The X Factor's Latest Promo Is 100-Percent Pure Britney: Is Ms. Spears the No. 1 Reason to Watch?

Britney Spears X FactorShe’s a little bit sweet. She’s a little bit mean (though she does have reservations about crushing people’s dreams). And apparently she drops accidental double entendres more easily than Simon Cowell dropped Nicole Scherzywhoozshe from the judges’ panel.

Yep, the latest promo for The X Factor focuses almost entirely on incoming mentor Britney Spears, from her gasps and guffaws to her questionable weave. Which leaves me wondering: Did you ever think you’d see an X Factor promo with so little Simon Cowell? Is the addition of the “Toxic” singer to the panel making you more likely to sample The X Factor‘s second season? In fact, I’m wondering is Britney the primary reason to sample Season 2?

Take our poll below, and for all my reality TV news, recaps, and commentary, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. I am a 23-year-old male and I won’t lie that the combination of Demi/Britney and my general liking of talent shows has me tuning in. I think it was completely smart to get two RELEVANT artists on the show, it meets the credibility of American Idol with the competition from The Voice.

2. TM2Bee says:

They have a very short leash this season in my household. This show was terrible last year and if they don’t get it done fast, it’s over for me. I really don’t think they are interested at all in finding anyone that can actually sing. It’s more about who can wear god awful clothes and shake their @ss. And when you have a “singer” on the panel that can’t even sing well herself, how in the heck is she (Demi) going to help anyone?

• meem says:

Uhhh, have you heard Britney? There are TWO people on the panel who can’t sing a note.

• TM2Bee says:

To be honest, no I haven’t. At least not in a long time and I am not even sure that it would’ve been live. But I will take your word for it. It would not surprise me in the least these days.

3. meem says:

You forgot the “None of the above, not if it were the last show on television” option.

4. Ken says:

The choices for this poll make it one of the best I have ever seen on the internet ever

5. RaineriRRC says:

I confess that I almost checked the “secret desire to enrage Christina Aguilera” box. Only thing is that my desire is not very secretive, lol

6. Késsia says:

Demi’s laugh, so contagious *-*

7. Mary says:

I was not impressed last year, I will check out if I have nothing better to do, but if it is all about the judges and the bickering between them goes on, I will be turning it off.

8. Mara says:

I hope it does well this year!
    I dont know if X Factor can translate to America. British X-Factor is just perfect.
    It’s like when they tried to do an American version of Skins, it just didn’t work. The British people have so much more…. genuine, unassuming, quirky, hilarious personalities. Even the obnoxious ones are entertaining!
    The American contestants seem to have less heart, and more over-dramatic sob stories. Every American contestant also seems to think they’re amazing from the get-go (a format that works for American Idol, as they ridicule those people). But X Factor really, really requires unassuming likeable people who blow the audience away. Unassuming is hard to pull off in the US.
    I will probably watch for the new judges and how they do. Britney and Demi are such mysterious wild cards. Also, anyone has to be better than JLo and Steven Tyler :p

9. Jared says:

Britney is the ONLY reason why I’ll be tuning in.

10. Bryan says:

Britney is so likeable..Americas gonna fall in love with her all over again.

11. april-ann says:

Oh, I dunno about Britney. I know she’ll always be popular be it her music or her antics, but I guess I’m of the school of thought that if a celeb of her high stature screws up as badly as she certainly did that they must try really hard to earn their way back in (and I don’t think she has). Britney aside I think this show has problems. I love Simon Cowell and I tried hard to get into it. But the ep I did try to watch was quickly clicked to another channel when I saw what I felt was blatant exploitation of an older and mentally disabled woman. That is not what I call entertainment. Another however minor (to some) aspect: Shows like this could take a lesson from their predecessors. It is a mistake to make the judges the primary stars of the shows. The host isn’t a star of the show either but has an important role. For example, the stars of Dancing With The Stars are the celeb dancers and their professional dancing partners, (but the judges are so, sooo fun to watch too and the host does a great job) and on AI, the stars are the final 12; the chemistry between the judges matters bigtime and if it’s not there it’s not there, but imo the judges should never be the primary reason to watch one of these shows. That would (and should) get real old real fast. The right judges and hosts for these shows know what to do and how to do it.

• Marisa says:

I get wanting celebs to earn back their fans, but that’s if they screw up in a way that hurts people. Like beating someone or getting arrested. Britney had personal, mental health issues, which were not her fault nor was it her doing something wrong to offend fans. So I hardly think she needs to earn her way back into anyone’s good graces.

• RaineriRRC says:

But from what i understand about the XF format, the judges have a substantial role, especially in this first part. Theyre not just commenting on someones performance, like the shows you mentioned, theyre gonna mentor a group of people. Thats why theyre not even called judges, but mentors. So, its reasonable that the promos focus on them in the beggining – and considering they have two very famous people on the panel, i wouldnt see it being any other way

12. Alex says:

Of course the promo is Britney-heavy. People already thoroughly know what kind of judge Simon is, so there’s no reason to feature him. Fans of his will watch. This ad is meant for people who don’t know that Britney is joining the show or are undecided about whether to watch due to her presence.

13. Matt says:

Are people still interested in Britney Spears? Wasn’t that like 10 years ago? Cowell is desperate.

• Cowell is hardly desperate. Desperate ppl don’t make $70mil a year. Britney is beloved by everyone and ppl will tune in to see her and to see a possible trainwreck. Whatever the outcome, it gives Cowell the most talked about show this fall and lots of eyeballs.

• Brooke says:

Britney just had her 8th platinum album. The first single for it set the record for the most radio plays in one day, and it broke the record for the most downloads in a first week by a female artist. Do you REALLY have to ask if people are still interested in her, or are you just a 16 year old who wants to make sure everyone knows he’s really, really cool?

14. Michelle says:

Lógico que é por causa da Britney *-*

15. Shaun says:

Lots of bickering last season,hate the team concept since it leads to bickering and politics.