Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Glee Exec on Season 4′s Big 'Breakup' Episode: 'It's Like Titanic – Not All Will Make It'

Glee‘s super couples are heading into Season 4 on a collision course with the mother of all icebergs.

In an exclusive interview with TVLine, executive producer Brad Falchuk is shedding ominous new light on this season’s much-buzzed-about fourth episode, “The Break-Up.”

“All of the core relationships are tested,” he previews of the hour, which fellow EP Ryan Murphy first hinted about on Twitter last week. “I’m not going to say who breaks up and who doesn’t, but they all — Santana/Brittany, Kurt/Blaine, Will/Emma, Rachel/Finn — get kicked in the nuts. And it’s all about how do they recover — and can they recover? And some don’t. Absolutely some don’t. Of those couples, not all of them are going to make it. It’s like Titanic.”

PHOTOS | 12 Major Glee Spoilers on Season 4

Of those duos, Rachel/Finn — who already essentially split in the finale — and Kurt/Blaine appear to be the most vulnerable. Regarding the latter duo, Falchuk conceded that Kurt’s decision to follow Rachel to New York while Blaine enters his senior year at McKinley will test their romance like never before.

“Long-distance relationships are hard,” he acknowledged. “They’re not impossible, but they’re really hard. And with all the couples we’re really trying to look at what it takes to have a relationship when one person leaves. It’s particularly hard when somebody graduates high school and someone is still in high school. The second you graduate high school you’re in a different world. You see things differently, your needs are different, your perspective on things is different. So I think it’s a pretty tough challenge.”

VIDEO | Glee‘s First Season 4 Trailer Unmasks Sue’s Demon Spawn

Figuring out who these characters are outside of their respective romances is a major theme of Season 4, notes Falchuk. “Relationships in general will be less of a focus this year,” he says. “I personally think a lot of these characters are more interesting not in relationships. And I think with a lot of them we will be exploring that. Whether they break up or not, we’re really focused on giving them more individual stories.”

Tags: ,

Comments (567)

• Well as long as Cory monteith gets his screen time and that Ryan’s new boy toy does not interfere with Cory screentime do not care what he does. If Cory needs to be on an episode to be paid then he better be on all the episodes he can.

Comment by Steve – August 16, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi, fellow Cory fan!

Comment by I like Cory too – August 16, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how all the Brittana and Klaine fans have been raising holy hell for months wanting equality for their couples up to speed with Finchel. Be careful what you wish for. Finchel have broken up 3 times. You can’t just pick and choose what you want them to be equal on. You want more kisses? You might get more break ups. You want more serious couple conversations? You might get a love triangle thrown in to GET these conversations.

Comment by Jessie – August 16, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wanting the writers to be both fair and more creative is not mutually exclusive. Though as someone who’s been hammering the writers on their double standards, I’d rather the gay characters get their share of awful dramatic storylines, since that at least would indicate the writers are trying their usual “magic”, instead of ignoring them and talking about how progressive they are. Then one can say the show is handling the couples terribly in the same way, rather than terribly in different ways.

Comment by Sean C. – August 16, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Be careful of what you wish for. All I see all over Glee forums are Klaines fans wailing that they don’t want Kurt and Blaine to break up.

Comment by Sue – August 16, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Er, I just said I’d rather the writers do their usual thing with all the couples, then blatantly ignore some couples (Klaine really wasn’t ignored, anyway; it had the second-most screentime of any couple, and was taken seriously; its distinct issue was the lack of PDA).

Comment by Sean C. – August 16, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Which is the real reason they’re breaking up either Klaine or Brittana. They have problems when it comes to writing gay couples, huge problems. People can say they find them boring (klaine) or unhealthy (brittana) but you know what, a huge amount of people find Finchel boring on top of horrible but we still have to deal with them. We all have our favorite couples, but clearly Klaine or Brittana are breaking up because when it comes to Falchuk, his opinion is “no homo unless it’s hot lesbians and they can only make out lol no talking ew feelings”. He breaks up Brittana, they don’t have to deal with girl feelings, they break up Klaine they don’t have to deal with boys being affectionate. I wish Murphy were still in control, I feel like he was ultra involved in season 2 and that’s when things were most balanced for couples. Season 3 became the Finchel show and season 4 is just gonna be a hot mess.

