Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Does Michael Weatherly Appear Guilty of Major Crimes?

It’s Michael Weatherly as you have never seen him before — at least, never wearing a tangerine-colored button-down with a beaded necklace — when the NCIS vet pays a visit to another procedural, TNT’s Major Crimes. And TVLine has an exclusive first look.

RELATED | Ratings: TNT’s Major Crimes Opens as the Summer’s Best Series Premiere

Weatherly will guest-star on the Sept. 3 episode of the freshman drama, when a homicide case involving the Israeli mob leads the Major Crimes team to Thorn Woodson, a self-proclaimed “intuitive life strategist.”

VIDEO | NCIS‘ Michael Weatherly Accepts TVLine’s Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crush Award!

In the first photo below, Weatherly’s Thorn is surprised when Flynn and Provenza (played by Anthony Dennison and G.W. Bailey) enter his home. In the second image, the suspect is counting money from a briefcase found in his car whilst being interrogated by Raydor (Mary McDonnell) and Flynn.

Major Crimes airs Mondays at 9/8c. Will you be checking out Weatherly’s far-out appearance?

1. Svenja says:

YES I will watch it of course :) looks amazing. A true Michael Weatherly fan will tune in

• Nubie says:

I have to agree w/ you, o/c – (you’re usually right). I think I will tune in JUST to see him rock a salmon-colored shirt w/ a bohemian beaded necklace….hard to pull off, ULNESS you’re Michael Weatherly!! Also, I may not continue to watch, but I AM happy to see Anthony D. back on TV again…I LOVED him as “Ray Luca” in Crime Story!!! :P

• Svenja says:

You are so right here. His outfit is …I mean….only he can look sexy in that. I can’t wait to see him on-screen again :) of course I will be even happier when he returns as Anthony DiNozzo, but I also look forward to this character. Amazing :)

2. tvfan says:

I’ll watch just because he is in it. I don’t think the new show will last.

• Juliab. says:

I doubt it will last either. Michael Weatherly is good in NCIS but this is not enough to make me tune in.

• Tina says:

Major Crimes is the top rated summer cable premier this summer; it also took the top cable show spot last week. The numbers are not all in for this week but there was a significant rise in viewers for its third week, which typically sees a large drop! It’s also starting to get great reviews. TNT just might be on to something with this one!!!

3. Maria says:

I’d watch just about anything with Michael Weatherly.

4. Dreamrose says:

Gee, DiNozzo’s sure been busy during his vacation! Who knew a trip to LA could be so lucrative, especially since he’s actually trapped with Ziva in an elevator in D.C.?

5. Mel says:

Yes!! I’m there. I can’t wait to see what Michael Weatherly does with this role. I already enjoy the Major Crimes cast from their Closer run, so this should be good. Thanks for the pictures!

6. I so can’t wait to see Michael on Major Crimes! Like Svenja said, a true Michael Weatherly fan will watch anything that Michael is on. Thanks, Matt for the scoop and pictures. :-)

7. Aurora says:

Yay MC! Hopefully forthcoming will be news of an Edward J. Olmos guest appearance <3

8. Kim R says:

I, for one, am really liking Major Crimes. I think if you liked The Closer you couldn’t help but like this morphed version. And being an NCIS fan, it can’t get much better. :)

9. Alyssa says:

The Israeli mob. Of course :)

And I’m hoping they have BSG reunion at some point!!!

10. Melody Paris says:

I adore Michael, but the show doesn’t interest me. I’m not sure what I’ll do.

11. Salena says:

Never heard of the show but I will definitely tune in for Michael :)

12. NoChance says:

I’ve already watched the 1st 2 episodes of “Major Crimes” and thought I thought the 1st one was a bit drag-y, I really enjoyed the 2nd one. I also think the show has got a good shot at making the grade once it finds its own groove. Will definitely be tuning in to watch Michael’s episode on Sept 3. Can’t wait to see him play a potential bad guy and sitting on the other side of the interrogation table. I’m actually hoping that Thorn is guilty as “heck” just to see Michael play a guilty suspect.

13. raaxx says:

love the new show – and will definitely not miss this one!!!

14. Lori says:

of course I will!!! I watch Major Crimes anyway so with him in it will be an added pleasure!

15. lcromwell says:

It will be interesting.

16. jwahl22222 says:

Those who haven’t seen MAJOR CRIMES yet are completely missing out. And Michael Weatherly guest starring on MC? Bonus.

17. Janie walker says:

Really like the show except for the Sikes character. She does not have good chemistry and almost enough to make me not watch. Rest of cast is fantastic!!!

• raaxx says:

she is an idiot, isn’t she!?!

• Donna says:

I agree. Really have taken a liken to this show, but Sykes has got to stop sucking
      up to her new boss. I will not stop watching because of her, tho. Like the rest of
      the cast too much and I like the fact that they changed the way things are done,
      rather than have her be a Brenda Lee “clone”.

18. Leslie says:

Yes, I will be watching. Loving that Michael will be on Major Crimes.

19. ellen says:

yes I will be watching Major Crimes

20. Jojo says:

Im from Holland, too bad the show does’nt air here. But I will defeniatly watch it on the internet. Just because I love Michael Weatherly:)

21. Debbie says:

I think Major Crimes will get better, at least I hope it does!! I love the cast, except for that Sikes character! I love Michael & I’ll be watching, he’s SO hot!!

22. Roxanne says:

Totally! Will his wild clothes match his personally? Michael will make the show! I hope this is not a sign he is leaving NCIS!! N

23. joy says:

Yes will watch !!!!!!

24. Anna Baxter says:

Absolutely! Can’t wait to see D’Nozzo and Raydor go at it!

25. adriana says:

I missed Michael Weatherly when he was on the Major Crimes show on September 3rd but was lucky when I got to see him September 10th. I almost fell off my chair when I saw him! I just LOVE him and he was so good in this role. Hope he will be back on Major Crimes. I will watch this show just in case he shows up again. He is a great actor and such a pleasure to watch him. I watch every rerun of NCIS just to see him.