Fall TV Preview

Exclusive Video: Bones Gets a New Opening Title Sequence — Watch it Now!

An on-the-lam Brennan won’t be the only Bones fixture MIA when the show returns next month — the show’s signature opening will have vanished as well!

After several years of the same ol’ same ol’, the long-running Fox hit — which kicks off its eighth season on Monday, Sept. 17 — will debut a revamped title sequence featuring updated theme music by Crystal Method (who scored the original ditty) and several new shots (including one tiny character addition!).

VIDEO | First Bones Season 8 Promo — Brennan Goes Blonde!

“While we usually make changes and update the shots in the main title sequence, this is the first year we’ve updated the music,” notes exec producer Stephen Nathan. “Crystal Method did a brilliant job remixing their title song. It retains what we love, but is a fresh and current new take on what we expect.”

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an insta-critique!

Comments (212)

• love it.

Comment by Anita Smythers – August 28, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some idiot in marketing must have thought this was a good idea. They did this with White Collar a while back… and they had to stick their tail between their legs and go back to the old opening credits. It’ll happen again here.

Comment by Mike – August 28, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope so ’cause like I said the remix ick!

Comment by Sarah – August 28, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t really like it but it works

Comment by Rosie – August 28, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not like this new music! The graphics part doesn’t really bother me, but Bones was one of my favorite theme songs. It’s even my ringtone on my cell phone. I hope they fix this monstrosity soon. :(

Comment by Kristina Hammock (@kristinahammock) – August 28, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Music is absolutely awful.

Comment by Jen – August 28, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so ready or a change in the music. I wish it was a little more of a changed

Comment by Amelia – August 28, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sure am glad they kept the shot from the pilot that puts Emily’s breasts front and center. Has she ever shown that much cleavage at work since then? It seems so out of place for her character now.

Comment by David – August 28, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t particularly like the new changes, but whatever, it will be over fast enough.

OT, what is with the new title sequence for Grimm? The first thing I thought of when watching it was the first couple of season of Buffy – but even then Joss Whedon got rid of the whole “Into each generation …” narrative. The new Grimm narrative is terrible – didn’t need it for season 1, why is it there for season 2?

Comment by SLS – August 28, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s… okay. Feels like a poorly made fanvideo to me, though. I wish they’d kept the old music and just changed the character shots. I’m glad we have Booth/Brennan/Christine now!

Comment by AngelMoon Girl – August 28, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t mind it, it was just a slight tweak nothing really major.

Comment by Nicole – August 28, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The montage is fine. I felt like I was listening the music while suffering with a migraine. Ndo not like the sound. Definate FF through it

Comment by Elle – August 28, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate it. The changes in the cast images are fine, but the changes to the music are not.

Comment by Adam Argabright – August 28, 2012 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prefer the old music, but love the new video. And I love the flirtatious Brennan.

Comment by RM Robey (@Roxeyhr) – August 28, 2012 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the old theme as well, but the new one is still really cool! I just hope they change the cast montage as well for a complete revamp!!

Comment by BonesLover96 – August 29, 2012 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds like the Extreme Ghostbusters version of the Bones theme song. (Which is not a knock against EG, because holy crap was that show fun, but yeah.)

Comment by Summer – August 29, 2012 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new montage is cool, I HATE the theme remix. It sounds out of sync, somehow.

Comment by Eva – August 29, 2012 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not nearly as good as the original, which could bring me to the TV in a heartbeat. I give it 6 months, and they’ll revert.

Comment by Lynn – August 29, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new music is terrible.

Comment by Lily – August 29, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Change is usually good…I think changing the music to make it more techno kind of made it sound like a ringtone though- I probably won’t even remember the differences between the versions after a few episodes though. I think changing both the music and visuals is distracting tough, kind of overwhelming to the senses. If they changed one thing at a time it wouldn’t seem so discordant. Still watching though- no doubt about that.

Comment by Jenn – August 29, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not too impressed that I cannot view the new Bones opening sequence because I am not a resident of the USA. Many Bones fans live in other countries so these videos should be open for all to view.

Comment by Maureen – August 29, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will take me awhile to get used to the new song, but other than that its good. :)
    I can’t wait for the season premier

Comment by Elanna Meadows – August 29, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, love the cast (best of any show), why change the opening music??

