Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Glee Exec Promises New Romance For Finn, Touts a Not-That-Innocent Rachel

Glee isn’t just rebooting itself in Season 4, it’s rebooting its leading lady, too!

“Rachel’s not innocent anymore,” previews executive producer Brad Falchuk of Lea Michele’s college freshman. “It’s nice to write her a little stronger.”

Helping to bring Rachel out of her shell will be her determined new suitor Brody (played by Dean Geyer). “She’s now not coming from a place when she met Finn, where she was like this totally insecure, annoying little girl,” he says. “Now she’s a woman and she’s been through a lot and she’s achieved a lot. So she approaches boys differently, with a different kind of confidence and a different kind of maturity. There’s not as much, ‘Don’t mention sex.’”

RELATED | Kurt and Blaine’s First (and Second) Obstacle Revealed

Regarding the new guy her in life, Falchuk notes that he’s “so different” from Finn. “He has the same kind of kindness and sweetness, but he’s a very different kind of person,” he says. “It’s great to write Rachel with somebody different.”

Where does all this leave ‘Finchel,’ who ended the season essentially broken up? The EP says the split “will stick” — for now at least. “I want Rachel and Finn to have a happy ending,” he insists. “I think the idea is that maybe they end up together, but a lot can change. As we write we might discover something interesting. It’s definitely not going to get better anytime soon for those two.”

RELATED | Good News, Bad News For Will/Emma Fans

In the meantime, Rachel has Brody, and Finn has…. ? “Undetermined at this point,” says Falchuk. “But he will have someone. He will definitely have someone.”

Thoughts? Are you in favor of the, ahem, new directions Glee is sending Rachel and Finn? And who would you like to see Finn paired with? Hit the comments!

Comments (520)

• I want Rachel to explore other options but I cannot picture Finn with another girl. I know this is weird

Comment by LilAngel – August 23, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finchel is my OTP but if Rachel has a new romance, I definitely want another love interest for Finn. He needs to be with someone who’s not always putting him down like Quinn and someone who’s a little low maintenance than Rachel. I’d love for a sweet girl to fall for him.

Comment by Deidre – August 23, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, ew.

Comment by megan – August 23, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, it’s only fair.

Comment by Laura – August 23, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. If Rachel is going to have another love interest, give a new love interest for Finn too. They always give new LI for Rachel while Finn had to be stuck with Quinn F**king Fabray, the worst of all girlfriends.

Comment by Pri – August 23, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes I absolutely agree. It makes it more balanced to give Finn a love interest as well. Quinn was horrible to him, he deserves another person to recognize what a good person he is!

Comment by brooke – August 23, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Because Finn was so nice to her, right? lol Whatever. Take off the blinders. Finn is a horrible character and has done the most to hurt people. Just because he sings a song to make it better does not mean anything.

Comment by f1a2t3e4 – August 25, 2012 09:31 AM PDT
          • Agreed. Quinn was aweful. He did wrong by her too. But Quinn lied to the core of manipulation and her deceit was the worst one could do. Hers was absolute selfishness and hatefulness.

Comment by sky – August 26, 2012 04:19 PM PDT
        • I agree that he should get someone new but do not insult Quinn cause she’s been through more than any of the others!!!!

Comment by Lina.FabrevansLover – August 24, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And aren’t experiences supposed to change you? Quinn is exactly the same, and it’s ridiculous.

Comment by Lynn – August 24, 2012 02:55 PM PDT
          • She still is the same. Self serving and hoorah for me. One thing about Quinn season 3 karma hit her well. Mr Schue had to remind her that Mercedes took her in with no obvious on screen appreciation since. I just to this day don’t understand why Finn forgave and forgot Quinn’s deceit and went back with her season 2. The contrite and forced half-hearted friendship between Quinn and Rachel just falls flat to me. If you can’t tell, Quinn is not a favorite character of mine. If she doesn’t return I won’t be sad. Dianna Agron has played her well and deserves recognition for that. I wish Dianna much success in her future endeavors.

Comment by srb – August 26, 2012 04:28 PM PDT
      • Nooo…. i prefer Finchel

Comment by Angy – August 23, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Mine also. We all watch the show and see different things in the characters. I saw that Finn and Rachel were the ones I would root for since the pilot. That has not changed in 3 seasons.

Comment by srb – August 26, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree finchel forever<3

Comment by Emily – November 20, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree!!!!

Comment by Maria Lígia – December 18, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, i want finchel to last!! they need to stay together! They are perfect! <3

Comment by melynda – February 15, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • FINCHEL!!!!!! <3

Comment by melynda – February 15, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finchel is your otp?
        …gross.

Comment by Kitten Monkey – August 23, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What is OTP?

Comment by Esther – August 24, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • One True Pairing-soulmates Just what the show has been showing. Funeral episode season 2.

Comment by srb – August 26, 2012 04:33 PM PDT
      • Finn needs to be kept away from women at all times.

Comment by Ann – August 23, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hey, you.

I like you.

Comment by Mia – August 24, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • wot the bloody hell????? Quinn is a 100 times better than annoying Rachael who cant put the spotlight on anyone else for even a minute…

Comment by G-one Shaw – August 24, 2012 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Quinn is no different with being selfish just like Rachel. Even Puck said so that she was worse than Rachel. Karma has hit all the characters at one time or another, when it was due. Rachel, Finn, Quinn, Puck, Mr Shue, Santana, Kurt, Karofsky, Sam, Mercedes, etc. They are all flawed characters. Rachel took a while before she learned from her mistakes. Finn too. Puck didn’t care. Santana finally faced her music. Quinn never learned from her mistakes. She still remained selfish and self serving until the end of season 3.

Comment by srb – August 26, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • eres idiota o tu mente no te funsiona RACHEL es la mejor

Comment by marck montemallor galvan – August 27, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can’t stand Finchelettes who say “Finchel is my OTP!!!1!” and then insult Rachel. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

Comment by OTP is Bee & Short Stack – August 25, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I cannot picture Finn with another girl either. Like, who would want to date someone like that? Poor poor judgement

Comment by amoeba – August 23, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He’s played by Cory Monteith. Do you have eyes?

Comment by Jenn – August 23, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LMAO. Agree with you Jenn!!

Comment by JeniLee – August 23, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Cory Monteith is a total cutie but Finn sucks away all his attractiveness with his horrible personality.

Comment by Ann – August 23, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I adore the hunk and think he is sweet and kind but made aweful mistakes like others have.

Comment by srb – August 26, 2012 04:42 PM PDT
        • Played by Cory monteith.? So? YES WE ALL HAVE EYES, BUT DO YOU HAVE TASTE?????

Comment by Finchel sucks – August 24, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I LOVE Cory! He’s so adorable and cute and hilarious but I don’t like Finn so much… I don’t think he is the hero Rib make hime…

Comment by Lina.FabrevansLover – August 24, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yeah I actually agree. He is sweet and understanding, but quitted glee more times then any other characters.

