Fall TV Preview

Fall TV: 110 September Premiere and Finale Dates!

Is your DVR ready to rumble?

Yes, NBC has already let loose with a sneak peek here and there, but make no mistake: The Fall TV season starts in September, and here to help you come even close to managing your schedule is a calendar of the month’s big premieres, along with a smattering of season and series finales.

We start things off slow, with a few finales and a bit of football. Then The Voice begins to sing, the Bravermans arrive to further school you on Parenthood and we throw some Glee your way. Come mid-month, all bets are off with at least five different days serving up nine pieces of “event” programming. Oh, and somewhere amidst all of it is a little show called the Emmys.

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

Here is TVLine’s handy calendar of September dates to save, plus a cursory look at what October has in store. New series are in BOLD. Click on the thumbnail below, and save the dates!
Preemptive P.S. My calendar-making skills are not infallible, so if you spot something that is (theoretically) missing, drop a polite note in Comments and I will (possibly) include it in an update.

RELATED | Read TVLine’s First Impressions of Nashville, Arrow, Revolution and More New Shows

You can also view the broadcast networks’ Fall TV roll-out plans in detail at these links: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW – a good way to save yourself some “Ohmygod, where is Body of Proof?! Oh… it’s midseason” anxiety.

Comments (118)

• Love these premiere calendars! Thanks, Matt.

Comment by Lorie – August 20, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my gosh thank u!!!!!

Comment by Kris – September 2, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it September yet? :)

Comment by Tybois – August 20, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thanks, Matt!

Comment by abbyjo – August 20, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By any chance have you heard anything about Psych’s premiere? All I’ve found is this fall so far.

Comment by Esaul – August 20, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d like to know that too.

Comment by Kate – August 20, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Fall.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The premier date for Psych is locked up tighter than Fort Knox. It’s actually getting annoying.

Comment by Mary Helen – September 6, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • any release of a date for Psych? I don’t want to miss it.

Comment by Joyce Douglas – September 21, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m predicting the date to be Oct 10 or 17. The sixth season DVD comes out on Oct 16.

Comment by Balaji K – September 6, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The DNC starts on the 3rd, not the 4th.

Comment by J.W. – August 20, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The broadcast networks’ primetime TV coverage begins Sept. 4.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much for this!

Comment by Andrea – August 20, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANKS.

Comment by E – August 20, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. It is an amazing resource! :)

Comment by S – August 20, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for CSI: NY now at Fridays at 8/7c! Worried about The Mentalist though. Also, my Wednesdays and Thursdays are going to be full. My DVR’s going to have workout every night.

Revolution is the new show I’m most excited for. I hope it does well in the ratings.

Thanks!

Comment by King – August 20, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • confused: why Saving Hope’s season Finale is listed on September 8th (a Saturday) and not the Thurs 13?

Comment by Maria Gabriela Perez (@Gottara) – August 20, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It just is; I even double-confirmed with NBC just prior to posting this.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you haven’t noticed by now, NBC pulled Saving Hope. That finale if being shown on the web ONLY.
      I loved that show!

Comment by Claudia – September 12, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wait for these every year! Thanks so much!

Comment by Kara – August 20, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much for this.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – August 20, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks!

Comment by Juli – August 20, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • anything on Justified?

Comment by Connie – August 20, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JUSTIFIED’s seasons have premiered in March, February and March (aka it’s a spring show).

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • thanks…ugh what a long wait

Comment by Connie – August 20, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Season 3 premiered on Jan 17, 2012. Not March. :-)

Comment by Balaji K – August 20, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Indeed — still, a long ways off from “fall.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah. I wasn’t questioning why the show isn’t mentioned in this calendar. FX hasn’t even announced the October premiere dates of “It’s always Sunny In Philadelphia,” “American Horror Story,” and “The League.”

Comment by Balaji K – August 20, 2012 07:13 PM PDT
  • Any news on when Doctor Who starts? Either in the UK or here on BBC America?

Comment by Erin – August 20, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s another one I’d like to know about also, thanks Erin

Comment by Connie – August 20, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 7 is premiering September 1st.

Comment by Marz – August 20, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, thanks! Will you be doing another for October?

Comment by Liz – August 20, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 91% of October is shown in the box on lower right, so… maybe.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • September 30th, sh*t is going down! The Good Wife, The Mentalist, Homeland–can’t wait.
    Sundays are stacked :)

Comment by Saint Alicia – August 20, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amazing Race, Once Upon a Time, Mentalist, Homeland, Dexter, Revenge… and its my Bday :D

Comment by Marvin – August 21, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Dateline premieres on Friday Sept. 28th. I don’t see it on your calendar and that is my favorite show!

Comment by KatB – August 20, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DATELINE was omitted from NBC’s press release; added!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doctor Who on September 8th on BBC America.

Comment by This – August 20, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 17th can’t come soon enough…ready for some Bones!!!

