Pretty Little Liars Recap: The BetrAyal Revealed!

Get More: Finales, Recaps

Pretty Little Liars The BetrayalWARNING: If you have yet to watch Tuesday’s season finale of Pretty Little Liars, avert your eyes now. Everyone else, you may proceed….

As the Pretty Little Liars got closer to the new A during the summer finale Tuesday night, the betrayer within their mist wasn’t the one they suspected – Emily’s girlfriend Paige – but Maya’s not-so-nice cousin Nate (who is really her stalker, Lyndon) and — gasp — perpetually stalwart Toby!

RELATED | Idol Alum Adam Lambert to Visit Pretty Little Liars

After luring Em to a cabin, Not Nate went on the attack, pulling out a video of Maya in which she confessed that she was staying at Noel Khan’s place in the woods while she sorted things out. Emily had taken Maya from Not Nate, given a little of her back to him and then rejected him for Paige. So now he was going to take something away from Em: A bound-and-gagged Paige!

Being the scrapper that she is, Emily managed to lure Not Nate away and ended up stabbing him with his own knife before a gun-toting Caleb found her. And then a shot went off. Cut to a bleeding Caleb being wheeled away by the paramedics. But who shot Hanna’s guy? Did he accidentally self-inflict the injury? Did Not Nate rise up and shoot him? Does Em know something we don’t?

Meanwhile, Garrett was released and — big news alert! — Toby and Spencer finally did the deed, which should have been the warning bell. Spencer losing her virginity to her on- and off-boyfriend was like Chekhov’s gun. Still, the episode’s final twist – Toby is the black hoodie-clad conspirator in cahoots with Mona – came as a shock.

In other potentially couple crushing news, Maggie showed up at Ezra’s apartment, but promised to keep Aria’s secret — and her own baby one — safe. But the look on Aria’s face as her boyfriend and his ex did some catching up spoke volumes about the troubles ahead for ‘Ezria.’

And, added bonus: there’s another Pretty Little Liars Halloween special ahead. Tune in for the holiday-themed installment on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 8/7c.

Hit the comments with your thoughts on Toby’s big betrAyal.

Comments (196)

• It makes sense! Toby was PRETTY EYES!

Comment by Anon – August 28, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bingo.

Comment by BRETT – August 28, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nate not so surprising. Toby, yeah I thought about his eyes before and briefly considered him, but I was still SHOCKED.

Comment by lorna – August 28, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also, didn’t Toby and Spencer have sex in previous episodes???

Comment by lorna – August 28, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, she was a virgin (as confirmed by the produces of the show)…I guess they did followed the whole everything but thing.

Comment by lara – August 28, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I think Mona was pretty eyes. Mona was the main “A” at the time and she has hazel eyes.

Comment by Lola – August 28, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, Toby definitely had to be “Pretty Eyes.” Remember, Mona wasn’t able to do everything. The person who massaged Emily at the spa? Very well was probably Toby. The person who helped Spencer from Ian and was strong enough to move him? Toby. Mona was the main “A” for the first two seasons, but the team was definitely still helping her out. And then we have the BIG A who we probably won’t uncover till the series finale or something.

Comment by Anon – August 29, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think Mona is the pretty eyes though, because when they found Dr. Sullivan she told them that she has threatened her (with the son thing).. But it makes sense though that Toby would safe Spencer when she was at the church.

Comment by Cli – September 9, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I came into watching the show a little late – what is the pretty eyes comment in reference to??

Comment by Leah – August 28, 2012 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Season 2A Finale. You should watch the first two seasons of the show while it’s on hiatus now.

Comment by Anon – August 29, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. I hope that Toby is actually a part of team A isn’t of being a double agent.

Comment by Russ – August 29, 2012 12:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought what might happen earlier in season 3 would be Alison would be at the same mental place as Mona… And also I hate Ezra and Aria together its getting boring and Ezra it to old!!!!! And who killed Alison?

Comment by M – September 1, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST. EPISODE. EVER!
    I.Marlene King should write all episodes!

Comment by Diogo Silva – August 28, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG So obvious Toby is pretending to be on “A” team to find answers. He told Spencer in the past!
      Now, can we get a really “TRUE VILLAIN” here? Mona bored me now with her over-the-top acting and Toby with scary face makes me wanna laugh.
      And Ezria, oh man, this ship is spiraling down. Ezra is like an old man. Something to do with his stubble, hair or the way he dressed?
      Oh, Aria, when are you gonna tap the younger Fitz. Clearly, he’s a better choice. Just learn from Wren-Melissa-Spencer!

Comment by Leo – August 28, 2012 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plus, what is wrong with Emily? You don’t go with you-just-blew-off-recently guy to a deserted cabin! Even if he promised a thousand army is gonna be there. Lol.

Comment by Leo – August 29, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That bothered me too. Nate/Lyndon had shown creepy possessive behavior with the Jenna situation. Also wouldn’t Emily be suspicious when Maya’s parents weren’t there yet?

Comment by portiaslegacy – August 29, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Toby isn’t “pretending.” He is on the team for real, but to find answers for himself, not to protect the girls. His history goes back far enough that helping the girls cannot be his motive. He is undercover for personal reasons, not as a knightly protector.

Comment by Stormi – August 30, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have so many trust issues right now, I’ve been crying for half an hour. Call me melodramatic I don’t care I don’t know if I can turn on my tv ever again

Comment by Lena – August 28, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no, i just think you’re stupid. it’s just a show, girl.

Comment by Brendon – August 29, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Toby is a double agent. He infiltrated the A-Team to help the Girls. It’s the only explanation that makes sense.

Comment by S – August 28, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am really hoping for the same! I just can’t believe he is in the A team!

Comment by Ve – August 28, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope so!, but I doubt it. He’s probably been helping Jenna this whole time. :T

Comment by Lola – August 28, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He’s probably the one who called Emily to tell her to get out!

