Exclusive Video: Bones Gets a New Opening Title Sequence — Watch it Now!

An on-the-lam Brennan won’t be the only Bones fixture MIA when the show returns next month — the show’s signature opening will have vanished as well!

After several years of the same ol’ same ol’, the long-running Fox hit — which kicks off its eighth season on Monday, Sept. 17 — will debut a revamped title sequence featuring updated theme music by Crystal Method (who scored the original ditty) and several new shots (including one tiny character addition!).

VIDEO | First Bones Season 8 Promo — Brennan Goes Blonde!

“While we usually make changes and update the shots in the main title sequence, this is the first year we’ve updated the music,” notes exec producer Stephen Nathan. “Crystal Method did a brilliant job remixing their title song. It retains what we love, but is a fresh and current new take on what we expect.”

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an insta-critique!

1. Mike says:

Some idiot in marketing must have thought this was a good idea. They did this with White Collar a while back… and they had to stick their tail between their legs and go back to the old opening credits. It’ll happen again here.

2. Rosie says:

I didn’t really like it but it works

3. I do not like this new music! The graphics part doesn’t really bother me, but Bones was one of my favorite theme songs. It’s even my ringtone on my cell phone. I hope they fix this monstrosity soon. :(

4. Jen says:

Music is absolutely awful.

5. Amelia says:

I was so ready or a change in the music. I wish it was a little more of a changed

6. David says:

I sure am glad they kept the shot from the pilot that puts Emily’s breasts front and center. Has she ever shown that much cleavage at work since then? It seems so out of place for her character now.

7. SLS says:

I don’t particularly like the new changes, but whatever, it will be over fast enough.

OT, what is with the new title sequence for Grimm? The first thing I thought of when watching it was the first couple of season of Buffy – but even then Joss Whedon got rid of the whole “Into each generation …” narrative. The new Grimm narrative is terrible – didn’t need it for season 1, why is it there for season 2?

8. AngelMoon Girl says:

It’s… okay. Feels like a poorly made fanvideo to me, though. I wish they’d kept the old music and just changed the character shots. I’m glad we have Booth/Brennan/Christine now!

9. Nicole says:

I didn’t mind it, it was just a slight tweak nothing really major.

10. Elle says:

The montage is fine. I felt like I was listening the music while suffering with a migraine. Ndo not like the sound. Definate FF through it

11. I hate it. The changes in the cast images are fine, but the changes to the music are not.

12. Prefer the old music, but love the new video. And I love the flirtatious Brennan.

13. BonesLover96 says:

I liked the old theme as well, but the new one is still really cool! I just hope they change the cast montage as well for a complete revamp!!

14. Summer says:

It sounds like the Extreme Ghostbusters version of the Bones theme song. (Which is not a knock against EG, because holy crap was that show fun, but yeah.)

15. Eva says:

The new montage is cool, I HATE the theme remix. It sounds out of sync, somehow.

16. Lynn says:

It’s not nearly as good as the original, which could bring me to the TV in a heartbeat. I give it 6 months, and they’ll revert.

17. Lily says:

The new music is terrible.

18. Jenn says:

Change is usually good…I think changing the music to make it more techno kind of made it sound like a ringtone though- I probably won’t even remember the differences between the versions after a few episodes though. I think changing both the music and visuals is distracting tough, kind of overwhelming to the senses. If they changed one thing at a time it wouldn’t seem so discordant. Still watching though- no doubt about that.

19. Maureen says:

Not too impressed that I cannot view the new Bones opening sequence because I am not a resident of the USA. Many Bones fans live in other countries so these videos should be open for all to view.

20. Elanna Meadows says:

It will take me awhile to get used to the new song, but other than that its good. :)
    I can’t wait for the season premier

21. Mitch says:

Love the show, love the cast (best of any show), why change the opening music??

22. Rania says:

I could do better Photoshop than that! As for the music, I prefer the old theme.

23. JeAnna says:

NO! Yuck! What has happened to Bones?! 1. New music, sucky, too techno. The old was cool. Now it sounds like dying squirels! 2 What happened to being a crime show? It is too dramatic and not as crime like.

24. Tara-Jade Philips says:

Is there a way I can view this in Australia at all?? It says that I cannot watch it but I can watch other videos like the promo? Thanks

25. Bonesmaniac says:

Do not like the music. Try again.

26. Luna says:

Well, for me, there is not much difference. (By the way, I’m not from USA. And you should figure out what Proxy means.)

27. marijana says:

Can’t watch it…It’s really unfair to fans who don’t live in US,because we can’t watch anything…And in my country,show is stuck at season 5 ,and I can’t buy DVD anywhere,so I watch it online…

28. Hollie says:

Goodness that was awful music!! I adjusted my speakers thinking my kids had messed with them. It took me a minute to realize the music was that bad! And what is up with the weird pictures? They flash by like someone was in a huge hurry and they really weren’t updated. I hope the new seasons turns out better than the new opening!!

29. randi says:

I love the music! Also love the show!

30. Willieb says:

Don’t like the new music and the montage seems choppy. I have watched the show enough that hearing the music I automatically move to the beat of the song and now it is different. Won’t feel the same. Please don’t change it.

31. Ali,Sr. says:

WHY? You have a faithful audience that has followed BONES through thick and thin. We swallowed WHOPPERS whole without flinching due to a superb cast of actors. The bodies are AMAZING – the medical information real. The writers can be so fantabulous that they have kept us glued to our TV sets even through an apparent “immaculate conception”. WHY? Now they change to mondays… We have grown to love & respect all of you… be kind to your viewers…pretty please??? :)

32. BonesForever says:

I liked the “old” music mix better, but did enjoy the video portion.

33. c says:

I love the new music!

34. stacey says:

I don’t care if they play mary had a little lamb at the beginning. I’m there for the show, not the opening.

35. Sue Petty says:

Should have more/different pictures, liked the old music better – but will still be watching.

36. jwritings says:

I don’t like the new music. The old one was great. I wonder whose idea it was to remix it. Sometimes change is bad, and this is a great example. They should change it back.

37. grace says:

music changes – no. images- ok. show- YES.

38. Don says:

HATE NEW MUSIC!!! Never change a good thing.

39. Carie Saad says:

they should get rid of the ‘what does that mean?’ at the end of each episode. when watching the dvd’s back-to-back, it gets really annoying.

40. erin bost says:

they should not have changed a thing it was perfect the way it was

41. Kristen says:

I liked the original music better, they didn’t need to change a good thing.

42. Cindy says:

What is with the NARRATING!! Love Bones, but will stop watching if this continues!!

43. kay fearing says:

I totally agree with the lack of passion between Bones & Booth !! Wanted them to get together a bit, but now there is NO Mystery in the relationship ! Need to spark up their relationship some how ??? Also Still miss Zach ! Please bring him back. Can’t get excited about any of the others ! To BAD !

44. Meghan says:

They should bring back the old theme song, please!! I’m glad they kept the closing credits the same. Like someone said – if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

45. w0mbat says:

I hate the new theme song mix. I used to rock out to the original version every week.

46. cmf says:

bones is kick ass i hate how long it takes for fox 2 show

47. Janette says:

I HATE the new opening. When I heard it I was like “seriously?” PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD ONE!!!!!!!

48. i don’t care even if they change the music,as long as the original cast still remains!

49. Elsa says:

quisiera que en argentina los episodios fueeran con seguimiento de la historia
    la nueva temporada , aqui es rara quisiera continuidad