Exclusive

Exclusive Suits First Look: Harvey and Donna Finish the Season With Some Flirty Vibes

Suits‘ summer run might be dying down, but the sexual tension between Harvey and Donna is definitely on the rise! See for yourselves in this exclusive first look at the USA Network drama’s midseason finale, which airs this Thursday at 10/9c.

RELATED | Suits Finale Preview: Can Harvey Save Mike? Will Louis Switch Teams? Is a New Romance Ahead?

Last week, the Pearson Hardman aide denied having feelings for Harvey — but what say you? Press PLAY below watch the unintentional (?) flirtfest, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on a possible love connection.

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Video

1. DL says:

I’m totally on board with a Donna/Harvey hookup.

2. jessedanie says:

where is the flirt?

3. Harveygirl says:

Meh. I don’t see Harvey and Donna.

4. Jon says:

I didn’t see any flirt either.

5. Amanda says:

Am I missing the flirt? There was more flirt in the last three episodes.

6. Kate says:

I’m sad for the romantic life of whoever considered this flirting.

7. Hannah says:

Flirting….? As if. The reason I love Suits is that it’s so different than other contrived shows out there. If Harvey/Donna happens, I will lose all respect for the show. This “Donna loves Harvey” plotline came absolutely out of nowhere this season.

• Toni says:

Not to sound rude, but you must have not been paying attention to last season. Even if they weren’t flirting at the office, it has been shown that, at least, Donna has some feelings for Harvey. This plot line really didn’t come out of nowhere–they just weren’t out in the front like Mike/Rachel.

• Ryan says:

There was definitely something there at one point. Between the “5 years ago” c

• Ryan says:

In the last two seasons there have been subtle hints at a past relationship that morphed into a deep platonic friendship. When Donna got teary talking to Mike about how “it gets easier”, there was definitely a Harvey insinuation. She loves him but she’s not in love with him. I ship mike/Rachel hard but Donna Harvey is perfect the way it is.

• CinLou says:

There was one mention in the final episode about not going there because “you can never go back”. Apparently if you didn’t see that as Donna declaring her love for Harvey you weren’t paying attention.

8. Amy says:

I’m all over Harvey/Donna but this was pretty poor – Harvey/Mike fans have more to go on based on this clip.

• moobear says:

Lol, I didn’t even know there were Harvey/Mike (Hike? Marv?) fans….but silly me, I should of realized that of course there would be those slash happy fangirls out there :)

• Toni says:

LMFAO. Exactly. How can you fail so hard unless he was trolling.

9. Kris says:

I’d love to see those two hook up. They are both awesome and I love their interactions.

10. Melanie says:

I love Harvey/Donna.

11. Den says:

i don’t think there’s any flirting going on in this particular scene, but man if they’re not endgame i am done with this show.

12. Mikaylah says:

Yeah, I didn’t pick up on a flirty vibe here. Donna just knows him. He’s not in his office though, which is odd. Bad things are happening.

• Maggie says:

If I remember correctly, he & Louis switched offices, part of one of the previous episodes

• ME says:

Nope. Harvey offered to switch offices to get Louis on Jessica’s side, but Jessica refused to do it after Louis threatened her by sating that she might find out herself what it’s like to be in someone’s shadow. For Harvey to be out of his office now probably means Hardman won the vote and kicked him out of his office.

• Specter in my Pocket says:

Indeed, I think this is a huge spoiler…

• Irishgirl says:

I was thinking the same thing. That seems very telling.

• Irishgirl says:

Just saw the promo for tomorrow’s episode, and in the scene where Donna says to Louis “You betrayed your team,” she’s standing in Harvey’s office, which appears to be packed up. And when Harvey throws the phone against the wall, he’s in the office we see in the scene above.

13. drkegley says:

1. The groundwork for Harvey/Donna was laid early in the season when Donna explained to Rachel that you can work with someone even if you have a past. 2. Harvey/Lewis switched offices..for now.

14. Kori says:

I don’t really see the flirting… they have had much better examples, but I do believe the person Donna was refering to about having feelings for in the past was Harvey. I think it really showed in the flashback episode. I would like to see that one night between the two of them that they didn’t want to talk about though… that could prove to be interesting.

15. Ashleytv says:

“I thought he would come back.” hahhaa. Harvey sounds so depressed. He misses his Mike.

16. lemola says:

Was this about Harvey/Mike? Cos that showed Harvey pining after him…

17. Annie says:

I love Donna!

18. Jossie says:

Is this flirting?? But, yeah, Harvey and Donna BELONG together! End of story.

19. Tinkitty says:

I heart Donna, she’s awesome…love Harvey but I am hoping there isn’t any sort of hookup between them…

20. Nicole says:

dont see any flirting anymore. Harvey seems more mellow than usual??

21. Marcus says:

Very demanding, very straight forward. I love the connection between the two. I blanked out for a second on why Harvey and Donna are in another setting, but I’ll keep my mouth shut! ;)

22. Darrin Crow says:

Um yeah, let’s just ignore the fact that HARVEY LOST HIS OFFICE and let’s just focus on how they might be flirting?