Comment by sw – August 29, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • do you know how much that would suck? i am glad you guys aren’t writing the show, it would be boring & with perfect couples/relationships & only people that are so obvious & expected would be A. i think toby being A will make for GREAT drama, & when it’s someone like him, it is so much more exciting & suspenseful. if A was always who you expected, it would be so predictable & boring.

Comment by Brendon – August 29, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • WE CAN SPARE TOBY THOUGH. I can’t bear to think of him as evil, just… no, agh. In any case, though, I think it’s kind of obvious that neither Toby nor Mona is really the main A. They seem to be taking orders from someone; you can kind of gather that from the midseason finale. I’d rather leave the major surprises to that A than to Toby as the bad guy :/

Comment by MRA – September 5, 2012 07:06 PM PDT
    • That sounds absolutely logical. I would’ve never thought of that. Glad that’s out there to clear my head a bit from all this…

Comment by M – August 28, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i hope you have right

Comment by tay – August 28, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OH MY GOD. Please be right. That would make me stop bawling.

Comment by Katie – August 28, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My mom and I thought of that as well. But how messed up would it be if he wasn’t…

Comment by Jennifer – August 28, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First thing I thought as well. I really hope that’s the story line they’re going with…

Comment by heatherp – August 28, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OR….He was part of the A team (he definitely had reason to hate Ali), fell in love with Spencer while on the “job”, and NOW is a double agent. I just don’t know why the A-team would want him after they already knew that he was in a relationship with Spencer…so, IMO, he had to have joined prior to the relationship.

Unless, he has been playing the girls the entire time…

Comment by lara – August 28, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • At the end of last Season Mona asked Spencer to join the A-Team. If Toby was already part of the team it would have made more sense for him to ask her. Also “A” could have killed Toby with the scaffolding accident. I think Toby after Season 2, he told Spencer that he knew something was up even with Garrett and Mona apparently locked up and seemed like he was going to do his own investigation. Also at the end of one episode there were 2 hooded figures. Are we to believe that was Toby and a temporary escaped Mona? It’ very possible that Toby is a recent addition to Team A.

Comment by ASM – August 29, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I’m thinking. We already know he’ll go to great lengths to protect Spencer and he had that weird expression on his face when she hugged him goodbye. I think he’s up to something. I just don’t believe that Toby could be part of the A team, just like I don’t think they’d actually kill off Caleb.

Comment by Carrie – August 28, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did it have to be Toby? I started rooting for him back in the early episodes – hopeful that he was just a misunderstood good guy. And I enjoyed how true that was – up until now! Maybe he is doing it to protect Spencer? I just cannot imagine a world in which the devoted boyfriend Toby is evil and Wren is the good (though somewhat creepy and teenage-stalkerish) guy!!

Comment by Hmmmm – August 28, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Devastated by the Toby reveal! I need new episodes now!

Comment by tvaddict – August 28, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah but couldn’t toby be faking to get in with the A team to help bring them down? and is it like for sure that nate killed maya then? just bc he never confessed to it and this is pretty little liars one cant be too sure. bc then how did the A team get maya’s phone? so was it them that texted emily late last season?

Comment by kristina – August 28, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and it was probably paige that shot caleb because emily just completely ignored her afterwards and she was the only other person there. if its her though shes clearly not telling the cops that she shot him and is protecting her. idk somehow paige is involved i feel like or knows something. maybe she accidently shot him thinking it was nate but wither way emily did not act like a girlfriend should after nearly seeing her girlfriend get murdered so somethings prob up

Comment by kristina – August 28, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you…Also, when the other girls got to the cabin and couldn’t find Emily or Nate because they were outside already running towards the lighthouse…where was Paige???? She had been tied up on the couch when Emily ran out and Nate followed her so why wasn’t Emily sitting on the couch tied up when the others ran into the cabin?
        Also, just thinking but the episode prior to this one; there are two A’s at the jukebox yet they hadn’t shown Mona out of the institute and one of the A’s handed the other A a set of keys…I think that was when Toby got into it just to help out Spencer….He was the A that was handed the keys to get into that room with all the pictures, etc….

Comment by Kim – August 29, 2012 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The girls went to another cabin that was deserted…this wasn’t the same cabin that (Not) Nate, Emily, and Paige were in.

Comment by Curly Girly – August 29, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was shocked, but I guess the signals were there. It was quite obvious the new A was a guy, ’cause a few episodes back we saw A buying black hoodies and a jacket size large, and the clerk was talking to him at eye level. And he was drinking vodka on the flight back from Montecito, that couldn’t have been a girl.
          I’m not buying the theory that he infiltrated the A-team to protect the girls, because those scenes happened before he left town “for answers”. Toby has every reason to hate Alison, he was in juvi for a long time for something he didn’t do, it’s already strange he could forgive the liars, since Jenna’s incident pretty much ruined his life. Plus I believe A’s new lair is Toby’s loft above the cafè… he honestly looked surprised/scared for a second when he found Spencer in front of it and remember how he used to go take showers at Spencer’s everyday because the plumbing was broken and the loft was being remodeled? Sounds like a good excuse to keep Spencer away from the loft… but I think he loves Spencer, ’cause he looked sad when they parted, and that it was him who called Emily and told her to get out of the cabin. Since he and Mona were following Paige to set her up, they knew Nate had taken her. Or maybe he’s a great actor and just wanted Emily not to get hurt, for they need the liars to stay alive to play with them.
          Now we also know that there’s a third A involved…the one who exchanged something with Toby at the jukebox, the one on the phone with Mona while Toby was with Spencer and that last phonecall between Toby and someone else…I might be wrong but I’m under the impression it’s another guy, perhaps the vodka drinking one? It just seems weird for Toby to drink vodka, he’s barely out of high school, isn’t he still underage? I’d think it’s an older guy…which for me leaves Wren or Ezra.
          Nate being the killer was kinda too obvious, I was hoping for a twist…he didn’t explicitely say he killed Maya, but he said he was afraid Jenna had seen him with Maya at the Kahns cabin, so I guess there’s no doubt about that.
          I’m really curious to find out what Maya knew about the A team…and how exactly Caleb got shot too. There has to be more to it…if it was Nate who shot him, maybe they would have shown us at least Nate reaching for the unguarded gun. And yes, where was Paige when Emily was fighting with Nate? She couldn’t possibly have called the police, since she was tied up…what if A helped her, maybe trying to recruit her for the A team as well?
          The Maggie storyline felt completely out of place in the episode. Maggie seems quite nice and Aria has never looked so immature.
          So many feelings after this mid-season finale…

