First Bones Season 8 Promo: Will On-the-Run Brennan Actually Have More Fun?

Get More: Previews, Video

Life’s not easy for Temperance Brennan when Bones‘ eighth season kicks off next month, but you wouldn’t expect it to be, seeing how she’s been framed for murder and is now on the lam from the FBI with little Christine in tow.

In this new season-premiere preview video, though, it’s clear our titular heroine’s not the only one who’s been adversely affected by the chain of events begun by Pelant’s heinous acts. The Jeffersonian team is poised to become a merry gang of rule-breakers. Booth and Brennan find themselves in a violent physical altercation (though, okay, it’s not as bad as it sounds). And Brennan’s hairdresser…well, let’s just say someone’s gonna need the smelling salts.

Bones returns Sept. 17 at 8/7c.

Press play below for the full preview, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the Season 8 trailer. Oh, and be sure to weigh in on Brennan’s new hair color.

Tags: ,

Comments (58)

• Can’t wait!

Comment by Liz – August 25, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha! Awesome.

Comment by phalettiaphotography – August 25, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the new season!! It’s marked on my calendar :)

Comment by TideGirl79 – August 25, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously so excited for this!

Comment by Mycatmidnite – August 25, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the promo video!…. Excuse while I drool at David’s guns of steel. Woo!

Comment by Jane – August 25, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! Boothy could crack a walnut with those arms. *dreamy sigh* or use them to carry Brennan to bed. *happy sigh* hawt!

Comment by Mae – August 25, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lets hope Brennen relieves some of Booth’s tension after being apart for 4 months. Come on Hart and Fox. Time for some serious romance :D

Comment by Jean – August 26, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Or at least sweaty on-the-lam freaky secks.

Comment by Jean Mae – August 26, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her hair’s a wig right? It’s not dyed blonde… Is it?
    I was kinda hoping Brennan would have a really sexy new hair color/style… Now that would really get Booth going… ;)

Comment by BonesFringeFan – August 25, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 8 premier is going to ROCK!…..But seriously, Emily looks washed out as a blonde. The wig looks like road kill or something. A.w.f.u.l….Lmao though.

Comment by Wendi – August 25, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First up the promo is awesome! Is it Sep 17 yet? Booth rocks, love him!….And Brennan….well, ummm, did she lose a bet or something? cos, dang that wig is hideous. Yikers!….oh and I spy CAROLINE. Love her!….Gonna be awesome!

Comment by Ann – August 25, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily looks like a washed out rag with that god awful hair/wig.

Comment by Cam – August 25, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All you women only watch to see Booth and to bust on Bones. Watch the whole show and stop hating the real star of the show.

Comment by John Wright – August 28, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Bones would good great in anything she wears, so lay off

Comment by janet dixon – August 28, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow! Jealous much?! Yes, women love to watch Booth but we also watch because we love the show as a whole and enjoy all of the characters and actors!

Comment by suzyku – August 28, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her hair looks wrong because they didn’t bleach her eyebrows and they are still using makeup for her coloration as a brunette. Which really makes me think that is just a wig, and it’s only going to last one episode or so.

Comment by DH – August 27, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beyond excited for season 8!

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – August 25, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the promo…we get to see Bones and Booth get physical! (And agree about David’s arms…will admit to replaying those frames a few times) So excited for the premiere. I think it is too much to hope the house they are sitting outside of is actually their mighty hut, isn’t it? Oh well. 23 more days!

Comment by bubbles526 – August 25, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t say I’m crazy about Brennan’s new hair color, but when one is on the lam from the Feds, drastic times call for drastic measures!

I can’t wait to see what happens on the season premier.

Comment by Brette O'Connell – August 25, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just hoping that wig will disappear after the premiere!

Comment by Maria – August 25, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! Back to brunette, PLEASE!!!! Can’t wait for the new season!

Comment by CastleLady – August 30, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been waiting foR some hint to figure out what is going to happen. Great promo! I hope the villain is caught soon. The new hair – not good. Sept 17th – ok – let’s go!

Comment by Cecile Sullivan – August 25, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait Season 8 premier

Comment by Alison – August 25, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really really looking forward to season 8! Hopefully Northwest Broadcasting and DirecTV will settle their greedy differences and put our local Fox station back on before season premier of Bones!

Comment by Susan Kunin – August 25, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She could have gone Brunette, but, noooo, she needs to go blonde…. yuck.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – August 25, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, brunette was either her original hair color or too close to her hair color. She had to do something to alter her appearance and throw the feds off. Calm down. There’s no way it’s a permanent change.

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – August 26, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reed Diamond is in the season premiere ? Awesome =D

Comment by mac – August 25, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible awful blonde wig.

