Hot Video: The First Homeland Season 2 Trailer Includes a Major Brody Spoiler!

Get More: First Look, Video

Showtime has released the first official trailer (with actual footage!) for Homeland‘s second season, and it’s explosive.

With a haunting cover of “Every Breath You Take” by Scala & Kolacny Brothers playing in the background, the gorgeously edited 90-second clip drops a few tantalizing spoilers — including this one: Brody’s every move is once again under surveillance at home!

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your insta-reactions. Also, scroll down to get a first look at the puzzling key art for Season 2 (premiering Sept. 30).

Comments (18)

• Excellent stuff, but I wish they would stop trying to make Carrie/Brody happen.

Comment by Tack – August 17, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU! I am so over the Carrie/Brody thing….it just feels wrong! I just finished watching the first season yesterday, I am stoked for season 2!

Comment by llws88 – August 17, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Homeland to return

Comment by BH – August 17, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy. Sh*tballs. Even Breaking Bad doesn’t make me as happy as this show.

Comment by Sam – August 17, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Downton Abbey Christmas Special sure turned ‘Scala and the Kolacny Brothers’ into the go-to-guys when it comes to quietly powerful TV-trailer music.

Brilliant work, looking forward to Season 2 even more now!

Comment by mantua – August 17, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The camera was a hotel room, not his home.

Comment by Dan Kauffman – August 17, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH MY GOD!!!!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!

Comment by Che – August 17, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is something about the sweetness of the choir girls’ voices paired with the emotionally heavy lyrics of the songs they sing, it makes it perfect. And the trailer looks awesome. Can’t wait for more crazy crap to go down.

Comment by Sarah – August 17, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait. And what is this blasphemy about not liking Carrie/ Brody?! They make the show what it is and their interaction, romantic or otherwise is when this show is at its absolute best.

Comment by M – August 17, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how crazy Carrie is with those blood shot eyes and bags under her eyes…yet still the huge grin when she sees him.

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – August 17, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great trailer, but I didn’t see any outright spoilers. How is Brody being under surveillance a spoiler?

Comment by YowzaPowza – August 17, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great promo, but quit Carrie and Brody thing, let her just hunt the man down and not get personally involved with him !!

Comment by onlyakb – August 17, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the major Brody spoiler is that he buries (and kills?) someone and then washes the blood off at a car wash.

Also, looks like someone will try to impersonate Carrie.

Comment by Sailor Psychic (@SailorPsy) – August 17, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED the trailer! Probably more than I’ll ever like the show! I mostly watch it for Claire Danes, and, to me, it almost seemed like a clip from her messed up mind! <3 I adore her!

Comment by Barbie Furtado – August 17, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if I like Homeland is mainly because Damian Lewis is wonderful A very great actor and, sorry to say but for me it is better than Claire! Less known because it is English, but in the show it is superior with a very difficult role

Comment by monique – August 18, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES Carrie and Brody will happen again, this is the BEST complicated et amazing relationship of the show, Damian and Claire are awesome =)

Comment by Lily – August 21, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait for season 2 to start, and after that trailer, wow.

Comment by L M Northcott – September 1, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just finished watching season 1. Couldn’t get enough. The best thing on television right now. Better than Breaking Bad and second only to the wire. Can’t wait to see where all this goes in season 2.

Comment by Eric – September 22, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post