Exclusive First Look: Does Michael Weatherly Appear Guilty of Major Crimes?

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

It’s Michael Weatherly as you have never seen him before — at least, never wearing a tangerine-colored button-down with a beaded necklace — when the NCIS vet pays a visit to another procedural, TNT’s Major Crimes. And TVLine has an exclusive first look.

RELATED | Ratings: TNT’s Major Crimes Opens as the Summer’s Best Series Premiere

Weatherly will guest-star on the Sept. 3 episode of the freshman drama, when a homicide case involving the Israeli mob leads the Major Crimes team to Thorn Woodson, a self-proclaimed “intuitive life strategist.”

VIDEO | NCIS‘ Michael Weatherly Accepts TVLine’s Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crush Award!

In the first photo below, Weatherly’s Thorn is surprised when Flynn and Provenza (played by Anthony Dennison and G.W. Bailey) enter his home. In the second image, the suspect is counting money from a briefcase found in his car whilst being interrogated by Raydor (Mary McDonnell) and Flynn.

Major Crimes airs Mondays at 9/8c. Will you be checking out Weatherly’s far-out appearance?

Comments (36)

• YES I will watch it of course :) looks amazing. A true Michael Weatherly fan will tune in

Comment by Svenja – August 21, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree w/ you, o/c – (you’re usually right). I think I will tune in JUST to see him rock a salmon-colored shirt w/ a bohemian beaded necklace….hard to pull off, ULNESS you’re Michael Weatherly!! Also, I may not continue to watch, but I AM happy to see Anthony D. back on TV again…I LOVED him as “Ray Luca” in Crime Story!!! :P

Comment by Nubie – August 27, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are so right here. His outfit is …I mean….only he can look sexy in that. I can’t wait to see him on-screen again :) of course I will be even happier when he returns as Anthony DiNozzo, but I also look forward to this character. Amazing :)

Comment by Svenja – August 27, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch just because he is in it. I don’t think the new show will last.

Comment by tvfan – August 21, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt it will last either. Michael Weatherly is good in NCIS but this is not enough to make me tune in.

Comment by Juliab. – August 21, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Major Crimes is the top rated summer cable premier this summer; it also took the top cable show spot last week. The numbers are not all in for this week but there was a significant rise in viewers for its third week, which typically sees a large drop! It’s also starting to get great reviews. TNT just might be on to something with this one!!!

Comment by Tina – August 28, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch just about anything with Michael Weatherly.

Comment by Maria – August 21, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup, me too. Love him, and love the work he does on NCIS!

Comment by Liana in San Diego – August 21, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gee, DiNozzo’s sure been busy during his vacation! Who knew a trip to LA could be so lucrative, especially since he’s actually trapped with Ziva in an elevator in D.C.?

Comment by Dreamrose – August 21, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!! I’m there. I can’t wait to see what Michael Weatherly does with this role. I already enjoy the Major Crimes cast from their Closer run, so this should be good. Thanks for the pictures!

Comment by Mel – August 21, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so can’t wait to see Michael on Major Crimes! Like Svenja said, a true Michael Weatherly fan will watch anything that Michael is on. Thanks, Matt for the scoop and pictures. :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – August 21, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay MC! Hopefully forthcoming will be news of an Edward J. Olmos guest appearance <3

Comment by Aurora – August 21, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, for one, am really liking Major Crimes. I think if you liked The Closer you couldn’t help but like this morphed version. And being an NCIS fan, it can’t get much better. :)

Comment by Kim R – August 21, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like the new show too, and this episode looks like it will be a lot of fun by the pictures shown here!

Comment by cory – August 22, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. The Closer, now Major Crimes, and NCIS are the best!!!

Comment by Kathy – August 23, 2012 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are 100% right!

Comment by Anna Baxter – August 30, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Israeli mob. Of course :)

And I’m hoping they have BSG reunion at some point!!!

Comment by Alyssa – August 21, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Michael, but the show doesn’t interest me. I’m not sure what I’ll do.

Comment by Melody Paris – August 21, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never heard of the show but I will definitely tune in for Michael :)

Comment by Salena – August 21, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve already watched the 1st 2 episodes of “Major Crimes” and thought I thought the 1st one was a bit drag-y, I really enjoyed the 2nd one. I also think the show has got a good shot at making the grade once it finds its own groove. Will definitely be tuning in to watch Michael’s episode on Sept 3. Can’t wait to see him play a potential bad guy and sitting on the other side of the interrogation table. I’m actually hoping that Thorn is guilty as “heck” just to see Michael play a guilty suspect.

Comment by NoChance – August 21, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the new show – and will definitely not miss this one!!!

Comment by raaxx – August 22, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • of course I will!!! I watch Major Crimes anyway so with him in it will be an added pleasure!

Comment by Lori – August 22, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will be interesting.

Comment by lcromwell – August 22, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those who haven’t seen MAJOR CRIMES yet are completely missing out. And Michael Weatherly guest starring on MC? Bonus.

Comment by jwahl22222 – August 22, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really like the show except for the Sikes character. She does not have good chemistry and almost enough to make me not watch. Rest of cast is fantastic!!!

Comment by Janie walker – August 22, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she is an idiot, isn’t she!?!

Comment by raaxx – August 22, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Really have taken a liken to this show, but Sykes has got to stop sucking
      up to her new boss. I will not stop watching because of her, tho. Like the rest of
      the cast too much and I like the fact that they changed the way things are done,
      rather than have her be a Brenda Lee “clone”.

Comment by Donna – August 27, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I will be watching. Loving that Michael will be on Major Crimes.

Comment by Leslie – August 22, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes I will be watching Major Crimes

Comment by ellen – August 22, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im from Holland, too bad the show does’nt air here. But I will defeniatly watch it on the internet. Just because I love Michael Weatherly:)

Comment by Jojo – August 22, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Major Crimes will get better, at least I hope it does!! I love the cast, except for that Sikes character! I love Michael & I’ll be watching, he’s SO hot!!

Comment by Debbie – August 22, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally! Will his wild clothes match his personally? Michael will make the show! I hope this is not a sign he is leaving NCIS!! N

Comment by Roxanne – August 22, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No worries: In late June/early July, Michael signed on for 2 more seasons with “NCIS”.

Comment by NoChance – August 24, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes will watch !!!!!!

Comment by joy – August 27, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely! Can’t wait to see D’Nozzo and Raydor go at it!

Comment by Anna Baxter – August 30, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I missed Michael Weatherly when he was on the Major Crimes show on September 3rd but was lucky when I got to see him September 10th. I almost fell off my chair when I saw him! I just LOVE him and he was so good in this role. Hope he will be back on Major Crimes. I will watch this show just in case he shows up again. He is a great actor and such a pleasure to watch him. I watch every rerun of NCIS just to see him.

Comment by adriana – September 12, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post