Comment by Alyssa – August 24, 2012 06:22 PM PDT
        • I also have taste. Cory is just … no. But that’s an opinion. Cory, to me is the least attractive cast member.

Comment by Fran – August 25, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d date him, for sure. He’s cute. lol

Comment by Bobbie – August 23, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know, only 99% of the female population.

Comment by Everyone gtfo. – August 23, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I guess I’m part of the 1% who would NEVER.

Comment by Kelly – August 23, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He’s gotta leave somebody for the others. He can all monopolize them. lol

Comment by Ashley – August 23, 2012 06:22 PM PDT
          • oops “can’t” monopolize. freudian slip I guess

Comment by Ashley – August 23, 2012 06:23 PM PDT
      • @amoeba – poor you…

Comment by lola – August 23, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finn is cute, sweet, and kind. Why wouldn’t anyone want to be with him? He’s the one that I think sometimes deserved someone better than Rachel.

Comment by rose – August 23, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • but he encouraged his ex to cheat with him(Quinn), cheated on his pregnant gf(Quinn with Rachel, plus he thought that Beth was his at the time so it’s even worse), discouraged Rachel from trying to act sexy and never told her she was perfect the way she was, broke up with Rachel, then couldn’t stand the fact she found someone new (Jesse) and tried to steal her away fr om him. Twice! From my view point, as a boyfriend, I wouldn’t want to date someone as cruel as Finn. A relationship should be about mutual respect and Finn obviously didn’t respect Rachel enough to treat her right.

Comment by Emily – August 24, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’ve just listed a lot of plotlines that went down for three long years, It’s a TV show. What do you expect happens to a TV couple?

Comment by Anne B. – August 24, 2012 02:25 PM PDT
          • I agree with a lot of that but his “pregnant gf” wasn’t having HIS baby, she was having his best friend’s baby so I can’t hold that part against him.. and Finn wasn’t cruel, he’s supposed to be young, young people don’t always know what they want until they see someone else with it.

Comment by Tara – August 24, 2012 05:26 PM PDT
          • But at the time he cheated with Rachel, he thought that Quinn’s baby WAS HIS! He thought he was going to be a father and was willing to cheat on the mother of his child. Even though it wasn’t his baby, he believed it was so I couldn’t stand him after that. Also, if a man is willing to cheat on his pregnant girlfriend, what kind of man is he?

Comment by Emily – August 25, 2012 04:44 AM PDT
          • exactamando…most of all he hurt Quinn and Santanna the most…Overall, he is a doofus who is stuck up. Sam would have been a better leader than him!! Seriously annoying character

Comment by G-one Shaw – August 24, 2012 11:55 PM PDT
          • But Anne, I was mainly talking about the first two seasons. Frankly, I would rather have Rachel become a strong female rather than Finchel. This show hasn’t really given her a backbone and I think that Finn was a high school love but not one for life. He cannot match her ambition and even on a tv show, people should be with those who help them, not hinder them

Comment by Emily – August 25, 2012 04:54 AM PDT
          • @ G-one Shaw: Seriously?! Santana has nothing do to with this and if you have watched the whole show like I have you’d realize that Santana had that coming. How dare you say Finn is cruel when Santana is the character who treats others the worst? He didn’t hurt Quinn either. She did that to herself for sleeping with HIS best friend. Finn didn’t do that to her.

Comment by Adriana – August 25, 2012 05:57 AM PDT
          • @Adrianna I agree with you to a tee. Santana, Quinn and Sue were the resident b***tches of Mc Kinley. Quinn had to face karma by her mistake of being with Finn’s best friend, she got pregnant and faced being ostracized by her so-called peers who judged people(as she always did). She lied to Finn for months made him work to pay bills for any guys baby. She called him stupid and worse. The Lucy Caboosy story only made me dislike her more. Since she knew what being ostracized was like before her make over, why judge and be hateful to others, scoff at and demean others, ridicule and say terrible things to others after that. She faced all kinds of karma and deserved it. As for Santana, she is the most vicious of all. She approached Finn with a ruse to apologize only to ridicule his manhood and his self respect to the core. She left with a smirk of I got his ass good. He took it all he could stand. Without malice, as Santana had, he spoke to her about her inner feelings. Public, was wrong by BOTH of them. One is not worse than the other. So attacking Finn and his character is not right. Santana is nothing special, just a ***** just to be one and enjoys it. Ah, a life of being on top at McKinley. The rewards that they are given for being a bully, mean, crude, deceitful, hateful, condescending, etc. Being excused for their aweful behavior. The thing is that karma struck Santana too. Karma hit all of the these flawed characters at one time or another. No one was immune.

Comment by srb – August 26, 2012 06:30 PM PDT
          • @Srb I originally couldn’t be bothered to leave a comment, but after reading all your completely bias opinion and statements which have been completely written from a perspective obviously shinning Finn as a gold hero, i just have to say something.
            There’s only so much you can say to defend your favorite character, but seriously are you claiming outing somebody in the middle of the hallway in an extremely homophobic school, is the same as calling somebody names and insults? I don’t even know where to begin if you honestly feel this way. It’s one thing to prance around and live in a world where even if Finn had shot somebody by accident, you could defend him by saying hes a hero and they probably deserved it or whatever, but it’s another to completely dismiss a serious concern and problem that is NOT okay, just because you don’t want to admit your favorite character is in the wrong.

Comment by yourekiddingme – August 27, 2012 11:14 PM PDT
          • I see what you’re saying, however I would just like to say, on my part, I never said he was my hero. In fact, I don’t think any of them are heroes. They all make mistakes, that’s what humans do. Having said that, Finn didn’t mean to be disrespectful or hurt Santana, he saw the truth behind her attitude and actions, the fact that he told her what he thought when there were other people around might have not been the best way to do it, but he was actually nice. Now, Santana on the other hand just says things to hurt people, she has no respect for anybody, even for Mr. Schue. Bullying is bullying no matter what you get bullied for. Only the person target of these offenses knows what’s going on. What’s irrelevant for you may be a big deal to somebody else. It is what it is.

Comment by Adriana – August 28, 2012 06:05 PM PDT
      • Yeah, it would be awful to have a boyfriend who’s gorgeous, sweet and supportive. What a loser.

Comment by dude – August 23, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know, right!

Comment by Adriana – August 25, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know what sane person would date him. He’s selfish, narcissistic, forgetful, oblivious, destructive, redundant, and unintelligent. What a catch.

Comment by Right? – August 23, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You must be watching a different show than me. LOL

Comment by elphie – August 23, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Did you WATCH the third season? He’s such a douche.

Comment by hatefinn – August 23, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Definitely you didn’t watch the same show i watched.

Comment by Vtr – August 23, 2012 08:16 PM PDT
          • yeah! And he fed her MEAT! As someone who was a vegetarian, which is far less than a vegan, I would have killed him for feeding me something I swore I wouldn’t eat. Or at least break up with the uncaring guy who forgot about one of the character traits most well known about me. Because Rachel is known for being a vegan.

