Gossip Girl's Final Season Trailer Foreshadows Happy Ending For Chuck and Blair

Are Chuck and Blair within striking distance of their elusive happy ending? It would appear that way based on the following first look at Gossip Girl‘s sixth and final season (premiering Monday, Oct. 8).

RELATED | Serena’s Final Gossip Girl Love Interest Revealed!

While the following trailer is front-loaded with old footage from the The CW soap, the back half features a few glimpses of what’s to come — including a telling exchange between the star-crossed New Yorkers that can really only be interpreted one way.

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Do you envision any scenario in which Chuck and Blair don’t ride off into the sunset together?

1. TheLonelyPlace says:

Ugh, please

• rebecca says:

blair goes back to her abuser. barf.

• Elisha says:

lol! That line never worked and your still using it? Dair fans, it was always Chuck and Blair, you just seem too “special” to get that.

• luna says:

lol I really can’t remember who said those word “follow the writers, follow the show” taking it back so soon?

• rebecca says:

hey specialness, not a Dair fan and definitely not a Chair fan. k thanks.

• dude says:

I don’t think “people who think Chuck/Blair are an unhealthy and abusive” are just limited to Dair fans. There’s nothing “special” about understanding that a relationship where the participants are manipulated, mentally and physically harmed, and taken for granted/throw away on multiple occasions, isn’t one for the ages. There’s nothing that needs to “work” about that line, it’s stone cold fact. Unfortunately, the majority of Gossip Girl fans are insecure little girls who believe “if he’s cute and rich and seems to love you, all of that is okay”

• Michael says:

Oh, sweetie…don’t throw stones while riding the shortbus, ok? The only reason why I don’t care if Blair ends up with the emotionally manipulative and abusive Chuck is because Blair is equally manipulative and abusive…they are both self-centered twits who deserve each other. Dan, despite being a fairly uninteresting schmuck, deserves better than Blair and Serena.

• Candy says:

Eh, maybe Dan is too good for Blair but Serena is way too good for Dan. I was watching some old episodes recently and taken aback by what a jerk he was with his constant judging. Season 5 was even worse but dickish Dan isn’t new. He also treated Vanessa in an appalling fashion even though she was incredibly supportive of him. The guy that is too good for Blair and Serena is NATE. Not douchey Dan. He’s had to play second fiddle to both Chuck and Dan through the whole series. He always treats his ex girlfriends well, he never sent a tip into Gossip Girl, he is gentlemen that doesn’t have insane family issues, etc. He cheated on Blair just like Dan did, but at least I felt like he cared about both Blair and Serena. Dan treated Serena like total dog shyt.

• Jenn C says:

Re: Candy I don’t necessarily agree that Serena is too good for Dan, she treated him pretty crappily through the second half of season 4. But I’m over Gossip Girl, Chair, even Dair (whom I was a fan of). The only thing that would make me watch the final season is if we finally got a Nate/Dan pairing LOL Those two had so much chemistry together, I’d be all over that!

• anna says:

oh for f*ck sake, Dair is done, time get over it.

2. hithere says:

yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

3. Sofia says:

yay for abusive relationships!

4. Chris says:

If Chuck and Blair don’t end up together, the TV world should implode!! They look beautiful and they deserve this, fans deserve this! Bring on S6, bring on the Chair!!!

5. Amanda says:

Um they are in it to win they are gonna be happy which will leave fans extremely happy this video is gonna keep me going till October 8th chair forever

• Carrie says:

Me too! I cannot wait for the final season! The journey for Chuck and Blair fans has been rough. It\’s like Blair said about Chuck: They writers have devastated us (the indecent proposal, Bland – aka Dan and Blair, etc) but they\’ve also made us the happiest we\’ve ever been (will never forget the utter JOY on both Chuck and Blair\’s faces when he finally said \”I love you\”). Now it\’s time for our happy ending. I don\’t think any couple on television has earned a happy ending more than Chuck and Blair to be perfectly honest.