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – August 20, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome… when does its always sunny premiere?

Comment by William – August 20, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “October.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks so much! Really looking forward to Sons of Anarchy, Heaven, Doctor Who and The Vampire Diaries… and now I can count the days :)

Comment by Els – August 20, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Premieres you missed:

Fast N’ Loud (Discovery) Sept 3 @ 10 pm
    Flipping Out (Bravo) Sept 4 @ 9 pm
    Texas Car Wars (Discovery) Sept 6 @10 pm
    Broadway or Bust (PBS) Sept 9 @ 8 pm
    Bomb Girls (ReelzChannel) Sept 11 @ 10 pm
    Sons of Guns (Discovery) Sept 12 @ 9 pm
    The Real Housewives of Miami (Bravo) Sept 13 @ 10 pm
    Bayou Billionaires (CMT) Sept 15 @ 9 pm
    Redneck Rehab (CMT) Sept 15 @ 10 pm
    Be Good Johhny Weir (Logo) Sept 17 @ 10 pm

Comment by nick1372 – August 20, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He didn’t “miss” any of those shows.

Comment by kingnoth1234 – August 20, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What do you mean?

Comment by nick1372 – August 20, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think he puts cable reality shows on these….

Comment by Fran – August 21, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • …then explain why Army Wives is up there.

If you’re right, Bomb Girls is a scripted drama anyway.

Comment by nick1372 – August 21, 2012 08:34 AM PDT
          • For Nick – Army Wives, starring Catherine Bell and Kim Delaney? What does that have to do with reality shows?

Comment by Me – August 21, 2012 01:17 PM PDT
          • Never mind. I made a mistake.

Comment by nick1372 – August 21, 2012 05:34 PM PDT
  • Thank you Matt. I have come to depend on this schedule! LOL

Comment by Christy Wright – August 20, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even know how to handle Sundays- wow

Comment by Tammi_T – August 20, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sundays is packed!!! Revenge, Good Wife, Homeland, Dexter, Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time, 666 Park Avenue, Family Guy and football. Wow! I wonder what I’m gonna watch.

Comment by Kissan – August 20, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sunday at 9:00 pm there is not one show I’m interested in watching, at least until 2013 when Nurse Jackie and Mad Men return. Guess I’ll be watching The Big Bang Theory reruns.

Comment by Holly – August 20, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Flashpoint returns Thursday, Sept. 27 in Canada on CTV…any idea when it will be back in the US on Ion?

Comment by Rach – August 20, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woot! So glad this is up, was just thinking about it today. I love not having to worry about keeping track of premieres because you wonderful tvline people do it for us. Thank you!

Comment by itsme – August 20, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • According to TV.com, the following shows are missing:
    -1600 Penn, Sept. 06
    - Save Me, Sept. 06
    - The Following. Sept. 10
    - Hannibal, Sept. 12
    - Do No Harm, Sept. 14
    - Infamous. Sept. 19
    - Flashpoint, Sept. 20

Comment by Bishop Habal – August 20, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You must have read incorrectly; those are all midseason, save for FLASHPOINT (which doesn’t have a U.S./ION Network premiere date yet).

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do we have a date for ANTM?

Comment by Addictedtobadtv – August 20, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This Friday is when COLLEGE EDITION premieres; it continues into the fall.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Matt, but check with TV.com for any of the listed shows above, and you will see what I meant, for example: Hannibal”:

COUNTDOWN TO PREMIERE DATE: 21 DAYS 14 HOURS 0 MINS 1 SECS

Comment by Bishop Habal – August 20, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fascinating!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2012 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Do you know Matt, that they got most of their reports from your website, and for example: this the same list of fall programs will be listed in their website by tomorrow, and I would really like to check whether they will add those missing shows to the list or not.
        I keep telling them that they were lately very messed up but in vain.
        Thank you again Matt and have a wonderful day.

Comment by Bishop Habal – August 20, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Degrassi comes back October 12.

Comment by Roni – August 20, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Last Resort?

Comment by This – August 20, 2012 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • September 27. Just like it says on the chart.

Comment by nick1372 – August 21, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could you add the premiere/finale dates for all bravo shows, including flipping out, real housewives of miami, top chef masters and real housewives of nyc? I would also like to know the finale date of tnt show major crimes. Thank you thank you thank you!

Comment by Raina W – August 21, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The MAJOR CRIMES finale airs Oct. 15.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 21, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you! You are awesome!

Comment by Raina W – August 22, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Flipping Out – Sept 4 @ 9 pm
      The Real Housewives of Miami – Sept 13 @ 10 pm

The others are midseason/summr shows.

Comment by nick1372 – August 21, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about The League on FX? That’s coming back for another season isn’t it?