Comment by Emily – August 24, 2012 12:39 PM PDT
          • Well i think Finn is alittle misunderstood I beileve he is a great guy with a couple bad choices and not the smartest pickle in the pickle jar but I believe the hate is very unecssiary

Comment by Allison – August 24, 2012 01:55 PM PDT
        • LOL what the hell are you watching? OP is correct.

Comment by Alphie – August 27, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • don’t forget, he doesn’t wash his junk!

Comment by kate – August 23, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Apparently neither do any of the other guys on the show. I’m expecting a massive outbreak of chlamydia at McKinley any day now.

Comment by dude – August 23, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Kurt and Blaine evidently do, as they weren’t present for the lecture about genital hygiene. All the poor Glee girls hooking up with the straight guys who consider it too “gay” to clean themselves.

Comment by Ann – August 23, 2012 09:11 PM PDT
          • wow, way to make a gross serious statement about a comical scene. And oh yes, Kurt and Blaine are perfect in every possible way.

Comment by A – August 24, 2012 01:18 AM PDT
          • @A – I didn’t make a gross statement; the show did. By having Puck say something homophobic and no one correcting him. Not the first time, or the last, in season 3 that that happened.
            Kurt and Blaine aren’t perfect in any way, but apparently they wash their bodies properly.

Comment by Ann – August 24, 2012 03:34 AM PDT
        • And bad in bed!

Comment by Reed – August 23, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol i think you’re talking about quinn fabray

Comment by red – August 23, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You watch the wrong show hunny.

Comment by AnOfficialGleek – August 23, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you sure you were watching Glee?

Comment by Angy – August 23, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so.. he’s …. male??

Comment by Tarina – August 24, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What! How is Finn any of those things hes the one that held the Glee club together alot! And now in season 4 he is running the club! He cares more about Glee and his friends more than anyone else. He didnt quit Glee like some of the others did!

Comment by McKayla – January 14, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know love relationships need to be broken off for the sake of drama on TV shows. I accept that “Finchel” may not even be endgame. But I resent the implication that there is no other worthy storylines for the characters. Finn is played by Cory Monteith who is a wonderful actor and he deserves better storylines than convoluted love triangles or making him an unlikely “hero”. I want Finn of the Pilot Episode back, the one who was not afraid to be called a loser but who wanted so much to achieve something of himself. He got lost along the way, and I hope the writers pick him up and allow him to finally shine in Season 4. IMO, Cory deserves this and more.

Comment by Lisse – August 23, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 100% agreed

Comment by AnOfficialGleek – August 23, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’ve said it. 1000% true. Finn has been written as a dupe for other characters to use and treat horribly. Cory deserves a wonderful challenge to show Finn’s journey in a great storyline. Now Lea has said that Finn’s storyline is something that no one would ever think of. Now all of the love interest’s are boring trivial BS, IMO. That has been Glee’s bane. They aren’t high schoolers anymore so watching Rachel be more confident in her interactions with people is a plus . Before I say that Finn’s character should have a love interest, I want to see where his story goes first. Have to wait and see. But for the writers to just give these 2 love interests right of the bat is not gonna work for me. If they showed in the last of season 2 Tethered Finchel and season 3 emotionally bonded Finchel, it will have to take an exceptional storyline for me to accept this seasonal rotational revolving storyline. Lea seems to have a wonderful story for her to work with so we can watch Rachel blossom. Cory needs a storyline equally as powerful even more so, so that Finn can evolve into manhood with a butt load of confidence and forseeable dream emerge before his and our eyes. Love interests don’t give a character that. So, if a love interest for each of them is to show them what is better for them and what they have missed is just bunk to me. Funeral episode showed that. I’m leery of how the episodes will portray their progress. I’ve seen a big decline in the show and how its evolved already. I was so looking forward to this season. Now, with these details out as spoilers, I might be on the fence and be more sceptacle about Glee’s future in my household. Have to wait and see as always. There is never a guarantee that Finchel will be end game, not with these writers.

Comment by Sil – August 23, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. I can totally see Rachel with other guys but I can’t for the life of me picture Finn with someone else (besides Quinn obviously). Knowing how reliable Glee information is during early stages, I may never have to.

Comment by dude – August 23, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • maybe because when Finn dates other girls it’s shown as Finn actually interested in them. He has long and stable relationships. He has no problem moving on and forget about Rachel.
      but with Rachel is the opposite the writers want to make sure we can see that even though Rachel is kinda dating someone is not Finn she is actually thinking about him the whole time..

Comment by Annie – August 23, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A big part of that would be that he’s never had another real love interest on the show, whereas Rachel has had a few — mainly Jesse, but they’ve very occasionally used Puck for that as well. While those didn’t work out, they were presented as legitimate options and given real interactions.

Conversely, Finn has never had another love interest like that. Quinn and Santana, the other girls he dated (quotation marks in Santana’s case), were both clearly presented from the beginning as being completely wrong for him, and only existed to make Rachel look better.

Comment by Sean C. – August 23, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • really
        Finn has told Quinn he loved her many times. When he kisses her he saw fireworks, he stands up and defends Quinn. They had a real long relationship they genuinely liked and cared for each other. Maybe he only had one real option besides Rachel but at least he had one. With Rachel we all know she’s all about Finn even when she is making out with Puck she was actually imagining it was Finn. Puckleberry was never a real relationship they used each other and only lasted one episode. With Jesse we all knew he was playing her. I get that sometimes Quinn looking bad made Rachel looked good when it comes to the Quinn/Finn/Rachel triangle but not so much even when Rachel releaved the truth about babygate Rachel looked like the bad guy. Anyway in case you haven’t noticed anyone that dates Finn is always is going to look bad. When he cheats is ok he is just a confused teenage boy but Quinn and Rachel are evil. Rachel is always the bad guy when it comes to Finchel she is always apologizing for his feeling hurting and she has to serenade him so I don’t get your complains.

Comment by Annie – August 23, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The show always presented Quinn as the wrong choice. Initially she was the bitchy popular girl, and we were supposed to root for him to get together with Rachel; then there was the pregnancy fiasco, where she was massively deceiving him; then the awful triangle in the second half of season two, where this was repeated again (even though he was the one who convinced her to cheat on Sam, nobody ever called him on this).

Comment by Sean C. – August 23, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sean C but even as you said Quinn was an angel Finn still loved her. He had a long and stable relationship with Quinn You may not like Quinn as Finn’s girlfriend but you can’t change the fact that Finn dated her twice and he was serious about their relationship.

Comment by joey – August 23, 2012 02:25 PM PDT
          • But she was never presented as a legitimate contender by the show. Viewers were always supposed to want him to get back together with Rachel, and it was always emphasized that Finn and Quinn were incompatible in some way (her just being a bitch, the baby lie, etc.).

It’s not about me “not liking” her as Finn’s girlfriend. I’ve come to despise Finn as a character (after originally having him as one of my favourites), so these days I’d be perfectly happy to see him alone. But it’s nevertheless true that Quinn was only ever used as the supposedly-less-appealing alternative to Rachel.

