Ratings: Big Brother Hits a High, SYTYCD Returns Flat, Oh Sit! Stands as The CW's Summer Best

Get More: Premieres, Ratings

NBC’s America’s Got Talent weathered its Olympics-induced hiatus just fine, returning to form on Wednesday night with 8.33 million total viewers and a 2.2 demo rating, besting all comers in both measures.

Big Brother placed second for the night, up about 10 percent week-to-week to 5.83 mil/2.1, and hitting a Wednesday high for the season.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s So You Think You Can Dance Recap: Repeat Offenders

So You Think You Can Dance‘s Top 14 dance-off drew 4.72 mil and a 1.7, which was pretty much flat versus the competition’s pre-Olympics break.

The debut of Oh Sit!, with 1.26 million total viewers and a 0.5 rating, gave The CW its best numbers of the summer in any time slot and its highest-rated reality-TV premiere of 2012. (For comparison’s sake, Remodeled opened in January with 700K and a 0.3, while last fall’s H8R did 1.3 mil and a 0.6.)

Tags:

Comments (13)

• I don’t like the new SYTYCD format at all. I think the show suffers because of it.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – August 16, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have all my episodes tivo’d haven’t seen it since the top 20 first danced. Its nothing against the show I’ve just been busy. I guess that’s why one person hasn’t been watching lol.

Comment by tht19 – August 16, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess BB was just a little taken down by Olympics.

Comment by Joe – August 16, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SYTYCD last night was bad. The judges obviously play favorites. The guest judges didn’t even know who or what they were judging. If you are going to be a guest judge on a show, at least do SOME research. Oh, and Nigel saving Whitney 2.0 was a mistake.

Comment by lil – August 16, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She had the best solo,so eat it,lol.

Comment by Shaun – August 16, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No she didn’t. It’s a matter of opinion, so instead of being immature like you, I’ll leave it at that.

Comment by Kam – August 18, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of the options, the judges saved the right girl and the right boy. The tribute however really did no one any favors. It was a reasonable idea, but it didn’t work.

Comment by MAS – August 16, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s 1:00pm est where is SYTYCD recap?

Comment by forwarddad – August 16, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SYTYCD had two weeks off, and all they could think of was doing dances that have already been done?! Not acceptable Nigel….not at all!

Comment by llws88 – August 16, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not terribly fond of the new format myself, but they’re rather hamstringed by Fox. Hopefully Fox will wise up and return the results show, even if it’s only a 30 minute show, next season.

Comment by TrulyRoxie – August 16, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d prefer a 30 minute results show. I never really liked the ‘guest stars’ they had on Thursday nights. Unless it was guest dancers, I always zoomed through to the results and solos.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – August 17, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Sit was so weird. I was mesmerized for about 15 minutes, but then it felt like an oddly brutal “Wipeout” and the three hosts grated on me too much so I turned it off. I think I wanted to see more running and close calls to secure a chair, instead of exhaustedly stumbling into one because everyone else was injured.

Comment by Emily – August 16, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was just too similar to wipeout just too boring to watch

Comment by Damonandelenaforever – August 16, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post