6. Ideally, I’d love for them to end up together but you know what they say about the best laid plans…

7. hithere says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

8. Danielle says:

“I’m all in” “My bet’s on us”

Hell yes

• Kyle says:

Thank you for adding this comment…I had no idea what Ed Westwick was saying. I can’t understand him most of the time!

• Rachel Berry says:

Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester have the most amazing chemistry. So much sweetness and sexiness in a half second exchange. No need to take their clothes off. No need for special effects to say to the audience “these people belong together.” They really are a special small screen duo. I’m happy will get to see them a bit more before Gossip Girl ends in Decemeber. I hope Schwartz and Savage are smarter than Safran and don’t waste what they have with these too.

• Rachel Berry says:

Sorry, so many typos in that comment! I meant to write:
        “Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester have the most amazing chemistry. So much sweetness and sexiness in a half second exchange. No need to take their clothes off. No need for special effects to say to the audience “these people belong together.” They really are a special small screen duo. I’m happy we will get to see them a bit more before Gossip Girl ends in December. I hope Schwartz and Savage are smarter than Safran and don’t waste what they have with these two.” :)

• Atlanta Braves Fan says:

Haha. It’s OK and I completely agree with you about Ed and Leighton. The “I’m all in” and “My bet’s on us” made my heart flutter I thought I was over Gossip Girl and then they reel me back in with Chuck and Blair awesomeness. Season 6 looks like it will be the season of Chair! I’m also hoping for Serena and Nate to reunite. All NJBC endgame please!

9. Nicole says:

AAAAAAAA SO EXCITED ABOUT THE 6TH SEASON !!!!!!!

10. anna says:

OMG abuse is so hot!!111!!

11. Danielle says:

I’m glad Blair is with the person she 100% loves, the person who has made her the happiest she has ever been, the person she loves every part of.

12. This is amazing !!!!!! Blair “I’m all in” Chuck ” And my bet’s on us”

13. Risk it all says:

Chuck and Blair owns Season 6!!!!

14. Meg says:

YESSSSSSSS To Chuck and Blair!!!

15. Carol says:

Chair forever!

16. Kam says:

LOL at the BITTERNESS of dair stans!!! Back to what’s IMPORTANT….ALL is CHAIR and NOTHING HURTS! :D

17. Joanna says:

Why is it not October yet? I haven’t been this excited for Gossip Girl since exactly 3 years ago and the reason for my excitement still remains the same: Chuck and Blair! They deserve their happy ending and I, as a fan, deserve to catch a break. So let it happen already!

18. disappointed says:

what about those of us who aren’t Chuck/Blair OR Dan/Blair fans?

what am I saying? I should’ve stopped watching in season 2 like the rest of my friends did.

19. Melly says:

FINALLY! The way Gossip Girl was announcing guest star after guest star I was wondering if we would ever get something that would actually excite fans. Thrilled it finally happened. Chuck and Blair wedding needs to happen this season. CB fans have waited long enough.

• 3dhouseofmagic says:

Yeah, but Blair wasn’t in a wedding gown at the wedding scene (so it appeared), Is it Serena getting hitched???

• Hannah says:

with a guy she met during summer, and wearing super-tacky heart shaped earings: I bet she’s high on coke!

• anon75 says:

It’s actually Serena’s boyfriend Steve’s cousin’s gay wedding that the NJBC stumbled upon. Serena isn’t the bride at this wedding…though she could be an attendant again. lol.

20. Sarah says:

Thank you very much for the promo of the new season!!. I’m very excited about the new season, has exactly what I want: Chair, Blerena, NJBC. but most importantly: I am very happy that Chuck and Blair will be together again as a couple!!. They are still in love, always have been!!. So finally after so long we will have our happy ending!!. The only thing I don’t like is the direction of the plot of Serena, I wanted something else for her. And for the promo I realize that Dan and Serena will end the series together or at least the writers are going to give the impression that this will happen in the future and after everything that happened I’m not sure I want this, especially for Serena but I will be extremely happy for DS fans if that happens. What will they do with Nate? Poor Nate, I want something good for him!!.

21. LEIGH says:

CHAIR=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!! Just as it has/is/will ALWAYS be.