Comment by Sean C. – August 23, 2012 02:29 PM PDT
    • I totally agree. I feel like it cheapens or takes away from the completely selfless act of settint her free to ny. It’s supposed to show how much he loves her. It doesn’t mean as much if he moves on to love someone else.

Comment by heather – August 23, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So Ryan Murphy initiated stage 1 to kill Glee: Tell everyone Rachel, Finn and Kurt wouldn’t be back on Glee. Now Brad Falchuk has stage 2: troll one of your biggest fan bases (already unsure about Finn being absent for the first episodes, not unlike season 3 which already lost me as the regular Gleek because Finn’s SL was non existent). The Glee showrunners think they are so smart generating buzz but at the end of the show people may well point at this crying wolf and contradictory messages. I for one will just wait and watch Finn on tumblr, can’t go through another season like last. Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all…

Comment by sarah – August 23, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not weird at all lol I feel the same way

Comment by Sarah – August 24, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my thoughts exactly! funny, right?!

Comment by melbtvs – August 24, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wasn’t brody with Quinn at the end there??? If brody’s with Rachel then Quinn and Finn will eventually hook up again …. that’s my opinion

Comment by Nickie Naicker Asplund – August 24, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Okay so this is my theory!! Finn was constantly pingponging backwards and forwards between Quinn and Rachel and it never seemed like he actually knew what he wanted. I think he’s going to be hurt be how quickly Rachel bounces back and hooks up with Brody that he goes and runs after Quinn again…although I don’t see her agreeing to it. Idk…I still sniff something Fabrevansish coming up…Remember that little “I’m going to marry you one day” ring? Yeahhhh, Well I don’t think the writers just threw that little plotline out there for nothing to never come back to it. They made it seem small and insignificant, but I think it will be like an Ohhhhhhh yeahhh I remember that now type of thing moment when he brings it up. When Sam comes back after Quinn and relights the whole I’m gonna marry you thing (that whole Samcedes thing was a load of unrealistic bullS*** in my opinion) and yeahhh then I see a Finn/Quinn/Sam love triangle. While Rachel is getting it on with Brody…but eventually Finn and Rachel are both going to realize that they have made a mistake and they were meant for one another, they each dump their respective partners like a hot potato and run back to each other in passionate embraces and eventually get married like it initially would’ve happened…..typical tv show/movie cliche….

Comment by Gleek – August 24, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will stop watching if Finn and Rachel do not get back together. They are my favorite television couple over Peyton and Lucas and Nathan and Hailey and I can not go through that drama again.

Comment by Corie – August 24, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only other exploration that I want Rachel to pursue is to use that Metro-North pass that Quinn gave her and start a relationship with Quinn. Finn is a total loser – this show would improve with some Faberry!

Comment by Larry – August 24, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally! Finn is a terrible person. No consequences, always takes the credit and is crowned the hero. Rude and offensive to girlfriends and gay people. Time for a better person to step in.

Comment by Bee – August 25, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ummm I must be watching completely different show than everyone else. How is Finn a terrible person in my opinion Glee club would of fell to pieces without Finn. He ept the lub going and he is very loyal to who he dates he was confused but he never cheated. And he is still keeping Glee running with Mr. Shuester gone for a while. He is persistant on not letting anyone give up on their dreams.

Comment by McKayla – January 14, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the exact same thing, I can’t picture him with anyone else!

Comment by Lauren – August 26, 2012 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FINCHEL FOREVER!!!!! <3 :( dont break em apart! They've gone through soo much together!! :..(

Comment by Latisha Hang (@Asianangel5) – August 29, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i really hope rachel and finn never get together agen there such a boring couple its 10 times more interesting with her getting involved with broady hope they stay that way

Comment by gleefan – December 9, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I WANT FINN AND RACHEL BACK TOGETHER NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I LOVE THEM AS A COUPLE AND THEY SHOOD BEEE

Comment by coolgamer99889 – July 8, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like the writers forget that when they first started writing Rachel in season 1 she wasn’t even that shy about sex. Whatever happened to her statement, “Girls want sex just as much as guys do!” Next thing you know they write her into a complete blushing prude. Continuity at its best Glee. *rolls eyes*

Regardless, it’ll be nice to see Rachel and Finn get separate storylines. It’s needed. And personally I can’t stand them when they’re together.

Comment by Sam – August 23, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The writers managed to forget Quinn’s age within the same season, how could they remember things that happened in the front 13.

Comment by ali – August 23, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • what was Quinns age? even i forget haha

Comment by JeniLee – August 23, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I thought she was always a sophomore.

Comment by Alyssa – August 24, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. Oh, God, they are awful.

Comment by cissy – August 23, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It happens more than TV writers would like to admit. CSI:NY forgot a character’s NAME half way through the series.

Comment by dude – August 23, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I always felt changes like the “blushing prude” you mentioned came about as a result of Glee being moved to an earlier time slot that it had in season 1. And not just with Rachel, but with the overall show. That was Fox’s move, not Ryan Murphy’s/the writers.

Season 1 was wonderfully arch. One of the best exchanges being, Rachel: “I tried, but I guess I don’t have a gag reflex.” Emma: “One day, when you’re older, that’ll turn out to be a gift.” Hopefully, season 4′s time shift to 10pm e/9pm c will bring back some of that edge.

Comment by springbay – August 24, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Personally, I feel the need for more drama and its execution of it(PSAs and couple drama) has been the turning point for many of Glee’s troubles. Season 1 was magical with its satire, edginess and campiness. It is nothing like it now. I think that the diversity of fans in age and social level ebbed when season 2 started. Season 2 was the beginning of young teens flocking to the show and wanting only stories about the students. Less and less stories about the adults made less and less adults of all ages stop watching Glee. The drama took its toll and has left the majority of fans being teens and young adults. I still love Glee but the diversity in music will be over this season 4 too. If it is only music modern and top 40s then more adults will find other shows to watch as well. That was one of the many things about Glee in 2009 that was so charming and refreshing. New faces not stars on the screen, detailed stories relatable to not only the youth but adults too, many styles and genres of music that related to the story, plausible and entertaining and witty and snarky episodes per week.
        As for the time change it was time and it is time for Glee to produce some adult interests not just teen business. I’m hoping that New York venue will achieve that. High School couple drama is tired and old. Glee please bring back Glee with all its charm and wit.

Comment by sky – August 26, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed

Comment by G-one Shaw – August 25, 2012 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? After everything they’ve invested in Finchel they’re just going to keep them apart and throw in new love interests? I’m disappointed. I’m really not looking forward to this new season at all. I want to see Rachel and Finn have interesting storylines as individuals. Not with other people. I’m sick of love triangles and relationship drama with these two.

Comment by Brok – August 23, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree!!! Individual story with character development that’s NOT romantic relationship driven. Then, reunite Finchel. Don’t sever the tether!

Comment by Kim – August 23, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same tbh. I don’t like FInchel, but if they’re going to end up together let them part separate ways, have individual storylines and then reunite, don’t put other people in the way, all these triangles are getting damn annoying.

