TNT Renews Perception For Second Season

Get More: Renewals

Perception RenewedTNT has greenlit a second season of Perception.

The drama starring Eric McCormack as a schizophrenic professor-turned-FBI sleuth is averaging 7 million viewers in its current rookie season, 1.8 million of which fall in the adult 18-49 demo. Its July 9 premiere ranks as the year’s third best cable debut, behind TNT’s Major Crimes and Dallas.

Perception has captured the imagination of TNT’s audience of armchair detectives with wonderfully intricate cases, emotionally charged situations and, of course, a terrific cast led by Eric McCormack,” said TNT prez Michael Wright. “Daniel Pierce is a truly unique and fascinating addition to television’s pantheon of crime solvers. We look forward to seeing where Perception takes us next.”

Perception wraps Season 1 in mid-September. Its 13-epiosde second season is slated to air next year.

Comments (25)

• YAY! More Eric McCormack for me!!!

Comment by Michele Bernardes – August 17, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, if Rachel Leigh Cook’s character isn’t on the show, then I would be ten times happier. I just personally don’t like her character and find her the weakest of the cast.

Comment by Jessica Nightflame Desrocher – August 17, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, it’s like his presence aniquilates hers. she isn’t the worst actress ever, but he’s just so damn talented that it’s almost as if she’s not there

Comment by Michele Bernardes – August 17, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!

Comment by Lorie – August 17, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I concur. I was really worried because I hadn’t heard any buzz or news whatsoever about how well this show was doing. It’s a smart crime drama and I find myself learning a lot just by watching the show. I’m so happy to read this!

Comment by Nicotine – August 18, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell Yeah!

Comment by adamb – August 17, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really enjoying this show.
    Love Eric McCormack and love having him back on my tv! So, yay!

Comment by Eliza – August 17, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if only they changed the FBI agent and find someone a little bit like Kate Beckett, this could actuaaly become a great procedural.

Comment by jre11 – August 17, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has grown on me since the pilot. Good pickup to me.

Comment by Justin – August 17, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares about Perception, TNT. WHAT ABOUT FRANKLIN & BASH?!?!?!?!
    Nothing against Perception, it’s decent enough.

Comment by AgentPhilCoulson – August 17, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have been wondering if Franklin & Bash would come back since Dallas got that really early pick up.

Comment by Carm – August 17, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good day for renewals! So happy.

Comment by Babybop – August 17, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah! Great news! All my favorite summer shows have been renewed!

Comment by Linderella – August 17, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah! I love this show. There’s absolutely nothing like it on TV.

Comment by nick1372 – August 17, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Epic Win!
    This is such a great show. McCormack is so perfect in the role.

Comment by Shane – August 17, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I was sure, since I liked it, that Perception would be canceled. So happy it’s coming back for another season!

Comment by zaza – August 17, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why?!?

Comment by Dennis – August 17, 2012 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was intrigued by this show’s pilot but haven’t made it through an episode since. I agree the FBI agent character is completely wrong. Maybe that’s my problem with it.

Comment by Jen – August 18, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It took me a couple episodes to warm up to everything about this show, but now I’m really happy with it and the fact that it’s getting a second season. Erick McCormack is amazing, but I was so used to him as Will Truman (even after loving him as the deliciously evil Ray on Dead Like Me) that it took me a couple episodes to really accept him as the character.

I see most people have a problem with Rachael Leigh Cook, and I can’t sign off on that…maybe because I’ve loved her since the Baby-Sitters Club movie, but I think she’s very charming, and although at first an odd choice for an FBI agent, I’m definitely liking her as a foil to Daniel.

Comment by Holeigh (@holeigh_annie) – August 18, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely glad to see this show renewed and Eric McCormack is great in something completely different than Will & Grace. This is super news!

Comment by Linderella – August 18, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is great Perception was renewed. I love Eric in the role. Rachel is fine as Kate. Once they flesh her character out more, she will be even better. :D

Comment by Stacy (@saypoetry86) – August 18, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was a great lover of the Closer. Major crimes DOES NOT have the range that the Closer did. I’m 63, male, single. I want a little laughter. Provensa is worse: the crotchy old man is getting VERY old. You need a new spark.

I also cant wait for the mentalist to go away. A smile only goes so far.

Comment by Charles Babcock. – August 27, 2012 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d have to say I’m loving Rachel Leigh Cook in this role. We’ve had quite a fair share of tough FBI women on TV and although Kate Moretti may not be the toughest of the tough, but it suits her character well here. As for Eric McCormack, his performance is nothing short of perfection here.

Comment by workaholic – September 16, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perception was the top new show this summer! I wish it would come back sooner! Eric McCormack is unbelievable in his role. What a difference from Will!

Comment by David – October 4, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • eric is great but the only reason i watch this show is to stare into racheals eyes. She is so hot

Comment by gene – October 23, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post