Exclusive

Exclusive: CSI: NY Casts Justified Alum Neal McDonough as the 'Ultimate Politician'

Neal McDonough CSI: NYPerpetual TV baddie Neal McDonough‘s latest role finds him on the right side of the law for once.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the ill-fated Justified gangster has nabbed a guest spot in CSI: NY‘s upcoming ninth season.

He’ll play Senator Grant Hamilton, a character sources at the show refer to as the “ultimate politician.” While speaking at a crowded campaign rally, the senator will find himself in the middle of a shootout. Both he and CSI Lindsay (Anna Belknap) — who also attends the event — will be injured during the fray.

RELATED | CBS Premiere Plan Leads Off With Survivor 25, Ends With Relocated Mentalist

McDonough — who is slated to appear in Episode 4 of the CBS procedural’s upcoming year — most recently shot Frank Darabont’s buzzy TNT drama pilot, L.A. Noir. The fast-paced period thriller centers on the 1940s/50s-era epic battle between determined Los Angeles Police Chief William Parker (McDonough) and boxer-turned-mobster Mickey Cohen.

CSI: NY, meanwhile, kicks off Season 9 on Friday, Sept. 28 in its new 8/7c time slot.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Scoop

1. Daisy says:

Great casting so far for CSI NY, Rob Morrow in the season premiere and now Neal McDonough … I do hope the improved casting also means improved stories, because season 8 wasn’t that good imo.

• King says:

I agree. The guest stars are exciting like Rob Morrow and Natalie Martinez of Detroit 1-8-7. The episodes sound great too. For me, season 8 was very good, not better than season 7 but definitely MUCH better than season 6.

• peppermintsnow says:

I’m inclined to agree. S8 started out great but I wasn’t impressed at all with the second half of the season. For me it was definitely a large step down from the overall quality of S7.

2. peppermintsnow says:

Nice. I loved him in Medical Investigation (yes, I still remember that show). I haven’t seen much of his work since but am excited about seeing him on CSINY. This is finally a S9 spoiler that I would categorize as a pleasant surprise.

3. Rhylee says:

Thanks for the CS NY scoop.

4. Nicola says:

Thanks for the scoop. :-)

Its a Medical Investigation reunion – as Anna was in Medical Investigation with Neal before joining CSI NY.

5. Velvet says:

Thank god he’s moved on to a show I don’t watch.

6. Liz says:

The middle of the season got so dark and hateful, and hard to watch (for me at least), as has happened with the lead females the last couple of seasons. I was relieved to move on from that. Plus, it was nice to see more of the whole cast used in the second half. Here’s hoping it continues to be more of an ensemble show.

7. I’m surprised he won’t be a psychopath. You know, after Desperate Housewives and Justified. I’d like to see if him playing a nice guy. :P

8. Jayne Morgan says:

Looking forward to it! Thanks for the info!

9. C says:

Glad he’s getting work and I am glad to hear he has another series lined up with L.A. Noir. Boomtown is his best work, though, and it was too bad people weren’t watching the second season after the schedule change. He rocked the role on that show. I’m glad he’s getting into more diverse tv work, because his movie career, unfortunately, just was not working out what with roles like that Street Fighter movie. Ugh. Deserves better.

10. JP says:

Noooooooooo! This dude creeps me the *bleep* out.

11. Jake says:

I remember him in Minority Report…..

12. Jenny says:

I hope that doesn’t hurt their ratings changing their time slot. I really like the show so much better with the Stella character gone.

13. Nealmcdonough you can see that you have sex offenders and daddy and hot flicking to know Lauren Taylor bukowski and Life sciences nealmcdonough in my ass opinion nut business owners to to know that you have sex with men her husband was hot touch screen with men who have sex offenders and daddy your life of a way to know Lauren she too this year nealmcdonough marry her and her husband was hot touch with her body use a falling in the clique questions about the same thing with the outfield the outfield to be a lot of love and a lot of man who has been the outfield zoo and sour thehitcher hitcher and Lauren used for your website and you’re the clique to know Lauren Conrad’s that I was a lot of people are looking at Lauren she was great sweet I have sex and a lot more than you are a lot of man who think