Exclusive

Days of Our Lives Exclusive: Deidre Hall Celebrates Her 4,000th Episode!

Deidre Hall made Days of Our Lives history this week when her landmark 4,000th episode of the NBC soap aired — and we have your exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the emotional celebration that ensued for the woman behind Salem’s matriarch with the most, Marlena Evans Black.

Hall, the first Days actor to reach the major milestone, was surrounded on set Thursday by countless castmates — including Alison Sweeney (Sami) and Eileen Davidson (Kristen) — crew members and five giant cakes to commemorate her unparallelled achievement (which aired on Aug. 21).

RELATED | Exclusive: Eileen Davidson on Her ‘Heartwarming’ Days Return

Click through the shots below for a glimpse into Hall’s much-deserved tribute, and then hit the comments with your congrats!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Daytime TV, Exclusive, First Look, Photo Gallery

1. Josh says:

I know this post is about celebrating Deidre’s 4000th show, but I got very excited seeing Eileen Davidson back with the Salem gang. Can’t wait for her to be back!

• Comesy Bob-Manuel says:

Congratulation Mrs Hall,hope to see you in more of the episode to came,you are one great and beautiful actress.My congrat to your twin sister too,because some times she plays you on the show.God,s blessings.

• Sandi says:

I’m really happy for you Deidre Hall dr.marlena Evans Brady Black that really cool
        Your doing awesome job on Days of our lives. I sad to see that Peter Reckell
        Bo Brady leave the show. You & John & Bo & Hope are my favorite on that soap .
        Once again congratultion To you deire hall for 4000th episodes.

• Princess Adora says:

Love Days! Love Deidre! But yes I’m pretty stoked for Eileen’s return too! And I must admit, I only looked through these pictures in hopes of seeing James Scott :p

2. april-ann says:

I don’t watch DOOL (maybe I should), but contratulations, Deidre! Wishing you 4000 more.

• No1_ILoveLucyFan says:

April – I started watching Days when All My Children was cancelled, and I haven’t stopped since! YouTube is a great place to catch up on old storylines and who’s-who. Start watching – this show is amazing!

• OMG ,, Deidre Hall is till on the show , have not watched this in decades , but remember when I was little staying home sick just to watch her play herself and an evil twin :)

3. b says:

Congrats! I’ve watched Days since I was a child

4. Jess says:

omgosh, wow!!!

5. Chloe says:

I’ve watched Days for 44 years. I love Deidre and I wish her 4000 more episodes! On a side note, I’m so happy to see Aloma Wright in the photos – bringing Maxine back was a great move!!!

• pamelia kopf says:

I’ve watchedDays for many many years i was only 14 when i would get off my school bus and run home turn on the tv.and watch it. I truely love days,and all the cast,congrates Deidre

6. Wendy H says:

Not to belittle the accomplishment of Ms Hall but are you sure that she is the first to reach the 4000 episode milestone? What about Frances Reid or Susan Seaforth Hayes?

7. congrats Deidre i have watched days since i was a child and i have to say you and Alison Sweeney are my favorites on the show i am a major fan of you guys

8. been watching Day’s since was 13, so early 80’s LOVE Deidre Hall & Wayne Northrup they were my favorite, LOVE Drake now

9. melody says:

I have watched days since i was a kid (30 something years)
    . I love all of them (even stephano).

10. Diane Baty says:

I have watched Days for 44 years and Deidre is one of my “hero’s”. Days cast are like part of my family. Congratulations Deidre!!

11. Rhonda says:

Congrats to a fabulous daytime performer on her 4000th episode with DOOL. Wow. Have been a huge Marlena fan for decades. Hope Ms Hall is continues on the show for many years to come.

12. Leslye says:

Would love to see all the pictures, but they will not load.

13. Dee says:

do not watch anymore can not stand the younger set– would you believe she is 65

14. Belinda Sprinkle says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I THINK I MIGHT HAVE SEEN EVERY ONE OF THEM!!! My Mama use to watch you when I was younger and got me hooked!!! Love the show and all the cast!!! Congrats again and don’t stop now!!!!

