The Office: We've Picked Our 25 Favorite Dunder Mifflin Moments — What Are Yours?

The recent announcement that The Office will close up shop next year had us clutching our Dwight bobbleheads close and reminiscing about the NBC sitcom’s last eight seasons.

The paper company’s misfit employees have gotten themselves into so many romances, jams, zipline accidents and bat attacks over the years, it’d be nearly impossible to pick the best scenes.

But we did it anyway.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Office Boss Touts a Stronger Andy, Kelly’s Parting ‘Gift,’ a Wedding and More!

Here, in no particular order, are our 25 favorite moments from the The Office’s first eight years. No, every character isn’t represented. Yes, there’s a whole lot of Jim and Pam. Yes, we interpreted “moment” rather loosely. And yes, we fully expect you to have your own suggestions for the list – that’s why we love you like Meredith loves happy hour.

So once you’ve clicked through the photos below, hit the comments hard and often. (That’s what she said.)

Tags: ,

Comments (177)

• Pam and Jim finding out she is pregnant is such a beautiful moments. I always get teary watching it.

Comment by Mikaylah – August 27, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *moment. :)

Comment by Mikaylah – August 27, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have watched jim and pam’s wedding a lot and it always makes me cry too! Not to mention Michael’s proposal to Holly and Jim’s proposal to Pam. There are sooo many episodes I have cried on. I’m really gonna miss this show

Comment by shaundrika – August 29, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael and Jim saying goodbye, it was just so well done

Comment by Jasper – August 27, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. The Michael/Jim goodbye was one of the best scenes of the series. Watching, or listening to, rather, the commentary of that episode makes it all even more real. Most of the emotional scenes were the most calloused takes of all because the actors kept breaking down.

Comment by Mandi – August 29, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How could you leave out Robert’s scary Halloween tale? That was awesome. And Jim & Pam’s stay at Schrute Farms? Andy floating away on Beach Day? Creed trying to remember what he does for a living (Quabity Ass-yurance)? Michael & Dwight’s fight in the karate dojo? Pam’s prank going wrong and trapping her in the elevator with Dwight?

Comment by Kate – August 27, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This list is sorely lacking in so many great moments. You’ve mentioned a few gems. Good job!

Comment by tripoli – August 27, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beach games! “We are all participating in mandatory fun activities. Funtivities!”

Comment by Wrigs – August 27, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Nellie and Robert Calidornia have no business being on this list.

Comment by marge – August 27, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I AGREE! Some of my favorite moments….Everything concerning the bailor (bailor, i hardly know her!) and “DWIGHT you ignorant slut!” (basically that whole safety training episode), the BOOZE cruise (michael’s dance!) and beach games! The second and third seasons of The Office has some of my favorite TV moments ever and I am going to miss this gang!

Comment by Jane – August 27, 2012 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I like to pretend last season was a dream.

Comment by Tbirdy – August 29, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Anything from the last season has no business on this list. Stanley’s heart attack, Dwight pepper spraying Roy, and Michael’s Roast are just a few I could name.

Comment by Correia – August 29, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But the Robert California moment is when he introduces himself to David as Bob Cazimakis. That is definitely worthy of the top 25 list.

Comment by Mandi – August 29, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a great list – makes me want to go back and rewatch the series again!

Comment by Adam – August 27, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PRISON MIKE. The worst thing about prison was the dementors.

Comment by Wrigs – August 27, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael hitting Meredith with his car is the single funniest moment in the show’s history. How could you leave this out?

Comment by YowzaPowza – August 27, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! Michael is talking at the camera saying what a wonderful summer he had and then…BAM…Meredith is rolling off the windshield LOL.

Comment by David – August 27, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES!! I am laughing just thinking about this moment.

Comment by rebecca – August 27, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The photos aren’t loading for me, but I suspected this would be left off. I agree with you 100%. That is the single funniest moment in the funniest episode of the series.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – August 28, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Brian – August 28, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed! or when meredith wears the inappropriate outfit for casual friday. or where her hair catches fire. basically, anything meredith related was memorable.

Comment by david g. – August 29, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The first episode I ever saw was when Michael hit Meredith!! It was hysterical!!! When I hear of a charity run, I hear in my head, “For the Cure”. Classic episode. It was love ever since.

Comment by Julie – August 29, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You missed Michael and Jan’s disastrous dinner party (with them repeatedly calling each other “babe”)……………..and Pam finding out that Michael was sleeping with her mother. That’s two of the best episodes.

Comment by David – August 27, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And the Hunter song…

Comment by A – August 27, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That one night (one night), you made everything alriiiiiiiiiight.

Comment by PB – August 27, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is definitely one of the best episodes. Most awkward dinner party ever!

Comment by Theresa – August 28, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG yes!! And then she throws the Dundie at his miniature plasma tv. LOVE that episode.