Comment by Alice – August 29, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think Toby being for-real on the A-team makes a lot of sense for all the reasons Alice says. In fact, I think the reason it’s such an awesome twist is because it’s intially really shocking but then makes a lot of sense, storytelling-wise, when you think about the characters’ histories. Toby has plenty of reasons to hate Alison and dislike the PLL to justify him being genuinely involved in tormenting the Liars. I understand why people don’t want it to be a true betrayal, but I’d have a lot of respect for the show if it really went there and stayed there w/him on this.

Comment by Jessica P. – August 29, 2012 07:15 AM PDT
          • Who says women don’t drink vodka?

And about midway through the series there has been an “A” that has helped the Liars out a few times. Why can’t that be Toby? I think you make some valid points but I think there are enough on the other side to think he is working against “A” which makes the storyline really interesting.

I’m really more intrigued on who shot Caleb.

Comment by Deena – August 29, 2012 11:07 AM PDT
          • To Deena: I was speaking about girls, not women. The only adult women in the show are the parents and Melissa. The other important female characters are all UNDERAGE teenagers, they couldn’t possibly be on a plane drinking vodka, could they? That’s why I think it has to be a guy. And he went to Montecito to cause Caleb’s mom accident…unless she’s a trained killer, I can’t imagine Melissa doing something like that.

Comment by Alice – August 29, 2012 04:47 PM PDT
          • You say that all the main female characters are under age. But what about Cece? She was so recently introduced and it has to be for a reason. Plus, she shares a lot of common traits with Alison. Therefore, it would also make sense for her to be the main A. We don’t know that much about her; and just because other male characters (Ezra, Wren, etc) have been there longer doesn’t mean there isn’t a sea of connections within this new character. Although, I would be excited to see Wren portrayed as the bad guy since so far he’s been pretty bland for me, even with the Sanitarium plot.

Comment by MRA – September 5, 2012 07:14 PM PDT
      • I’m not so sure about Paige shooting Caleb. When Caleb got to the top of the stairs they showed putting the gun on the ledge in front him, away from the strairs, with the handle facing Nate. Anyone other than Nate shooting Caleb would have had to sneak up the stairs and around Emily and Caleb. Also the shot was seeminly soon after Emily and Caleb started hugging. Meaning if someone else came up the stairs they would have had to have been basically right behind Caleb. The only other possibility is Emily, which doesn’t make sense either from timing and spacing. She would have had to push Caleb away, grab the gun handle facing away from her and shoot him in a split second. Also Gun shot residue would easily reveal she shot the gun, so premeditated shooting Caleb wouldn’t make sense. Of course PLL has never been a real stickler for details like spacing, timing, forensics etc.

As well as Emily and Paige may have comforted each other before all the police arrived, that’s why Emily was more focused on Hanna. Especially since Emily could feel guilty that Nate, her association, shot Caleb. Plus it was Eamily’s ‘fault’ for not checking Nate’s credentials right away and going to the cabin with him, all of which lead to Caleb being shot. If it was really Nate.

Comment by ASM – August 29, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Toby is NOT betraying anyone!! He is trying to find out who A really is! You can’t fool me! ha ha ha

Comment by Jenn – August 28, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope Toby is on the girls side but is trying to figuring out who Mona is working for ..i love Toby he’s so sweet and i love Spencer and Toby together ..

Comment by de – August 28, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m devasted lol but maybe he’s pretending? maybe he’s doing this for protect spencer and the girls

Comment by tay – August 28, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope what you wrote is the truth. My sister and I gasped when we saw it was Toby and I could swear I heard my heart break.

Comment by elr – August 29, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, Toby has to be a Snape-like character, pleaaaaase Hahaha
    Who’s Not-Nate? I’m sooo behind in 2nd season, but I don’t mind spoilers.
    Given that I’m way behind forgive my ignorance, but is Aria pregnant? Or I misunderstood the last part?

Comment by Olivia – August 28, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not Nate was actually a stalker pretending to be closely related to maya. His real name was not actually Nate.
      Aria is not prego. Ezra got a girl preg when he was in HS and his mom said she would “Take care of it” Aria later finds out that the woman kept the baby and did not abort it, but neglected to tell Ezra, who had no clue that he had a living son.

Comment by M – August 28, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As soon as Spencer and Toby did the deed, I was like yup, Toby is A. I think Jenna is A and Toby figured that out and is now infiltrating. He took the job away from Spencer to look like he was trying to get away from her. I think Jenna was afraid of Nate and that is why she said she owed Emily one.

Comment by Elizabeth – August 28, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Spencer/Toby sex scene reminded me of Sidney loosing her virginity in Scream.

Also I have to admit I was bothered by how hot vs cold Toby could be, and I didn’t believe the scene with Dr. Sullivan from the end of last season. So I don’t feel betrayed by the show

Comment by portiaslegacy – August 29, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I keep going back to the stuff with Dr. Sullivan too. We know that one of the A’s was her patient at one point. I think we all assumed it was Mona, but then the last finale we had that weird comment where Dr. S says something about Toby helping her be able to come back to town. Perhaps it was actually Toby that was her A patient, but he’s told her he’s helping figure it all out or something to make everyone safer? Also can anything think of any potentially suspicious interactions Mona and Toby have actually had in the past??