22. Alex says:

I’ve been fan of Gossip Girl since season 1 & this video including all these scenes for previous season makes me feel a bit sad that the show is ending but i trust the writers & hope that the show will end on the best way possible & this video makes it look that way !!

23. monic says:

I’m all in for season 6 because of Chuck and Blair happy freaking ending!!! Also serenate. All the best for NJBC, all hail NJBC!!!

24. JClay says:

OMG! I am so freaking excited for GG. Mainly of course Chuck & Blair. It took 5 long seasons, but I know the writers will do what’s best.
    <333 CHAIR

25. momon says:

Aaahhh I love the way Blair looks at Chuck! It reminds me of season 3 (except the ending season yeah you know a humprey destroyed everything. Humpreys are destroyed everyone’ happiness)

Blair never looks at anyone like in this. This look is for Chuck, her wonderful man, her great love, her soulmate.

finger crossed for season 6 will give us (by that I mean Chair shippers and NJBC fans) what we deserved. After everything that we’ve been through, there’s no room for crappy storyline like in season 5.

YAY FOR CHAIR!!! <3

26. b says:

Thank you S&S for firing Safran and using the season five finale and this season to clean up his mess and make the show count again I’m kind of excited and my bets on them too

27. AT says:

This is great news. Blair and Chuck definitely should be end game. Rooting for them is like rooting for Cathy and Heathcliff. Who cares if Chuck is “bad?” That’s what makes him interesting. Same with Heathcliff. I don’t get this weird trend for trying to moralize Byronic Heroes. They’re supposed to be mad, bad and dangerous to know. Chuck and Blair are a part of each other and deserve to be together on screen.

• Nora says:

Except for the fact that while Emily Bronte made it clear in Wuthering Heights that Heathcliff was not a hero, or an anti-hero, but in fact a really messed up, dark man, GG now tries to pass Chuck and Blair off as two people whose happiness we should root for, instead of what they really are, which is horrible.

• Elisha says:

I’m sorry, but I can only laugh at the Dair fans acting like such losers. You knew Chuck and Blair were endgame unless you are just the dumbest person in the world. Oh, I guess you could be. Never mind

• AT says:

A Byronic Hero is a sub-type of an anti-hero but just because the word “hero” is used in the archetype doesn’t mean that the character is not necessarily villainous or even evil at times.Chuck has clearly been set up as a Byronic Hero. Not to mention Wuthering Heights is a story, not a moral message. Also, Heathcliff and Cathy do get a happy ending…after they both die. You are clearly not supposed to root for Cathy and Linton reading the book. I’m just saying. People do not understand Byronic Heroes at all in modern day. That all said, Chuck and Blair are both selfish characters. I don’t think Gossip Girl is the type of show one should be looking to model their behavior after. Same with Wuthering Heights. Cathy wasn’t much better than Heathcliff. Some characters are written to be dark with bad traits. With Byronic Heroes it’s not about how they change per se (which they can find redemption), but how they feel things deeply. It makes for interesting literature. I wouldn’t be surprised if in a few years people will be putting on bookshelves re-written versions of literature to be politically correct. I’m not saying this applies to you, but on a side note, I find it ironic that the feminists of today (I consider myself to be one, but in a more old-fashioned sense) are making the same arguments about gothic fiction (or characters steeped in the Byronic archetype) that the patriarchal sexists were saying in the 18th and 19th centuries. These types of characters, relationships, stories, etc…are sending a bad message to the youth. I personally don’t believe in writing characters to represent only my viewpoint. I think Chuck and Blair should end up together not because I think they represent a healthy relationship, but because their souls are so connected. To quote from Wuthering Heights which I think is a good reflection of Blair:”He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”

28. Yunuemp says:

So the wedding blind ítem is Serena and Barry Watson !!!

• Kristina says:

Thought it was supposed to be a “fan-favorite” couple?

