Fall TV Preview

Exclusive Video: Bones Gets a New Opening Title Sequence — Watch it Now!

An on-the-lam Brennan won’t be the only Bones fixture MIA when the show returns next month — the show’s signature opening will have vanished as well!

After several years of the same ol’ same ol’, the long-running Fox hit — which kicks off its eighth season on Monday, Sept. 17 — will debut a revamped title sequence featuring updated theme music by Crystal Method (who scored the original ditty) and several new shots (including one tiny character addition!).

VIDEO | First Bones Season 8 Promo — Brennan Goes Blonde!

“While we usually make changes and update the shots in the main title sequence, this is the first year we’ve updated the music,” notes exec producer Stephen Nathan. “Crystal Method did a brilliant job remixing their title song. It retains what we love, but is a fresh and current new take on what we expect.”

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an insta-critique!

Comments (212)

• I don’t care for how they changed the music

Comment by Lynn – August 28, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me either, I think they should have kept the music and just changed the montage of the cast.

Comment by Hyde – August 28, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agreed. Same music, changed montage of cast would have been better. Why change a good thing.

Comment by Carmen – August 28, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree with you….don’t like the music change and wish they had more up to date montage of the cast….

Comment by Judy emmett – August 28, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The original song sounded so good through my speakers. The new one… where did that amazing bass go! I can’t bob my head anymore to this flat-sounding track.

Comment by Ebby – September 29, 2012 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t like it at all. Why change a good thing. The new music is too ‘techy’ – - should have just updated the pictures & kept the same music. I’m going to have to “mute” the title sequence if I’m going to watch the show. MUSIC SUCKS !!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lisa K – August 28, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love it. Will be watching.

Comment by Diana McCoy – August 28, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t like the new re-mix and should have used newer scenes, don’t fix it if it ain’t broke!

Comment by Leann – August 28, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto…. Do NOT like the music change. It sucks. Montage change alone would have been fine.

Comment by Kat – August 28, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right, doesn’t do it for me either. Sorta zig zaggy filming too which is even more annoying.
      Hope full piece isn’t any longer than teaser! Bad enough they had to throw a kid into package.
      Heck I’ll still watch just for the writing, mystery.

Comment by beergas – August 31, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t like how they changed the music either.

Comment by M – September 6, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Liked the old music much better. It was kind of exciting because it set you in the mood for ‘Bones’.
      The new stuff is too tinkly, without the original boom, boom, statement!

Comment by Sharon – September 14, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Do not like the new music either. Want the old music back!! Someone please listen to the fans.

Comment by rita – September 26, 2012 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Change the song back, it was SO much better before. My husband and I loved the old song and we both really dislike this new one.

Comment by Malie – November 13, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I don’t like the change either.

Comment by Tonya – March 2, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

That’s just racist, Ausiello =P

Comment by Mari – August 28, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im disappointed too :(

Comment by sita – August 28, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And me! That’s unfair.

Comment by Raquel – August 28, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes!! Racist!!! We cannot wach it!! so sad!

Comment by Ruth – August 28, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • how exactly is this racist? us people of colour can watch it while pale european bluebloods cannot. some new form of racism, huh?

Comment by euriana – August 28, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • wow, somebody doesnt know anything about racism….

Comment by loki – August 28, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s called they were joking *smh*

Comment by Lynn – August 29, 2012 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yeah, stupid americans…

Comment by euriana – August 29, 2012 03:56 PM PDT
    • Can somebody give us a link to this video on YouTube?

Comment by Silvia – August 28, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it’s not there yet, I hope someone uploads it soon though.

Comment by Raquel – August 28, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could someone please post it so that international fans can see it too! I am dying to see it!!

Comment by Krista – August 28, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is how racist people work

Comment by Kata – August 28, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Folks, it’s just the fact that the video is provided by FOX and its publication is only allowed on the condition that the geo-filter is in place. TVLine has nothing to do with it, and of course can’t just upload it on Youtube to circumvent that fact. That would be in breach of the agreement for the use of the video, not to mention illegal copyright infringement.

There’s really no need to call anyone racists, here. It’s just a license agreement.

Comment by Lambsilencer – August 28, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Begone, you, with your rational thoughts!

Comment by tripoli – August 28, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no worries…its only a thread here…hoping that at some point someone posts a link to the said video on youtube. we do grasp all of your copyright mumbojumbo, but we are not amused.

Comment by loki – August 28, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i saw that line too. you’re right thats so racist

Comment by Zeynep – August 28, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You aren’t missing anything here other than complete FAIL. No worries.