Comment by Sarah – August 29, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most awkward “Office” episode ever. I still cringe when I think about it!!!

Comment by Miss Polly – August 29, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also, Dwight setting the office on fire to scare everyone about fire preparedness….

Comment by David – August 27, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I lose it every time I watch that opening. So freaking funny. I think I need to you tube it right now. Can’t believe they didn’t include this one!!

Comment by Elisabeth – August 27, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is that the same one where he dresses up as a progressively scarier robot looking samurai each year as well. That was hilarious.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – August 27, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think you’re thinking of Recyclops.

Comment by Aprilcot – August 28, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am in charge of safety at work and we have escape option 4 listed as “throw the overhead projector out the window”. Sadly, we don’t have an overhead projector anymore.

Comment by Carrie – August 28, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best moments:

Michael, Dwight and Andy doing parkour is fantastic.

Phyllis and Bob Vance getting frisky while having lunch with Jim & Pam (awkwardness a it’s best)

Andy tearing his scrotum.

Some worst moments include:

Any scene with Holly

The whole dinner party episode (awkwardness at its worst)

Comment by KMeng – August 27, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol, the torn scrotum made me die laughing.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – August 27, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’re forgetting Dwight’s fire drill, that whole sequence was just so funny. Also, the only other missing moment is when Toby returns to which Michael responds: “NOOOOOOOOOOO…..”

Comment by Daniel – August 27, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • when Angela threw the cat into the ceiling and it came out the next tile over i almost died.

Comment by murley – August 27, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When I saw the title for this article, this scene was the first that came to mind! Hilarious.

Also, different episode, but still- “Ryan started the fire!”

Comment by Danielle – August 27, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Save Bandit!!!

Comment by Julie – August 29, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeing Michael’s foot wrapped in bubble wrap reminds me of how classic this show use to be

Comment by Daniel – August 27, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, but Nellie or Robert California do not belong on any “best” of The Office lists. All of my favorite moments come from before Season 6 except for Michael’s proposal and his final episode. A few – the whole Casino Night episode, really. I love the cold open – “I hate so much about the things you choose to be.” The Client – Michael, Jan and Tim Meadow’s character at Chili’s. “Chili’s is the new golf course.” Jim and Pam eating grilled cheese on the roof. Jim, Karen, Dwight, Michael and Jan at David Wallace’s party. Michael and Dwight “saving” the Scranton branch. Michael’s deposition. Ryan started the fire. Vampire Jim. Jan’s dinner party. Yankee Swap. “It’s a Date.” So many great moments.

Comment by PB – August 27, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES. This is a much better list. I completely and totally agree. I\’d add Jim putting all of Dwight\’s things in the vending machine, Jim sending Dwight faxes from Future Dwight, Andy trying to seduce Pam and failing miserably, the Stamford branch playing Call of Duty…

Comment by Anna Gomizelj – August 27, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jim convincing Dwight that he was being recruited by the CIA lol

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – August 27, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s a good one. Also when he tried to beat the computer by selling the most paper. Loved the chit chat between Dwight and the “computer” AKA, Pam.

Comment by tripoli – August 27, 2012 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That was mostly Pam’s prank.

Comment by Hannah – August 29, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Future Dwight has to be my all time favorite Jim prank!

Comment by Julianna – August 28, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • All classic. One of my favorites was when Jim bought the red computer cable and ran it from Dwight’s computer out the building and up the phone pole so that Dwight followed it all the way to the end.

Comment by Heath – August 29, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two (well, three) moments immediately came to my mind and I was surprised to not see them here. 1) The party committee vs. the Committee for planning parties,and/or Michael marks the Asian girl he likes with a magic marker so he can distinguish her from her Asian friend (Season 3: A Benihhana Christmas) and 2) Michael and Jan’s Dinner Party (Season 4: Dinner Party) when Dwight’s date is his babysitter (the always fabulous Beth Grant).

Comment by Lou – August 27, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t believe I forgot about the Benihana Christmas! I almost did a spit-take when I read that. Great choice! haha

Comment by Terry – August 29, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jim falling off his bike in the episode where he and Andy get drunk at the other branch and Mose running past Jim and Pam’s car as they pull up for their night at Schrute Farms in Money.

Comment by JMJE – August 27, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved when pam sketched the pic of dwight after phyllis was flashed in the parking lot and everything leading up to Dwight looking in the mirror and realizing it was him.

Comment by rebecca – August 27, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! And then Michael taking all the women to the mall.

Comment by PB – August 27, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ANDY NARD DOG TATTOO SURELY

Comment by alim – August 27, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • -Dwight bagging the bat over Meredith’s head.
    -the temp starting the fire.
    -basketball!

i’d hate to pick all of season 1…

i would not include as “best moments”:
    -nellie eating the taco
    -david coming back, robert leaving as a “moment”
    -threat level midnight
    -sweeney todd

Comment by derek – August 27, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, the Nellie eating a taco scene is not even something I think of as “The Office”.