Comment by Mitch – August 30, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could do better Photoshop than that! As for the music, I prefer the old theme.

Comment by Rania – August 30, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO! Yuck! What has happened to Bones?! 1. New music, sucky, too techno. The old was cool. Now it sounds like dying squirels! 2 What happened to being a crime show? It is too dramatic and not as crime like.

Comment by JeAnna – August 30, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there a way I can view this in Australia at all?? It says that I cannot watch it but I can watch other videos like the promo? Thanks

Comment by Tara-Jade Philips – August 31, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do not like the music. Try again.

Comment by Bonesmaniac – August 31, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, for me, there is not much difference. (By the way, I’m not from USA. And you should figure out what Proxy means.)

Comment by Luna – September 1, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t watch it…It’s really unfair to fans who don’t live in US,because we can’t watch anything…And in my country,show is stuck at season 5 ,and I can’t buy DVD anywhere,so I watch it online…

Comment by marijana – September 2, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodness that was awful music!! I adjusted my speakers thinking my kids had messed with them. It took me a minute to realize the music was that bad! And what is up with the weird pictures? They flash by like someone was in a huge hurry and they really weren’t updated. I hope the new seasons turns out better than the new opening!!

Comment by Hollie – September 3, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the music! Also love the show!

Comment by randi – September 4, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like the new music and the montage seems choppy. I have watched the show enough that hearing the music I automatically move to the beat of the song and now it is different. Won’t feel the same. Please don’t change it.

Comment by Willieb – September 4, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY? You have a faithful audience that has followed BONES through thick and thin. We swallowed WHOPPERS whole without flinching due to a superb cast of actors. The bodies are AMAZING – the medical information real. The writers can be so fantabulous that they have kept us glued to our TV sets even through an apparent “immaculate conception”. WHY? Now they change to mondays… We have grown to love & respect all of you… be kind to your viewers…pretty please??? :)

Comment by Ali,Sr. – September 5, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the “old” music mix better, but did enjoy the video portion.

Comment by BonesForever – September 6, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the new music!

Comment by c – September 8, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care if they play mary had a little lamb at the beginning. I’m there for the show, not the opening.

Comment by stacey – September 9, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should have more/different pictures, liked the old music better – but will still be watching.

Comment by Sue Petty – September 14, 2012 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like the new music. The old one was great. I wonder whose idea it was to remix it. Sometimes change is bad, and this is a great example. They should change it back.

Comment by jwritings – September 17, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • music changes – no. images- ok. show- YES.

Comment by grace – September 17, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATE NEW MUSIC!!! Never change a good thing.

Comment by Don – September 17, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they should get rid of the ‘what does that mean?’ at the end of each episode. when watching the dvd’s back-to-back, it gets really annoying.

Comment by Carie Saad – September 18, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they should not have changed a thing it was perfect the way it was

Comment by erin bost – September 22, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the original music better, they didn’t need to change a good thing.

Comment by Kristen – September 28, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is with the NARRATING!! Love Bones, but will stop watching if this continues!!

Comment by Cindy – October 8, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree with the lack of passion between Bones & Booth !! Wanted them to get together a bit, but now there is NO Mystery in the relationship ! Need to spark up their relationship some how ??? Also Still miss Zach ! Please bring him back. Can’t get excited about any of the others ! To BAD !

Comment by kay fearing – October 16, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should bring back the old theme song, please!! I’m glad they kept the closing credits the same. Like someone said – if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Comment by Meghan – October 17, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the new theme song mix. I used to rock out to the original version every week.

Comment by w0mbat – October 19, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bones is kick ass i hate how long it takes for fox 2 show

Comment by cmf – October 23, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HATE the new opening. When I heard it I was like “seriously?” PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD ONE!!!!!!!

Comment by Janette – October 27, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t care even if they change the music,as long as the original cast still remains!

Comment by Merlyn Jimenez Polinag – October 31, 2012 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • quisiera que en argentina los episodios fueeran con seguimiento de la historia
    la nueva temporada , aqui es rara quisiera continuidad

Comment by Elsa – November 13, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post