The Office: We've Picked Our 25 Favorite Dunder Mifflin Moments — What Are Yours?

The recent announcement that The Office will close up shop next year had us clutching our Dwight bobbleheads close and reminiscing about the NBC sitcom’s last eight seasons.

The paper company’s misfit employees have gotten themselves into so many romances, jams, zipline accidents and bat attacks over the years, it’d be nearly impossible to pick the best scenes.

But we did it anyway.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Office Boss Touts a Stronger Andy, Kelly’s Parting ‘Gift,’ a Wedding and More!

Here, in no particular order, are our 25 favorite moments from the The Office’s first eight years. No, every character isn’t represented. Yes, there’s a whole lot of Jim and Pam. Yes, we interpreted “moment” rather loosely. And yes, we fully expect you to have your own suggestions for the list – that’s why we love you like Meredith loves happy hour.

So once you’ve clicked through the photos below, hit the comments hard and often. (That’s what she said.)

Tags: ,

Comments (177)

• So many great episodes but my favorite is The Fun Run. Mike hits Meredith with his car and Dwight kills Angela’s Cat. Great episode!

Comment by daniel sapata – August 30, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best line is Michael inquiring to David Wallace if he can fire Toby. David says “not without cause’,to which Michael replies “how ’bout cause I hate him”.
    My favorite scene is Jim & Dwight go on sales call together. Dwight gets in driver side back seat . He claims it is safest place because the driver will protect himself. Jim backs out of parking space & slams on brakes, smashing Dwight’s face into his headrest.

Comment by Eddie440 – August 30, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favourite moment has got to be when michael says he’s retiring from comedy, and Jim asks if that includes “that’s what she said?”

“wow, that is really hard. Do you think you can go all day long? Well, you always kept me satisfied and smiling.”

*long pause*

“THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!”

And then Micheal tops off the moment by blowing a kiss to the office.

So great.

Comment by Carolyn – August 30, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • some of my favs (not listedt):
    - andy pinning dwight with his prius
    - jim changing the ring tone on andy’s phone to “rockin robin”
    - pam’s summer project for art school where she makes a ASCII dwight

Comment by g – August 30, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHERE IS FAKE STANLEY?!!?

Comment by Jesus – September 1, 2012 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Injury is the best episode. So much brilliance. Michael cooking his foot, Dwight’s concussion, the whole things was just perfect. Love it!

Comment by Liz – September 4, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This scene from Booze Cruise tells you everything you need to know about Jim and Michael.:

Jim Halpert: To tell you the truth, I used to have a big thing for pam. So..
    Michael Scott: Really. You’re kidding me. You and Pam? Wow. I would have never put you two together.. did you really.. you really hid it well. God. I usually have a radar for stuff like that. [sighs] You know I made out with Jan.
    Jim Halpert: Yeah. I know.
    Michael Scott: Yeah. Yeah. Well, Pam is cute.
    Jim Halpert: Yeah… she’s really funny. She’s warm… and she’s just… yeah.
    Michael Scott: Well, if you like her so much, don’t give up.
    Jim Halpert: She’s engaged.
    Michael Scott: Pift. BFD. Engaged aint married.
    Jim Halpert: Huh.
    Michael Scott: Never, ever, ever give up.

Comment by Amy – September 6, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if these have been mentioned because there are just so many to read, but one of my favorite funny ones, that I haven’t seen so far on the comments, is when Jim and Pam realized they switched the babies up. And one of my favorite touching moments was when Jim couldn’t talk because Pam jinxed him and as she was teasing him realized what he really wanted to say.

Comment by Crystal – September 11, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You say you have a lot of Jim/Pam, and yet you don’t have their wedding on the boat on the list?

Comment by Wesley – September 25, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about “Hardcore Parkour?” Seriously, I will never forget that!!! :)))

Comment by Jeannie – March 2, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jim and Pam’s wedding is the office’s jump the shark. Seeing everyone from their office dancing down the aisle is one of the stupidest scenes from the series. Killed it.

Comment by Jim – March 14, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are literally WAY too many great moments to write in this comment, but I’ll give a few of my favorites. They are: the entire episode “The Chump,” Dwight finding the bat above the tile in the office, Michael hitting Meredith with his car, the Dundies, Pam slapping Michael for him dating her Mom, and, of course, the “that’s what she said” moments. Long live The Office!

Comment by Joe – March 21, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone of Michael’s misunderstood racist moments.

Comment by zOffice Lover – May 7, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post