TNT Renews Perception For Second Season

Perception RenewedTNT has greenlit a second season of Perception.

The drama starring Eric McCormack as a schizophrenic professor-turned-FBI sleuth is averaging 7 million viewers in its current rookie season, 1.8 million of which fall in the adult 18-49 demo. Its July 9 premiere ranks as the year’s third best cable debut, behind TNT’s Major Crimes and Dallas.

Perception has captured the imagination of TNT’s audience of armchair detectives with wonderfully intricate cases, emotionally charged situations and, of course, a terrific cast led by Eric McCormack,” said TNT prez Michael Wright. “Daniel Pierce is a truly unique and fascinating addition to television’s pantheon of crime solvers. We look forward to seeing where Perception takes us next.”

Perception wraps Season 1 in mid-September. Its 13-epiosde second season is slated to air next year.

1. YAY! More Eric McCormack for me!!!

2. Well, if Rachel Leigh Cook’s character isn’t on the show, then I would be ten times happier. I just personally don’t like her character and find her the weakest of the cast.

3. Lorie says:

Great news!

• Nicotine says:

I concur. I was really worried because I hadn’t heard any buzz or news whatsoever about how well this show was doing. It’s a smart crime drama and I find myself learning a lot just by watching the show. I’m so happy to read this!

4. adamb says:

Hell Yeah!

5. Eliza says:

I’m really enjoying this show.
    Love Eric McCormack and love having him back on my tv! So, yay!

6. jre11 says:

Now if only they changed the FBI agent and find someone a little bit like Kate Beckett, this could actuaaly become a great procedural.

7. Justin says:

This show has grown on me since the pilot. Good pickup to me.

8. AgentPhilCoulson says:

Who cares about Perception, TNT. WHAT ABOUT FRANKLIN & BASH?!?!?!?!
    Nothing against Perception, it’s decent enough.

9. Babybop says:

Good day for renewals! So happy.

10. Linderella says:

Yeah! Great news! All my favorite summer shows have been renewed!

11. nick1372 says:

Yeah! I love this show. There’s absolutely nothing like it on TV.

12. Shane says:

Epic Win!
    This is such a great show. McCormack is so perfect in the role.

13. zaza says:

Yay! I was sure, since I liked it, that Perception would be canceled. So happy it’s coming back for another season!

14. Dennis says:

Why?!?

15. Jen says:

I was intrigued by this show’s pilot but haven’t made it through an episode since. I agree the FBI agent character is completely wrong. Maybe that’s my problem with it.

16. It took me a couple episodes to warm up to everything about this show, but now I’m really happy with it and the fact that it’s getting a second season. Erick McCormack is amazing, but I was so used to him as Will Truman (even after loving him as the deliciously evil Ray on Dead Like Me) that it took me a couple episodes to really accept him as the character.

I see most people have a problem with Rachael Leigh Cook, and I can’t sign off on that…maybe because I’ve loved her since the Baby-Sitters Club movie, but I think she’s very charming, and although at first an odd choice for an FBI agent, I’m definitely liking her as a foil to Daniel.

17. Linderella says:

Definitely glad to see this show renewed and Eric McCormack is great in something completely different than Will & Grace. This is super news!

18. That is great Perception was renewed. I love Eric in the role. Rachel is fine as Kate. Once they flesh her character out more, she will be even better. :D

19. Charles Babcock. says:

I was a great lover of the Closer. Major crimes DOES NOT have the range that the Closer did. I’m 63, male, single. I want a little laughter. Provensa is worse: the crotchy old man is getting VERY old. You need a new spark.

I also cant wait for the mentalist to go away. A smile only goes so far.

20. workaholic says:

I’d have to say I’m loving Rachel Leigh Cook in this role. We’ve had quite a fair share of tough FBI women on TV and although Kate Moretti may not be the toughest of the tough, but it suits her character well here. As for Eric McCormack, his performance is nothing short of perfection here.

21. David says:

Perception was the top new show this summer! I wish it would come back sooner! Eric McCormack is unbelievable in his role. What a difference from Will!

22. gene says:

eric is great but the only reason i watch this show is to stare into racheals eyes. She is so hot