Comment by daviduter – August 28, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They do this with almost every Bones clip – same issue with all the spoilers they put on last year, too!! Apparantly Fox don’t care for their international viewers, even though we do also contribute to their revenue, even if it is small amounts. Still buy the DVDs. Pay for satelite tv – the only way to watch Bones in the UK – and that then goes towards what Sky Living pay Fox for showing Bones over here!! It’s so annoying to loyal fans who have watched the show since day one in other countries! I even followed when they changed the time, day and chanel!

Comment by katy917 – August 28, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Here we just download everything off the internet since Fox Brazil DUBS the darned thing. Fox is seriously the lamest network of them all. We’re paying very expensively for their shows, and they cheat us of the original audio? Pretty much everyone just gets it illegally — as a form of boycott.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – August 28, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • In the rest of South America FX also dubs it, but you can switch to english by setting your TV to SAP instead of stereo or mono. No subtitles though.

Comment by Deedee – August 28, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • amen to that katy !! hx.

Comment by sexywifey – August 30, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • download spotflux to hide your IP adress and I promise you it will work

Comment by minna – August 29, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!!! This is bloody discrimination!!!

Comment by Сибин Майналовски – August 29, 2012 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s an American show. Clips should be reserved for Americans only. You other countries keep your own programs, too.

Comment by Alex – August 31, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Use Hotspot shield, Problem Solved?

Comment by Abiyyu – September 8, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am disappointed in the new theme music and the blending of the new clips. But I guess what they give us we are going to have to take.

Comment by Cassie – August 28, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t available in Australia!

Comment by Kristy – August 28, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But but…. there was nothing wrong with the old music. :( I really could care less for the visuals but the remix of that song hurt my ears. Literally, I had my headphones in when I listened to it. Lol.

Comment by Alex – August 28, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DITTO !!! The music hurts my ears…even without headphones. :( ??????

Comment by Ali,Sr. – September 5, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow did they hire a 12 year old to do the blending? Terrible job and the music….very disappointing.

Comment by Vicki – August 28, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1 They hired an unqualified person. I’ve seen some fanvids made by 14 year olds that are better than this. Music’s horrible and the quality is poor.

Comment by Jenny – August 28, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Crystal Method did a brilliant job remixing their title song..” Don’t like it if you want, but get your facts right.

Comment by suzi – August 28, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the images, but I’m not too crazy about the music.

Comment by Staci – August 28, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!

Comment by Alanna – August 28, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you, Alanna! I love it too!!!!

Comment by Lola – August 30, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t Tv Line post videos on You Tube, like all the good kids? Now I’ll have to wait for some good soul to take pity of us and upload somewhere else…

Comment by Priscila Custodio – August 28, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION. — I live in Canada not Narnia!!! C`mon!!

Comment by Carlie – August 28, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t view it :( Changing the music makes me nervous, the previous track was very distinctive.

Comment by Sophia7470 – August 28, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow you guys, bitter much?… What does it matter what the music is like or the blending or what screenshots they use? … I watch for guess what? The episode: drama and story! Geesh

Comment by Jen – August 28, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because this article is specifically about the opening and the last line says “hit the comments with an insta-critique!”

Comment by Deena – August 28, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jen! What business do you have being a *voice of reason* in a sea of hate over the ep opening sequence?! :D ….LMAO. I totally agree. What the frak does it matter? It’s not what makes or breaks an episode.

Comment by Ann – August 28, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dear Bones fans take a freaking chill pill. Srly build a bridge. Get over it. It is just the opening title not the end of the Bones world as we know it.

Comment by GiantLittleMe – August 28, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. The credits will take up a whole 40 seconds of your total viewing time, so why care this much? Do I like the old music better? Sure. Do I hate the remix? Not really. It doesn’t really matter to me, honestly. It’s still going to be Bones, regardless of opening montages.

Comment by Blair – August 28, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I live in the UK and can’t see the new credits – and I do think FOX need to rethink this geo-filter thingy that prevents certain clips from airing outside the US – but I also could care less what the titles are. They can do what they want with the titles. I just want BONES back!!!

Comment by Jenifer Strang – August 28, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booooo. The theme music was awesome the way it was. Why does it have to change just because it has been there a long time? Ridiculous. And I can understand updating the pictures in the opening but some of it looks like credits from a bad syfy movie.

Comment by Deena – August 28, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do. Not. Like.

Comment by Shane – August 28, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a title sequence…that is all

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – August 28, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never liked the original opening. I always fast forward through it.

Comment by Candice – August 28, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I never liked the bad photoshopping of blobs with people’s faces in in the old opening anyway… but I have nothing to compare it to as am in the UK and can’t watch yet LOL!

