Exclusive Switched at Birth Video: Emmett Finds Out About Bay's Special Souvenir!

When we last saw Switched at Birth, Emmett went directly from adorable to the doghouse after he cheated on Bay with her ex-best friend. Despite that, he’s determined to make things right when the ABC Family charmer returns next Monday, Sept. 3 at 8/7c. But in the following exclusive sneak peek from the season opener, Emmett learns there’s one very big obstacle standing in his way: Bay didn’t come home from her “educational” trip abroad alone.

RELATED | ABC Family Orders More Bunheads, Renews Switched at Birth and 2 Others, Cancels Jane

Press PLAY below to watch Daphne break the bad news to her pal, and then hit the comments with your thoughts. Does Emmett even deserve Bay’s forgiveness?

Loading video...

Comments (16)

• Emmett was horrible for what he did but Bay really really gets on my nerves. I don’t really like her at all.

Comment by Jessica – August 27, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s too bad, Bay is my favourite character

Comment by mia – August 27, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They give her too many boyfriends. can’t she stay single for a little while at least

Comment by courtney myers – August 27, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree….for such a ‘independent’ girl, she sure has a lot of boyfriends

Comment by Kelly – August 28, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I love Emmett and Bay!! I hope they work it out!

Comment by Abby – August 27, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Emmet and Bay and I wouldn’t be opposed to them getting back together at some point, but it’s too soon for her to forgive him right now.

Comment by Christine – August 27, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Emmett and Bay, but I couldn’t forgive Emmett for what he did if I was Bay.
    Maybe in a few seasons I could see her giving him another chance, but not too soon.

Comment by mia – August 27, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST SHOW ON ABC FAMILY!

Comment by Anon – August 27, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree they have given her to many boyfriends without enough time to herself, but at least with Emmett they developed her as a person and she wasn’t just being a brat all the time. I love her and Emmett as a couple but towards the end of the season it seemed like no matter what she did he had a problem with it, so in a way I am glad they broke up but I would love to see this couple together in the future.
    I am glad they aren’t having her forgive him immediately but i don’t like that they gave her a new boyfriend right away. Even with off screen time pass.
    What Emmett did was wrong and I hope they show him both trying to cope with his own guilt and trying to make it up to her but in a way that develops them both as individuals not just as a couple, the only thing I pray they don’t do is push him and Daphne into each others arms. They should stay best friends, nothing more.

Comment by Krystina – August 27, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they are a cute couple, but i don’t think they are ever going to work out too. I have a feeling that ABC Family may puss Daphne and Emmett together, maybe as friends. I agree that they gave her many boyfriends in the first season and that Daphne and Emmett should just be friend, closer maybe?

Comment by Heather – December 31, 2012 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bay should move on from Emmett… he doesn’t deserve her.

Comment by Elyse – August 28, 2012 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just thinking about this on the bus to work this morning! I really hate that they had Emmett cheat on Bay. It really took down his character in my book. I loved Emmett but now I can’t respect him. Hopefully they can fix that!

Comment by Ava – August 28, 2012 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m still mad they went with the cheating. i love bay and emmett together and want them to work it out eventually. maybe in like season 3.

Comment by kay – August 28, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post