Comment by archphoenix – August 25, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks awesome

Comment by Nick – August 25, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The hair isnt flattering! I agree with the washed out look. I’m excited about the new season. Hope they keep the love going!!!

Comment by debbie – August 25, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Though her hair looks bad and I don’t love the choice of having her run away, I do love it when the whole team gets all “we’re in on this together, solid, family blah blah”…

Comment by Josh – August 25, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what happened to the mini-season praytell?

Comment by Bob OHara – August 25, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the episodes are gonna be shown throughout the new season

Comment by Rae – August 25, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks amazing!!! CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Comment by crtcw – August 26, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG me muero……..
    i love david boreamaz♥♥♥

Comment by andy – August 26, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too. Join the club!

Comment by suzyku – August 26, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let the Pellant case wrap up quickly… Andrew Leeds was miscast in the role and I find it hard to enjoy the show when he’s on screen.

Comment by Scott – August 26, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!Now i can really not wait btu we must wait…wowwow Brennans eyes shine as them Booth see:-D so hot!!Its i wig not Bones really hair!!B&B&C are really Back !!!I am soo Happy now,it is a big new Promo and now i am so excited!!!
    B&B 4 ever!!

Comment by Patricia – August 26, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even if she did dye her hair instead of wear a wig, I highly doubt it’s a permanent change. Just temporary for while she’s on the run. But I agree with the others – not her best look. Glad it’s not permanent. I also loved the look of happiness her her eyes when she saw Booth – so sweet! Can’t wait for the new season!

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – August 26, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is in disguise, her hair has to be different or she would be recognized! Eagerly awaiting new season to see how she is reunited with her Booth!!

Comment by Helen – August 26, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The blonde hair is so obviously a wig. If they’re saying she actually dyed it blonde, then they didn’t do a good job cuz it looks so fake.

Comment by S Kolber – August 27, 2012 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loose the blonde hair!! it dosen’t suit her coloring at all!! can’t wait for the new season to start…i never miss this show :)

Comment by Rosecee – August 27, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched seasons 1-7 and I’m eagerly awaiting season 8. why does Cam look like she’s not with everyone else in helping get Bones back. The wig is funny but hey you do what you gotta do. Booth loves Bones and he wants his woman back. Yea Booth.

Comment by Lindsay D. Peterson – August 28, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ya think legally blond?
    Forget NFL
    Can’t wait for kick off for BONES!!!!!!

Comment by R.E. – August 28, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love bones either way, but def better as a brunette ;-).

Comment by Carl – August 28, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited that the new season is here Bones as a blond? This should be interesting

Comment by Deborah Mitchell – August 28, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they should have given her red or auburn hair.she would have lukd gud n diffrnt.like they did in season 1

Comment by lisa – August 28, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM SO EXITED!!! Omg can’t wait for September 17 to come! After seeing this AMAZING promo, I’m even more eager (which I didn’t know I could get)..
    I love Bones sooooo much, my absolute favorite show <3 <3

And about the fact that she is blond. I don't really care, as long as the show is still great. Which it will be! And the hair looks like a wig, so don't worry people. Its properly not the worse thing..

Comment by Astrid – August 28, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a wig cause she’s on the lamb! It does make her look washed out, but I don’t care what she looks like! I spend most of my time drooling after David! Just read that – makes it sound like I don’t like Emily, which is so far from the truth. I think she’s awesome and I LOVE Booth & Brennan being together. Cannot wait for Season 8.

Comment by Jenifer Strang – August 28, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually quite like the wig…. I know it might sound strange, but I do – it’s different.
    I can’t wait for Spetember 17 to come! I am in Australia so I will download it as soon as it has premiered in America!!!!
    19 days and counting!!

Comment by BonesLover96 – August 29, 2012 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait. So excited for the new season.

Comment by lacampbell – August 29, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it all – can’t wait for them all to be back together again as a family.

Comment by Sally Hamm – August 29, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree the hair is completely wrong, love the clip, wish they had shown more… counting down the day until Sept 17, glad I am not the only crazy B&B fan

Comment by Pauline – August 30, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love everything about the show. Never miss an episode! I think they all are fantastic and work well off of each other!

Comment by Robin Phillips – August 31, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hi i can’t wait for the new season of bones how long Brennan have to be on run for

Comment by marcus barras – September 1, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hair tongue in cheek humor ala SNL. Are there any male fans out there?

Comment by jim r – September 3, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does it start in Australia I can’t wait!!

Comment by Tamara – September 8, 2012 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great preview! So glad to see Booth & Bones back together. Can’t wait to see how she will be exonerated! Hope the blond wig goes away soon.

Comment by Cyndie – September 13, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post