Cougar Town Scoop: Look Who's Playing Tom's New (First?) Girlfriend

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Ali Wentworth Cougar TownThe Cul-de-Sac Crew’s seventh wheel is finally getting some action!

Cougar Town is introducing a love interest for Bob Clendenin’s loveable hanger-on Tom, and the lucky lady will be played by actress/comedian Ali Wentworth, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Will TBS Change Cougar Town‘s Title?

Wentworth, whose acting credits include Starz’s Head Case and playing Jerry’s girlfriend in Seinfeld‘s classic “Soup Nazi” episode, will appear during the comedy’s upcoming fourth season (which is slated to premiere on TBS in early 2013).

On Monday, Wentworth — who’s the wife of Good Morning America‘s George Stephanopoulous — tweeted a pic of herself on the show’s set.

Comments (16)

• Good news for her!! I like her!!

Comment by Adam – August 28, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was all ‘who’s tom?’ and then I remembered, which is quintessentially what the cul de sac crew do every day..

Comment by Nina – August 28, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! I like her too, and I find Head Case to be absolutely hilarious!

Comment by Sarabi – August 28, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting and good for the Tom character too, very underused and very funny!

Comment by Scott – August 28, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this!

Comment by JJ – August 28, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, I really like Tom. And this wouldn’t be his first love interest…he has children which suggests he had love at one point :P

Comment by mia – August 28, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah wasn’t there something about him saying his wife died?

Comment by B – August 28, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great choice!

Comment by Lorie – August 28, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You go, Tom! Go get you some!

Comment by Luis – August 28, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is just something about her that doesn’t appear to me, perhaps it’s just my long standing crush on her husband but I know she’s very good friends with Bill & Christa so… it’s not a surprise they cast her.

Comment by Tj – August 28, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oops “appeal” – should never blindly trust the iphone ;)

Comment by Tj – August 28, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t find a better picture of her? She looks like she’s in pain in that shot!

Comment by BigMike – August 28, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Tom going to be a regular for Season 4? Didn’t they say that if they got picked up for Season 4, that they’d promote him?

Comment by JDHetherington – August 28, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think that Tom needs a love interest at this point, but I guess it works. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out

Comment by Ram510 – August 28, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Barb to come back.

Comment by Mikael – August 29, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!! agreed, more Barb!

Comment by Will – August 29, 2012 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post