Comment by Leah – August 29, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Nate (whose is really…” Seriously? No copy-editing?

Comment by Jan – August 28, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Par for the course around here.

Comment by tripoli – August 28, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention “A betrayer in their mist” instead of “in their midst.” SMH

Comment by Jessica P. – August 29, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Toby is just trying to infiltrate the a-team for the girls. I won’t watch if he’s a bad guy completely.

Comment by Amanda – August 28, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So who killed Maya? Nate, A- Team or Garrett?

Comment by BL – August 28, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought Nate or whatever his real name was

Comment by tvaddict – August 28, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was Nate/Lyndon. He was stalking Mya. That’s why Garrett was released, because Nate/Lyndon had pretty much confessed to killing Mya.

Comment by Curly Girly – August 29, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Toby is not really on the A team. He said a couple episode back that he was going to find out the truth so maybe he joined the A team to find out answers to help the girls. Or I am just rying rationalize it that Toby is actually bad. On the other hand I could see why he would be on the A team ( Alison making him take the blame for blinding Jenna, and when he came back to town the girls lead a witch hunt against him that he killed Alison). However, I dont know why he would chose Emily to pick on as she was the only one of the girls to defend him in season 1. I really liked him and Spencer together. On the other hand I was not really suprised about “Nate” something was always off about him.

Comment by Nicole – August 28, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said. He’s really grown on me and I’d hate for him to actually be one of the bad guys, so it would be great if it was an act to help out the girls. Guess we’ll see.

Comment by tripoli – August 28, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else notice that Maggie is Alex Mack? So awesome.

Comment by Jennifer – August 28, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maggie is not Alex Mac lol

Comment by Donna – August 28, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, she is. Have the facts before you correct someone.

Comment by tripoli – August 28, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually could not stop thinking that through her entire scene…

Comment by heatherp – August 28, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s also Cynthia Cosgrove on Mad Men

Comment by portiaslegacy – August 29, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Larissa Oleynik who played Alex Mack is Maggie on PLL. She also played Bianca Stratford in the movie “10 things I hate about you”. Bianca’s sister Kat in the T.V. series of “10 things I hate about you” is played by the same actress who plays Paige in PLL Lindsey Shaw.

Bianca obviously forgot all her dad’s anti-teen pregnancy speeches when she met Ezra…

Comment by ASM – August 29, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG, she was Bianca in 10 Things I Hate About You?!?!?!
        Man am I old. LOL

Comment by Deena – August 29, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL!!

Comment by Leah – August 29, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was also Jenna on Hawaii Five-0.

Comment by nobody – August 29, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely think Toby has real feelings for Spencer, or else he wouldn’t have looked so guilty when he was hugging her goodbye… My only question now is did Toby join the A-team because of Spencer, or did he start dating Spencer because of the A-team?

Comment by Carly – August 28, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those were my thoughts exactly.
      I’ve grown to really love Toby, and part of me hopes he is just part of the “A Team” as a sort of “double agent”. Unfortunately, the only way I can see that being true is if he figured everything out long ago and joined the group when the “Team” thought he still definitely had something against the girls, OR if he came to really care for Spencer, Emily, etc. and has secretly changed his mind and is planning some sort of sabotage.
      Otherwise, there is no way a group as clever as the A Team would just let someone with close ties to the girls join them without being absolutely sure of his true loyalties and motivations.

Sooo… I still have a bit of hope for Toby. But I won’t stop watching if he is really a bad guy – things just got a lot more interesting.

Comment by Katie – August 28, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is

Comment by Ashley – August 28, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Toby is playing the part, because he wants to protect the girls. He’s going to turn out to be good, and I’m pretty sure he’s the one who called Emily to get her to leave the house before Nate noticed. Plus, Caleb knows more than he lets on, and actually knew he was risking something by going to the actual place and leading the liars to the wrong location. Those two guys are 100% good and I have a feeling that by the end of 3B it will be proven. Mona is still pretty sketchy. Also who shot Caleb? Emily,Nate,Paige,Mona,Toby,or A watching ? Pretty sure it was meant to be this uncertain ,otherwise we would know, all in all, great finale!

Comment by jenn – August 28, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You need to relax I said lol I wasn’t trying to correct it was more of a statement of shock I love how people assume grow up my fault for not using proper exclamation when needed

Comment by Donna – August 28, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • try replying to what’s said to you instead of starting a disjointed thread about supposedly being attacked

Comment by Sara – August 28, 2012 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, using punctuation would allow us to actually understand your posts.

Comment by Meg – August 29, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope everyone on here is right.

Not Toby, please, not Toby. Can be Paige, Caleb even Ezra but not Toby. Spencer and Toby are just so good together, definitely the best couple on the show, just so (hate to use this word but best describes them) cute together.

Please Not Toby!!

Get this trending:

#NotToby

Comment by Martin – August 28, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I first saw that Toby may or may not be on the A team I thought that there had to be a rational explanaition! That, as you all have said he MUST be protecting Spencer. But now, although I still hope that that is true, I am no longer so sure. For one I seriously doubt that anyone on the A team would accept any newbies at this point, especially if that newbie was Toby! Talk about a red flag. Secondly, after having read all of the above comments and being reminded of things I had forgotten, I can see why Toby may hold a bit of a grudge against the girls. Its actually less logical to assume that he would forgive them after taking the blame for blinding Jenna and thus becoming the town outcast and then being accused of murder. It would take a pretty big person to forgive AND forget all of that. I am however, hoping for the best because he did call and warn Emily about Nate. So either there is some good left in Toby, Toby DID somehow manage to fool the A team into letting him in or the A team wants the girls out of the way but doesnt want any real harm to come to them (despite hitting Hannah with a car…)

