Falling Skies Enlists House Doc Robert Sean Leonard, ER Alum Gloria Reuben

Robert Sean LeonardRobert Sean Leonard has lined up his first post-House TV gig.

The actor will appear in a five-episode arc on Season 3 of TNT’s sci-fi series Falling Skies, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Falling Skies Finale Recap: Watch the Skies

Leonard will play Roger Kadar, PhD, an obsessive and gifted scientist who runs Charleston’s power grid. He lives underground with his pet rats and cool science toys, leading the children of the newfound haven to dub him The Rat King.

Additionally, Gloria Reuben will reunite with her ER costar Noah Wyle in a five-episode stint as Tom Mason’s (Wyle) aide, who is described as very put together, intelligent and possessing political knowledge and experience that could prove beneficial to the resistance fighter.

Reuben previously starred on TNT’s Raising the Bar and has appeared on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Drop Dead Diva.

1. JayBone says:

SPOILER

Looks like Tom Mason is becoming the leader of Charleston.

• Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

You didn’t figure out after the first season that he will probably become the leader of what’s left of the free world?

• Dave says:

“leader of what’s left of the free world”………Yeah well i know the shows american but i pretty dam sure there are other people fighting back on the rest of the planet…..and in a lot better position then what Tom is in.

• Delirious says:

Plus, what I didn’t figure from the finale is that the 2nd Mass would stay in Charleston at all, regardless of what the role of the new ETs are. In fact, after leaving Charleston, right before the “ET-rainfall”, I thought they were going away to continue the battling, even after meeting the new alien. But I guess we can pretty much get where/how they will be from these 2 castings (ie. they stay in Charleston, since they have contact with Dr Kadar, and that Tom will become the leader, even above Weaver/Bressler/etc. So, IMHO, I would’ve added a “SPOILER ALERT” on the title of this newspiece.

Oh, and like Dave said… You know, there’s more “Earth” outside the US, and stuff. And I think it’s a little bit cocky to think that the 2nd Mass, part of the “U-S-A! U-S-A!”, are both the most successful group of people on the planet, and the spearhead of all humanity.

2. Oh, cool! They need more white people to balance out all the minorities they’ve killed.

3. cmgirl says:

Very excited to see RSL back on TV. This makes me even more impatient for Season 3. He’s such a great actor and all over charming guy. I’m sure he will make a very intriguing addition to the 2nd Mass.

4. Em says:

It’s a Swing Kids reunion. Wouldn’t it be aces if they could get Christian Bale (not that that would ever happen)

5. Nunaya_Bidness says:

All I want to know is if we’re going to get a winter run of this show? I miss it already and hate that we have to wait until next summer. This is one of the best new series to hit television in a long time.

• Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

No, you aren’t. It is a summer show. 10 eps, every summer so far. Season 3 was renewed for the same 10 eps to air in the summer.

6. The Squatch says:

So, basically, we now know that the 2nd Mass will be staying in Charleston and that Tom takes on some sort of leadership position… most likely the one Terry O’Quinn’s character has now. Personally, I don’t mind spoilers. It doesn’t really lessen the pleasure of actually watching something for me. But I know a lot of people dislike them and may get upset over these having no sort of warning up front.

7. Zoe says:

Eeep! I love RSL, and Falling Skies is an amazing show!

CASTING, YOU’RE DOING IT RIGHT.

8. meleliot says:

Falling Skies second season really surpassed the first. 10 episodes are just not enough. Waiting for 9-1/2 months for season three is way too long. They should do at least 13 IMHO.

9. Karen says:

This makes me even more excited for season 3.Now that House is over Its great seeing that he’ll be on another show,Especially one of my favorites.

10. Deb says:

Why is this not listed in imdb? Watching Falling Skies, we thought that was him.Rats! These Fans of House find this to be a good role switch from the well-to-do-doctor friend of House.