Days of Our Lives Exclusive: Deidre Hall Celebrates Her 4,000th Episode!

Deidre Hall made Days of Our Lives history this week when her landmark 4,000th episode of the NBC soap aired — and we have your exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the emotional celebration that ensued for the woman behind Salem’s matriarch with the most, Marlena Evans Black.

Hall, the first Days actor to reach the major milestone, was surrounded on set Thursday by countless castmates — including Alison Sweeney (Sami) and Eileen Davidson (Kristen) — crew members and five giant cakes to commemorate her unparallelled achievement (which aired on Aug. 21).

RELATED | Exclusive: Eileen Davidson on Her ‘Heartwarming’ Days Return

Click through the shots below for a glimpse into Hall’s much-deserved tribute, and then hit the comments with your congrats!

Comments (80)

• I know this post is about celebrating Deidre’s 4000th show, but I got very excited seeing Eileen Davidson back with the Salem gang. Can’t wait for her to be back!

Comment by Josh – August 24, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Congratulation Mrs Hall,hope to see you in more of the episode to came,you are one great and beautiful actress.My congrat to your twin sister too,because some times she plays you on the show.God,s blessings.

Comment by Comesy Bob-Manuel – August 27, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m really happy for you Deidre Hall dr.marlena Evans Brady Black that really cool
        Your doing awesome job on Days of our lives. I sad to see that Peter Reckell
        Bo Brady leave the show. You & John & Bo & Hope are my favorite on that soap .
        Once again congratultion To you deire hall for 4000th episodes.

Comment by Sandi – November 21, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Days! Love Deidre! But yes I’m pretty stoked for Eileen’s return too! And I must admit, I only looked through these pictures in hopes of seeing James Scott :p

Comment by Princess Adora – August 28, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yay! Eileen is coming back…didn’t know until I read these posts!!

Comment by Tammy – September 1, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch DOOL (maybe I should), but contratulations, Deidre! Wishing you 4000 more.

Comment by april-ann – August 24, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • April – I started watching Days when All My Children was cancelled, and I haven’t stopped since! YouTube is a great place to catch up on old storylines and who’s-who. Start watching – this show is amazing!

Comment by No1_ILoveLucyFan – August 25, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG ,, Deidre Hall is till on the show , have not watched this in decades , but remember when I was little staying home sick just to watch her play herself and an evil twin :)

Comment by Joseph Angelo – August 26, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Diedre’s real-life twin played her twin….Not Diedre.

Comment by JenInChicago – August 27, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats! I’ve watched Days since I was a child

Comment by b – August 24, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omgosh, wow!!!

Comment by Jess – August 24, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched Days for 44 years. I love Deidre and I wish her 4000 more episodes! On a side note, I’m so happy to see Aloma Wright in the photos – bringing Maxine back was a great move!!!

Comment by Chloe – August 24, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve watchedDays for many many years i was only 14 when i would get off my school bus and run home turn on the tv.and watch it. I truely love days,and all the cast,congrates Deidre

Comment by pamelia kopf – August 24, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not to belittle the accomplishment of Ms Hall but are you sure that she is the first to reach the 4000 episode milestone? What about Frances Reid or Susan Seaforth Hayes?

Comment by Wendy H – August 24, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • or maggie

Comment by robbie – August 24, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This kinda stuff has been tracked over on jason47′s website. Through last year, Frances Reid only had 3300 episodes and Suzanne Rogers had 2400. The only one that comes close to Deidre Hall is her costar Drake Hogysten, Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso.

Comment by DV – August 24, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true cause Frances Reed as been on the show since the beginning

Comment by Roberta Lee Morgan McLaurin – August 24, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • congrats Deidre i have watched days since i was a child and i have to say you and Alison Sweeney are my favorites on the show i am a major fan of you guys

Comment by Shannon Wildey-Stalter – August 24, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Ali and Deidre too :)

Comment by Sunset – August 24, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • been watching Day’s since was 13, so early 80′s LOVE Deidre Hall & Wayne Northrup they were my favorite, LOVE Drake now

Comment by Melissa Phillips – August 24, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched days since i was a kid (30 something years)
    . I love all of them (even stephano).

Comment by melody – August 24, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched Days for 44 years and Deidre is one of my “hero’s”. Days cast are like part of my family. Congratulations Deidre!!

Comment by Diane Baty – August 24, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats to a fabulous daytime performer on her 4000th episode with DOOL. Wow. Have been a huge Marlena fan for decades. Hope Ms Hall is continues on the show for many years to come.