Comment by anna – August 23, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Individual growth storylines for both! Especially for Finn. He needs to find out what he wants in life separate from Rachel and go through with achieving it. I have patience. I can wait for their happy ending, but in the meantime I want some development for these characters, not some convoluted love relationships.

Comment by stephanie – August 23, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen to that. Love interests don’t make a character grow, that comes from within. Internal searching one’s soul is a real journey. This is what Finn needs, not a girlfriend. If this is what makes a character then Glee’s early assessment and projected story for season 4 will be as big a bore as before. I guess watch and wait to see what happens. But if this is like season 2 all season til a finale, then the excitement for season 4 will be short lived. However; we know that these writers really contradict themselves through the season.

Comment by Sil – August 23, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • When I saw the episode I was heart broken because I love Finnchel.. Finn’s character is omg amazing.. BUT!! I think that he needs a break to find himself again. A break from the show would be good and to be a different person when he comes back. But on a plus this breakup is reminding me of The Notebook. So you know that they’ll find eachother again.. Someday just not now.

Comment by elysia – August 24, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The spoilers do say they have storylines not just romances. Rachel is dealing with school and Finn has some new goal to deal with.

Comment by Lucy – August 23, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rachel and Finn need to be done for good. C’mon, Falchuck, give it a try!

Comment by Claudia – August 23, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. They’re not compatible at all.

Comment by cissy – August 23, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, the writers made their relationship fodder for dramatic conflict and never really showed them be happy with one another. Lea and Cory are such great actors and their scenes are special to me. I want them to have more scenes together because they are the best thing about the show to me.

Comment by Nancy – August 23, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol really cory’s smell the fart acting is the best thing about the show to you? Maybe the reason they show them in conflict and not happy is because they can’t write them as compatible together

Comment by katie – August 23, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You must have missed the Finchel breakup scene in the season finale episode of S3. All the TV critics raved about Cory’s acting, Todd Vanderweff of avclub calling it the best thing he’s watched on TV this year. And if the writers stop giving this couple unnecessary drama (because you know, Lea and Cory pull it off well) they can write this couple as happy and compatible as any other.

Comment by Pamela – August 23, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, they have been played out. Move on.

Comment by anne – August 23, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. The only thing I’m looking forward to at this point in season 4 is Rachel and Brody (I’ve only seen behind the scenes footage of them, but damn they’ve got some chemistry), and I’m looking forward to Finn’s military storyline. But as to whether Finchel gets back together…I’m begging you Brad, please no. I can’t take another season of same old tired “will they or won’t they get back together.” It’s what soured me on the couple so much in the first place.

Comment by Sophie Na – August 23, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HMMMMMM this makes me want to watch Glee again but I know that at some point it’s going to be the Finchel show again. Damn you for making me want to watch this crappy show

Comment by Dianna – August 23, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “This season is not about relationships” only applies to the queer ones, evidently.

Comment by Léna – August 23, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow Lena, way to be offensive. If you’ve read any of the other articles that TVLine has posted about this season of Glee, you’d know that the producers have dropped major hints that all the major relationships are in danger not just the straight ones. Get a clue.

Comment by Eric – August 23, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • indeed.

Comment by tay – August 23, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except Kurt and Blaine are breaking up and Brittany and Santana will continue to not be involved in each other’s storylines while Rachel straddles Brody and Finn gets a new LI, so maybe you should be getting a clue.

Comment by Alex – August 23, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And yet only the straight people are getting new love interests. Just like the new ~sexier Glee only applies to Rachel and not, I don’t know, Kurt who will also be part of the more adult part of the Glee world.

Comment by Léna – August 23, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no offense for Chris Colfer but sexy is not the first thing that pops to my mind when I think about Kurt

Comment by LilAngel – August 23, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • well yeah because you look at kurt! kurt is innocent, but watch chris, chris colfer alone. ike the mr porter shoot was really wonderful the fox ic as well, many journals like the gawker, the after elton made him a lot of compliments lately

Comment by lilian – August 23, 2012 01:13 PM PDT
          • my comment was only made for the sexiness i want to point out lol i’m not going into the whole finn/rachel debate

Comment by lilian – August 23, 2012 01:16 PM PDT
        • We don’t know for sure that Klaine and Brittana will break up in the end of ep 4. And if they do, there’s still time for the writers to cast new LI for Kurt, Blaine, Santana and Brittany. Only Rachel’s LI was casted until now.

Comment by Pri – August 23, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh come on. Glee has a consistent pattern of special episoding their LGBT couples. All the relationships are in danger, sure, but Brittana and Klaine will get one episode wrap-ups while Finchel will get drawn out angst and new love interests.

Comment by Sarah – August 23, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know that, and we love so much Brittana and Klaine and Finchel so we really don’t like the way that things are going :(

Comment by Angy – August 23, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You got that right. If Klaine break up, no way they will give either of them new boyfriends. If they don’t break up, they live in different states, so no pda for them.

Comment by anne – August 23, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lena are you so completely clueless that you have no idea how offensive that term is or are you just so arrogant that you just don’t care?

Comment by Sophia – August 23, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Er, “queer” is pretty commonly used in the LGBT community. It can also be a pejorative, of course (much like “gay” can), but it’s not being used in that sense here.

Comment by Sean C. – August 23, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i still find it offensive incredibily offensive. i never never used that term

Comment by tay – August 23, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see he’s keeping that promise of focusing on the “characters” not the relationships smh

Comment by TIMMY – August 23, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The rules don’t apply to Rachel.

Comment by anne – August 23, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And I didn’t mean that in a good way.

Comment by anne – August 23, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Season 1 best. The relationships are simple and not the center of Glee. Finn likes Quinn, they broke up, Finn likes Rachel. Puck likes Quinn but she doesn’t like him back. THat’s it. It’s manageable. In Season 1, Glee focused on real issues like teen pregnancies or feeling isolated in high school. Season 2 got really out of hand as tons of relationships formed. Kurt got together with Blaine, Quinn with Sam, Rachel stuck with Finn, Santana with Brittany…etc. To me the show got messy, like they’re trying to put too much down the audience’s throats at once. The third season got a little bit better. But what I really liked about Glee is the simplicity it first had in Season 1 when the writers were not trying so hard to get high television ratings.

Comment by Alyssa – August 24, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true. Season 1 was magical, interesting, entertaining, witty, satirical, full of a wide range of music to enjoy, edgy, a touch of adult humor. Season 2 the show turned into drama filled scenarios to address certain social and emotional issues, less witty, top 40, lots less humor, almost no satire, PSAs, more confusion, more jumbled and confused characters, more chaos, more couple scenario chaos, more couple story driven, less individuality driven.

Comment by sky – August 26, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So basically this is really the Rachel Berry show now.

Comment by Amy – August 23, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Better the Rachel Berry show than the Finchel Show

Comment by lulu – August 23, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL TRUTH!

Comment by Amy – August 23, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not really. We still get Finn. It’s now both Rachel and Finn separate angst show with supporting characters.

