Exclusive

Exclusive: Newsroom Actress Joins TV Land Pilot Brothers-in-Law as Josh Cooke's Wife

The Newsroom‘s Kelen Coleman has scored the last major role in TV Land’s comedy pilot Brothers-in-Law, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The actress — who recurs as Alison’s Pill’s roomie on Aaron Sorkin’s HBO drama — will play the wife of Josh Cooke‘s character on the multi-camera sitcom.

Exec produced by Scott Stuber (Whitney), Bill Martin and Mike Schiff (3rd Rock From the Sun), Brothers-in-Law revolves around Neil (Cooke), a regular Joe who is repeatedly forced to spend time with the eccentric fiancé (Jay Mohr) of his wife’s twin sister (Ellen Woglom), even though the guys share nothing in common.

Fans of The Office may also remember Coleman as Pam’s friend Isabel who had a one-night stand with Dwight on the eve of the Jim/Pam nuptials.

1. Liana in San Diego says:

Oh no. I was sort of hoping she and Jim would get together on “Newsroom.” Much prefer her to Alison Pill (or at least the character she plays).

2. bmchugh22 says:

I don’t remember her character on The Newsroom ever being “drug-addled”… did I miss that? Or is this a spoiler for the Season Finale?

3. Kate says:

Since when is her character “drug-addled?” I know her shady friends took Maggie’s anxiety meds once, but that hardly makes her a junkie.

4. Kate says:

Editors made a quick fix, but not quick enough for our eagle eyes… mwah ha haaa

5. They’ll probably just delete your comment too, Kate :P

6. dude says:

She’s probably one of the most likable characters on The Newsroom. And I say that as someone who genuinely loves The Newsroom.

• L says:

Couldn’t agree more. She’s probably my favourite character, and she’s not even a main one. I will definitely be checking out Brothers-in-Law now, just to see how she plays a different character. I don’t think I’ve seen her in anything else. I love Josh Cooke too.

7. Chelsea says:

Does this mean Josh Cooke won’t be around on Dexter for too long…?

8. nick1372 says:

I saw the headline and was terrified that either Olivia Munn or Alison Pill were leaving. Phew.
    I don’t like her character, but Kelen Coleman did an OK job with the role. Of course, The Newsroom’s cast is phenomenal, and she could easily be really good and I wouldn’t notice.