• anon75 says:

I don’t think so. As far as Serena & (Barry) Steve have gotten is maybe engaged…but I wouldn’t guarantee that. I think the blind item was supposed to be Naomi & Max from 90210…

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if GG has it that Chuck & Blair eloped too (surprise surprise), right after their reunion in Monte Carlo. Then they physically separate for the summer as Blair remains in Paris learning how to be the CEO of Waldorf Designs from her mother Eleanor, and Chuck goes to Dubai to try to work his way back into Bass Industries & his father’s favor again by overseeing a hotel construction project. (And they try to keep their relationship a secret from Bart, who currently hates Blair.)

29. Mary says:

Bring on our #CHAIRWedding & #CHAIRYTALE 4 LIFE!!! AND, INCLUDE some flashforwards of our Waldass Babies & #CHAIRFamily to complete our well-deserved CHAIRYTALE!!!

30. LH says:

Chuck & Blair are written in the stars…You cannot fight FATE!! CHAIR=KISMET!!

31. Jerry says:

S6 is THE YEAR OF OUR CHAIRYTALE!! Bring on our CHAIR WEDDING & BLISS-It’s LONG overdue! CB=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!

32. Patricia says:

Ugh I’ve loved and hated this show. Still haven’t watched the last 3 episodes of last season bc i lost all my interest. But I’ll be watching the final season for sure I’m glad it’s a shorter season hopefully they won’t make Chuck and Blair torture each other until the last episode.

33. Summer says:

GG fans scare me. I hope this final season is actually good unlike the last two seasons.

34. HG says:

:O!!! Hope it is great! :)

35. ggny says:

the part with them all standing together at the wedding was weird after everything that happened last season

36. Rebekah says:

Hopefully this cleans up the dramatic mess that was season 5. Dan and Blair should never have become involved! Their friendship was really great and at the time was the only positive about the show. It was great to finally see a real friendship on the show, one without hurt and betrayal. I’ve never liked Chair, their relationship is just too abusive for me to support and as much as the writers have tried, Chuck has never been redeemed as a character. I’m just hoping that Nate (the only character with any good qualities left) has a happy ending.

• Rae says:

I like Chuck sometimes, but it does seem like people forgot that he tried to force Jenny and Serena into having sex with him. Who does that and can still be a favorite character on the show, and what girl would forget that about a person who they know.

• julie says:

Chuck has never been redeemed? Chuck’s redemption was the only good SL in the crapfest that was Season 5. And as for the “abusive relationship”,please change the record YAWN. Blair loves Chuck, Chuck loves Blair. Always have, Always will.

• Louisa Grimaldi says:

I agree! Season 5 was all about redeeming Chuck and making him a better man. He’s now become what Blair said he was back in Season 3 “A man in a way his father never was.” As for abusive relationship, I think it has been tempestuous and at times very dysfunctional.
        However, Chuck doesn’t have a pattern of isolating Blair from her support system (actually Dan is the one that did that. Chuck worked to fix Serena and Blair’s friendship.) Plus, Chuck’s pattern is one of building up Blair’s self worth not tearing it down – (“You’re the most powerful woman I know”, “You’re special enough on your own. You don’t need other people to tell you you are”, “You don’t get enough appreciation for your wit”, “Don’t forget – you’re BLAIR WALDORF!” (he often reminds her of that when she loses herself and becomes insecure, etc), and going to her for advice (as early as 1×07) because he respects her so much. They have been mutually manipulative in the past but I think the scene in 5×22 where he says there’s no more room for secrets between them after all they’ve been through suggests they’ve grown past that pattern.

37. Ella says:

What a shock. Once they promise to be “true to each other” or “I’m all in,” or other such meaningless romanticized nonsense, they are going to spend the season “finding themselves” or whatever, which means that the show will never have to reconcile the obvious fact that even though Chuck and Blair passionately love each other, they can’t go an episode without emotionally destroying themselves arguing.

• Maria says:

Wait, you mean a television drama is actually keeping their endgame couple apart for the sake of… drama? That’s clearly evidence that they’ll never make it work, since television and real life are exactly the same.

38. Elisha says:

I’m “All in” with Chuck and Blair! Haters to the left~

39. Kristina says:

“Over the top insane” describes last season perfectly…what’s sad is they don’t seem to know that’s not a good thing. Here’s hoping they fix it.

