First Bones Season 8 Promo: Will On-the-Run Brennan Actually Have More Fun?

Life’s not easy for Temperance Brennan when Bones‘ eighth season kicks off next month, but you wouldn’t expect it to be, seeing how she’s been framed for murder and is now on the lam from the FBI with little Christine in tow.

In this new season-premiere preview video, though, it’s clear our titular heroine’s not the only one who’s been adversely affected by the chain of events begun by Pelant’s heinous acts. The Jeffersonian team is poised to become a merry gang of rule-breakers. Booth and Brennan find themselves in a violent physical altercation (though, okay, it’s not as bad as it sounds). And Brennan’s hairdresser…well, let’s just say someone’s gonna need the smelling salts.

Bones returns Sept. 17 at 8/7c.

Press play below for the full preview, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the Season 8 trailer. Oh, and be sure to weigh in on Brennan’s new hair color.

1. Liz says:

Can’t wait!

2. TideGirl79 says:

I can’t wait for the new season!! It’s marked on my calendar :)

3. Mycatmidnite says:

Seriously so excited for this!

4. Jane says:

Love the promo video!…. Excuse while I drool at David’s guns of steel. Woo!

5. BonesFringeFan says:

Her hair’s a wig right? It’s not dyed blonde… Is it?
    I was kinda hoping Brennan would have a really sexy new hair color/style… Now that would really get Booth going… ;)

6. Wendi says:

Season 8 premier is going to ROCK!…..But seriously, Emily looks washed out as a blonde. The wig looks like road kill or something. A.w.f.u.l….Lmao though.

• Ann says:

First up the promo is awesome! Is it Sep 17 yet? Booth rocks, love him!….And Brennan….well, ummm, did she lose a bet or something? cos, dang that wig is hideous. Yikers!….oh and I spy CAROLINE. Love her!….Gonna be awesome!

• Cam says:

Emily looks like a washed out rag with that god awful hair/wig.

• DH says:

Her hair looks wrong because they didn’t bleach her eyebrows and they are still using makeup for her coloration as a brunette. Which really makes me think that is just a wig, and it’s only going to last one episode or so.

7. madbengalsfan85 says:

Beyond excited for season 8!

8. bubbles526 says:

Love the promo…we get to see Bones and Booth get physical! (And agree about David’s arms…will admit to replaying those frames a few times) So excited for the premiere. I think it is too much to hope the house they are sitting outside of is actually their mighty hut, isn’t it? Oh well. 23 more days!

9. I can’t say I’m crazy about Brennan’s new hair color, but when one is on the lam from the Feds, drastic times call for drastic measures!

I can’t wait to see what happens on the season premier.

10. Maria says:

I’m just hoping that wig will disappear after the premiere!

11. Cecile Sullivan says:

I have been waiting foR some hint to figure out what is going to happen. Great promo! I hope the villain is caught soon. The new hair – not good. Sept 17th – ok – let’s go!

12. Alison says:

Can’t wait Season 8 premier

13. Susan Kunin says:

Really really looking forward to season 8! Hopefully Northwest Broadcasting and DirecTV will settle their greedy differences and put our local Fox station back on before season premier of Bones!

14. She could have gone Brunette, but, noooo, she needs to go blonde…. yuck.

15. mac says:

Reed Diamond is in the season premiere ? Awesome =D

16. archphoenix says:

Terrible awful blonde wig.

17. Nick says:

Looks awesome

18. debbie says:

The hair isnt flattering! I agree with the washed out look. I’m excited about the new season. Hope they keep the love going!!!

19. Josh says:

Though her hair looks bad and I don’t love the choice of having her run away, I do love it when the whole team gets all “we’re in on this together, solid, family blah blah”…

20. Bob OHara says:

what happened to the mini-season praytell?

21. crtcw says:

Looks amazing!!! CAN NOT WAIT!!!

22. andy says:

OMG me muero……..
    i love david boreamaz♥♥♥

23. Scott says:

Please let the Pellant case wrap up quickly… Andrew Leeds was miscast in the role and I find it hard to enjoy the show when he’s on screen.

24. Patricia says:

OMG!!Now i can really not wait btu we must wait…wowwow Brennans eyes shine as them Booth see:-D so hot!!Its i wig not Bones really hair!!B&B&C are really Back !!!I am soo Happy now,it is a big new Promo and now i am so excited!!!
    B&B 4 ever!!

• Even if she did dye her hair instead of wear a wig, I highly doubt it’s a permanent change. Just temporary for while she’s on the run. But I agree with the others – not her best look. Glad it’s not permanent. I also loved the look of happiness her her eyes when she saw Booth – so sweet! Can’t wait for the new season!

25. Helen says:

She is in disguise, her hair has to be different or she would be recognized! Eagerly awaiting new season to see how she is reunited with her Booth!!

26. S Kolber says:

The blonde hair is so obviously a wig. If they’re saying she actually dyed it blonde, then they didn’t do a good job cuz it looks so fake.

27. Rosecee says:

Loose the blonde hair!! it dosen’t suit her coloring at all!! can’t wait for the new season to start…i never miss this show :)

28. I’ve watched seasons 1-7 and I’m eagerly awaiting season 8. why does Cam look like she’s not with everyone else in helping get Bones back. The wig is funny but hey you do what you gotta do. Booth loves Bones and he wants his woman back. Yea Booth.

29. R.E. says:

Ya think legally blond?
    Forget NFL
    Can’t wait for kick off for BONES!!!!!!

30. Carl says:

Love bones either way, but def better as a brunette ;-).

31. So excited that the new season is here Bones as a blond? This should be interesting

32. lisa says:

they should have given her red or auburn hair.she would have lukd gud n diffrnt.like they did in season 1

33. Astrid says:

I AM SO EXITED!!! Omg can’t wait for September 17 to come! After seeing this AMAZING promo, I’m even more eager (which I didn’t know I could get)..
    I love Bones sooooo much, my absolute favorite show <3 <3

And about the fact that she is blond. I don't really care, as long as the show is still great. Which it will be! And the hair looks like a wig, so don't worry people. Its properly not the worse thing..

34. Jenifer Strang says:

It’s a wig cause she’s on the lamb! It does make her look washed out, but I don’t care what she looks like! I spend most of my time drooling after David! Just read that – makes it sound like I don’t like Emily, which is so far from the truth. I think she’s awesome and I LOVE Booth & Brennan being together. Cannot wait for Season 8.

35. BonesLover96 says:

I actually quite like the wig…. I know it might sound strange, but I do – it’s different.
    I can’t wait for Spetember 17 to come! I am in Australia so I will download it as soon as it has premiered in America!!!!
    19 days and counting!!

36. lacampbell says:

Can’t wait. So excited for the new season.

37. Sally Hamm says:

Love it all – can’t wait for them all to be back together again as a family.

38. Pauline says:

I agree the hair is completely wrong, love the clip, wish they had shown more… counting down the day until Sept 17, glad I am not the only crazy B&B fan

39. Robin Phillips says:

Love everything about the show. Never miss an episode! I think they all are fantastic and work well off of each other!

40. hi i can’t wait for the new season of bones how long Brennan have to be on run for

41. jim r says:

Hair tongue in cheek humor ala SNL. Are there any male fans out there?

42. Tamara says:

When does it start in Australia I can’t wait!!

43. Cyndie says:

Great preview! So glad to see Booth & Bones back together. Can’t wait to see how she will be exonerated! Hope the blond wig goes away soon.