Fall TV Preview

Exclusive Video: Bones Gets a New Opening Title Sequence — Watch it Now!

An on-the-lam Brennan won’t be the only Bones fixture MIA when the show returns next month — the show’s signature opening will have vanished as well!

After several years of the same ol’ same ol’, the long-running Fox hit — which kicks off its eighth season on Monday, Sept. 17 — will debut a revamped title sequence featuring updated theme music by Crystal Method (who scored the original ditty) and several new shots (including one tiny character addition!).

VIDEO | First Bones Season 8 Promo — Brennan Goes Blonde!

“While we usually make changes and update the shots in the main title sequence, this is the first year we’ve updated the music,” notes exec producer Stephen Nathan. “Crystal Method did a brilliant job remixing their title song. It retains what we love, but is a fresh and current new take on what we expect.”

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an insta-critique!

Comments (212)

• I don’t like the remix but I like the new photos.

Comment by Jacqi – August 28, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually love it. They kept those same opening notes that let you know it’s BONES and then drop that baseline that (for me) just makes me want to dance. I always love how they update the episode shots as well. For long-time fans, we see the progression and evolution of B&B while newbies will GET that this is a team made up of both “heart” and “brain” working to solve crimes with little more than, well – BONES to work with. :D Enjoy Season 8 everyone!!

Comment by ShaniJP – August 28, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION.

Comment by BigAdam – August 28, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My baby girl has been dancing to the original theme song ever since she could stand. She is 4 yrs old now and always looks forward to the beginning of the show. I let her listen to this one and she stopped dancing and told me to play the other one. I agree with her…the old one is better.

Comment by Samantha – August 28, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. This new remix is pretty terrible and I LIKE most of what Crystal Method has done. This, however, is bad, even for them. The technobeats are too prominent and jarring and it’s likely this new music will annoy most viewers. There was nothing wrong with the original music.. but the montage could have used updating.

Comment by Captiosus – August 28, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • would be better if they changed everything but the song i like the old song, the song has never changed unlike most shows that change it around every season, updated cast showings no prob but the song was better the way it was.

Comment by jason k – August 28, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From a musician’s perspective, they’ve done an excellent job attempting to soften it and remove the edge (though it seems counter-intuitive to have that goal). I personally think it is a bad move, it almost seems like an announcement that they’ve jumped the shark.

Comment by kj – August 28, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ever hear of a DVR folks???…………….just fast forward through it. Guess what, you can do that with commercials too if you use the DVR!!! I am willing to bet that is where this show will land now for many.
    On the DVR.

Comment by Dorothy – August 28, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the opening title music

Comment by Marsha – August 28, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the photo montage hae the new music

Comment by Sara – August 28, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds great! :-)

Comment by Trina – August 28, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like it at all! What “fix” something that wasn’t broken to begin with? That’s just dumb!

Comment by Stella – August 28, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it!!!

Comment by Paula Dukesherer – August 28, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to Techno!! If it’s not broken or disliked,don’t mess with it!!

Comment by jaj4moe – August 28, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first one was lame, and this is worse

Comment by alex – August 28, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it sounded so tinny it hurt my ears…maybe it was just my computer…change in montage is nice though.

Comment by Lynn Walker – August 28, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot view it, not nice Ausiello, your fans are not only from USA.

Comment by Nan – August 28, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a fan… I like the old one better!

Comment by Mallori – August 28, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It does sound like it’s missing something but, honestly, I think the opening credits are the least of this show’s worries right now. At least they have a real opener unlike some shows -cough-Bunheads-cough-.

Comment by Abby – August 28, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • has the sound been pitched up or something?? otherwise, sounds just as good to me.

Comment by cjeffery7 – August 28, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yuck! They didn’t need to change it. The original music is 10x better than this!

Comment by A – August 28, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad I got to view it here: now I can do my usual FFWD through it with a clear conscience! Thanks TVLINE!

Comment by John – August 28, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it. It was time for something new.

Comment by NatesMama – August 28, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Think it’s stupid to change a theme song that’s associated with a show for 7 years now.
    Not to mention they did a bad job, as the music doesn’t sound any more current, and the tune itself isn’t as strong.