Comment by Helen – August 23, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol
        LULU you just won

Comment by Annie – August 23, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AGREED!!

Comment by Jenny – August 25, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s going to be the Rachel Berry Show AND the Finn Hudson Show. LOL Double the screentime of Finchel with other partners. LOL They’re the only two characters that Fox released an advanced promo pic. Guess who are still the Faces of Fox?

Comment by JT – August 23, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah. Big fat yawn.

Comment by anne – August 23, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lea Michele is the star of the show. It is normal that she is being featured more than supporting actors.

Comment by LilAngel – August 23, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • which planet yeah? Gawd! Santanna is the exclusive star of The Rachael Berry Show….

Comment by G-one Shaw – August 25, 2012 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by sky – August 26, 2012 02:18 PM PDT
        • Interesting. I could have SWORN the show was called Glee, not “The Rachel Berry Show”. That’s why I started watching in Season 1, for the music and the interaction of ALL the characters. I am now done. Too bad the writers have an agenda and don’t write reality…could have been so good.

Comment by Cindy – August 25, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god! What they did to the Rachel character over the past three seasons was a complete disgrace and a horrible example for the young women who look up to the character. I hope they reclaim all the fire and strength that made her so admirable season 1. I’ve stuck with that character through a lot, but I will have to throw in the towel on the show if they don’t work to fix this.

Comment by Sha – August 23, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Preach.

Comment by Andy – August 23, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right there with you.

Comment by Jack – August 23, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow yeah what an asshole how could he continuously tell her she was beautiful, always tell her how talented she was, and sacrifice his happiness to make sure she went to new york without him to achieve her dream of stardom? mmhm yeah sure he was a bad boyfriend.

Comment by kristina – August 23, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t even use sarcasm on them. They don’t understand you. LOL They only see things from their own POV.

Comment by Mel – August 23, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • kristina you look like a sad clown hooker.
        Anyway he didn’t sacrifice anything. He was sure he wanted to get married and he is going to date a hot chick.

Comment by joey – August 23, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What happiness, their marriage? we were shown repeatedly that they were getting married for the wrong reasons and throughout the season and when there was conflict about “their future” he shamed her for her dreams and her ambition. What because she didn’t consider him in their “future” and only thought about her own dreams? What dreams did Finn have?

Comment by kate – August 23, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree with you on that

Comment by Jenny – August 25, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It says that rachel has brody to help bring her out of her shell so maybe it means that for finn too, rather than a new love interest?

Comment by anon – August 23, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Finchel? Not interested.

Comment by Mike – August 23, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bye Glee!
    Finchel were the ONLY reason I stuck around for the crapfest that was Season 3. I’m not doing it again in Season 4 to watch them with other people.
    Bad move.

Comment by Brooke – August 23, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • good riddance.

Comment by Andy – August 23, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It IS good riddance that I don’t have to sit through terrible writing, inequality for the same sex couples, inconsistent story lines, forgotten lessons learned by the next episodes.. oh and you know, a senior who is suddenly a sophomore then next season to keep them around. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Comment by Brooke – August 23, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with you, but half the reason I’ve stopped watching season 3 was Finchel and their insufferable relationship, so if you’re saying goodbye because of it: Good. Riddance.

Comment by Andy – August 23, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Finchel didn’t even have a story line together besides The First Time episode until half the season was over and really began in Yes/No. We had to deal with the insane Quinn trying to steal her baby back story… or the Troubletones drama. For each his own. My problem is Finchel fans have already had to sit through 3(!!) breakups. It’s overdone and annoying now. If this was the first or maybe second break up, I would continue to watch. I’m over it.

Comment by Brooke – August 23, 2012 12:17 PM PDT
    • I’m willing to wait for a few episodes, but I won’t be happy if they continue to prolong other relationships for them.

Comment by Tess – August 23, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yawn.

Comment by Kendal Walworth – August 23, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As someone who still loves the Rachel despite everything, I think the writers should really consider not putting her back with Finn. He was an awful boyfriend/fiance to her and she just took it and that was supposed to be a good relationship? She’ll outgrow him eventually, and you should just let her.

Comment by May – August 23, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! And this is the first hint that they will even consider that a happy ending for Rachel and Finn might not be together with one another.

Comment by Rose – August 23, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they were co-dependent on each other and it was unbalance, I hope if she has a relationship with Bordy it is a healthy balanced one.

Comment by jim – August 23, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think you mean Dean “Geyer.” :)

Comment by Brandon – August 23, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whatever. I just want a good individual storyline for Finn. I love Cory Monteith as an actor, I think he’s one of the best, if not the most underrated actor on this show, The car scene in the Season 3 finale was praised by so many critics and the writers would be wasting a great potential if they didn’t make use of his skills more in Season 4.

Comment by Stevie – August 23, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree I just want Cory to have a decent storyline. I’m disappointed that Lea gets to work with Kate Hudson and Chris gets to work with SJP while Cory once again gets the new Glee Project kid. (no offense Blake-:)
      Also, I wish RIB would stop conjecturing and trolling the fan base. Starting to move from teasing to alienating….

Comment by JR – August 23, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, that seems to be what Finn was made for. The greeter for new students looking to join the New Directions. He dserves a whole lot more than that. Rachel has always told him so. He just needs to understand that and expect that. I admit that I expect that.

Comment by Sil – August 23, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh AT LAST. So effing tired of that finn rachel crap, it ruined the entire show

Comment by amoeba – August 23, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lawd

Comment by lll – August 23, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You think this is the last of the Finn Rachel storyline? You don’t know Glee, you don’t know these writers lol

Comment by Lann – August 23, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How much do you want to bet Rachel’s whole new romance is all about Finn. You know it’s going to happen.

Comment by anne – August 23, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d *definitely* watch this season if I could be assured they’d separate Finchel FOREVER. Can’t stand they together. Rachel deserves a (much much) better man than Finn.

Comment by Andy – August 23, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, without Finchel… I’m not that interested.

Comment by megan – August 23, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • give me maah finchel back pls ahahahahahah – IMMAD

Comment by Mary – August 23, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so not interested in a Glee without Finchel. They’ve set them up from the beginning and I’m VERY invested in their story. They;ve basically just shot that down. Not interested in seeing either with others, it’s been done enough.

Comment by Dran – August 23, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even know if I want to watch the show without finchel. I won’t be here hating on whatever I don’t like, like MANY others do. I just won’t watch. And that makes me sad. I hope they fix this…

Comment by Ana – August 23, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just won’t bother watching TBH. Glee isn’t Glee without Finn and Rachel together :(

Comment by Sarah – August 23, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then Glee wasn’t Glee until Season 2.

Comment by dude – August 23, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Which is funny because that’s when everybody said it turned horrible.

