Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Casting: Revenge Adds Teen Wolf Dad

Revenge JR BourneSomething Wolf-y this way comes to Revenge.

JR Bourne, who portrays Allison’s dangerous dad on MTV’s Teen Wolf, has booked a recurring role in the ABC drama’s upcoming second season.

As first reported by our sister site Deadline, he joins as a “magnetic and self-assured” Hampton-ite named Kenny who hides behind his wealthy façade.

RELATED | Exclusive Revenge Deleted Scene: Nolan and Mason Declare Fauxmanda’s Innocence

Bourne — whose other recent TV credits include The Secret Circle and Suits — is expected to return to Teen Wolf for its super-sized third season. Revenge, meanwhile, launches Season 2 in a new Sunday night time slot on Sept.30 at 9/8c.

Comments (21)

• WHOO! He is such an underrated actor and I love watching him on Teen Wolf as Allison’s father and a honorable hunter. Having him on Revenge will definitely ease the pain of having to wait for Teen Wolf to come back on air. I remember when he was on The Secret Circle, that was exciting! Looking forward to seeing him on Revenge definitely. PS. Anyone not watching Teen Wolf, should!

Comment by Anony – August 17, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I swear this guy is like in every show. He must have nailed every audition he got. Good for him!

Comment by Leo – August 17, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve liked him since “Stargate: SG1″.

Comment by SAM – August 17, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just thinking that. I adored him on SG1 and have enjoyed him in all his other guest spots

Comment by Heather – August 18, 2012 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry but that is Martouf. The day where Teen Wolf out ranks Stargate SG-1 makes me sad. I literally yelled “Martouf” when I saw the picture. That being said, I’m glad to see a Syfy staple actor make it into network primetime. There are some really talented actors that make a living going from Syfy show to Syfy show. Also a bunch of them guest star on other sci fi shows like Teen Wolf and particularly Supernatural. I think the entire cast of Eureka has been on Supernatural.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 17, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They lead with his best-known role to a wide majority. Stargate-SG1 is a genre show only Stargate-SG1 fans know much about. His meatiest, most well known role is as Mr. Argent on Teen Wolf. It’s not a comment on the quality of the show, it’s just what’s most known to people.

Comment by dude – August 17, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um, could you please explain to me how SG-1 which was a huge show is less well known than a small rated show on MTV? Also how is a show about werewolves not a genre show? Teen Wolf and SG-1 are both Sci Fi shows. SG-1 is a decade spanning phenomenon with multiple spin offs (one more successful than the other). Teen Wolf is a relatively obscure new show with a fanbase a fraction of the size of SG-1. I’ll grant you that his part in Teen Wolf is more substantial but I’d wager that more people would know him from SG-1 from the simple fact that SG-1 was so much more popular a show. Perhaps you are too young to remember how popular SG-1 was? It only went off the air 4 years ago.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 17, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am 25 and I have never watched SG-1 and so would not recognise him from this – I do watch Teen Wolf however (it’s a guilty pleasure) and I knew the actor straight away from this show. Had the headline read SG-1 actor I may not have clicked, despite being a Revenge fan.

Comment by katy917 – August 18, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Look, I love SG1, and loved him as Martouf. That said however, he wasn’t in that many episodes if you actually count them. His Character was memorable definitely, but over 10 years… many people might not make the connection…

Comment by Vanny – August 20, 2012 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • My point was that even as someone who just guest starred in episodes over the course of the series the fan base is larger, ergo more people than Teen Wolf which is a much smaller show with a smaller fan base. More people watch the show so more people would recognize him from that. Anyone who saw the episodes with Martouf would remember him. His character was pivotal in the show and he was constantly with Sam’s dad. Not to mention all the quasi-romantic scenes with Sam. He was referenced constantly in the series even in episodes that he wasn’t actually in.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 20, 2012 02:00 AM PDT
    • Never mind Supernatural, you should watch SG: Atlantis and see how many actors from that ended up in Eureka!! At one point when watching recently, there was at least 1 per episode of Atlantis that had turned up in Eureka.

Comment by Bouncy Castle – August 20, 2012 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, lot’s of the Syfy actors are on Supernatural. It cracks me up every time.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 20, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • he plays his part in teen wolf soo good …can’t wait till next summer but until then I will definitely tune in to his shows.!!!

Comment by Maria Taylor – August 17, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s been a werewolf hunter, he’s been a witch hunter. Will he now be some kind of revenge-seeker-hunter?

Comment by steveo – August 17, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *whew*, man, for a minute there I thought they were gonna replace him! No, no, don’t do that!

Comment by miau – August 17, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is he a series regular on Teen Wolf?

Comment by Mick – August 17, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure. They’re moving production from Atlanta to Los Angeles, which is why he can do both.

Comment by dude – August 17, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved him since he played Martouf on Stargate SG1! Glad to see he’s joining one of my new favourite shows.

Comment by itsme – August 17, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chiming in with more MARTOUF. It’s how I first knew him but I am happy to see him in anything, I love his face and his voice and his eyes and all that. He’s lovely.

Comment by Sarah – August 17, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, but the question is — will he be hunting people seeking revenge? Hey, he plays a werewolf hunter on Teen Wolf and played a witch hunter on The Secret Circle. Typecasting is a big issue in Hollywood!

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – August 18, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have no idea what SG1 is but love teen wolf and mr. Argent is amazing!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Marcie – August 28, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post