I hope that this isn’t a bad sign for the rest of the season. Last season was problematic enough, and the show needs some serious improvement. Not a good sign that even the music is now worse. Yikes!

Comment by JonStewart4President – August 28, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it can’t wait for bones!

Comment by Maria – August 28, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It reminds me of a good but not great fan-vid. And the new music mix is clunky as best. Who approved this? Fire them.

Comment by Ky Johnson – August 28, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!!!!!!

Comment by BW – August 28, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the new, re-vamped theme. Wish it were longer!! The photos add something more to the intro as well.

Comment by Mary Keller – August 28, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back the old theme song..its much better!!!

Comment by angel – August 28, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love!

Comment by reen – August 28, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like the new photo montage…. Everyone thinks the theme music is different. The musc IS the SAME, it’s just more futuristic sounding but still has the same beat and basic sounds. The original theme music is faster, the theme music now is slower, jazzier and futuristic sounding. However the core music is the same if you just listen to it.

Comment by Phillip Petros – August 28, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, DRM fail. Outside of US only pirates get to hear the music. The rest of us have to wait until the new season starts (Canada) or the new season is released on disc. (Everywhere else since that usually happens before the new seasons come on tv). Way to let lawyers irritate your fans FOX!

Comment by FWCorey – August 28, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In the UK we usually get new season of Bones within a week or 2 or US. And we NEVER get DVDs released before an entire season has been shown on TV. That just doesn’t make sense – it’s all about the ratings, and who would watch a show weekly if they could just buy the DVD?

Comment by katy917 – August 28, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its a fresh take but unfortunately they kinda took away the part which our family loved the most.

Comment by Cheng – August 28, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first reaction was “oh I don’t like this” but then I thought it would probably grow on me over time.

Comment by Millie – August 28, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it!

Comment by Luis – August 28, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh it’s freaking awful! It sounds tacky, like they took a step back into the past. Were they trying to aim for an Angel style opening credits? Because that crappy pieced together photo montage is an absolute disaster. If I didn’t know better, I swear the producers are making me quit the show on purpose.

Comment by Georgina – August 28, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its okay. not great though.

Comment by jamela – August 28, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never have liked the theme music. That’s the only thing about this show that I don’t like (except Daisy!). This remix is slightly less irritating than the old version. Either way, I’ll be skipping that part on my DVR.

Comment by Jennifer Gibbs – August 28, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Irgh! Horrible music, have to agree with the others.. why change a good thing?!

Comment by Juli – August 28, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK – I’m OLD (and probably tone deaf), but I can STILL hum the theme song to M*A*S*H (1972-83) – I don’t think they ever changed that song. Why change a “theme song” – are you planning to change the “theme” too? I enjoy watching Bones and will continue to do so no matter how it is introduced – just don’t expect me to be able to hum the theme song.

Comment by Jane – August 28, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, not the best sounding thing in the world, I liked to old better.

Comment by Orchid – August 28, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why change something that doesn’t need changing…”Bones” stands alone in on itself..you don’t mess with perfection…still one of the best series every to hit tv…thanks

Comment by ray mccann – August 28, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The montage is great. Don’t care for the music change. That being said, seriously excited for the new season!

Comment by Casey – August 28, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The clips are way to fast and the music is twangy, I liked the old music mix, and new clips are fine but way to fast slow it down a bit

Comment by Pam – August 28, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the montage. The remix…ick.

Comment by Sarah – August 28, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not crazy about the new music – I agree with some of the other comments that it’s a bit too techy

Comment by Kendra – August 28, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The music sucks and the opening sequence looks like a badly-edited high school media project. Ugh.

Comment by Kat – August 28, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefer the old version. This new mix has some irritating high pitches that aren’t kind to the ear drums. Thank goodness my TV remote has a mute button… Why didn’t they keep the music and just change the images?

Comment by Trish – August 28, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To me the music doesn’t matter too much, I am just very thankful they are coming back, been so worried about them ending the show….I cannot wait for the new season

Comment by Sheila – August 28, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God it’s horrible!! Thank God I stopped watching Bones when I did. Everything is turning to crap now including the main title credits!!!=-(

Comment by Marie More (@sweeteepie4ever) – August 28, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post