• Mich says:

THIS!! This is what I hate when media and fans start focusing on ship pairings. Everything else becomes secondary. Who cares if there’s actual plot as long as the pretty people might make out at some point, right?

• Toni says:

This is definitely not true. I ship Donna and Harvey, but I definitely care about the plot. But, in the fans defense–or shipper’s–the title said there were flirty vibes. Excuse us for believing that. I bet people would have been interested in the scene if it had accurately titled, but it wasn’t.

23. josh says:

There is no way they will get together. It is way to early in the series. Especially if Hardman wins.

24. Chris says:

what happened with mike is that his grandmother died, so harvey probably sent him home to mourn

• Suits Fan says:

My guess is Mike was distracted by his grandmother’s death, Harvey got irritated and sent him home (possibly after a lecture) which explains why Mike didn’t come back yet. Also, Donna tells Harvey to call which indicates Harvey was probably himself and handled things like an arse. His moping is an indicator he knows he was a jerk and will now have to apologize. He tries to portray he doesn’t care but secretly he does. Kind of like when a kid is made to say he’s sorry. Genuine friendship between the two cause a bit of a conflict for otherwise self serving Harvey but that’s what makes the show. Harvey’s soft spot for the kid.

Also, we recently saw Harvey’s reaction to his dad’s death. Those emotions may trigger a softer touch if he realizes Mike’s grandma was also a sole caregiver. It will be interesting to see if they expand more on the background to Harvey’s mom in the future.

As for Donna, they would be a sexy couple. They understand each other and know what the other wants before they even do themselves. However, part of their chemistry is that Donna is a challenge for Harvey who can usually get whatever he wants from people. He knows that despite how much Donna would do for him, he wouldn’t be able to play with gloves off and manipulate her. He cares for her too much. Donna, does indeed love him, is devoted to him and would do anything (even break her own code of ethics) but also knows the deep pain of losing him forever. She’s settling, for working for him to still have him in her life but not risking crossing that line in case it doesn’t work out in the long run.

But that’s just an “opinion.”

• Kristin says:

Well said!

• He sends him home because he is stoned at work

• joanna says:

why would she loose him forever?
        Even if they got together and split up they’re adult who can put their past behind them ( as clearly shown on the show anyway ) and would work together just fine even after a break up.
        getting together would not kill their friendship either. it would make them work together even better.
        Again, they are professionals lm sure they would be able to separate their private life from work.
        l used to work together w/my boyfiend ( now husband ) and our relationship never seemed to be an issue, like l said it made us work even better we became a g8 team.
        Getting together would also not kill their work chemistry.
        Writers are aware Donna challenging Harvey is part of them, so they would never get rid of it. Plus l really dont think people who enter relationships change that much. Donna is definitely not a person who would change her personality only to keep a guy. Even Harvey.
        So no worries there.
        lm sure the writers will deliver if these two get together.

25. What the hell was that? That was less exciting, and more ominous.

26. P says:

Didn’t pick up on the flirting thing either. Was far to distracted by the fact that Harvey is not in his office anymore. Wonder what happened there? Did Louis wind up taking it? Hm…

27. Chris says:

The ones that need to finally hook up for real are Mike and Rachel not Harvey and Donna

28. “I thought he would comeback.” how depressed does Harvey look when he says that haha

29. E.J says:

Harvey and Donna are end game. End of.

30. Sharon says:

BEST high-powered attorney show on! I’m pulling for Rachael/Mike and Mike/Harvey more than Donna and Harvey. Sorry, Donna. How about a Donna/Jessica plot?!!

31. Donna/Harvey says:

Donna/Harvey have to get together. I will be guttered if they don’t. But i don’t see them getting together until the last episode of the series.

32. Shipable says:

Eveyone is so shippable. but i ship Rachel/ Mike and Donna/Harvey the most. These for are made for each other!

33. Janneke says:

If this is flirting, what have they been doing past one and half seasons…. not the best example if you ask me..

34. I Want What I Want says:

That isn’t flirting. That is them just being their normal awesome selfs. But if they don’t end up together i will be crushed.

35. zainab says:

This is considered flirting? Eeeek.
    Anyways, Harvey isn’t in his office but last episode Rebecca said she was going to offer his office to Louis but decided not to cause of his attitude & that office isn’t Louis’ either. I have a feeling something else is going to happen.

• Toni says:

You mean Jessica and Harvey offered Louis his office not her. She then was going to present it to Louis until his attitude came into play.

36. Jasmine says:

LOL! I don’t think it was romantic flirt between Harvey and Donna! I think it’s Donna telling Harvey to get off his laurels and call Mike (who is sulking over the death of his grandmother). However, for everyone that says the romantic vibe between Donna and Harvey came out of nowhere did not see the episode earlier this season when Donna told Mike that office romances between attorneys and assistants/paralegals aren’t meant to be. Donna was obviously hurting somewhat from a past office romance with an attorney that didn’t work out because it caused problems but it was simpler once they went back to being just co-workers.