Comment by Julie – August 29, 2012 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this list and all the comments listing the amazing moments that couldnt fit on the list (almost everything that has been commented on as missing is worthy of the list in my opinion) makes me realize how truly great this show was in its prime (seasons 1 to 4, many parts from five, and scattered moments in 6 and 7).

Comment by Adrian Eats Cake (@adrianeatscake) – August 27, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The healthcare plan episode.

Comment by lori – August 27, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Government created killer nanorobot infection!!

Comment by Brendan – August 27, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I forgot about that one! When Dwight calls them all into the meeting room and starts listing all of the diseases that they put on their list and trying to say they are fake. So funny,

Comment by Christina – August 28, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hotdog fingers! That is my favorite episode. Another great moment…dwights speech.

Comment by corbin – August 29, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Spontaneous dental hydro-plosion!

Comment by Miss Polly – August 29, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The episode with the lewd watermark on the paper on which a high school’s prom invitations went out. It gave way to the best TWSS. “I need two men on this. That’s what she said. No time! But she did. No time!” I loved Michael issuing a press conference and the guy who wrote obits coming out. Jim and Andy going to the high school only to discover Andy’s girlfriend was in high school was also excellent.

Comment by Q – August 27, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meredith flashes Michael at Christmas party and he snaps a picture.

Comment by Chris – August 27, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, no ‘Best Of’ list is complete without Phyllis discovering Dwight and Angela having sex on the office desk moments after her engagement to Andy.

Comment by Amy – August 27, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dwight’s fire drill literally had me laughing out loud for 5 minutes! When Toby returned and Michael screamed “NOOOO!!!” was hilarious! The funniest moment for me was when Michael was like “If I were in a room with Toby, bin Laden, and Hitler and I had a gun with two bullets, I would shoot Toby twice.” And then everybody’s reactions afterward, especially Dwight instructing Michael how to shoot all three of them with one bullet. Classic and hilarious!

Comment by Julia – August 27, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i just laughed out loud reading this.

Comment by murley – August 27, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This lol.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – August 27, 2012 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “The fire is shooting at us!” – one of the greatest Andy Bernard lines EVER.

Comment by Miss Polly – August 29, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • best comment. lmao.

Comment by yo – August 29, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “If I was stuck in a room with Osama, Hitler, and Toby, and I had two bullets, I’d shoot Toby twice”–Michael Scott

Comment by Regan – August 27, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol. God, I miss Michael Scott on this show!

Comment by Brian – August 28, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about -
    - Michael hits Meredith with the car two seconds into the episode
    - Dwight’s concussion – Jim spraying him with the plant mister

Comment by Amy – August 27, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most of my favorite moments are on this list. A few missing, Conflict Resolution: “win-win…win,” when Jim asks Pam out “It’s a date,” when Stanley runs at Jim in the sumo suit, Urgirlgrew (sp?), “What is the ratio of Stanley Nickels to Schrute Bucks? The same ratio of unicorns to leprechauns,” when Jim bates Dwight with BSG: “It’s about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who had to return the ring back to Mordor,” when they bet on different things in the office – Creed not realizing he is eating a potato instead of an apple, Holly is Michael’s “soup snake,” the Michael Scott Paper Company’s office, the dance party in that office later, the discovery of the manuscript for Threat Level Midnight, Jim and Pam bating Andy with his cell phone, the bird funeral and Dwight’s recorder, Pam loosing it when she finds out about Michael and her mother. So, so many. Wow, The Office has been a (mostly) great show.

Comment by Amy – August 27, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love the one where Jim hides Andy’s cell phone and he loses it. Then when he comes back from anger management he gets pepper sprayed. Love almost anything with Andy, and I will miss him!

Comment by rcc – August 30, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Dinner Party is missing from this list. It is one of the best episodes of the Office. Angela saying something like ‘I don’t want your beats in my mouth’

Comment by Butters – August 27, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Diversity Day is the episode that made me fall in love with this show. Dwight’s fake fire drill makes me laugh just thinking about it. When Angela tries to save her cat by throwing it up to Oscar who is trying to escape through the ceiling… And I love all of the big Jim/Pam episodes, especially the wedding. So many great episodes!

Comment by EDS – August 27, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boom. Roasted!

Comment by Lisa – August 27, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha yes! i say this quite a bit still to this day.

Comment by rebecca – August 27, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sexual Harrassment, with Todd Packer and at the end when Jim sets up Michael’s “that’s what she said”. Ryan starting the fire!, When Dwight saved Jim from Roy and sprayed the Office with mace. SOOOO many!

Comment by Robin – August 27, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going with michael reacting to tobys return. That is my most frequent scene I repeat. My favorite Jim prank was when he put all of Dwight’s stuff in the vending machine

Comment by Matt – August 27, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, this show has really left me a lot of good memories.