Comment by arianna – August 16, 2012 02:21 PM PDT
          • Every word you typed is right on the money. Even if Brittana and Klaine don’t break up, they’ll be “cleverly” separated by distance so the writers don’t have to deal with icky girl feelings or scary boy kisses. Completely sums up why this show fails at queer representation. And there are those who think this show is clever enough to incorporate genderqueer characters without being horribly offensive and painfully obvious (look out, Unique).

Comment by @arianna – August 28, 2012 03:44 AM PDT
  • Will Sebastian (Grant Gustin) still be on the show? I want to see more of him. Maybe Blake can join the show and be paired with Sebastian.

Comment by O – August 16, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t want klaine to split :(

Comment by Victoria Chadwick – August 16, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a Brittany/Santana fan, that being said, I wouldn’t mind them breaking up if I knew they were endgame, but I don’t have that same luxury that Kurt/Blaine and Finn/Rachel have, they know their ships are endgame. If those two couples break up it really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, they’ll find a way back to each other. Brittany and Santana? Once they’re done, I’m sure they’ll be done for good. And that’s sad to me. They’ve been an inspirational pairing to a lot of young women. Wasted opportunities if you ask me.

Comment by Raegan – August 16, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aww, you made me sad for your shipper heart <3 Good points and I agree! I am a Finchel fan so we do know they will end up together so I have never thought about if from your point of view. ***HUGS***

Comment by Jessie – August 16, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aw! I’m pretty sure Brittana is endgame, if only because they don’t seem to like putting new gay girl characters on the show (Brittany and Santana to like…10 gay guys over the course of three seasons). I’m not saying it will be well written, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re together at the end.

Comment by @arianna – August 28, 2012 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since Ryan Murphy already leaked that Will and Emma do NOT get married I would say they are on the list of failed love!

Comment by Debra – August 16, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was talking about season three not season four. Also Ryan, Brad, and Matthew Morrison have already stated a wedding is in the cards for this season.

Comment by Fiona – August 16, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad Klaine is ending. They are boring, Blaine’s a douche (and a very flat character) and Kurt deserves so much more.

Comment by rebecca – August 16, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I can’t wait until they get back together.

Comment by Alex – August 16, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think i’ll probably keep shipping them. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to stop, they fit so well.

Comment by Ally – August 17, 2012 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol this be some hardcore stanning.

Comment by creepy – August 17, 2012 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will and emma are not getting married, ryan said that so that relation ship is over but if he breaks up blaine and kurt i will come after him with a pitch fork

Comment by laura – August 16, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RYAN SAID THAT ABOUT SEASON 3. HE STATED TWO DAYS AGO THAT WILL AND EMMA ARE GETTING MARRIED AS DID BRAD FALCHUK THIS SEASON. MATT HAS ALSO BEEN TOLD THERE IS A WEDDING COMING SO IT’S NOT WEMMA.

Comment by Rachel – August 16, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, he didn’t. he said “Let’s get them married first” when someone asked about babies. He didn’t say they WILL be getting married. And Matt Morrison said he thought a wedding was in the cards, but he hadn’t seen the scripts yet. Also, Ryan said they won’t be getting married in November when that was discussed. You can’t rule Wemma out just yet. Sorry.

Comment by Jessie – August 16, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ryan’s interview from last May was referring to the season finale of season 3. It came out the day before Graduation. He then cleared up in a later interview that he meant season three. The writers have stated that a Wemma wedding is coming but not right away and Morrison has heard it’s in the cards for this season.

Comment by Jamie – August 16, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ryan has never stated Wemma are not getting married in November. The only thing Ryan stated which he cleared up in a later interview is that they were not getting married in the graduation episode.

Comment by Jane – August 16, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised. There aren’t to many Wemma comments. I hope to see them start a family<3 And I can't wait to see Sue's baby!

Comment by Aubrey – August 16, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Klaine should stay together!!!! They make a cute couple!!!

Comment by Amanda – August 16, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is this show still on the air?? They graduated! Or is it like “oops we entered the grades wrong and none of you have enough credits to graduate! You have to come back!” be gone Glee. Season 1 was very good, season 2 got old, and I didn’t even bother to watch season 3 at all.

