Fall TV Preview

Fringe Final Season First Look: For Etta or Worse!

The last thing Peter and Olivia need whilst enjoying a leisurely afternoon in the park with daughter Etta is a field full of Observers charging their way. And yet that is exactly what’s going down in the following promo for Fringe‘s fifth and final season.

RELATED | Fringe Video: New Final Season Teaser Trailer Issues Dire Warning

Press PLAY below for your first look at the Fox drama’s swan-song year (launching Friday, Sept. 28 at 9/8c), and then hit the comments with your snappy judgements — particularly on that wedding band Peter is rocking!

Tags:

Comments (30)

• LOVE it. Actually got chills watching the Observers march with that music. Can’t wait. Just wish we were getting a full season.

Comment by Adad24 – August 18, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Six seasons and a movie! How I wish…

Comment by chiana – August 18, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do, too. But at this point, with the way it’s defied cancellation so many times and is now being given a proper ending so they can go out in exactly the way they wish to…I’m trying to not wish for more than we’ve already gotten.

Comment by Brooke – August 19, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This last season of Fringe is something I never though would happen, and I will never say anything against the network for their treatment of the show. It started strong, they supported it, but it just was out-of-sync with mainstream tastes (see almost every good show ever made). They gave the creators the freedom to tell the story they wanted and enough notice to craft a satisfying ending. Of course I’m still very annoyed over Firefly, so screw you Fox!

Comment by Floodlit World – August 19, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s going to be legend-wait for it……DARY!!!

Comment by tp – August 18, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a hunch that whole promo may have been designed specifically as a clever way to flaunt that wedding ring. Yet another reason I love this show – it’s all about the details.

Comment by wordsmith – August 18, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ahh! God I’m so slow, didn’t catch that!! thank you for your sharp eye!

Comment by jen – August 18, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Zoomed down to video so fast didn’t even read the text above, doh!!

Comment by jen – August 18, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am happy and sad, Fringe is coming back but this is the last season. Why is it that they cancel the good, substance and interesting shows but keep on dumb founded reality shows and keep bringing more? There are at least 5-10 shows that should should still be on that are as intriguing as Fringe. And as for Peter’s wedding band?!?!? I think Olivia proposed to him and asked Walter for permission.

Comment by Melanie – August 18, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems like quite a time jump. Hopefully that will keep things fresh rather than making them weird.

Comment by Jenna – August 18, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww Olivia and Peter’s baby. So sweet. What a love story. Now the Observers coming but the Bishop family will save the world!
    God I’m going to miss this show more than any other show I’ve watched.

Comment by Michelle Lee (@SujithaBai) – August 18, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Already gives to us we see a new Fringe: Etta!

Comment by Zepp OnAir – August 18, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to miss this show SO much.

Comment by Alex – August 18, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter and Olivia being married 5 years in the future shouldn’t be a surprise, especially since they got married without having a kid in that possible future episode at the end of season 3.

Comment by Nora – August 18, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there any chance that it will be sooooo goood, and sooo profitable that Fox will just have to keep it??

Comment by Willbur – August 18, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope so. They could do five episodes a year and I would still watch obsessively.

Comment by Jenny – August 19, 2012 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Henry Ian Cusick coming back?

Comment by APuff – August 19, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not going to watch it, but just wanted to say I can’t wait for Fringe to return in September!

Comment by Sareeta – August 19, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh wow this gives me chills. And little Etta is soo cute!!

Comment by Liz – August 19, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a little sad that we apparently aren’t going to see Peter and Olivia as new parents, but I’m also very, very excited for what’s in store!

Comment by Mcat – August 19, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe they’ll give us some flashbacks

Comment by Sheila – August 19, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and the season 4 was my absolute favorite, I just wish we had more then 13 episodes

Comment by Nan – August 19, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’ll be so hard to say goodbye :(

Comment by Catalina (@cmcandela) – August 20, 2012 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow…can’t wait. Just over a month to go. Good to know that Peter has a wedding band on. :) :D

Comment by Vannesa – August 20, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So what ever happened to the baby in that super fast gestation period that Faux O’livia had 2 seasons ago? I know it was one of the alternative realities that does not seem to exist anymore but who knows, maybe that’s where Etta is from.

Comment by Paul – August 28, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringegasm!!!

Comment by panda – August 29, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad it’s ending, but so glad we get a proper ending… Unlike a lot of other good shows. Now, how ’bout a spin-off with Etta and Simon about everything that happenned before “Letters of Transit?! I would watch that!!! Anyone?! :)

Comment by Binx – September 6, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post