• Toni says:

My interpretation was that Donna didn’t want to go into a relationship with Harvey because if it ended poorly, it could compromise the foundation they had already laid before they dated. She would want it to go back to normal and that wouldn’t possible. I don’t think she was basing it off of previous experience.

37. If this is someone’s idea of flirting, they must not have ever seen the show. This is pretty lame when it comes to their banter.

As much as I dig their chemistry, I doubt Harvey and Donna would ever hook up. Sarah and Gabriel are best friends, and they’ve stated that both they and their characters have act like siblings. Gabriel especially.

Save the ships for fanfiction.

• Toni says:

Well, Gabriel has said that, but I think Sarah ships them or she really believes that Donna is in love with Harvey. Have you read her interviews? Even if they claim there is a sibling relationship between the two characters, that simply isn’t true and it isn’t in their hands what happens to the characters. If Korsh decides for them to date, that what happens. Yes, Gabriel and Sarah have a sibling like relationship, but that doesn’t mean that their characters automatically has that same exact relationship.

• joanna says:

geeez. so what Gabriel and Sarah are friends?
      they are professional actors.
      They do what they are told.
      Do you think the writers would kill a storyline because the actors are friends and might feel awkward kissing each other? HA! Dont think so…

38. tracy says:

Agree with all, where is the flirting?

39. Craigger says:

I absolutely hate how short their season is and how long it is before it will come back. Zainab got it right about Rebecca not offering Harvey’s office to Louis. It almost seems like they are on a different floor in the building, maybe Hardman put him in a different department when he became managing partner or maybe he put him in charge of the associates? The only “flirting” that I could see was Donna saying to Harvey “Well you know you can call him” knowing that she is one of the only ones that can get to his conscience and that she can get away with saying that to him because she knows him better than he knows himself and he knows it. Damn I love this show. I just know its going to get canceled. All the shows I love always do!

• Kristin says:

There are six episodes left after tomorrow night! We don’t have to wait until next summer!!! And I’m totally with you. Almost all the shows I love get cancelled. :-(

40. Callie says:

there is definitely no harvey/donna flirting! they’re just being harvey & donna…and awesome. btw…WHY IS HARVEY NOT IN HIS OFFICE?! did he actually have to give his to louis?! either way, I can’t wait for 10pm tomorrow!!!

41. Sagiscor says:

Couldnt watch the video it wouldnt work- but yeah- those 2 need to hook up !!! They are the perfect fit!

42. Nancy says:

Nooooooo! They’d better not ship Donna and Harvey – they have awesome chemistry as friends and colleagues. Don’t mess with a good thing!

43. Nancy says:

Megan, sorry but you must be completely lacking in all senses. There is NO flirtation going on between Donna and Harvey. How you could even write that is beyond me. Sub-zero sexual tension there.

44. julie says:

I like that she told him he could call Mike…too bad no one told him to call her after the firing. I loved them together until he was such as ass during that whole thing and only went to see her when he needed something. Donna deserves better.

• Mich says:

Other than the fact that she was the one who screwed up, broke the law, almost cost him his license and never apologized? I love Donna, but she’s not the freaking victim in this.

• julie says:

yes other than that LOL, youre right..but…lets be honest…did she screw up? yes, BIG TIME…but he , and Jessica, fought tooth and nail to keep a guy with NO license, that Harvey hired (mistake, that could cost him and everyone he works with). He did not fight for Donna, who made her mistake to try to help Harvey, however misguided. He did not contact her to see if this person, who has been there for him for a long time, was ok..until he needed something from her. Harvey is about Harvey. Donna is not the victim in this to be sure…but she is the one who learned when the going gets tough, Harvey is for Harvey, period.

45. Seems like the usual banter between Harvey and Donna. Maybe it’s just me, but I didn’t see any flirting going on…

46. Sam says:

Awww what a cute Harvey/Mike moment. LOVE those two guys! I hope they never get Harvey and Donna together romantically. I love their friendship, and their flirting, and I’d hate to see them spoil it. Which it would.

47. Tola says:

Way to get my hopes up for NOTHING, TVLINE. In what world is that considered flirting? That’s just their usual witty banter.

48. Kathy says:

Didn’t see a ‘flirt’ in that clip AT ALL, but would love to see them together!

49. Sparky says:

He has being bumped down 3 floors to Paul Porter the bow-tie guys floor!! What grounds did Hardman have for bumping Harvey down to a teeny office….Now that’s what the headline should have being rather than this silly flirty none existent headline…

50. tal says:

Harvey flirted more with Mike, and he wasn’t even in the clip. Yay! My guess from watching the other clip, is that Mike didn’t tell him what had happened but was just probably short with him, they got into an argument, then he sent him home, and he hasn’t come back. I think if Harvey knew, he wouldn’t be wanting him back in the office and being sulky about it. Which, by the way, the sulking is adorable. Thanks TVline for posting this great Harvey/Mike scene!