Comment by Rhonda – August 24, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CONGRATULATIONS mARLENA, HAVE WATCHED THIS SHOW SINCE THE EARLY70;S, NEVER GOT BORED. FAVORITE SHOW OF ALL TIME

Comment by JOAN – August 24, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see all the pictures, but they will not load.

Comment by Leslye – August 24, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • do not watch anymore can not stand the younger set– would you believe she is 65

Comment by Dee – August 24, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!! I THINK I MIGHT HAVE SEEN EVERY ONE OF THEM!!! My Mama use to watch you when I was younger and got me hooked!!! Love the show and all the cast!!! Congrats again and don’t stop now!!!!

Comment by Belinda Sprinkle – August 24, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 4000 episodes……….wow! Congratulations Deidre. I have watched every single one, since the beginning.

Comment by Betty Keeney – August 24, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love “Days”, Congrats to Deidre Hall and her 4000th episodes!!! I love all the cast!!! I’m sooo glad I can watch my show again after the Olympics!!! Don’t do that to us “Days” Fans again!!!! That was Brutal!!!! I am soo glad The Phoenix is back and with a vengence against Kate!! She’s one that drives me Crazy!!!!! But Love to hate her!! lol I feel soo bad for Brady too! Love him!! But I didn’t feel Madison was right for him!

Comment by Jeannie – August 24, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched DAYS OF OUR LIVES for many, many years. I was in the 6th grade when I started watching. Congrats to Deidre for a job well done.

Comment by Sue – August 24, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats Diedre and everyone at DOOL! Love this show! My mom watched from Day 1 and got me hooked early on, been watching ever since!!!!

Comment by Carrie – August 24, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats to you for your 4,000 episode, Deidre Hall & for your wonderful acting on Days of Our Lives. I’ve been a fan over 40 years & love the show.

Comment by Arlene Krulewich – August 24, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations! I remember the FIRST time they tried to kill you off…I was so upset I actually called NBC and told some random operator that they just couldn’t do that! I think I was 13?

Comment by Lynn Embrey – August 24, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Dee!!!! We are all so Proud of you. I have been watching Days since i was 2(13 years) and you are my favorite. Happy 4000. <3

Comment by Taylyn Bill – August 24, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • congrats Deidre! jamie

Comment by Annette "Jamie" Alderman – August 24, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats! I have been watching Days for the last 28 years (when I was 8), and have really enjoyed your character (except the devil part, had to close my eyes…LOL)! I’m so glad your back, I cried when you left! What’s funny is that my girls are now watching DOOL and they are 15 and 13! They get upset when I get to watch it first, and they have to wait until after school. :)

Comment by Karen R. – August 24, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Days of Our Lives has always been part of my daily life ever since I was 8 years old in 1968. I remember when she came to days. We did not have VCR’s or DVD’s or anything else to tape it back then but I sure remember skipping school over the years to watch it. LOL. I will always be a fan, My mom was, I am and now my dgt is. DOOL forever.

Comment by Holly Todd Ronshausen Moorehead – August 24, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations to Deidre…been a fan since she first appeared on Days! Been watching since I was a child w/my Mom. Still love it!

Comment by Carmee Ross – August 24, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrat. LOVE THE SHOW LOVE THE HOLE CAST.

Comment by Deborah – August 24, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Deidre!! I love you & Marlena has always been the character I identified with the most, even when I was in school years ago. :)

Comment by Nicky H – August 24, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all of the gang one is as good as the other. I hope your on for a long long time. Congrats.on your accomplishment.

Comment by Phyllis – August 24, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats deidre hall.i have always admired your acting and have been a fan of DOOL since 1965 and i am now in my late 50′s. Thank goodness for PVR’s so I will never miss an episode.good luck for another 4,000 episodes .

Comment by wendy dickel – August 24, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Deidre !!! And to the rest of the cast , thank you for transporting me to a new world for an hour each day !!! As a cancer survivor, I make sure my Doctors appointments do not interfer with MY show!!!

Comment by Sue Jansen – August 24, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CONGRATULATIONS DEIDRE ! YOU ARE “BEAUTIFUL “. I’VE BEEN WATCHING SINCE YOU FIRST CAME ON THE SHOW. LOVE YA !