15. Betty Keeney says:

4000 episodes……….wow! Congratulations Deidre. I have watched every single one, since the beginning.

16. Jeannie says:

Love “Days”, Congrats to Deidre Hall and her 4000th episodes!!! I love all the cast!!! I’m sooo glad I can watch my show again after the Olympics!!! Don’t do that to us “Days” Fans again!!!! That was Brutal!!!! I am soo glad The Phoenix is back and with a vengence against Kate!! She’s one that drives me Crazy!!!!! But Love to hate her!! lol I feel soo bad for Brady too! Love him!! But I didn’t feel Madison was right for him!

17. Sue says:

I have watched DAYS OF OUR LIVES for many, many years. I was in the 6th grade when I started watching. Congrats to Deidre for a job well done.

18. Carrie says:

Congrats Diedre and everyone at DOOL! Love this show! My mom watched from Day 1 and got me hooked early on, been watching ever since!!!!

19. Congrats to you for your 4,000 episode, Deidre Hall & for your wonderful acting on Days of Our Lives. I’ve been a fan over 40 years & love the show.

20. Lynn Embrey says:

Congratulations! I remember the FIRST time they tried to kill you off…I was so upset I actually called NBC and told some random operator that they just couldn’t do that! I think I was 13?

21. Taylyn Bill says:

Congratulations Dee!!!! We are all so Proud of you. I have been watching Days since i was 2(13 years) and you are my favorite. Happy 4000. <3

22. Annette "Jamie" Alderman says:

congrats Deidre! jamie

23. Karen R. says:

Congrats! I have been watching Days for the last 28 years (when I was 8), and have really enjoyed your character (except the devil part, had to close my eyes…LOL)! I’m so glad your back, I cried when you left! What’s funny is that my girls are now watching DOOL and they are 15 and 13! They get upset when I get to watch it first, and they have to wait until after school. :)

24. Days of Our Lives has always been part of my daily life ever since I was 8 years old in 1968. I remember when she came to days. We did not have VCR’s or DVD’s or anything else to tape it back then but I sure remember skipping school over the years to watch it. LOL. I will always be a fan, My mom was, I am and now my dgt is. DOOL forever.

25. Carmee Ross says:

Congratulations to Deidre…been a fan since she first appeared on Days! Been watching since I was a child w/my Mom. Still love it!

26. Deborah says:

Congrat. LOVE THE SHOW LOVE THE HOLE CAST.

27. Nicky H says:

Congratulations Deidre!! I love you & Marlena has always been the character I identified with the most, even when I was in school years ago. :)

28. Phyllis says:

I love all of the gang one is as good as the other. I hope your on for a long long time. Congrats.on your accomplishment.

29. wendy dickel says:

Congrats deidre hall.i have always admired your acting and have been a fan of DOOL since 1965 and i am now in my late 50’s. Thank goodness for PVR’s so I will never miss an episode.good luck for another 4,000 episodes .

30. Sue Jansen says:

Congratulations Deidre !!! And to the rest of the cast , thank you for transporting me to a new world for an hour each day !!! As a cancer survivor, I make sure my Doctors appointments do not interfer with MY show!!!

31. Sharon says:

CONGRATULATIONS DEIDRE ! YOU ARE “BEAUTIFUL “. I’VE BEEN WATCHING SINCE YOU FIRST CAME ON THE SHOW. LOVE YA !

32. Amy says:

I’ve watched Days since I was 8 years old! That makes it 20 years now! Congrats Deidre! It has been awesome watching you through the years and I am so glad you’re back. =) -Amy

33. Vickie Nau says:

Congratulations, Diedra! What an accomplishment! I love DOOL so much that I tape it every day. Keep it up!!!