Lastly, I just want to comment on the fact that everyone seems to dislike Wren because he is into Hannah and once liked Spencer which seems pretty skeevy considering that they both are teenagers. But I am wondering why this doesn not apply to Ezra? I get that we are supposed to root for those two but the more I watch the show and see how much of a difference there is between the two of them the more I think that THIS relationship is pretty skeevy as well. In seeason 1 when they got together I’d wrongly assumed that Aria was a senior and 18 or soon to be 18. Apparently, she was more like a 16 year old junior while Ezra was a 23ish year old who’d been previously engaged and unknowingly fathered a child…hmmm

Comment by DeeKayTee – August 28, 2012 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The whole Ezra/Aria thing is TOTALLY skeevy! Just big ewww! Plus Aria looks 12 and ezra looks near 30 so ughhh! Maybe Toby can be A with his shirt off, then it wouldn’t matter so much since really this show never makes any actual sense!

Comment by charissa29 – August 28, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Remember how in the first or second season when Ian was still alive, and the girls were speculating about who ‘A’ was, & Ian was one of their prime suspects? They also kept emphasizing how Ian/’A’ was especially into young girls……& Wren kinda seems to fit that description. I mean, yeah Ezra & Aria has a pretty huge age gap, but at least Ezra doesn’t have/try to have relationships with younger girls like how Wren does. But….Wren hasn’t been featured much.

Comment by Ashlynne – August 30, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I refuse to belive Marlene King would make Toby a part of the A team.He joined to protect the girls. Spoby has a huge fanbase and Marlene King destroying them would be show suicide in my opinion. Anyways awesome episode.

Comment by Maryam – August 28, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Naahhh…show suicide could have been making A the person in the books, AKA, the most predictable, unimaginative ending ever.

However, I *do* remember Marlene King (or one of the other writers/producers) saying in an interview that they believe that Spoby are soulmates and will end up together, or something to that effect. So…I am inclined to believe that Toby isn’t really evil.

Comment by lara – August 28, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So how old is Ezra supposed to be now and he just had a birthday 25?

Comment by Donna – August 28, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Too old to be schtupping a teenager! Bleh!

Comment by Curly Girly – August 29, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t THAT suprised to see Nate as Maya’s killer. But I WAS suprised that Toby was A!! I still can’t belive it!:()

Comment by Mary – August 28, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol I’m totally the opposite. Not so shocked Toby was in the hoodie but more shocked that nate was bad

Comment by sophia – August 29, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Knew it would be Toby. It’s always the person who has the least amount of screen time. Nate=Derek from One Tree Hill…just saying. Still LOVE this show!

Comment by A – August 28, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing with Psycho Derek lmfao. I suspected Nate was Maya’s ‘stalker’ from the moment he popped up. It was only confirmed for me when he kept “forgettting” Maya’s parents’ address and by how pushy he was with both Jenna and Emily.

Comment by MRA – September 5, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So who do you guys think shot Caleb?

Comment by Clark – August 28, 2012 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it must have been Nate, aiming for Emily. But maybe not…if it was Emily, she certainly knows more than her friends, cause they were clearly worried for him and not angry with her.
      The only other person I can think of logically is possibly Paige? Maybe she ran up the stairs, saw a man “attacking” Emily, and shot him before she knew who it was? It seems far fetched because she’d have to get very close to grabthe gun and shoot; you’d think she’d notice it was Caleb and he was hugging her. But I could possibly see Emily protecting Paige. Hence her need to comfort Hannah, but not her girlfriend. She would be freaked by the whole situation.
      But I still think probably Nate.

Comment by Gilda – August 28, 2012 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i thought he might have accidentally shot himself in the scuffle. if he’s holding the gun to his side as he’s walking in, it’s not much of a stretch to think that his finger hit the trigger considering everything else that was going on up in the lighthouse.

Comment by Sara – August 28, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I need to rewatch this tomorrow. I thought he had set the gun down to hug her, but I’m not sure. None of the girls are getting guns now, that’s for sure. Which is actually kind of annoying because I’ve always been irked by the fact that these girls are surrounded by murderers and don’t even carry pepper spray, let alone a weapon! If I were them I think I’d have more than a fuzzy lamp for protection.

Comment by Gilda – August 28, 2012 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Caleb put the gun down before hugging Emily. Obvious choice for the shooter would of course be not Nate (might have grabbed the gun in one last conscious moment to shoot Emily, but hit Caleb). The other option is Paige thinking Caleb was Not-Nate/ attacking Emily and taking the gun to protect Emily… Other theories?

Comment by Eve – August 29, 2012 01:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Maybe Emily shot Caleb to make it look like self defense that she stabbed Nate. Or maybe it was even Caleb who shot himself to protect Emily and the girls. The shot was not fatal. It was definitely planned. You all know how these girls lie.

Comment by Sandrine – August 29, 2012 06:45 AM PDT
          • Maybe Emily shot Caleb as a self defense alibi for stabbing Nate. Or it can be Caleb who shot himself to protect Emily and the girls. That shot was clearly not fatal. It was definitely planned. You know how these girls lie to the police all the time.

Comment by Sandrine – August 29, 2012 06:50 AM PDT
        • he did put the gun down.

Comment by Elyse – August 29, 2012 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it was Nate/Lyndon. He was lying on the floor, dying, and Caleb set the gun down. I think Nate/Lyndon reached for the gun and shot Caleb as he was dying. I mean, c’mon, it happens in the movies all the time!

Comment by Curly Girly – August 29, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re right but wouldn’t you think they’d show us him reaching for the gun then go.out and just heard the shot.

Comment by sophia – August 29, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, so was Nate on the A-team?

Comment by kavyn – August 28, 2012 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No he was Maya’s stalker from the boot camp she was sent to previously.

Comment by Meg – August 29, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my god that was brilliant. Toby had like the first major suspect plot, and then we realized how wrong we were. So I didn’t suspect him after that! Oh my god.

