Fringe Final Season First Look: For Etta or Worse!

The last thing Peter and Olivia need whilst enjoying a leisurely afternoon in the park with daughter Etta is a field full of Observers charging their way. And yet that is exactly what’s going down in the following promo for Fringe‘s fifth and final season.

RELATED | Fringe Video: New Final Season Teaser Trailer Issues Dire Warning

Press PLAY below for your first look at the Fox drama’s swan-song year (launching Friday, Sept. 28 at 9/8c), and then hit the comments with your snappy judgements — particularly on that wedding band Peter is rocking!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, First Look, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. Adad24 says:

LOVE it. Actually got chills watching the Observers march with that music. Can’t wait. Just wish we were getting a full season.

• chiana says:

Six seasons and a movie! How I wish…

• Brooke says:

I do, too. But at this point, with the way it’s defied cancellation so many times and is now being given a proper ending so they can go out in exactly the way they wish to…I’m trying to not wish for more than we’ve already gotten.

• This last season of Fringe is something I never though would happen, and I will never say anything against the network for their treatment of the show. It started strong, they supported it, but it just was out-of-sync with mainstream tastes (see almost every good show ever made). They gave the creators the freedom to tell the story they wanted and enough notice to craft a satisfying ending. Of course I’m still very annoyed over Firefly, so screw you Fox!

2. tp says:

It’s going to be legend-wait for it……DARY!!!

3. wordsmith says:

I have a hunch that whole promo may have been designed specifically as a clever way to flaunt that wedding ring. Yet another reason I love this show – it’s all about the details.

4. Melanie says:

I am happy and sad, Fringe is coming back but this is the last season. Why is it that they cancel the good, substance and interesting shows but keep on dumb founded reality shows and keep bringing more? There are at least 5-10 shows that should should still be on that are as intriguing as Fringe. And as for Peter’s wedding band?!?!? I think Olivia proposed to him and asked Walter for permission.

5. Jenna says:

Seems like quite a time jump. Hopefully that will keep things fresh rather than making them weird.

6. Awww Olivia and Peter’s baby. So sweet. What a love story. Now the Observers coming but the Bishop family will save the world!
    God I’m going to miss this show more than any other show I’ve watched.

7. Zepp OnAir says:

Already gives to us we see a new Fringe: Etta!

8. Alex says:

I’m going to miss this show SO much.

9. Nora says:

Peter and Olivia being married 5 years in the future shouldn’t be a surprise, especially since they got married without having a kid in that possible future episode at the end of season 3.

10. Willbur says:

Is there any chance that it will be sooooo goood, and sooo profitable that Fox will just have to keep it??

11. APuff says:

Is Henry Ian Cusick coming back?

12. Sareeta says:

Not going to watch it, but just wanted to say I can’t wait for Fringe to return in September!

13. Liz says:

Oh wow this gives me chills. And little Etta is soo cute!!

14. Mcat says:

I’m a little sad that we apparently aren’t going to see Peter and Olivia as new parents, but I’m also very, very excited for what’s in store!

15. Nan says:

I love this show and the season 4 was my absolute favorite, I just wish we had more then 13 episodes

16. It’ll be so hard to say goodbye :(

17. Vannesa says:

Wow…can’t wait. Just over a month to go. Good to know that Peter has a wedding band on. :) :D

18. Paul says:

So what ever happened to the baby in that super fast gestation period that Faux O’livia had 2 seasons ago? I know it was one of the alternative realities that does not seem to exist anymore but who knows, maybe that’s where Etta is from.

19. panda says:

Fringegasm!!!

20. Binx says:

So sad it’s ending, but so glad we get a proper ending… Unlike a lot of other good shows. Now, how ’bout a spin-off with Etta and Simon about everything that happenned before “Letters of Transit?! I would watch that!!! Anyone?! :)