Exclusive Video: Bones Gets a New Opening Title Sequence — Watch it Now!

An on-the-lam Brennan won’t be the only Bones fixture MIA when the show returns next month — the show’s signature opening will have vanished as well!

After several years of the same ol’ same ol’, the long-running Fox hit — which kicks off its eighth season on Monday, Sept. 17 — will debut a revamped title sequence featuring updated theme music by Crystal Method (who scored the original ditty) and several new shots (including one tiny character addition!).

VIDEO | First Bones Season 8 Promo — Brennan Goes Blonde!

“While we usually make changes and update the shots in the main title sequence, this is the first year we’ve updated the music,” notes exec producer Stephen Nathan. “Crystal Method did a brilliant job remixing their title song. It retains what we love, but is a fresh and current new take on what we expect.”

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an insta-critique!

1. Jacqi says:

I don’t like the remix but I like the new photos.

2. ShaniJP says:

I actually love it. They kept those same opening notes that let you know it’s BONES and then drop that baseline that (for me) just makes me want to dance. I always love how they update the episode shots as well. For long-time fans, we see the progression and evolution of B&B while newbies will GET that this is a team made up of both “heart” and “brain” working to solve crimes with little more than, well – BONES to work with. :D Enjoy Season 8 everyone!!

3. BigAdam says:

THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION.

4. Samantha says:

My baby girl has been dancing to the original theme song ever since she could stand. She is 4 yrs old now and always looks forward to the beginning of the show. I let her listen to this one and she stopped dancing and told me to play the other one. I agree with her…the old one is better.

5. Captiosus says:

Wow. This new remix is pretty terrible and I LIKE most of what Crystal Method has done. This, however, is bad, even for them. The technobeats are too prominent and jarring and it’s likely this new music will annoy most viewers. There was nothing wrong with the original music.. but the montage could have used updating.

6. jason k says:

would be better if they changed everything but the song i like the old song, the song has never changed unlike most shows that change it around every season, updated cast showings no prob but the song was better the way it was.

7. kj says:

From a musician’s perspective, they’ve done an excellent job attempting to soften it and remove the edge (though it seems counter-intuitive to have that goal). I personally think it is a bad move, it almost seems like an announcement that they’ve jumped the shark.

8. Dorothy says:

Ever hear of a DVR folks???…………….just fast forward through it. Guess what, you can do that with commercials too if you use the DVR!!! I am willing to bet that is where this show will land now for many.
    On the DVR.

9. Marsha says:

I like the opening title music

10. Sara says:

Love the photo montage hae the new music

11. Trina says:

Sounds great! :-)

12. Stella says:

I don’t like it at all! What “fix” something that wasn’t broken to begin with? That’s just dumb!

13. jaj4moe says:

Way to Techno!! If it’s not broken or disliked,don’t mess with it!!

14. alex says:

The first one was lame, and this is worse

15. Lynn Walker says:

it sounded so tinny it hurt my ears…maybe it was just my computer…change in montage is nice though.

16. Nan says:

Cannot view it, not nice Ausiello, your fans are not only from USA.

17. Mallori says:

I’m not a fan… I like the old one better!

18. Abby says:

It does sound like it’s missing something but, honestly, I think the opening credits are the least of this show’s worries right now. At least they have a real opener unlike some shows -cough-Bunheads-cough-.

19. cjeffery7 says:

has the sound been pitched up or something?? otherwise, sounds just as good to me.

20. A says:

Yuck! They didn’t need to change it. The original music is 10x better than this!

21. John says:

Glad I got to view it here: now I can do my usual FFWD through it with a clear conscience! Thanks TVLINE!

22. NatesMama says:

I love it. It was time for something new.

23. JonStewart4President says:

Think it’s stupid to change a theme song that’s associated with a show for 7 years now.
    Not to mention they did a bad job, as the music doesn’t sound any more current, and the tune itself isn’t as strong.

I hope that this isn’t a bad sign for the rest of the season. Last season was problematic enough, and the show needs some serious improvement. Not a good sign that even the music is now worse. Yikes!

24. Maria says:

Love it can’t wait for bones!

25. Ky Johnson says:

It reminds me of a good but not great fan-vid. And the new music mix is clunky as best. Who approved this? Fire them.

26. BW says:

Love it!!!!!!

27. Mary Keller says:

I like the new, re-vamped theme. Wish it were longer!! The photos add something more to the intro as well.

28. angel says:

Bring back the old theme song..its much better!!!

29. Phillip Petros says:

I really like the new photo montage…. Everyone thinks the theme music is different. The musc IS the SAME, it’s just more futuristic sounding but still has the same beat and basic sounds. The original theme music is faster, the theme music now is slower, jazzier and futuristic sounding. However the core music is the same if you just listen to it.

30. FWCorey says:

Wow, DRM fail. Outside of US only pirates get to hear the music. The rest of us have to wait until the new season starts (Canada) or the new season is released on disc. (Everywhere else since that usually happens before the new seasons come on tv). Way to let lawyers irritate your fans FOX!

• katy917 says:

In the UK we usually get new season of Bones within a week or 2 or US. And we NEVER get DVDs released before an entire season has been shown on TV. That just doesn’t make sense – it’s all about the ratings, and who would watch a show weekly if they could just buy the DVD?

31. Cheng says:

Its a fresh take but unfortunately they kinda took away the part which our family loved the most.

32. Millie says:

My first reaction was “oh I don’t like this” but then I thought it would probably grow on me over time.

33. Luis says:

I like it!

34. Georgina says:

Ugh it’s freaking awful! It sounds tacky, like they took a step back into the past. Were they trying to aim for an Angel style opening credits? Because that crappy pieced together photo montage is an absolute disaster. If I didn’t know better, I swear the producers are making me quit the show on purpose.

35. jamela says:

its okay. not great though.

36. I never have liked the theme music. That’s the only thing about this show that I don’t like (except Daisy!). This remix is slightly less irritating than the old version. Either way, I’ll be skipping that part on my DVR.

37. Juli says:

Irgh! Horrible music, have to agree with the others.. why change a good thing?!

38. Jane says:

OK – I’m OLD (and probably tone deaf), but I can STILL hum the theme song to M*A*S*H (1972-83) – I don’t think they ever changed that song. Why change a “theme song” – are you planning to change the “theme” too? I enjoy watching Bones and will continue to do so no matter how it is introduced – just don’t expect me to be able to hum the theme song.

39. Orchid says:

Ugh, not the best sounding thing in the world, I liked to old better.

40. ray mccann says:

why change something that doesn’t need changing…”Bones” stands alone in on itself..you don’t mess with perfection…still one of the best series every to hit tv…thanks

41. Casey says:

The montage is great. Don’t care for the music change. That being said, seriously excited for the new season!

42. Pam says:

The clips are way to fast and the music is twangy, I liked the old music mix, and new clips are fine but way to fast slow it down a bit

43. Sarah says:

I like the montage. The remix…ick.

44. Kendra says:

Not crazy about the new music – I agree with some of the other comments that it’s a bit too techy

45. Kat says:

The music sucks and the opening sequence looks like a badly-edited high school media project. Ugh.

46. Trish says:

I prefer the old version. This new mix has some irritating high pitches that aren’t kind to the ear drums. Thank goodness my TV remote has a mute button… Why didn’t they keep the music and just change the images?

47. Sheila says:

To me the music doesn’t matter too much, I am just very thankful they are coming back, been so worried about them ending the show….I cannot wait for the new season

48. God it’s horrible!! Thank God I stopped watching Bones when I did. Everything is turning to crap now including the main title credits!!!=-(