Comment by Gilda – August 28, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Toby loves Spencer too much to ever betray her..he’s just pretending to be a part of the A team to get info on the real A and to protect Spencer! Spoby are the best couple on PLL and Marlene isn’t stupid to mess them up for good!!

Comment by Lea – August 28, 2012 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why when Hanna called emily it’s said Angie or why the watriess called her angie also???? I’m so horrified about Toby being on the a team ;(

Comment by Jennifer – August 28, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hannah borrowed the waitress’s phone because Emily wouldn’t pick up when the caller ID said Hannah.

Comment by DeeKayTee – August 28, 2012 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smh Smh.. The writers are going to continue to pile story on top of story w/ no real direction.. I mean come on we still haven’t found out who killed Ali.

As for Toby.. There’s three things I’m thinking:
    He was apart of the A-team all along and his relationship w spencer is to get more info about her and the girls
    Or he is protecting the girls
    Or spencer is in on the A- team and knows all about Toby’s involvement

How did Caleb know about the cabin where Nate took Emily? He has to have some involvement w the A- team, or either like I said earlier Toby is protecting the girls and cannot directly tell them what’s going on so he won’t to caleb and used Caleb as a way to protect the girls

Idk.. Emily does seem very out of it lately like she goes in and out of what happens and what she thinks happen

And the biggest question of them all are: Why is Mona protecting Nate? Why did she want to pin it on Paige as being Maya’s killer?? .. Or maybe Paige knows something and they’re trying to get her out of the picture..

Comment by Pll fan – August 28, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Caleb told Hanna he heard them talking and headed to one cabin and sent the girls to the other since they didn’t know exactly where Emily was staying.

Comment by Meg – August 29, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she wanted to pin it on paige so she could get garret out of jail………

Comment by alyssa – September 2, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well thank God Toby is part of the A team. He has purpose now!!!! Toby has been so boring since his relationship with Spencer. I know a lot of people go nuts over the PLL couples and I know they have a lot of fans but seriously… These couples are so boring now. Ezria is blah. Ezra is an adult with no job and no friends living in his tiny apartment (with a magical kitchen that moved to the opposite side of the apartment door) with his only guest being his totally hot brother and his underage girlfriend. It’s PATHETIC! Remember when their relationship was exciting and you never knew if they’d get caught or not. It was fun and it was cute but now he’s just a lazy ass pedo instead of a fun and exciting pedo. He and Arias relationship has been so overdone that the writers have run out of ideas. So on top of being a pedo, they give him a son. And “Haleb” is just dull. It’s boring! He was the hot bad boy that was working for Jenna but at the same time fell in love with Hanna. Well that’s over now. He’s moody and annoying and there is nothing left to the relationship. And “Spoby” well thank the good Lord that something is finally spicing up this relationship because it was getting old. I used to like them together but the spark faded. “But oh they had hot sex!!!” hot sex? I wouldn’t go that far, it was shirtless action that lasted like 20 minutes. HELLOOO back to the story now. I like Emily this season. She’s getting around (you go girl)! Her relationships are never dull because the writers don’t drag them out. This season romantically has been a bore. The relationships last too long! Personally I want to see these pairings: Aria and Jason – I like the whole idea of them. I think he’s hot and sweet and not a father. He’s also Spencers brother which will add drama to the show. Also, dating Alison’s brother will definitely put her on the A-teams radar. Or Aria and Wesley!!! EEEEH THE DRAMA! That would be so adorable. Greg Sulkin gives me butterflies. Id love to see Aria switch Fitz. Oh but wait, my bad… She would be dating a Fitzgerald not a Fitz, i forgot the pedo is too proud of his pedophilic ways to use his real name. Spencer and Wren – I’m sorry but my heart gushes for that doctor. He’s the combination of sexy, cute, and sweet and omg that voice… Who cares if he only likes minors! But seriously they are cute together. And please don’t hate me… Hanna and Lucas! – Lucas is such a dork but he is adorable and obviously involved in the A team. It would make things exciting and I really like the idea of popular hot chick, and dorky loser… I really wish relationships would change because right now this show is just going on “who is A”. Do you really want to watch what will most likely be 6 seasons of Ezria, Haleb, and Spoby? I dont.

Comment by Nicole – August 28, 2012 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t exactly think they are boring but the writes have written themselves into a corner with the couples. Most viewers think Ezria, Haleb, and Spoby are destine to be together. I do think Ezria should break up and stay broken up they have been on/off for the whole show. Spoby is now interesting with Toby being team A. Haleb eh. I don’t think Emily and Paige go together, but will probably stay together for a while. They need new guys/girl for the liars to fall for.

Comment by Russ – August 29, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I for one can’t stand Wren and Spencer together…. that’s just blah on so many levels. Spencer doesn’t seem like Spencer when she’s with him. Take for example, how she was drunk around him. Yes, he didn’t take advantage of her, but at the same time we saw a very different Spencer, one that acted more like what you’d expect from a Hanna or pre-A Mona character. I like her as smart and independent and classic, which is only amplified by the trust factor she has with Toby. Of course, now that he’s basically become her secret enemy, we can only wonder what will happen with them once Toby’s other identity is revealed. I’d like to see that plot pan out and be explored a bit before we get forgiveness from Spencer, something that in my opinion happened prematurely with Haleb which is probably why we lost the charismatic ‘sleeping-with-the-enemy’ factor with them that presented such a spark. I would root for Lucas but as of late it seems that he may have taken a toll for the worst, but I’m holding out hope for him. Oooh, and I do ship Jaria <3. As for Spoby, they can have their times apart but IMO they're kind of like a Chuck and Blair couple for me. If they don't find their way back to each other I'd probably lose faith in PLL since they're my personal favorite. Another thing is, I think we see too much 'coupley' stuff with Ezria and not necessarily enough with Haleb or Spoby. We've seen Ezra and Aria cuddling up during movies together, eating dinner, going out…. where is any of that with the other couples? Even Emily and Samara got a movie date with screen time. Just my two cents.