Comment by Toni – August 25, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It did. Chaos upheaval and the never ending Kurt bullying story ,severely intense almost died story, multiple couple drama, watching Mr Schue change from mentor to crazed jealous ex boyfriend, Sue out of control physical madness, a whole lot less humor, no satire, top 40 music, no continuity, characters running amuck out of character( Will, Finn, Rachel, Mercedes, Puck, Sue) and more……

Comment by sky – August 26, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I was assured Finchel would be kept apart forever I’d actually give the show another chance, that relationship is half the reason the show got so bad. They’re unhealthy, shows should be setting an example not keeping a terrible relationship going because children don’t realize this.

Comment by Joe – August 23, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was able to ship Finchel through season one and two, but the engagement storyline killed them beyond all repair. I’m done with them, and I hope the show is too.

Comment by ali – August 23, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought it was pretty much too over-the-top to cover on Glee. But they did. There are some kids in HS who feel that way, so, Glee covers that PSA. It was sweet but too much. All the PSAs of season 3 wore me out of the season, not just Finchel. Besides, it wasn’t supposed to happen-the finale, Finn couldn’t hold Rachel from her dream. There were great episodes and many so-so ones. Hope that this new format with NY will reenergize Glee with new and refreshing storylines. Finn’s need to finding a dream is very vital to the metaphor that Glee goes by. Rachel is a prime example of it. Quinn was a prime example of it-Yale. Mike-dancing.

Comment by srb – August 26, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “But he will have someone. He will definitely have someone.”

I personally think a lot of these characters are more interesting not in relationships.

And by “these characters” you mean the queer ones who will conveniently be in long distance relationships and will probably be broken up by 404 so you don’t have to deal with all the criticism you got about the double standard between straight and same-sex couples when it comes to PDA. Well played, assholes. Well played.

Comment by ugh – August 23, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Meanwhile we can look forward to a Ryder/Marley/Jake/Kitty love triangle AKA rehash of Finn/Rachel/Puck/Quinn in season 1. Lots of hetero love to go around! Santana will be the only lesbian in New York, but that’s okay because she and Kurt are just there to be gay accessories for our leading lady Rachel while she grinds on Brody and wangsts about Finn who will be busy teaching all the straight guys how to be a man and saving all the queers, minorities, and women from having agency or their own stories..

Comment by Ann – August 23, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “It’s nice to write her a little stronger.”

It’s so sad that they’re saying this now, the only reason she needs to come out of any shell is because they made her that way to keep her in a crap relationship where she’s made to feel like she’s insecure and annoying. I’m so happy to see her out of the finchel relationship because it absolutely ruined her (and Finn’s too tbh) characterization.

Comment by Calie – August 23, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true.

Comment by Jessica – August 23, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was so popular and the face of glee because in season 1 she was strong. Why they choose to weaken her I will never understand. But I know that strong young lady is in there still so go for it Rachel.

Comment by kelly – August 23, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep season 1 and even 2 Rachel was strong, driven, and independent, even when she was hung up on Finn. Season 3 ruined her. “Maybe your dreams are bigger than mine” aaaaand character assassination.

Comment by Ann – August 23, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finchel is the reason I still watch Glee

Comment by Rain – August 23, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy that at least we’re getting a (probably short) reprieve from Finchel. I’m about 50x more likely to watch the new season now.

Comment by Toni – August 23, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what everybody keep saying lol

Comment by tay – August 23, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’ll be very interesting to watch Cory have more scenes even if those do not include Lea. I am a Finchel fan and hope that they do find their way back to each other but I can’t wait to see what the writers have in store!

Comment by mt – August 23, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not at all excited for Brody. In fact, the show needs to focus a little less on Rachel. I’m more excited to see what’s in store for Finn this season.

Comment by Stephanie – August 23, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rachel is much more popular than Finn and interesting.

Comment by kelly – August 23, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Your opinion in invalid.

Comment by Stephanie – August 24, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Finchel? Not interested.

Comment by Siren – August 23, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kind of would like to know about the career goals of this years senior class right about now. Season 3 opened with Kurt and Rachel talking about colleges with Emma.

Comment by nezumi – August 23, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good money says we’ll find out about Marley’s life goals and top five colleges before we find out what Tina, Blaine, Brittany, Artie, and Sam are planning.

Comment by ali – August 23, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She is the poor man’s Rachel and a Mary Sue, after all. She’ll be there to throw other characters under the bus so she can lecture them about bullying.

Comment by Ann – August 23, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow, No Finn and Rachel, no thanks. one wqith Glee. sorry Ryan/ Brad. you just lost me.

Comment by ByeGlee – August 23, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad move.

Comment by Kayl – August 23, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brad Falchuk is literally the worst.

Comment by Sarah – August 23, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • preach.gif

Comment by Ash – August 23, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously someone needs to shut him up pronto.

Comment by Ann – August 23, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw this “No finchel i’m out” crap how about no Puck, Mercedes, or Quinn? No Finn or Santana until episode 4 (or is it 5?) What the heck?!

Comment by Felicia – August 23, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really. Even if Finchel aren’t together, they will still get a lot of storyline, just like season one.

Comment by anne – August 23, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they weren’t ask back either the writers don’t care of the actors weren’t interested. time to except that.

Comment by moving on – August 23, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even the actors wanted finchel to be separated. Cory and Lea can have some good material . They will get back together at the end They just want to focus on the characters alone since they had complains about finchel. that’s all.

Comment by tay – August 23, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Done with this show. So sick of third parties.

Comment by Kristin – August 23, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok FINCHEL is endgame. What the hell Glee? He can’t ask her to marry him, sacrifice his happiness for her to persue her dreams and then find someone new!?? Brody is a momentary distraction for Rachel with helpful tips about NYADA but that’s where it ends. That’s where it MUST end!! we agreed to put up with Brody knowing her heart is with Finn but that’s where we draw the line as Finchel fans! NO NEW LOVE INTEREST FOR FINN! #stayawaybrody #finchel4life

Comment by Heidi – August 23, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Read the article again. For the first time, a show runner is saying maybe Finchel won’t be endgame. And I say, “Hallejah!”

Comment by Rose – August 23, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for Finn and Rachel maturing individually, but given the strong connection established in the first three seasons (the third especially) and intense emotion of “Goodbye”, it would be disappointing for either of them to move on from the other so quickly. And on Finn’s part, he was so focused on redeeming his father, I have a hard time imagining him caring to woo someone else at the same time.

Comment by ames – August 23, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is ridiculous. I’m all for separate story lines for the characters but it just seems a waste to have invested so much time in Finn and Rachel’s relationship just to toss them aside and throw new love interests at them so quickly. Finn and Rachel are better when they’re together and they can find themselves without having to be complete strangers. I can’t say I’m looking forward to sitting through an entire season of the same push and pull as the first two seasons. It is possible to have good television without constantly ripping couples apart and I hope that the writers don’t destroy everything they built when it comes to Finn and Rachel. They’re the characters I root for more than anyone and it would be a shame to ruin them. So in conclusion, I can’t say I’m happy about any of this but I hope that down the line we get a Finchel reunion for the ages. Until then, we’ll just have to suffer through.

