Fall TV Preview

Hot Video: First Castle Season 5 Promo Shows the Morning After 'The Night of Their Lives'

There’s only one question to ask after you watch (…and rewatch) the first promo for Castle Season 5.

“So, you liked it?”

Granted, it’s a rhetorical question, but we’ll go ahead and assume your answer echoes Rick’s: Yeah.

RELATED | Exclusive Castle Sneak Peek: The First Photo of Season 5 Is Quite a Puzzle

ABC on Monday night unveiled its first look at the afterglow of “the night of their lives,” and it hit all the right notes: playful, romantic, sexy, a dash of danger, one of Kate’s megaboots kicking open a door and, for good measure, Jack Coleman smiling from a campaign poster.

FALL TV PREVIEW | As Castle Explores ‘Pure, Raw’ Emotions, ‘The Fun and Conflict Only Escalate’

Here now is the too-short clip, courtesy of the fast-working, industrious folks at YouTube.com/TelevisionPromos. (Oh, almost forgot: Castle‘s new season premieres Monday, Sept. 24 on ABC.)

Tags:

Comments (136)

• Because I obviously can’t stop obssessing over this promo (totally normal!!) I thought I’d just comment on something else that stuck with me. Stana and Nathan sell the heck out of their characters. The smiles on their faces, the happiness radiating from them looks sooooo real, sooooo genuine! It seriously takes my breath away how well they portray Kate and Rick being madly in love. This show makes me feel everything! I get so caught up that I don’t even realize that I’m holding my breath. This really is the best show on tv!! And that promo beyond redeems ABC for waiting so long to put it out!

Comment by rachelle – August 28, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great post. Stana and Nathan are what separate this show from the rest precisely because they act the heck out of your basic standard tv characters. Only show on tv that matters to me is Castle.

Comment by Lisa – August 28, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with everything you said. A show can never be this popular without the actor’s dedication and utter love for
      their characters. I’ve seen too many crappy shows with equally untalented actors and terrible scripts so I know when I say from the bottom of my heart that Castle’s one of the greatest things that happened to me.

Comment by Krithika – August 29, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My sanity is questionable after watching that promo. And apparently, the Castle fandom blew up too, because 30000 view within one night since it first released? Amazing

Comment by Audrey – August 28, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My only issue is the “they find out if it is the biggest mistake of their lives”. Of course it isn’t!!! Yay for Caskett

Comment by Kim – August 28, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • one word…..FLAIL!!!!!!!!!

Comment by cc – August 28, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle cast and crew are AMAZING !!! Once again we have been given the essence of Season 5 in one promo – but …NO “ESKIMO” KISSES ??? :) They sort of, kind of, you know, have become Nathan & Stana’s trademark; oops, I meant Rick & Kate :) Please???

Comment by Ali,Sr. – August 28, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch the show, but I gotta admit, ABC did a really great job with this promo.

Comment by lucaltair815 – August 28, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear Lord… Too good to be true!!!!!

Comment by Mari – August 28, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG they are Back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Cindy – August 28, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan and Stana are so good in the roles of Castle and Beckett that it almost seems like you’re watching a real thing. I mean, just look at her smile. Their chemistry is what separates Castle from other shows.

Comment by mary – August 28, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear ABC, I think your logic is flawed. How are we gonna get good ratings on premiere night when you already killed a good portion of the Castle fandom???

Comment by Omg – August 28, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Alie's World and commented:
    Sexy times ahead. I can’t wait to see what comes of their relationship… Good, bad, happy, sad, ROTFLMAO, screaming at the tv… It’s going to be great

Comment by alieh86 – August 28, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KATE AND RICK FINALLY SLEEPING TOGETHER AND BEING TOGETHER ISNT THE BIGGEST MISTAKE THEY EVER MADE-THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT DIGGING INTO THE MURDER OF KATE’S MOTHER-I DONT BLAME HER FOR DIGGING BUT THE MISTAKE IS TOO KEEP DIGGING SINCE IT MIGHT COST HER LIFE AND OTHER THINGS BUT SHE WILL KEEP DIGGING AND HER AND RICK ARE FINALLY TOGETHER YES! I THINK KATE LOVED IT AND THE MORNING AFTER SOMETIMES ISNT EASY BUT FOR KATE AND RICK IT WILL BE AND I GET THE FEELING SHE IS MAKING HIM PANCAKES WHEN HE WAKES UP AND SHE IS SITTING THERE IN HIS SHIRT