Comment by Matt – August 27, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lets not forget The Deposition, when Michael sits to eat with Toby and Toby tells Michael he knows how he feels because he had to testify in his parents custody hearing, only to have Michael slowly push his food off the table

Comment by Matt – August 27, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great list. I agree with many of your picks. I love Pam and Jim learning she’s pregnant. That was beautiful. I loved Jim as Dwight and Jim/Pam tricking Dwight as the FBI. I loved Dwight setting the office on fire teaching fire safety and any xmas episode.

Comment by Patti – August 27, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorites is when Kevin was carrying a bucket full of chilis and spilled everything into the floor and used a folder to scoop everything back into the bucket!

I also lovethe Christmas episode where Michael was upset with Phillis’ gift to him.

Comment by King – August 27, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dwight cuts his his penis peeing into a can in the car.

Comment by Matt – August 27, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • bahaha!!! yes! i still laugh so hard i cry at that scene!

Comment by jennifer – August 29, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andy’s 12 Days of Christmas.

Comment by Kerry – August 27, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite moment – Michael and Jan’s “Dinner Party” (S4/Ep9): Based on Jan’s new candle-making business, Michael trying to get Jim and Andy to invest in her business for ‘only $10,000′.

As a honorable mention, second favorite moment – Jim ['Tuna'] starting his work at the Stamford Branch ["The Coup" - S3/Ep3] and playing ‘Call of Duty’ very badly with his new colleagues as their team building exercise, by which Jim gets called into the manager’s office and encounters Andy going ballistic over Jim’s lack of ‘Call of Duty’ skills.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – August 27, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CAFE DISCO!

Comment by Puff – August 27, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many good moments, but my favourite I think is the episode where Jim and Dwight forget Kelly’s birthday and they have to play the party together, the way Dwight decorates the room, priceless.

Comment by Kevin – August 27, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “It is your birthday.” It is a statement of fact.

Comment by Lyria – August 27, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hahaha i use that for my friends birthdays whether or not they watch the show. I send them a text stating “it is your birthday.” lol definately a favorite!

Comment by jennifer – August 29, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i laughed so many times reading this list and the comments. whatever people say about the show getting worse or whatever there are classic and hilarious moments consistently throughout the show and while there are moments we all seem to love, everyone seems to have their own personal favorites. i will miss this show after next season but you can bet i will watch EVERY episode again and again throughout the years and continue to love it and laugh my ass off!

Comment by murley – August 27, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Drug Testing! When Dwight discovers the blunt in the parking lot and tries to interrogate all of the staff.
    Jim: “No! You told me I would be conducting this interview when I got in here so tell me how much pot did you smoke!” And Dwight’s face after is priceless.

Comment by J Pritz – August 27, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Michael reads a HR comment about “Why is the bathroom ‘whites only’?” Michael assumed Stanley, who said he didn’t write it, confusing Michael why somebody who write that, with creed saying”the sign says that”, the camera pans to the generic bathroom symbol that are painted white. Also, when everyone is trying to get Stanley’s attention, who is too busy with his crossword. And Stanley and Preztel Day/ Dwight’s training of Ryan, Jim’s prank on Gabe with the fake Jo phone call and Angela’s and Dwight’s car chase at the end of the recent season. There is likely more…

Comment by Matthew – August 27, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fun fact: Michael and Oscar’s kiss was improvised. And an amazing piece of comedy television.

Comment by blaster freak – August 27, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There have been too many favorite moments for me to make a list. Ha ha. Definitely one of my favorites was when Jim was doing the Pavlov thing to Dwight whenever his computer reset.
    “Why are you holding out your hand?”
    “I don’t know… My mouth tastes so bad all of a sudden.”
    I still say “Mint Dwight?” whenever I have mints…

Comment by Babybop – August 27, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “You can’t fire me, I don’t work in this van!” – Dwight, “The Injury” – my favorite episode of all time, written by the awesome Mindy Kaling.

Comment by Tricia – August 27, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My favorite episode, too. I love when Michael asks, “What does this look like?” pointing to his bubble wrapped foot in horror and Stanley says, “Mailboxes etc.” and walks away like this happens everyday.

Comment by juliasellers – August 28, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes… That is my fave line/episode too! Also, “I have Country Crock”!

Comment by hillchics – August 28, 2012 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jim sending Dwight messages from “future Dwight”

Comment by Lori – August 28, 2012 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This list and the comments just remind me how much this show needed Michael Scott. My favorite moments are Jim convinces Dwight that he has been recruited by the CIA and Jim and Pam use instant messaging to convince Dwight the Dunder Mifflin website is self-aware. Oh and the future Dwight messages are good. Favorite episode is where Michael grill his foot.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – August 28, 2012 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post