Fall TV Preview

Grey's Anatomy Asks Veronica Mars Vet Tina Majorino to Scrub In

Veronica Mars alum Tina Majorino has landed a guest-starring role during Season 9 of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: Ominous Season 9 Premiere Title Revealed!

All that’s known about the actress’ gig, which was first reported by TVGuide.com, is that she will play an intern named Heather (per Zap2It) who works at Seattle Grace — or possibly another hospital to be featured in the coming season. (Remember that pre-plane crash, a couple of the docs were due to relocate to new jobs.)

Majorino won’t be the only fresh blood on Grey’s this season, which will be down three cast members with Chyler Leigh and Kim Raver’s exits in last May’s finale and Eric Dane only back for two episodes. Gaius Charles (Friday Night Lights) and Camilla Luddington (William & Kate) have come onboard in multi-episode roles.

Majorino’s other TV credits include Bones, the animated series Napoleon Dynamite and True Blood (on which she recurred this season until — SPOILER ALERT! — she was killed off this past Sunday).

Grey’s Anatomy returns Thursday, Sept. 27 at 9/8c.

Comments (35)

• It’s always nice to see her

Comment by lcm27 – August 16, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her mom goes to college.

Comment by Louise – August 16, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha my exact thought.

Comment by Sam – August 17, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news ALMOST makes me wanna catch up but I’m like 5 seasons behind…

Comment by Dick Whitman – August 16, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally worth catching up on those seasons… IMO

Comment by Dark Defender – August 16, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is me.

Comment by Mari – August 16, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If anything I’d catch up till the shooting ep., best episode but then you might as well finish so idk lol

Comment by Juan – August 16, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her on everything she has been a part of. She was great on Big Love too.

Comment by Rolfe – August 16, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing castIng! She has been possibly the best thing about this season of True Blood. She’s so funny!

Comment by Dennis – August 16, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A guest starring role? That’s ALMOST enough to make me watch that show. Make her a regular and I’m in. I got hooked on The Deep End because of her (a brief show on the Already Been Cancelled network). She is an adorable and very talented actress. She had me at Andre.

Comment by april-ann – August 16, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hasnt Shonda been trying to get her for awhile? Maybe give her something more then a guest spot. Give her a recurring gig Shonda!

Comment by ggny – August 16, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo hoo! I love Tina! Can’t wait to see her on Grey’s. Hope she becomes a regular.

Comment by Matthew – August 16, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks to a suspicious call sheet photo posted 2 weeks ago already knew this information
    Intern heather will be based at I think Boise hospital where they initially take the injured doctors in episode 2. Let’s see how close I get.

Comment by Aussie – August 16, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do u keep reporting Eric Dane is only on for two episodes, does that say somewhere officially because your link says nothing of the Amt of episodes

Comment by Jake – August 16, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it was officially reported awhile ago. Dane is gone after 2 episode to warp up his character

Comment by ggny – August 16, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know but no one specified the number of episodes

Comment by Jake – August 16, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Completely agree, they never factually stated “2 episodes” they just kept saying he would be back for a few to wrap up his storyline.

Comment by Will – August 17, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares? Chyler Leigh is gone, in the most ridiculous death in the history of television. Eric Dane will be gone.

Instead of getting new people, freakin’ Shonda should have worked harder on keeping the ones she already had. Honestly, I can’t stand that woman. She craps arrogance through her mouth.

Comment by abbyoftroy – August 16, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See ya whiner! And I’m pretty sure there are more ridiculous deaths on TV. Chyler wanted to be with her kids, is that not allowed? I won’t miss Lexie or Sloan tbh, especially Sloan, he drained the life out of every scene he was in

Comment by Amy – August 16, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But ya gotta admit he looked great half naked.

Comment by Dark Defender – August 16, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always happy to see Tina Majorino on my tv! She has such a great filmography.

Comment by Viv – August 16, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no idea Eric Dane was leaving Greys. Thanks for breaking it here…

Comment by Jen – August 16, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have u had your head stuck in a box, under water or been a goose searching for food, it has been known for a month all over the media that eric dane was leaving and was only going to be in 2 episodes confirmed by shonda on twitter.

Comment by Aussie – August 16, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everything is better with a little Majorino!

Comment by george – August 16, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! I love watching Tina. Wish she had a bigger role on Big Love.

Comment by Ally – August 16, 2012 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t she also a recurring character on Big Love? Also named Heather? The LDS girl who married the oldest son?

Comment by Dani – August 16, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heather is a popular name….

Comment by Shaun – August 16, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, yay, I love her! (And wow, great picture!) I broke up with Grey’s for good when Lexie died, but I’ll watch the episode(s) Tina’s in.

Comment by Ace – August 16, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK. With friggin’ ED finally gone and Tina in, I might be tempted to give Grey’s one more chance.

Comment by Alex – August 17, 2012 03:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, yes, yes!!! :)))) I was so sad when they kill her off last episode of True Blood, but this will make it up for me!!!

Comment by albtrex – August 17, 2012 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved her on Bones, if it’s only a couple of episodes, can she come back to Bones?

Comment by BJohnson – August 17, 2012 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I read somewhere she was going to be recurring on Bones.

Comment by Meg – August 17, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Tina is still on my TV. I was really bummed when she met the “True Death” on True Blood. She’s an amazing actress. Would love to see her as a main character.

Comment by Massey – August 17, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I love Tina. She always brightens any scene she’s in. I’m looking forward to seeing her on Grey’s.

Comment by Eliza – August 17, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Tina! She is amazing in everything. I could not be happier that she will be on Grey’s this season. I would love to see her on my TV every week and she just isn’t getting enough air time on Bones.

Comment by Mandy – August 19, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post