Exclusive

Exclusive Castle Sneak Peek: The First Photo of Season 5 Is Quite a Puzzle

Rick and Kate may’ve ended last season in the throes of passion, but the first image of the pair from Castle‘s Season 5 premiere is all business and very little pleasure.

RELATED | Castle Boss on the Morning After: ‘The Fun and Conflict Only Escalate’

The following first look at the ABC drama’s Sept. 24 opener, titled “After the Storm,” shows Castle & Co. attempting to piece together a shredded file that may contain a clue about the murder of Beckett’s mother.

“I don’t know if [that mystery] is going to get resolved [this season],” hedged Nathan Fillion last month at Comic-Con. “That whole plot line is such a wonderful locomotive that keeps things moving.”

VIDEO | Nathan Fillion Says Castle and Beckett Are ‘In It to Win It’

From the looks of the image below, the train appears to be slowing down as Castle zeroes in on what could be a breakthrough. Or is he just trying to draw attention away from him and Beckett, lest Esposito and Ryan pick up on any post-coital tension? Thoughts?!

Castle Season 5

1. ALBERT SOREN says:

Eagerly waiting to See CASTLE & KATE ONCE AGAIN SHOW THEIR MAGIC TO SOLVE THE CRITICAL CASES

2. shelley says:

From the expression on Esposito, he knows something’s up!

3. Sai Sreekar says:

shame on you guys…. i already know what’s gonna happen…..\\m//

4. Brandy says:

So glad to see the Castle crew back at work and working hard to bring us awesomeness! Thank you guys for your talent and dedication! I can hardly contain myself waiting for season 5! Yay! :)

5. Rosie Stout says:

It has been a long wait – but glad it is almost here! I love the dynamic between Kate and Rick. This is a great cast, and the writers just seem to ‘get it’…. Always leave us wanting more!!!!!!!!!!

6. Rachael says:

Why are they doing it at Castle’s loft and not the precinct?

• alieh86 says:

They’re actually at Beckett’s. You can see her kitchen in the background. As for the reason they are not at the precinct… I think has to do with the fact that Espo is most likely still on suspention and Beckett is not back either.

7. Sole says:

me encanta castle!!! Seguro sera una temporada muy divertida llena de enredos muy comica!!

8. Leona Palski says:

I’m totally reading something different here. Ryan and Espo know somethings up! Look at Kates look…she Looks like she’s hiding something…I think it looks like they are all sitting in
    a very tense,,..I’m afraid to look at anyone for fear of giving myself away….setting….no one looks like they are uttering their usual banter….I can feel the tension just from looking at this…wish they’d quit torturing us and start the season early! lol

9. Anastasia says:

to me this moment on the pic looks just before Castle an Beckett start talking together(you remember how they always pouse and then saying something together-solving a mistery)

10. navin says:

Stana Katic lovers just watch For Lovers Only …… she is stunning in that movie…