TVLine Items: Walking Dead Adds Good Wife Alum, Sons Promo Touts Jax Vs. Clay and More
Dallas Roberts — who last season portrayed Juliana Margulies’ brother on The Good Wife — has joined The Walking Dead.
The actor will play the right-hand man of David Morrissey’s big, scary Governor, EW.com reports.
Roberts’ character Milton “is the details guy,” executive producer Robert Kirkman tells the site. “He’s the guy … who is monitoring all situations and is trying to help the Governor make sense of this world that they’re living in. He’s not exactly a scientist, but he’s a smart guy that is trying to find out how zombies behave.”
Roberts’ other TV credits include the short-lived Rubicon and The L Word.
Walking Dead‘s third season debuts Sunday, Oct. 14 on AMC.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Want a taste of just how icy and dicey things will be between Jax and Clay when Sons of Anarchy resumes this fall? Look no further than the following promo featuring fresh new footage from Season 5 of the FX series, which launches Sept. 11.
• Survivor alumni Michael Skupin, Russell Swan and Jonathan Penner are the three previous castaways — all of whom were medically evacuated in season’s past — returning to compete on the CBS series’ upcoming 25th cycle in the Philippines.
• Nadia Bjorlin is headed back to Days of Our Lives. Per TV Guide Magazine, she’s slated to return to work as Chloe Lane in September. Her episodes, however, will not begin airing until Jan. 4, 2013.
• Rob Huebel (Childrens Hospital) will guest-star in Up All Night‘s second season, TVGuide.com reports. He’ll play the annoying college roommate of Will Arnett’s Chris.
• Breaking Bad‘s Bryan Cranston will direct an episode of The Office‘s upcoming ninth and final season. Dunder Mifflin vet Rainn Wilson first revealed the news, tweeting a photo of the two with the caption, “Free meth for The Office! (look who’s directing…).”
• Rob Corddry (Childrens Hospital) has booked a guest spot in Fox’s new fall comedy Ben and Kate. He’ll drop in as the owner of the bar where Kate (Dakota Johnson) and BJ (Lucy Punch) work.
• Dick Van Dyke will receive the Screen Actors Guild’s Lifetime Achievement honor during the 19th Annual SAG Awards on Jan. 27, 2013.
• BBC America’s Copper on Sunday night premiered to 1.8 million total viewers across two airings, making it the channel’s highest-rated series launch ever.
• Sundance Channel has renewed its docu-series Push Girls for a second season, which will bow in 2013.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?