Comment by TT – August 28, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Video good, audio bad.

Comment by BonesFan – August 28, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a fan of the change, but at least it’s not as horrible as Grimm’s new opening. I wish it got a less techno rather than a more techno edge. Still don’t like how they changed the opening titles last season, with secondary cast on top of the skeleton. I preferred the original side-by-side action clips. At least this year they don’t have Cam making the same expression in all of her shots.

The one thing I really love about these new credits? The addition of Brennan’s wink!

Comment by Katie Hart (@waterfallbooks) – August 28, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE IT!

Comment by Kelly – August 28, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate that your video can’t be viewed on an iPad

Comment by Iseault2 – August 28, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blame Apple. They are the one that didn’t allow flash on iOS devices.

Comment by Nesretep – August 28, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a huge fan of the music change. I liked it the way it was before, but the new montage is nice.

Comment by Truly Roxie – August 28, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it. The only thing I would change is Emily’s wink–it looks a little forced.

Comment by Melanie Valentine – August 28, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the music is gonna take some getting used to but the credits are nice if ony slightly fast
    but at least we get an actual theme & opening & not just a banner

Comment by Michael Lee Kirk – August 28, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So… I need to see this but can’t. Day NOT made.

Comment by NNataliee – August 28, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It lacks the punch the previous version had. It is not running on all cylinders.

Comment by scmathisen – August 28, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Calle Löfgren – August 28, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Comment by Dave. – August 28, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, surprised at so many negative comments. I love it.

Comment by Rita – August 28, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds almost exactly the same to me…

Comment by george – August 28, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s just the opening sequence. At least the theme song and cast haven’t been replaced. Now THAT would be something to bitch about!

Comment by Grenda – August 28, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds good. Nearly the same with slight changes.

Comment by Jon – August 28, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not bad. The music’s gonna take some getting used to, though….

Comment by Marlise McDaniel – August 28, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah don’t care for the music very much:( Love the Brennan wink though!

Comment by Sarah C – August 28, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like the new version of the music as well as the original (loved it). Sorry. The montage is okay, but I really like to see the characters long enough to actually “see” them. Loved Brennan’s wink too!

Comment by Lorraine Boyd – August 28, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t care for the new music. If it broke don’t fix it.

Comment by Linda – August 28, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it. But I just fast forward through the opening anyway since I DVR all my favorite shows!

Comment by Sierra – August 28, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I meant to say “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

Comment by Linda – August 28, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF I can’t watch the video that’s not fair I live in Mexico just next to you guys!!!!

Comment by ale – August 28, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE the new montage: prefer theold theme music, but it is still good.

Comment by Marian – August 28, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not impressed, but then I’m one of the few who was disappointed in last season. Used to be appointment TV for me, but no more.

Comment by emmalinesadie – August 28, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of all the things on Bones that use improving, the title sequence was not one of them. Seems silly to change it in S8, but whatev’s.

Comment by Rachel – August 28, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that *could* use improving, that is

Comment by Rachel – August 28, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry. I don’t care for the re-vamp of the music. I like the rest though.

Comment by Lisa – August 28, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it! Im a big big fan of bones, and i love the old music, but the new music is also good. The new season will be different in lots of ways and bringing in a new theme thats edgy is perfect. Cant wait for the new season to start, im already bitting my fingernails with excitment!

Comment by luke – August 28, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Comment by SoFla – August 28, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like the more “grit” in the music. Does that project the way the show is going?? More dark and spooky…..but still fun and enjoyable?? September can’t come fast enough for me!!! Great job to all!!!

Comment by Laura – August 28, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh. Liked the old music. Will fast foward through this music. Don’t like it much.

Comment by Runa – August 28, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it turned out alright. The music and pictures could’ve been combined better though. I like the music though. I’m now tempted to go listen too Crystal Method in fact.

Comment by Rianne – August 28, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it…glad they updated it :o)

Comment by char – August 28, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the change in photography…. I can live with the change in the music, but I prefer the old version. This new mix has some irritating high pitches that aren’t kind to the ear drums. Thank goodness my TV remote has a mute button…

Comment by Meg – August 28, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AND….Since I watch Bones for the storyline and not the opening montage, it doesn’t really matter that its been changed…

Comment by megan1958 – August 28, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it better before, why change a good thing?!

Comment by Natalie – August 28, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree totally – why did they change the theme song after all these years? It’s just not as “cool” as before. And why have they removed all “passion” from the relationship between Temperance and Booth? They have no chemistry now. It’s boring!!!

Comment by Susan – October 3, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post