Comment by Sharon – August 24, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched Days since I was 8 years old! That makes it 20 years now! Congrats Deidre! It has been awesome watching you through the years and I am so glad you’re back. =) -Amy

Comment by Amy – August 24, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations, Diedra! What an accomplishment! I love DOOL so much that I tape it every day. Keep it up!!!

Comment by Vickie Nau – August 24, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations to the woman who exudes class and is one ot the best actors in daytime or any other place. I have watched the show since 1970, and have loved her character like a sister. I have even picked up some of her mannerisms over the years. Love you Deidre, and thank you for all the sweet escapes I get to take to a place called Salem, USA!

Comment by Judy Rhodes – August 24, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched since Day 1, it’s always been my absolute favorite soap. Congratulations Deidre on an amazing job. Thank you so much for such a wonderful character; she’s so warm, wise, loving and gorgeous too. Hope DOOL is on forever.

Comment by Mary Grouse – August 24, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Diedre, I have loved DOOL since I started watching in 1974. Love all the characters, but especially you. Keep up the good work.

Comment by Louise – August 24, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations. I am so happy Deidra came back to the show. I hope this show goes on forever. I watched since it came on all those years ago. I was pregnant at the same time Marlena was with Belle. My daughter grew up watching Days. It’s as much a part of our family as any member. We all share stories and memories from the show and we celebrate holidays and grieve for those who are no longer here.

Comment by Deborah – August 24, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can remember as far back as grade school watching it with my mother. The oldest part I remember is when Mickey (Marty I think at the time, due to amnesia,) had given Maggie her red dancing shoes. So it has been like 30-40 years of watching Days. Like family to me also.

Comment by William – August 24, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I began watching this show as a young boy in the mid-nineties, lost it as a preteen, and regained my love for it almost 3 years ago. But as a child, I remember idolizing this woman – she is one of the people who influenced me toward acting. And then early in 2011, the most amazing thing happened – I was lucky enough to wait on Deidre Hall at the restaurant I work in. She is gracious, courteous, full of life – she even offered me an autograph AND a photo! An absolute joy of a lady. Ms. Hall, congratulations – you deserve it.

Comment by Steven – August 25, 2012 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats Deidra,here’s to another 4000!!!Love you & Drake together too!!!

Comment by Lori Y – August 25, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too use to watch Days when I was younger with my mom. But then I lost a lot raising children and working we couldn’t record back then, but now I can and I don’t miss one. Congrad’s Dee I always admired you, hope you stay on and on.

Comment by Pat Trucchio – August 25, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Deidre! I love Days! I have been watching Days 40 years! I don’t miss a day. Love it all! Congratulations Deidre keep up the good work!

Comment by vanessa – August 25, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started watching DOOL in the beginning with my mom & have continued to now when I’m in my 60′s. Tried other soaps but none kept my interest like DOOL. Been on cruises with MacDonald Carey, Melissa Brennan, Joe Mascolo, & many others. Congrats Deidre!!!

Comment by Barbara Engen – August 25, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Deidre!!! I have been watching you from the beginning. Remember
    your twin sister episodes? Please do not leave. WE need you and the rest of the crew
    to stay. Always someone returns from the dead. So much fun to watch best soap on
    tv ever!!!

Comment by Lorraine – August 25, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Deidre for a job well done!!!

Comment by Barbara Engen – August 25, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAYS became a guilty pleasure for me 18 years ago when I had my first child and stayed home to care for her. I planned her lunch at noon and nap at 1:00 so I could sit quietly and eat my lunch with the whole DAYS family. Fast forward 18 years, I still watch everyday but in the evenings, thanks to the ability to tape. Sometimes my husband watches too. He rolls his eyes but I know he loves it.

Comment by Sue P – August 25, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen is back, Stefano is back (again), Eric is back…it’s so fun to watch this show!! LOVE IT!!! Come on NBC – give them a 5 year renewal so they can do nice long umbrella storylines with character driven plots!! WE WANT MORE DAYS!!!

Comment by No1_ILoveLucyFan – August 25, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Deidre! So happy your back on Days! Here’s to 4000 more episodes!

Comment by Tamy Eliseo – August 25, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been a fan of days since it’s Premier in 1965. Marlena an John truly are my favorites along with sami and bo an hhope..you r such a classy women and a wonderful actress. Congratulations..you deserve all the phase and honor..stay forever on days..we all love you.

Comment by Barbara Rourke – August 25, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations, Deidre on your 4,000th episode. You are awesome. And I love you with Drake as well.

Comment by Jane – August 25, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post