Fall TV Casting: Revenge Adds Teen Wolf Dad

Revenge JR BourneSomething Wolf-y this way comes to Revenge.

JR Bourne, who portrays Allison’s dangerous dad on MTV’s Teen Wolf, has booked a recurring role in the ABC drama’s upcoming second season.

As first reported by our sister site Deadline, he joins as a “magnetic and self-assured” Hampton-ite named Kenny who hides behind his wealthy façade.

RELATED | Exclusive Revenge Deleted Scene: Nolan and Mason Declare Fauxmanda’s Innocence

Bourne — whose other recent TV credits include The Secret Circle and Suits — is expected to return to Teen Wolf for its super-sized third season. Revenge, meanwhile, launches Season 2 in a new Sunday night time slot on Sept.30 at 9/8c.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Fall TV Preview

1. Anony says:

WHOO! He is such an underrated actor and I love watching him on Teen Wolf as Allison’s father and a honorable hunter. Having him on Revenge will definitely ease the pain of having to wait for Teen Wolf to come back on air. I remember when he was on The Secret Circle, that was exciting! Looking forward to seeing him on Revenge definitely. PS. Anyone not watching Teen Wolf, should!

2. SAM says:

I’ve liked him since “Stargate: SG1″.

3. I’m sorry but that is Martouf. The day where Teen Wolf out ranks Stargate SG-1 makes me sad. I literally yelled “Martouf” when I saw the picture. That being said, I’m glad to see a Syfy staple actor make it into network primetime. There are some really talented actors that make a living going from Syfy show to Syfy show. Also a bunch of them guest star on other sci fi shows like Teen Wolf and particularly Supernatural. I think the entire cast of Eureka has been on Supernatural.

• dude says:

They lead with his best-known role to a wide majority. Stargate-SG1 is a genre show only Stargate-SG1 fans know much about. His meatiest, most well known role is as Mr. Argent on Teen Wolf. It’s not a comment on the quality of the show, it’s just what’s most known to people.

• Um, could you please explain to me how SG-1 which was a huge show is less well known than a small rated show on MTV? Also how is a show about werewolves not a genre show? Teen Wolf and SG-1 are both Sci Fi shows. SG-1 is a decade spanning phenomenon with multiple spin offs (one more successful than the other). Teen Wolf is a relatively obscure new show with a fanbase a fraction of the size of SG-1. I’ll grant you that his part in Teen Wolf is more substantial but I’d wager that more people would know him from SG-1 from the simple fact that SG-1 was so much more popular a show. Perhaps you are too young to remember how popular SG-1 was? It only went off the air 4 years ago.

• katy917 says:

I am 25 and I have never watched SG-1 and so would not recognise him from this – I do watch Teen Wolf however (it’s a guilty pleasure) and I knew the actor straight away from this show. Had the headline read SG-1 actor I may not have clicked, despite being a Revenge fan.

• Vanny says:

Look, I love SG1, and loved him as Martouf. That said however, he wasn’t in that many episodes if you actually count them. His Character was memorable definitely, but over 10 years… many people might not make the connection…

• My point was that even as someone who just guest starred in episodes over the course of the series the fan base is larger, ergo more people than Teen Wolf which is a much smaller show with a smaller fan base. More people watch the show so more people would recognize him from that. Anyone who saw the episodes with Martouf would remember him. His character was pivotal in the show and he was constantly with Sam’s dad. Not to mention all the quasi-romantic scenes with Sam. He was referenced constantly in the series even in episodes that he wasn’t actually in.

• Bouncy Castle says:

Never mind Supernatural, you should watch SG: Atlantis and see how many actors from that ended up in Eureka!! At one point when watching recently, there was at least 1 per episode of Atlantis that had turned up in Eureka.

4. Maria Taylor says:

he plays his part in teen wolf soo good …can’t wait till next summer but until then I will definitely tune in to his shows.!!!

5. steveo says:

He’s been a werewolf hunter, he’s been a witch hunter. Will he now be some kind of revenge-seeker-hunter?

6. miau says:

*whew*, man, for a minute there I thought they were gonna replace him! No, no, don’t do that!

7. Mick says:

Is he a series regular on Teen Wolf?

8. itsme says:

I’ve loved him since he played Martouf on Stargate SG1! Glad to see he’s joining one of my new favourite shows.

9. Sarah says:

Chiming in with more MARTOUF. It’s how I first knew him but I am happy to see him in anything, I love his face and his voice and his eyes and all that. He’s lovely.

10. I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) says:

Yes, but the question is — will he be hunting people seeking revenge? Hey, he plays a werewolf hunter on Teen Wolf and played a witch hunter on The Secret Circle. Typecasting is a big issue in Hollywood!

11. Marcie says:

Have no idea what SG1 is but love teen wolf and mr. Argent is amazing!!!!!!!!!