Comment by MRA – September 5, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think some of you guys might be in denial I believe Toby is part of the A team and has been all along I know he got hurt in season 2 but that is suspicious and Marlene King did say that out of those 12 people on the list of betrayers one of them is on the A team and it turned out to be Toby I do hope I am wrong though I love Toby and Spencer I don’t want him to be part of the team for real but more than likely he is wether we like it or not either way he is still betraying them cause he’s lying and he did frame Paige and Mona didn’t want Garret out of jail I am still suspicious of Garret though the smirk on his face has got to mean something. And there is nothing wrong with Ezra and Arias relationship u can’t help who u fall in love with no matter how old they are and I don’t think it’s creepy at all.

Comment by Jessica – August 28, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know what to think about Toby .. The one thing that sticks out as him being good tho is how he warned Emily to get out of the cabin before not Nate returned …

Comment by Alana – August 28, 2012 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who told Emily to get out of the house, do you think? If Jenna’s on the a team, she could have done it. She did try to warn Emily last week and all.

Comment by Gilda – August 29, 2012 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did Paige get out of the cabin though? When the girls ran in, she wasn’t tied up on the couch where Emily and Nate had left her when Nate took off after Emily out the door to the lighthouse…

Comment by Kim – August 29, 2012 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The girls are at the wrong cabin, Kim. Caleb and the Girls split up to two cabins. Caleb went to the right one.

Comment by Leo – August 29, 2012 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sincerely hope Toby isn’t revealed to be a double agent. He is infinitely more interesting as a villain.

Comment by Danielle – August 29, 2012 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone seriously loves Spencer and Toby this much? really? I mean don’t get me wrong I think they’re cute and all but I’m more of a fan of her and Wren. I also like Caleb and Hanna the most so hopefully he doesn’t get killed off :( I’m still wondering who shot him. I don’t think Ezra is too old for Aria and they are making them a little more interesting but I do wonder why she never really gets stories that involves A hmm? Toby being in the A team to protect Spencer doesn’t make sense to me because if that is the case then why would they trust him? if he’s been with them the whole time or just joined they must be idiots then.

Comment by S – August 29, 2012 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For me, it’s the fact that she called him her safe place to land… I mean, when you’re being anonymously tortured on a daily basis and ultimately being pushed to your fearful limit 24 hours out of the day, the one thing a character like Spencer would naturally value is that sense of security. I can see why Hanna would need the more distracting, carefree kind of vibe in her relationship and why Aria wants something that makes her feel more mature than she’s perceived. Plus, it kind of bothers me that Wren is noticeably shorter than Spencer… ruins the kissing scenes for me.

Comment by MRA – September 5, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Toby was part of the A team since the beginning because remember in the second season (I think) A loosed up the scaffolding he was working on and Toby fell off it and ended up in hospital…so why would he do that to himself? Or the fact that A always made Spencer stay away from Toby to keep him safe? Plus, there’s probably like at least two more members of the A team so the idea that he’s a double agent seems more plausible!
    Seriously shocking though!!

Comment by Aoife – August 29, 2012 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Remember when they were talking about Paige as A and Hanna asked, “why would she drug herself?” and Spencer said it gave her the perfect alibi because no one would suspect her if she was an A victim too? That’s why.

Comment by Meg – August 29, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I thought about that, too but Toby wasn’t even remotely shifty or a suspect at that time so it wouldn’t make too much sense for him to do that to himself at that point. Then again, there could have been some deep, long-winded theory behind it that we, as yet, don’t know of.

Comment by Aoife – August 29, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How drugged was Paige? If she was A she could have pretended to be drugged or knew how to minimize the effects. A tends to plan things out well, minimizing variations in their plan. With the scaffolding, no one was around why did Toby go about his business normally (I’ll have to rewatch the episode, maybe there is a clue there), if he knew the scaffold wasn’t safe why not take more precautions from getting more seriously injured. No one was around but us viewers, that scene was staged for us there were no other witnesses seems extreme. Also if A didn’t tell Toby, that’s worse. Toby could have been killed or paralyzed. If A didn’t need Toby ‘healthy’ or alive as part of the team at the time, then Toby would’t have be on the A-Team.

If Toby is a double agent, I’m sure the A-Team is using him more than he’s using them. They might set him up to take the fall for various things and/or reveal some secrets to him, but hide others secrat shtey feared he may have found out on his own. This way he’s on their leash.

Comment by ASM – August 29, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one seems to have considered that that might be something Toby didn’t know about. At that point, he could’ve just doing the dirty work. For all we know, leader A was punishing him for being more involved with Spencer than he was supposed to be. Toby is not A, he’s on the A team. So we also have to consider that A is a very ruthless, diabolical person with an incurable hatred for Alison and the PLL. A personality like that could very easily be scaring Toby or goading him into doing specific things, or they’re controlling him by tapping into his weaknesses. Maybe he’s only involved because he has to be. With the A team, it’s join or die. Remember when Mona tried to get Spencer on their side? She ended up taking her to a dead-end cliff.

Comment by MRA – September 5, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never thought about it like that… Your theory makes a whole lot of sense.

Comment by Lhondyn – September 6, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy $*** F*** Balls this was a GREAT ep and twist I didn’t see coming. Though, as pointed out, one A is out to get him. FUN times ahead!

Comment by Brock – August 29, 2012 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Marlene King has said before that Spoby is one of her favorite couples so it wouldn’t surprise me if they make it so that Toby is only on the A Team to try and help the girls out somehow. Like a double agent.

Comment by Elyse – August 29, 2012 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did Nate actually kill Maya? he never said he did, so I’m wondering. Not a surprise that he’s her stalker though.

