Grey's Anatomy Asks Veronica Mars Vet Tina Majorino to Scrub In

Veronica Mars alum Tina Majorino has landed a guest-starring role during Season 9 of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: Ominous Season 9 Premiere Title Revealed!

All that’s known about the actress’ gig, which was first reported by TVGuide.com, is that she will play an intern named Heather (per Zap2It) who works at Seattle Grace — or possibly another hospital to be featured in the coming season. (Remember that pre-plane crash, a couple of the docs were due to relocate to new jobs.)

Majorino won’t be the only fresh blood on Grey’s this season, which will be down three cast members with Chyler Leigh and Kim Raver’s exits in last May’s finale and Eric Dane only back for two episodes. Gaius Charles (Friday Night Lights) and Camilla Luddington (William & Kate) have come onboard in multi-episode roles.

Majorino’s other TV credits include Bones, the animated series Napoleon Dynamite and True Blood (on which she recurred this season until — SPOILER ALERT! — she was killed off this past Sunday).

Grey’s Anatomy returns Thursday, Sept. 27 at 9/8c.

1. lcm27 says:

It’s always nice to see her

2. Louise says:

Her mom goes to college.

3. Dick Whitman says:

This news ALMOST makes me wanna catch up but I’m like 5 seasons behind…

4. Rolfe says:

Love her on everything she has been a part of. She was great on Big Love too.

5. Dennis says:

Amazing castIng! She has been possibly the best thing about this season of True Blood. She’s so funny!

6. april-ann says:

A guest starring role? That’s ALMOST enough to make me watch that show. Make her a regular and I’m in. I got hooked on The Deep End because of her (a brief show on the Already Been Cancelled network). She is an adorable and very talented actress. She had me at Andre.

7. ggny says:

hasnt Shonda been trying to get her for awhile? Maybe give her something more then a guest spot. Give her a recurring gig Shonda!

8. Matthew says:

Woo hoo! I love Tina! Can’t wait to see her on Grey’s. Hope she becomes a regular.

9. Aussie says:

Thanks to a suspicious call sheet photo posted 2 weeks ago already knew this information
    Intern heather will be based at I think Boise hospital where they initially take the injured doctors in episode 2. Let’s see how close I get.

10. Jake says:

Why do u keep reporting Eric Dane is only on for two episodes, does that say somewhere officially because your link says nothing of the Amt of episodes

11. abbyoftroy says:

Who cares? Chyler Leigh is gone, in the most ridiculous death in the history of television. Eric Dane will be gone.

Instead of getting new people, freakin’ Shonda should have worked harder on keeping the ones she already had. Honestly, I can’t stand that woman. She craps arrogance through her mouth.

• Amy says:

See ya whiner! And I’m pretty sure there are more ridiculous deaths on TV. Chyler wanted to be with her kids, is that not allowed? I won’t miss Lexie or Sloan tbh, especially Sloan, he drained the life out of every scene he was in

12. Viv says:

Always happy to see Tina Majorino on my tv! She has such a great filmography.

13. Jen says:

I had no idea Eric Dane was leaving Greys. Thanks for breaking it here…

• Aussie says:

Have u had your head stuck in a box, under water or been a goose searching for food, it has been known for a month all over the media that eric dane was leaving and was only going to be in 2 episodes confirmed by shonda on twitter.

14. george says:

Everything is better with a little Majorino!

15. Ally says:

Awesome news! I love watching Tina. Wish she had a bigger role on Big Love.

16. Dani says:

Wasn’t she also a recurring character on Big Love? Also named Heather? The LDS girl who married the oldest son?

17. Ace says:

Oh, yay, I love her! (And wow, great picture!) I broke up with Grey’s for good when Lexie died, but I’ll watch the episode(s) Tina’s in.

18. Alex says:

OK. With friggin’ ED finally gone and Tina in, I might be tempted to give Grey’s one more chance.

19. albtrex says:

Yes, yes, yes!!! :)))) I was so sad when they kill her off last episode of True Blood, but this will make it up for me!!!

20. BJohnson says:

I loved her on Bones, if it’s only a couple of episodes, can she come back to Bones?

21. Massey says:

Glad Tina is still on my TV. I was really bummed when she met the “True Death” on True Blood. She’s an amazing actress. Would love to see her as a main character.

22. Eliza says:

Yes! I love Tina. She always brightens any scene she’s in. I’m looking forward to seeing her on Grey’s.

23. Mandy says:

I love Tina! She is amazing in everything. I could not be happier that she will be on Grey’s this season. I would love to see her on my TV every week and she just isn’t getting enough air time on Bones.