Emmys

Emmys 2012: What Should Win Outstanding Animated Series? Take Our Poll!

The 2012 Emmy race for Outstanding Animated Series is most definitely a Fox-y affair.

Indeed, three of the five nominees are members of Fox’s “Animation Domination” Sunday-night lineup: The Simpsons (a 10-time winner in the category), American Dad, and Bob’s Burgers give Fox a three-pronged offense against last year’s champ Comedy Central’s Futurama. Rounding out the field is Nickelodeon’s The Penguins of Madagascar: The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole.

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine shows when the Emmys are handed out in September? Choose your favorite in our poll below — TVLine voting closes Sept. 14, so act now! — then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Every day for the next month, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor, and to stay up to speed on all our races, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Britta Unfiltered says:

Bob’s Burgers, I guess? I dunno, these are not really my favorite choices. Shouldn’t South Park be a choice? Or Archer? I don’t watch Archer, but I find it strange it wasn’t nominated when it was a Critics Choice Award winner. My friends rave about it and are trying to get me to watch.

2. ARCHER.

It’s three classes above all five of the nominees.

3. Hamza says:

Not nominating Archer is the biggest crime in this category.

• IPF says:

I couldn’t agree more. Not only is Archer far and away the best animated series on TV, it is among the top 10 series on TV period

4. TJ says:

This is the hardest category. I’d be happy with any of them winning (although I’ve never seen Penguins of Madagascar), but my three top choices would be Futurama, American Dad, or The Simpsons. I’ll go with American Dad because it’s never gotten the recognition it deserves. It’s a million times funnier than Family Guy and Cleveland Show-both of which I’m thrilled aren’t nominated.

• TJ says:

Although, if they’re going to nominate a children’s show, why not Spongebob? I’m not an avid watcher so I don’t know how this most recent season was, but it’s the only kids’ show that can be genuinely funny to adults at times.

• Alan says:

spongebob should have been nominated years ago, now not so much. the penguins definitely deserve to be there, its a surprisingly well written show, there was an episode which involved time travel which i had to watch 3 times just to get all the jokes and understand the story fully, its one of the best episodes of kids tv ive seen since recess and rugrats ended

• TigerNightmare says:

This is for the Primetime Emmys. It has to be on during a certain time or else it’s only eligible for the Daytime Emmys where most children’s programming gets recognized.

5. Jessica says:

American Dad. The episode they submitted gave me one of the biggest laughs I got from television this season.

6. Polly says:

Archer all the way.
    Since it’s not here, I’ll say Futurama.

7. KND says:

Ummm Archer and only Archer is acceptable.

8. It’d be funny if Penguins, the show that won the Daytime Emmy in the category, also wins it in prime-time.. And it’s a shame Archer wasn’t nominated since the previous cycle was stellar. A toss up between Bob’s Burgers and Futurama.

9. Becky says:

Why not Zoidburg?

10. ben says:

Simpsons. It’s nowhere near its peak, but its still way better than everything else that I’ve seen here (although, I admit, I’ve never seen or heard of penguins)

11. Kris says:

While I also believe that Archer is the best animated show on TV right now, I have to vote for American Dad or Futurama. Both of the those shows have continued to improve with age and are still funny. The Simpsons have definatly declined over the last few years. I don’t even seem to care if I miss an episode anymore.

12. Alan says:

the penguins of madagascar is surprisingly brilliant, spoofs and subverts lots of spy tropes, plus the episode they’ve submitted has neil patrick harris as the villain and he is as fantastic as always

13. Bob’s Burgers, hands down. A refreshing, new, loving family, that has lots of fun with each other. The characters are fantastic. Let’s all hear it for new guys! Allright!!

14. Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

Archer should win for the 3 episode “Heart of Archness” series lol. That was awesome. I’ll pick Futurama since Archer isn’t there, but I would be ok with Bob’s Burgers too. The Simpsons has been on since I was a kid and I am just tired of it. American Dad is pretty funny but hey, Why Not Zoidberg?

15. guest says:

American Dad. It’s one of the funniest cartoons around and it never gets recognized for it. Roger is probably the best cartoon character ever.

16. Martha says:

Love the Penguins and Private’s love for his My Little Pony-type tv show and Princess Self-Respectia. That show is way more adult-driven than most would believe. Very subtle, intelligent humor.

17. bobbie says:

South Park!

18. Brendan says:

uh…. ARCHER!

19. The Squatch says:

“We’re Whalers on the moon…
    We carry a harpoon…
    For they ain’t no whales…
    So we tell tall tales…
    And sing our whaling tune…”

Enough said.

20. Jay says:

American Dad

21. Rich says:

Wow! I immediately knew I was voting for Futurama when I saw the category, but what a shock to find that a plurality agreed with me!

22. Ram510 says:

I think they meant to put Archer in this category but got it confused with Bobs Burgers cause they use the same voice. I mean seriously, how else did Bobs Burgers make it to an Emmy nomination? Archer and Young Justice should be nominated, but since they’re not I picked Futurama. Yo Leela Leela was a great episode!

23. Mikael says:

American Dad doesn’t get the credit it deserves. It’s much smarter humor than Family Guy, and they don’t have to rehash annoying bits so much either.

I didn’t know Futurama won last year. That’s pretty funny that it won against Fox’s other shows, considering Fox canceled it. Guess they were wrong AGAIN.

24. Alienware says:

Archer is by far the best animated show out there.