Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: CSI: NY Casts Justified Alum Neal McDonough as the 'Ultimate Politician'

Neal McDonough CSI: NYPerpetual TV baddie Neal McDonough‘s latest role finds him on the right side of the law for once.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the ill-fated Justified gangster has nabbed a guest spot in CSI: NY‘s upcoming ninth season.

He’ll play Senator Grant Hamilton, a character sources at the show refer to as the “ultimate politician.” While speaking at a crowded campaign rally, the senator will find himself in the middle of a shootout. Both he and CSI Lindsay (Anna Belknap) — who also attends the event — will be injured during the fray.

RELATED | CBS Premiere Plan Leads Off With Survivor 25, Ends With Relocated Mentalist

McDonough — who is slated to appear in Episode 4 of the CBS procedural’s upcoming year — most recently shot Frank Darabont’s buzzy TNT drama pilot, L.A. Noir. The fast-paced period thriller centers on the 1940s/50s-era epic battle between determined Los Angeles Police Chief William Parker (McDonough) and boxer-turned-mobster Mickey Cohen.

CSI: NY, meanwhile, kicks off Season 9 on Friday, Sept. 28 in its new 8/7c time slot.

Comments (16)

• Great casting so far for CSI NY, Rob Morrow in the season premiere and now Neal McDonough … I do hope the improved casting also means improved stories, because season 8 wasn’t that good imo.

Comment by Daisy – August 21, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. The guest stars are exciting like Rob Morrow and Natalie Martinez of Detroit 1-8-7. The episodes sound great too. For me, season 8 was very good, not better than season 7 but definitely MUCH better than season 6.

Comment by King – August 21, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m inclined to agree. S8 started out great but I wasn’t impressed at all with the second half of the season. For me it was definitely a large step down from the overall quality of S7.

Comment by peppermintsnow – August 21, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice. I loved him in Medical Investigation (yes, I still remember that show). I haven’t seen much of his work since but am excited about seeing him on CSINY. This is finally a S9 spoiler that I would categorize as a pleasant surprise.

Comment by peppermintsnow – August 21, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the CS NY scoop.

Comment by Rhylee – August 21, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop. :-)

Its a Medical Investigation reunion – as Anna was in Medical Investigation with Neal before joining CSI NY.

Comment by Nicola – August 21, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t remember the show until you mentioned Anna. THAT was the show she was in. I watched that. I remember watching her show before CSI:NY.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – August 21, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god he’s moved on to a show I don’t watch.

Comment by Velvet – August 21, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The middle of the season got so dark and hateful, and hard to watch (for me at least), as has happened with the lead females the last couple of seasons. I was relieved to move on from that. Plus, it was nice to see more of the whole cast used in the second half. Here’s hoping it continues to be more of an ensemble show.

Comment by Liz – August 21, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised he won’t be a psychopath. You know, after Desperate Housewives and Justified. I’d like to see if him playing a nice guy. :P

Comment by Barbie Furtado – August 21, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to it! Thanks for the info!

Comment by Jayne Morgan – August 21, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad he’s getting work and I am glad to hear he has another series lined up with L.A. Noir. Boomtown is his best work, though, and it was too bad people weren’t watching the second season after the schedule change. He rocked the role on that show. I’m glad he’s getting into more diverse tv work, because his movie career, unfortunately, just was not working out what with roles like that Street Fighter movie. Ugh. Deserves better.

Comment by C – August 22, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooooo! This dude creeps me the *bleep* out.

Comment by JP – August 22, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember him in Minority Report…..

Comment by Jake – August 26, 2012 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that doesn’t hurt their ratings changing their time slot. I really like the show so much better with the Stella character gone.

Comment by Jenny – September 21, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nealmcdonough you can see that you have sex offenders and daddy and hot flicking to know Lauren Taylor bukowski and Life sciences nealmcdonough in my ass opinion nut business owners to to know that you have sex with men her husband was hot touch screen with men who have sex offenders and daddy your life of a way to know Lauren she too this year nealmcdonough marry her and her husband was hot touch with her body use a falling in the clique questions about the same thing with the outfield the outfield to be a lot of love and a lot of man who has been the outfield zoo and sour thehitcher hitcher and Lauren used for your website and you’re the clique to know Lauren Conrad’s that I was a lot of people are looking at Lauren she was great sweet I have sex and a lot more than you are a lot of man who think

Comment by nealmcdonough – August 21, 2013 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post