CBS Sneak Peeks: How I Met Your Mother's Groom Problem, Big Bang Theory Date Night

Only about a month remains before the CBS comedies are back, and we’ve got a sneak peek at the laugh-filled season premieres of How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory.

RELATED | Big Bang Theory Makes ‘Stuart’ a Series Regular

The future and the past will collide in HIMYM‘s return, airing Monday, Sept. 24 at 8/7c, when Robin’s nerves get the best of her on her wedding day and Ted recounts the time he insisted on leaving Victoria’s jilted fiancé Klaus (guest star Thomas Lennon) a note. Meanwhile, Lily and Marshall are forced to calm another groom — Barney!

Over on Big Bang‘s premiere on Thursday, Sept. 27 at 8 pm, everyone’s on a date, leaving Raj to face his loneliness. As for Wolowitz, even space can’t save him from getting caught in a fight between his new bride Bernadette and his mother.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. carolinagirl says:

Can’t wait for BBT to premiere!! It is time for the show to give Raj a lady friend! I read somewhere that it was a distinct possibility this season. Sure hope so!

2. jwahl22222 says:

You know with all the former cast members of “ROSEANNE” when Howards mom is revealed it turns out to be Roseanne Barr in fat suit….

3. justsomegirl says:

I can not wait for my favorite comedies BBT and HIMYM to come back! I got so much to look forward to in September :) Can’t wait to see some more Barney/Robin, Leonard/Penny, and Sheldon/Amy moments.

4. justsomegirl...exceptnowshe'spissed says:

Damn it, I just read somewhere that “something big that’s supposed to blow ppl’s minds” involves Robin AND Ted. If this is another hookup then I am going to be pisssssssed. They wrapped up their relationship (or lack thereof) perfectly in No Pressure. Why in the HELL are they mucking them up again! HIMYM writers, you have been doing so well, please don’t mess up BRotp by bringing up old issues that really don’t even matter anymore! >:(

• I REALLY hope that that’s a rumor and that the real mind-blowing reveal is related to the mother. Or something else that I can’t think of right now.

• justsomegirl says:

@Sarah Elizabeth Ann, unfortunately, this is not a rumor. I’ve read this spoiler on two legitimate sites now. However, now that I had some time to myself to think about it, the possibility of Robin/Ted hooking up doesn’t seem so likely. How they put it: “Something very important happened BEFORE the wedding and yes, it does involve Robin AND Ted”. Hopefully, the writers are smart enough to know that ppl are going to immediately assume Robin and Ted hooked up, so when they show the premiere, that episode won’t be so mind blowing anymore. So maybe, they’ll go a different route with Robin and Ted that DOES NOT involve romance, but could potentially still screw up Barney and Robin’s wedding. I hope it’s this, HIMYM writers love to confuse us and throw twists in the way, maybe this is one of them. As long as Ted and Robin don’t hook up, I’ll be fine with whatever this mind blowing thing is.

5. Jess says:

why does Sheldon’s hair looks so funky? Anyway, can’t wait for HIMYM and TBBT!

6. Raj facing his loneliness – I know exactly how he feels. Except he’s been on dates.

In a way I’m not surprised that Barney is trying to escape his wedding. Hopefully Marshall and Lily remind him that Robin is awesome and being married to her won’t be so bad.