Comment by Sam – August 29, 2012 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t Garett charged with the murder of both Maia and Alli?? If so, how could he walk free??

Comment by gaby – August 29, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When Spencer and Jason handed in that anklet earlier this season, the Allison case was dropped. Nate definitely killed Maya, so that charge was dropped as well. Hope that helps! :)

Comment by Lena – August 29, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He wa,sbut charges for mudering Ali were dropped when it wasnt his blood on her ankelet andLindon aka Nate killed Maya so charges were dropped there too and a couple episodes ago, Noel gave Spencer a video of Maya after she rode with Garret in his car and it showed her being grabbed.

Comment by Brandy – August 29, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • garret wasn’t charged with killing ali anymore because the blood on the ali’s anklet didnt match garrets blood…….

Comment by alyssa – September 2, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • did anyone understant what went on in the cemetery? like, why was “A” late and why did Caleb and the girls decide to leave and go to the cabin? and what was Mona’s role in all this??

Comment by gaby – August 29, 2012 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The “A” Team sent Paige a text to show up at the cemetery before the girls got there. They wanted Paige to be there before the girls got there to further prove their suspicions that Paige was “A”. However, Nate kidnapping Paige thwarted “A”s plans, so they had to abandon their plan. When nobody showed up at the cemetery, the girls thought that “A”s plan was to get them there so that “A” could attach Emily at the cabin. Hence, the girls and Caleb then leaving to find/save Emily.

Comment by Curly Girly – August 29, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A (Mona and Toby) sent the girls (Hannah, Aria, Spencer, and Paige) to the cemetery. They wanted it to look like Paige was the one who called the meeting, thus confirming the Liars’ suspicions about her. They had planted Maya\’s phone on Paige to make her look even more guilty. But Paige never made it to the cemetery because Nate kidnapped her. This threw off A\’s plan (hence Mona’s ”change of plans” line).

The Liars knew the name of the cabin Emily had gone to, and found two cabins by that name in two different towns. Caleb overheard them discussing it via the recorder they’d equipped on their phones. He left to check out one cabin (the right one) and the girls left to check out the other (wrong) cabin.

The real question is what Caleb knew. It seems to me he knew exactly where Emily would be and made sure the girls were not the ones to find her. But how did her know? Could he also be a part of the A Team?

Comment by Dr. Sparky (@OnMyTruth) – August 29, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also to throw suspicion on Caleb. He suddenly has a gun. None of the vicitms on PLL have bothered carrying pepper spray, tasers or take self-defense classes. It makes sense for Caleb now to arm himself, if he’s part of the A-Team, because he’s going up against an unknown variable Nate. Hell hath no fury like A scorned by someone kidnapping their chosen fall person… Also Caleb drove away without dicussing with the girls. He should have at least taken one person with him as a witness, take Aria with him and send Spencer and Hanna to the other place. As well as he didn’t call them, Hanna had to call him to find out where he’s going… plus he had the gun ready and even came up the lighthouse stairs with it. He seems like someone prepared to use the gun and guns are designed for killing i.e. he was planning on killing Nate, but Emily did it for him.

Comment by ASM – August 29, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well Hannah sprayed Caleb with hairspray back in season 2 and that worked well on him so she might carry around hairspray instead of pepper spray, less suspicious.
          Also carrying that stuff around might not be allowed at their school, might look extremely suspicious, it’ll make A more armed because A would know the girls are prepared etc.
          Just a thought

Comment by Codla – August 29, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree at their school that stuff might not be allowed. However how many times have they gone too weird laces outside of school? As for suspicious, Ali their close friend was murdered, then Maya one of their girlfriends was murdered. Aside from the various other weird things happening to or around the girls, it’s almost more suspicious they don’t care carry protection around.

Or at least take some self defense/martial arts classes. They frequently get into physical confrontation situations, like when Aria and Lucas had that stare down. I doubt Lucas would have been that aggressive/threatening towards Spencer or Emily. if Emily who presumably has strong legs from swimming had learned some basic kicks, she could have busted out of the Kahn’s cabin when her and Hanna got trapped in there. Also then they might be so afraid of physical confrontations with A.

It’s also weird the parents haven’t installed security cameras or proper house alarms. They don’t know everything that’s going on, but they seem to have some idea weird/bad things are happening to the girls.

Comment by ASM – August 29, 2012 06:57 PM PDT
  • Toby is DEF part of the A-Team!!!!! He has so many reasons to hate those girls. Because of them, he got sent away and the town hated him. Everyone thought he hurt Jenna when he knew all along it was Ali and that her friends knew what happened. If I were him, I couldnt look past that. So I think he joined the team, and first tried to befriend Emily, and then she turned out to be gay, and then Spencer so he could find out how much information they really know. Now Unless Mona has been getting out of the hospital the whole time, is there another A?? Or do you think it was Mona and Toby last week at the jukebox? I still think Lucas is involved somehow, why would they show him in a few episodes going crazy and then just drop his storyline. I coudl go on for days……I LOVE this show!!!

Comment by Heather – August 29, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does the girl on the right in this picture always look like a deer stuck in the headlights? The only thing good about this show is Holly Marie Combs. The rest of the cast is mediocre.

Comment by Alyssa – August 29, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Toby would have to have been part of the A team all along, from its inception. You don’t just “join” the A Team. To just join (as a double agent or whatever) would mean that you would have to know who else was a part of it. And if you knew that, then the mystery would be solved. Duh.

Comment by Agreed – August 29, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At the end of the episode Mona said something about not making a phone a call, although there were a few phone calls made. Any guesses as to what she was talking about.?

Comment by sherknd – August 29, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They planted Maya’s phone on Paige and were going to call it while all the girls were in the cemetery to “prove” that Paige killed Maya/was A. But as Paige was kidnapped they couldn’t do that.

Comment by portiaslegacy – August 29, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post