Exclusive Video: Bones Gets a New Opening Title Sequence — Watch it Now!

An on-the-lam Brennan won’t be the only Bones fixture MIA when the show returns next month — the show’s signature opening will have vanished as well!

After several years of the same ol’ same ol’, the long-running Fox hit — which kicks off its eighth season on Monday, Sept. 17 — will debut a revamped title sequence featuring updated theme music by Crystal Method (who scored the original ditty) and several new shots (including one tiny character addition!).

VIDEO | First Bones Season 8 Promo — Brennan Goes Blonde!

“While we usually make changes and update the shots in the main title sequence, this is the first year we’ve updated the music,” notes exec producer Stephen Nathan. “Crystal Method did a brilliant job remixing their title song. It retains what we love, but is a fresh and current new take on what we expect.”

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an insta-critique!

1. Lynn says:

I don’t care for how they changed the music

2. Mari says:

That’s just racist, Ausiello =P

3. Cassie says:

I am disappointed in the new theme music and the blending of the new clips. But I guess what they give us we are going to have to take.

4. Kristy says:

Isn’t available in Australia!

5. Alex says:

But but…. there was nothing wrong with the old music. :( I really could care less for the visuals but the remix of that song hurt my ears. Literally, I had my headphones in when I listened to it. Lol.

6. Vicki says:

Wow did they hire a 12 year old to do the blending? Terrible job and the music….very disappointing.

• Jenny says:

+1 They hired an unqualified person. I’ve seen some fanvids made by 14 year olds that are better than this. Music’s horrible and the quality is poor.

• suzi says:

“Crystal Method did a brilliant job remixing their title song..” Don’t like it if you want, but get your facts right.

7. Staci says:

I like the images, but I’m not too crazy about the music.

8. Alanna says:

Love it!

9. Why can’t Tv Line post videos on You Tube, like all the good kids? Now I’ll have to wait for some good soul to take pity of us and upload somewhere else…

10. Carlie says:

THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION. — I live in Canada not Narnia!!! C`mon!!

11. Sophia7470 says:

Can’t view it :( Changing the music makes me nervous, the previous track was very distinctive.

12. Jen says:

Wow you guys, bitter much?… What does it matter what the music is like or the blending or what screenshots they use? … I watch for guess what? The episode: drama and story! Geesh

• Deena says:

Because this article is specifically about the opening and the last line says “hit the comments with an insta-critique!”

• Ann says:

Jen! What business do you have being a *voice of reason* in a sea of hate over the ep opening sequence?! :D ….LMAO. I totally agree. What the frak does it matter? It’s not what makes or breaks an episode.

• GiantLittleMe says:

Dear Bones fans take a freaking chill pill. Srly build a bridge. Get over it. It is just the opening title not the end of the Bones world as we know it.

• Blair says:

Agreed. The credits will take up a whole 40 seconds of your total viewing time, so why care this much? Do I like the old music better? Sure. Do I hate the remix? Not really. It doesn’t really matter to me, honestly. It’s still going to be Bones, regardless of opening montages.

• Jenifer Strang says:

I live in the UK and can’t see the new credits – and I do think FOX need to rethink this geo-filter thingy that prevents certain clips from airing outside the US – but I also could care less what the titles are. They can do what they want with the titles. I just want BONES back!!!

13. Deena says:

Booooo. The theme music was awesome the way it was. Why does it have to change just because it has been there a long time? Ridiculous. And I can understand updating the pictures in the opening but some of it looks like credits from a bad syfy movie.

14. Shane says:

Do. Not. Like.

15. madbengalsfan85 says:

It’s a title sequence…that is all

16. Candice says:

I never liked the original opening. I always fast forward through it.

• TT says:

I never liked the bad photoshopping of blobs with people’s faces in in the old opening anyway… but I have nothing to compare it to as am in the UK and can’t watch yet LOL!

17. BonesFan says:

Video good, audio bad.