Comment by Samantha – August 23, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really can’t understand why people found/ find Finn such an awful person…he’s been supportive, loving, kind and responsible. He allowed Rachel to spread her wings without him to drag her down. Whatever, I only hope that the story line allows all of the characters to grow, explore and flex their acting muscles.

Comment by Dee – August 23, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • preach

Comment by Leyla – August 23, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s either they are so invested in Rachel that anything and everything that Finn does hurt their feelings, or they only watch for THEIR fave character and are resentful of Finchel taking away screentime. At least that’s what I observed from comments by others in this fandom.

Comment by Mark – August 23, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s not horrible, he’s just not as great, at anything, as the show tries to tell us he is.

Comment by anne – August 23, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks to this article I now know exactly why the show is the way it is. I think you need to rethink things, Mr Falchuk, if you think a boy that mistreated a girl for three years is sweet and kind and that she is ‘an annoying little girl’ for knowing what she wants out of life and being determined. But don’t worry, Finn broke her down and got rid of those stupid ideas and made her feel like nothing without him.

Comment by Howard – August 23, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No surprise there. The writers are misogynistic idiots who live out their white male privilege through the show.

Comment by May – August 23, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes all of this both May and Howard. Schuester and Finn the straight white dicks here to save and lecture everyone.

Comment by Ann – August 23, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You see? I don’t understand these people. Finn has his flaws, I accept that, and he’s made his share of mistakes. But some people go about as if he’s some sadist committing grave crimes against Rachel and I cannot comprehend it. It’s mind boggling.

Comment by Kelly – August 23, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Completely agree with you that I never understand all the Finn-hate. Probably of all the characters he has changed the most and even could change a lot more. I actually on’t mind finches breaking up because I would like to see Finn get a decent story of his own.

Comment by Jenny – August 23, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, Finn did have sex with her, thus transforming Rachel from an annoying little girl to a sexy woman. Because a woman’s worth is defined by whether or not she puts out, and maturity = cleavage. Other than that, agreed 100%.

Comment by Reed – August 23, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finn mistrated Rachel? What show were you watching? The guy that sacrified everything to let his girl pursue her dreams? I understand that you might not like Finn, but at least be objective here.

Comment by Lara – August 23, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He didn’t sacrifice anything, he did the right thing at the end of the season but during the season he constantly made her feel like she was in the wrong for having dreams and ambition when he had none.

Comment by laurel – August 23, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Finn is allowed to have his own ambition too. And he’s allowed to ask his gf to support him, but in the end he decided to support hers. He was looking for options that sadly didn’t work out . But apparently that’s a crime against humanity for some Glee fans.

Comment by Kat – August 23, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • B*tch, please! Finn supported her with her audition for Maria in WSS, he supported her with her audition to NYADA and was there for her when she choked and failed, he helped her with her class president campain. Just because once he suggested her if she ever thought on making a living in LA/hollywood you erase everything good that he has done for her and only focus on a mistake and act like is the only thing he did when it’s not. Grow up, please.

Comment by Pri – August 23, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Constantly? Really? Apart from the one time he brought up California, and of course that was wrong of him because he’s not allowed to think about himself but always think about Rachel who is also supposed to think about herself because otherwise it would be sexist and make her weak, when did Finn make her feel like she was in the wrong for having dreams and ambitions?

Comment by Inigo – August 23, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • People who are anti Finn have closed minds. That is all. They forget that as people including high school teenagers grow and encompass changes in their thoughts and actions due to their environment. This environment is home life, friends and aquaintances interactions and influences. Rachel changed from an overly tenacious, self-imposed and self-serving, lonely and socially inept young girl to a confident, well rounded, thoughtful friend and girlfriend, who took all every kind of challenge that came her way, still with NY bound stardom and NYADA big dreams, to keeping and respecting the fragile disappointments in tow that affected Finn and Kurt. I loved the changes in Rachel thanks to her boyfriend and her best friend and their special care in showing Rachel how to be less self imposed and be more thoughtful of others. This did not make her weak at all. Thise changes made her a well rounded and endearing and loving person.

Comment by sky – August 26, 2012 02:58 PM PDT
  • really, finchel is the biggest reason that i watch this show. no finchel then i’m not interested!

Comment by ells – August 23, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ffs Finchel fans. Finn and Rachel finding another love interest isn’t the end of the freaking world.

Comment by lolbrad – August 23, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, Finn and Rachel finding other interests isn’t what angers me. I find it insulting that the writers think these characters cannot have storylines without them delving into triangles or having some other love relationships. I am fine with Finn and Rachel being apart as long as they get good strong individual storylines that develop them as a character. Oh, but this is Glee, that’s why a lot of fans are worried.

Comment by Yves – August 23, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally. Glee writers have always used relationships or lack of them to make a character or couple. The thing about these writers is that they’re not known for keeping their word. They keep talking spoilers to just stir the pot. Get all the viewers in a frenzy then when the show starts or as each episode airs we watch their word descend.

Comment by Sil – August 23, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah… I think the above comment was directed at the sad group of Finchel fans posting stuff like “Finchel is the only reason people watch. No Finchel, no Glee, I’m not watching so there” and generally being children throwing their toys out of the pram.

I’m with you though, for the most part, I hate Finchel for exactly the reasons you just gave as why people are worried, and I really do hope that they get individual stories. It’s why I hope this split is for good, that solves the love triangle rubbish at least.

Comment by Rini – August 24, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Finchel no glee for me I was ok with them. Apart till they reunited but no love triangles

Comment by kayla – August 23, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe this Brad Statments! Finchel are his babies! What is he doing to them? I will definitly stop whatching Glee if they do this! Very Bad Move

Comment by Sophie – August 23, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh who cares about finchel. It’s not like they’re not gonna end up together again eventually. 8′d be pleasantly surprised if they didn’t.

I’m glad they’re giving it a rest for a while at least, It’s so hard to enjoy glee (as much as one can, what with its lack of continuity and ridiculous storylines) when you ship anything BUT finchel.

And honestly, the less Finn the better. It’d be nice if they gave other characters as much attention as they do Rachel, but I’d take the Rachel show over the Finchel/Finn show any day.

Comment by Kay – August 23, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, me too!

Comment by Rose – August 23, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why would they give other characters attention? Glee is supposed to be Rachel-centric (I’m not sarcastic, I only watch the show since day one because of Rachel). I’m sorry if viewers got attached to supporting characters but you cannot expect to have as much screentime and storylines for stars and supporting cast.

Comment by LilAngel – August 23, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Rachel’s hemline and lowering her neckline doens’t make her more grown up and mature Falchuk.

Comment by Ash – August 23, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Falchuk is sexist and gross and it’s becoming more and more obvious.

Comment by Ann – August 23, 2012 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Preach. It doesn’t at all. She better not have sex with Bridy either. I will be enraged

Comment by Angel – August 24, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol so true.

Comment by Alyssa – August 24, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as they write good storylines for Cory and Lea, I’m still watching. And I’m sure that even not dating, they will still be friends and they still will have a lot of scenes together.

Comment by Pri – August 23, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post