Comment by Erin – August 23, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love premiere/finale calendars…I print it out and highlight and make plans! It would be nice to have a tab or link to it though…I usually have to search for them…

Comment by Robin – August 26, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is “The Carrie Diaries” midseason? :S

Comment by Camilla – August 27, 2012 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. I’m guessing that would be Monday January 7 @ 9 pm. Because it takes over after Gossip Girls final 11 episodes.

Comment by nick1372 – August 27, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cinemax’s new Melissa George-fronted spy series Hunted?

Comment by davtw183 – August 28, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Friday, October 19th at 10 pm.

Comment by nick1372 – September 3, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for relieving my fall stress!! Now I know where to look next year.
    Any work on Game of Thrones? (I know, I know only network shows) still..?

Comment by Elkantar – August 29, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do u know when the new season of 90210 starts?

Comment by April – August 30, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Monday, October 8th at 8 pm.

Comment by nick1372 – August 30, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Crimson Petal and the White is on Encore (not Starz) 9/10 & 9/11

Comment by Nancy – September 2, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Horror Story premires October 17

Comment by Matthew – September 3, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for this! I already had all the dates on my calendar as TVLine announced them but it’s always nice to double-check. It’s also nice to see how my TV schedule is going to look so I know when the flip the channel and which shows I will need to watch later. I really need to write the schedule down beyond the premieres though :)

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – September 3, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also hope that the New Girl episode at 8 on the 25th isn’t the first of a two-parter premiere that’ll conclude at the normal 9:00 spot. I’m too stubborn to miss the full NCIS premiere. Anyone know what the 8:00 episode of New Girl is gonna be like on the 25th?

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – September 3, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is a brand-new episode.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – September 4, 2012 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I figured that but is the episode at 9 gonna be part 2 of 2 with part 1 airing at 8 or will the two be completely separate from each other, storyline/arc-wise? That’s my question :)

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – September 4, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No, they are stand-alone episodes. FOX is calling the 9pm episode as the season premiere though. They could have just premiered Raising Hope on Sep 25 instead of Oct 2. I’m guessing they are airing a special episode of New Girl at 8pm on Sep 25 to give a good lead-in to Ben & Kate premiere.

Comment by Balaji K – September 4, 2012 08:36 PM PDT
          • OK, thanks!

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – September 4, 2012 08:38 PM PDT
  • I don’t know why this hasn’t been listed anywhere but on TV Guide.com but Grimm on NBC has been airing on Monday night since sometime in Aug and will convene to regular Friday nights at 9 starting Sept 28.

Comment by Rox – September 4, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My dvr is saying there’s a new Touch on 9-14

Comment by Joe – September 4, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Left over episode from Season one.

Comment by Balaji K – September 4, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just in case, you intend to make another revision:
    COMEDY CENTRAL
    September 25 @10:00 p.m. – Tosh.0
    September 25 @10:30 p.m. – Brickleberry
    (Only because you have mentioned the return of South Park and the premiere of Key & Peele).

Comment by Balaji K – September 4, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No room; but thanks!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – September 4, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A million thanks to you Matt for constructing this beautiful calendar. looking forward to the full october calendar. You take it easy man. Best of luck!

Comment by Daniel – September 10, 2012 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems NBC has announced that the season premiere of The New Normal will be on September 10 (10-10:30 p.m. ET) following the season premiere of “The Voice” (8-10 p.m. ET). And the time period premiere will be on September 11 (9:30-10 p.m. ET).

This means the Grimm episode on September 10 has been bumped and it’s possible that Grimm’s time period premiere is on September 28.

(Grimm – time period premiere – appears on both Sep 14 and 21 in the calendar).

Comment by Balaji K – September 4, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe it was originally the 21st and is now the 14th. You are going in the wrong direction suggesting it would be moved to the 28th.

Comment by nick1372 – September 4, 2012 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When NBC originally announced the premiere dates in June, they set the Friday time period premiere for Sep 14. Revision 2 of this calendar also showed the premiere as Sep 14. The current revision shows the premiere dates as both Sep 14 and Sep 21.

There was a Grimm episode scheduled on Sep 10 which got bumped now. After the Sep 3 Grimm episode, the promo for the next episode said that it will be on Sep 28.

Comment by Balaji K – September 5, 2012 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • An NBC rep has confirmed that GRIMM’s next new episode now marks its move to Fridays, on Sept. 28; calendar updated.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 5, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK can someone (Matt and/or others!) give me an update on The Lying Game on ABC Family? I keep finding mixed messages on the web. But if I hear it from TVLine – I’ll breathe a little easier. Midseason premiere in Jan? Fall? Any idea of the day? ANY info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment by mirvin365 – September 4, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never mind…just saw TV Line article posted Sat. Note to self: read first, post questions later.

Comment by mirvin365 – September 4, 2012 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All – Stop 2nd guessing Matt & let the man do his job!
    Matt- Any idea when “American Scream” will premiere on the Chiller Network? It looks awesome!
    Thx so much in advance!