Comment by olivia – August 28, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE MISTAKE IS THINKING THAT GUY WOLNT COME AFTER KATE AND SADLY HE WILL BUT RICK WILL PROTECT HER NO MATTER WHAT AND FROM SEEING HER IN SHIRT THE MORNING AFTER SHE WAS MAKING HIM PANCAKES WHICH IS SWEET

Comment by olivia – August 28, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I find it strange so many think this is going to change Beckett’s character..I certainly hope not. they have been falling in love over the course of the four seasons. She is still going to be Beckett and he is still Castle. They will not turn her into some love smitten twerp!! They love each other no doubt about it but Good grief these characters are adults..not some love struck kids!!

Comment by Lynn – September 2, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a heterosexual male and I’m not ashamed to admit that i watched that about 500 times already. Obsessive…maybe…but I don’t care I love me some Castle. It is totally unfair how gorgeous Stana Katic is. Sept 24th if you know what’s good for you, you’ll get here quick, or else :)

Comment by James – August 28, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol at this! and I am a 30 year old woman, and have watched it 1000 times !!! :P

Comment by Lilu – August 29, 2012 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOD!!!! Castle’s and Beckett’s smiles!!!!!!! And the way he eagerly says “Yeah”!! I’d give a million dollars to see smiles like that in every episode!!

Comment by Krithika – August 29, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oooooohh my good…!!!!!!!!! i actually don’t have the courage to stop watching this prooomooo!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

Comment by @kassandravalver – August 29, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just wanted to say how much I love this fandom! I love the enthusiasm and you guys’ acknowledgements that this show means more than JUST a show to you. It’s hard to explain to non-fans the effect that the show has on me and how amazing it really is. We may seem obsessive (lol!) but it’s more than that! I know the world may not agree, but ivreally believe that this show is one of, if not THE best show on tv. I’m so invested in the characters and their lives and the actors and writers are so amazing that they make you feel everything they feel or want you to feel! Anyway, you guys rock!

Comment by rachelle – August 30, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Problems with Castle Season Five
    Andrew Marlowe . Get off the way you do “close ups” in action mode, spend a dollar and do it right its cheap shooting and you know it distracts from QUALITY of the show. “NOT SO CLOSE” all the time – OK
    Try more group shots instead of over the shoulder ( rest my sore eyes ) gives more depth in the station etc.
    Also so many undercurrent stories in one show, this needs to be cut down a tad. Ratings can’t be wrong and you need to rethink a quality timeline you use for your main actors Rick and Kate.
    Forget the last scene with anyone else but Rick and Kate. Main actors to close – Just dumb by NOT DOING IT. Hurts the next week timeslot.
    Actor Rick – Lose some WEIGHT NOW NOW! LOOK AT SEASON 1 face – you are now a puffer fish and looking old and tired. At a $100k plus a show use a trainer. Steven Seagal is not sexy or can move on the screen with his weight and nor can you anymore!
    Kate – Whoever dresses or advisers Kate to dress in the show needs to be “shot or fired”. Kate looks great so what’s the problem getting great clothes (hint she can now afford it). Kate also needs to be two people, a tough cop and a soft lover.
    Re Caskett Yes some more time needs to be assigned to them in the show instead of a 2 min scene and then going off on a tangent. More playfull Kate with Rick. More morning scenes like After the Storm before the murder call etc would be good. More fun like the pool scene etc.
    And yes more real kissing do I have to say it too. Tease too much and I am gone and you are. A good Red Butler moment would be fun.
    More personal stuff and hint of the wedding or moving in TOGETHER. Kill off Martha or send he on a roadshow out if town In that order.
    Attention writers – More CIA type, New York bomb stuff or saving the world stuff story lines. Quality not junk. Not so many sub plots. Eg Martha or Alexis all the time. Give space and more time for Rick and Kate.
    More personal lines and more in Jokes between the Rick and Kate
    Signature move between them, for example hand on a cheek or shoulder in the squad room when leaving should be developed.

Comment by Lee – December 31, 2012 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, Neat post. There is a problem along with your site in web
    explorer, could check this? IE still is the marketplace chief
    and a big component to people will miss your magnificent
    writing due to this problem.

Comment by tv series trailer – May 16, 2013 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post