Hot Video: The First Homeland Season 2 Trailer Includes a Major Brody Spoiler!

Showtime has released the first official trailer (with actual footage!) for Homeland‘s second season, and it’s explosive.

With a haunting cover of “Every Breath You Take” by Scala & Kolacny Brothers playing in the background, the gorgeously edited 90-second clip drops a few tantalizing spoilers — including this one: Brody’s every move is once again under surveillance at home!

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your insta-reactions. Also, scroll down to get a first look at the puzzling key art for Season 2 (premiering Sept. 30).

1. Tack says:

Excellent stuff, but I wish they would stop trying to make Carrie/Brody happen.

• llws88 says:

THANK YOU! I am so over the Carrie/Brody thing….it just feels wrong! I just finished watching the first season yesterday, I am stoked for season 2!

2. BH says:

So excited for Homeland to return

3. Sam says:

Holy. Sh*tballs. Even Breaking Bad doesn’t make me as happy as this show.

4. mantua says:

The Downton Abbey Christmas Special sure turned ‘Scala and the Kolacny Brothers’ into the go-to-guys when it comes to quietly powerful TV-trailer music.

Brilliant work, looking forward to Season 2 even more now!

5. Dan Kauffman says:

The camera was a hotel room, not his home.

6. Che says:

OH MY GOD!!!!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!

7. Sarah says:

There is something about the sweetness of the choir girls’ voices paired with the emotionally heavy lyrics of the songs they sing, it makes it perfect. And the trailer looks awesome. Can’t wait for more crazy crap to go down.

8. M says:

I cannot wait. And what is this blasphemy about not liking Carrie/ Brody?! They make the show what it is and their interaction, romantic or otherwise is when this show is at its absolute best.

9. I love how crazy Carrie is with those blood shot eyes and bags under her eyes…yet still the huge grin when she sees him.

10. YowzaPowza says:

Great trailer, but I didn’t see any outright spoilers. How is Brody being under surveillance a spoiler?

11. onlyakb says:

great promo, but quit Carrie and Brody thing, let her just hunt the man down and not get personally involved with him !!

12. I think the major Brody spoiler is that he buries (and kills?) someone and then washes the blood off at a car wash.

Also, looks like someone will try to impersonate Carrie.

13. I LOVED the trailer! Probably more than I’ll ever like the show! I mostly watch it for Claire Danes, and, to me, it almost seemed like a clip from her messed up mind! <3 I adore her!

14. monique says:

if I like Homeland is mainly because Damian Lewis is wonderful A very great actor and, sorry to say but for me it is better than Claire! Less known because it is English, but in the show it is superior with a very difficult role

15. Lily says:

YES Carrie and Brody will happen again, this is the BEST complicated et amazing relationship of the show, Damian and Claire are awesome =)

16. Cant wait for season 2 to start, and after that trailer, wow.

17. Eric says:

Just finished watching season 1. Couldn’t get enough. The best thing on television right now. Better than Breaking Bad and second only to the wire. Can’t wait to see where all this goes in season 2.