18. Not a fan of the change, but at least it’s not as horrible as Grimm’s new opening. I wish it got a less techno rather than a more techno edge. Still don’t like how they changed the opening titles last season, with secondary cast on top of the skeleton. I preferred the original side-by-side action clips. At least this year they don’t have Cam making the same expression in all of her shots.

The one thing I really love about these new credits? The addition of Brennan’s wink!

19. Kelly says:

LOVE IT!

20. Iseault2 says:

Hate that your video can’t be viewed on an iPad

21. Truly Roxie says:

I’m not a huge fan of the music change. I liked it the way it was before, but the new montage is nice.

22. Melanie Valentine says:

I like it. The only thing I would change is Emily’s wink–it looks a little forced.

23. the music is gonna take some getting used to but the credits are nice if ony slightly fast
    but at least we get an actual theme & opening & not just a banner

24. NNataliee says:

So… I need to see this but can’t. Day NOT made.

25. scmathisen says:

It lacks the punch the previous version had. It is not running on all cylinders.

26. THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION.

27. Dave. says:

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

28. Rita says:

Wow, surprised at so many negative comments. I love it.

29. george says:

It sounds almost exactly the same to me…

30. Grenda says:

It’s just the opening sequence. At least the theme song and cast haven’t been replaced. Now THAT would be something to bitch about!

31. Jon says:

Sounds good. Nearly the same with slight changes.

32. It’s not bad. The music’s gonna take some getting used to, though….

33. Sarah C says:

Yeah don’t care for the music very much:( Love the Brennan wink though!

34. Lorraine Boyd says:

I don’t like the new version of the music as well as the original (loved it). Sorry. The montage is okay, but I really like to see the characters long enough to actually “see” them. Loved Brennan’s wink too!

35. Linda says:

I really don’t care for the new music. If it broke don’t fix it.

36. Sierra says:

I liked it. But I just fast forward through the opening anyway since I DVR all my favorite shows!

37. Linda says:

I meant to say “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

38. ale says:

WTF I can’t watch the video that’s not fair I live in Mexico just next to you guys!!!!

39. Marian says:

LOVE the new montage: prefer theold theme music, but it is still good.

40. emmalinesadie says:

Not impressed, but then I’m one of the few who was disappointed in last season. Used to be appointment TV for me, but no more.

41. Rachel says:

Of all the things on Bones that use improving, the title sequence was not one of them. Seems silly to change it in S8, but whatev’s.

42. Lisa says:

Sorry. I don’t care for the re-vamp of the music. I like the rest though.

43. luke says:

I love it! Im a big big fan of bones, and i love the old music, but the new music is also good. The new season will be different in lots of ways and bringing in a new theme thats edgy is perfect. Cant wait for the new season to start, im already bitting my fingernails with excitment!

44. SoFla says:

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

45. Laura says:

Sounds like the more “grit” in the music. Does that project the way the show is going?? More dark and spooky…..but still fun and enjoyable?? September can’t come fast enough for me!!! Great job to all!!!

46. Runa says:

Meh. Liked the old music. Will fast foward through this music. Don’t like it much.

47. Rianne says:

I think it turned out alright. The music and pictures could’ve been combined better though. I like the music though. I’m now tempted to go listen too Crystal Method in fact.

48. char says:

I love it…glad they updated it :o)

49. Meg says:

I like the change in photography…. I can live with the change in the music, but I prefer the old version. This new mix has some irritating high pitches that aren’t kind to the ear drums. Thank goodness my TV remote has a mute button…

• megan1958 says:

AND….Since I watch Bones for the storyline and not the opening montage, it doesn’t really matter that its been changed…

50. Natalie says:

I liked it better before, why change a good thing?!

• Susan says:

I agree totally – why did they change the theme song after all these years? It’s just not as “cool” as before. And why have they removed all “passion” from the relationship between Temperance and Booth? They have no chemistry now. It’s boring!!!