• Rebecca says:

Truth. This promo is just sad.

• Maria says:

Yeah, I feel like they should’ve left out a lot of the clips from season 5. No need to remind people why they stopped watching, haha.

• Elisha says:

They should have cut last season out. What a terrible season. The only thing that made sense in it was them saying “insane” during the flashbacks of the Dair part because that arc sucked.

• Kristina says:

I didn’t mind Dair as much as I thought I would, possibly because it was one of the few things that actually made sense, or as much as anything last season did. But yeah overall, terrible season I plan to forget about, at least the first half.

• Sarah Hill says:

Agreed. Season 5 was a mess. The only thing that made sense and made it worth watching was Chuck’s growth. Dan and Blair only made sense as a friendship. The minute they made them romantic the show became a nightmare of character destruction. Blair became weak, passive and needy. I never liked Serena and Blair’s friendship but in the past it was because of Serena. Season 5 made Blair as terrible as Serena. People act like the finale was a shock but the writers were obviously going to make Dan dark the second he sent in that video tape and blamed Chuck. The signs were there. Sure he was a supportive boyfriend at times. But he also became a creepy insecure stalker. I wasn’t shocked that he cheated with Serena. He’s got unresolved feelings for her and the promo makes me think they will end up together. Too bad because I’d rather see Serena with Nate. Poor Nate always get screwed over.

• Camille says:

I completely agree. Season 5 was a complete and utter Dairsaster. Fingers crossed they make up for it in Season 6. Glad Chuck and Blair are getting their happy ending but I hope Nate and Serena get one too.

40. Mel says:

lol let’s promote abusive relationships. what a sick show.

41. Judith says:

I hope season 6 returns to the GG golden years where the characters weren’t just plot points. Can’t wait for Chuck and Blair scenes- there seems to be multiple ones each ep *yay*

42. grace says:

that’s my chair! happier than they’ve ever been!

43. Mick says:

With Blair and Chuck together and Serena and Barry Watson together. Who does Dan end up with?

44. Ally Jay says:

I imagine EVERY scenario in which Chuck and Blair dont ride off into the sunset together. Unless that sunset is the pit of hell, and Blair is dropping him off there before turning around to go back to her pure and simple love.

• Hannah says:

her mirror

• Maria says:

Wait, which one was her “pure and simple love” again? The guy who cheated on her with her best friend? Purity’s such a tricky thing…

• Elisha says:

She didn’t have a pure and simple love. She didn’t love Dan. She even said she loved Louis yet never said it to Dan. Before posting this ridiculous stuff you might want to watch the show, not the one in your head. Dair fans, it was always Chuck and Blair. You can go on and on but you lost long before you started screaming abuse. Enjoy being jerks though.

• Jemma says:

^^^ This comment wins.

• Jemma says:

I should note: original comment wins. Meaning Chuck, his man-whisper, and permanently-perplexed squinty eyes leave Dair to their happy ending.

45. janelle says:

I hope this means that the season will be good for Chuck and Blair! And no I can’t imagine a scenario where they don’t ride off into the sunset together.

46. Maria. says:

Yes, I’m all in too. Bitter Dair fans, go away.

47. MB says:

I’m thrilled Chuck and Blair are finally getting their happy ending. All the hurt, and the lies, and the gossip… really were for something :)

48. Monz says:

It appears you will find internet websites in addition to sites focused on countless functions, such tv, song, lifestyles regarding celebrities, etc.. . On the other hand genuinely is unable to acquire internet websites in addition to sites focused on studying, regrettably a postscript in relation to interests.. . Someone fully understand some genuinely famous in addition to fantastic kinds? Typical in addition to recent document both are amazing along with me, since I read the two.. . Cheers a great deal of! =o).

49. Leigh says:

I’m so ready for Chuck and Blair to be together! After the past two seasons it’s been torturous to watch Gossipgirl so I hope somewhere in ten episodes they can fix some of the mess they created.
    Dair fans you stay pressed. You get everything you deserved – nothing

50. It's about time says:

Chuck and Blair forever!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!

Next, we have to focus on Serena and Nate!!!!!!!