34. Judy Rhodes says:

Congratulations to the woman who exudes class and is one ot the best actors in daytime or any other place. I have watched the show since 1970, and have loved her character like a sister. I have even picked up some of her mannerisms over the years. Love you Deidre, and thank you for all the sweet escapes I get to take to a place called Salem, USA!

35. Mary Grouse says:

I’ve watched since Day 1, it’s always been my absolute favorite soap. Congratulations Deidre on an amazing job. Thank you so much for such a wonderful character; she’s so warm, wise, loving and gorgeous too. Hope DOOL is on forever.

36. Louise says:

Congratulations Diedre, I have loved DOOL since I started watching in 1974. Love all the characters, but especially you. Keep up the good work.

37. Deborah says:

Congratulations. I am so happy Deidra came back to the show. I hope this show goes on forever. I watched since it came on all those years ago. I was pregnant at the same time Marlena was with Belle. My daughter grew up watching Days. It’s as much a part of our family as any member. We all share stories and memories from the show and we celebrate holidays and grieve for those who are no longer here.

38. William says:

I can remember as far back as grade school watching it with my mother. The oldest part I remember is when Mickey (Marty I think at the time, due to amnesia,) had given Maggie her red dancing shoes. So it has been like 30-40 years of watching Days. Like family to me also.

39. Steven says:

I began watching this show as a young boy in the mid-nineties, lost it as a preteen, and regained my love for it almost 3 years ago. But as a child, I remember idolizing this woman – she is one of the people who influenced me toward acting. And then early in 2011, the most amazing thing happened – I was lucky enough to wait on Deidre Hall at the restaurant I work in. She is gracious, courteous, full of life – she even offered me an autograph AND a photo! An absolute joy of a lady. Ms. Hall, congratulations – you deserve it.

40. Lori Y says:

Congrats Deidra,here’s to another 4000!!!Love you & Drake together too!!!

41. Pat Trucchio says:

I too use to watch Days when I was younger with my mom. But then I lost a lot raising children and working we couldn’t record back then, but now I can and I don’t miss one. Congrad’s Dee I always admired you, hope you stay on and on.

42. vanessa says:

I love Deidre! I love Days! I have been watching Days 40 years! I don’t miss a day. Love it all! Congratulations Deidre keep up the good work!

43. I started watching DOOL in the beginning with my mom & have continued to now when I’m in my 60’s. Tried other soaps but none kept my interest like DOOL. Been on cruises with MacDonald Carey, Melissa Brennan, Joe Mascolo, & many others. Congrats Deidre!!!

44. Lorraine says:

Congratulations Deidre!!! I have been watching you from the beginning. Remember
    your twin sister episodes? Please do not leave. WE need you and the rest of the crew
    to stay. Always someone returns from the dead. So much fun to watch best soap on
    tv ever!!!

45. Congratulations Deidre for a job well done!!!

46. Sue P says:

DAYS became a guilty pleasure for me 18 years ago when I had my first child and stayed home to care for her. I planned her lunch at noon and nap at 1:00 so I could sit quietly and eat my lunch with the whole DAYS family. Fast forward 18 years, I still watch everyday but in the evenings, thanks to the ability to tape. Sometimes my husband watches too. He rolls his eyes but I know he loves it.

47. No1_ILoveLucyFan says:

Kristen is back, Stefano is back (again), Eric is back…it’s so fun to watch this show!! LOVE IT!!! Come on NBC – give them a 5 year renewal so they can do nice long umbrella storylines with character driven plots!! WE WANT MORE DAYS!!!

48. Tamy Eliseo says:

Congratulations Deidre! So happy your back on Days! Here’s to 4000 more episodes!

49. Barbara Rourke says:

I have been a fan of days since it’s Premier in 1965. Marlena an John truly are my favorites along with sami and bo an hhope..you r such a classy women and a wonderful actress. Congratulations..you deserve all the phase and honor..stay forever on days..we all love you.

50. Jane says:

Congratulations, Deidre on your 4,000th episode. You are awesome. And I love you with Drake as well.