Comment by Rebecca – August 16, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only care about Finn and Rachel so I don’t really care what happens to everyone else. In terms of interesting television, I’d say the most at risk couple would be Brittana. Brittany is still in high school and will be suspectible to someone else. I can’t see them breaking up Will and Emma but you never know…her OCD could develop into an issue. And how about Mike and Tina? They are in a long distance relationship too!

Comment by Caro – August 16, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They have had sex, what issue can her OCD develop? She also has said she wants kids.

Comment by Emily – August 16, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • kids are dirty, that could be a problem

Comment by Kiana – August 16, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She said she wants kids though with Will, that isn’t a problem.

Comment by Shelby – August 16, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im just going to say with no discussion needed that i hate Blaine. I have never liked him so hears to Kurt being single in NYC. I don’t really like the finchel thing either but not in the same way that i cant stand the klane thing.

Comment by maya – August 16, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope its karofsky to come in a break up kirk and blain.

Comment by Elly – August 16, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, we really need to see Kurt hook up with the guy who stalked him, repeatedly assaulted him, and threatened his life.

Comment by Sean C. – August 16, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Didn’t you know he just had a lot of pain? Who cares if he took it all out on Kurt while only caring about himself, that only made their ~bond stronger!! Gross.

Comment by Alex – August 16, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Karofsky is a manly jock, so his feelings are the most important. Kurt needs to understand that and it’s his job to help him get better! And when Karofsky is no longer regularly assaulting people, he deserves a reward for being such a good guy: Kurt!

Comment by Ann – August 28, 2012 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What was that about Kurt following Rachel? What about following his dreams? Didn’t he dream about New York? It’s clear the writers just want Kurt to be Rachel’s handbag 100%. They’ll keep Finchel together because…well, I actually don’t know why they’re still together at this point, but they will. They’ll keep Wemma together because they’re engaged and have been through a lot. They’ll keep Brittana together so they can kiss in reunion episodes. And Klaine will break up so Kurt can be Rachel’s Best Gay without any distractions. Kurt is written so well outside of his relationship, he doesn’t revolve around Blaine the way Rachel unhealthily revolves around Finn, so giving THIS reason and breaking up Klaine is ridiculous. And after everything they’ve said, after how strong their relationship has been, if this is it for Klaine and they aren’t endgame, than this show is even messier than I thought.

Comment by Jay – August 16, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • everything you said is so correct it’s perfect.

Comment by jon – August 16, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you 100%.

Comment by Kay – August 16, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg I can’t :( Klaine, no no no no :(

Comment by Abi – August 16, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, a lot of people are complaining that this will be “another breakup for Finchel”. To be fair, have they even gotten back together? The stuff that was filmed might actually be something along the lines of he left the army to go visit her when Blaine went to visit Kurt. And when Finn and she meet up they both decide that now isn’t the time to come back together yet. Lets not forget, the scenes that have been filmed show Blaine and Kurt talking, Kurt running off, and the opening lines of “Don’t Speak” (by No Doubt) are being sung; not by Chris or Darren…but by Cory (look it up on youtube, someone was on set and filmed it being filmed and leaked it). Just a thought guys…just a thought ;-)

Comment by Brad Falchuk – August 16, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • u aint Brad, no way!!!!!

Comment by Kennan – August 16, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you listen to the whole song played in the clip filmed in NY? Because I know Cory, Darren & Rachel are heard in the part I listened to, and I’m assuming Chris probably is part of it too.

Comment by Kay – August 16, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think people should be complaining, Glee is an awesome show, just let the writers do their thing so it can be a surprise, I don’t think we should be voting for who is going to break up, they are all amazing couples., the writers and director will know what to do, and it doesn’t matter what we think

Comment by lexibear – August 16, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Brittana breaks up they will lose a viewer! Or two, my friend is the SAME way!

Comment by Kennan – August 16, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finchel forever!

Comment by JJ – August 16, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Glee! Reality check…Everyone is tired of the Finchael drama. No one cares about them anymore, and just keep the couples people actually care about, like Britanna and Klaine together! No wonder the show is losing it’s audience.

Comment by Katie – August 16, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please don’t speak for “everyone” because you definitely don’t speak for me. Finchel are the only reason I watch Glee anymore. And if you had read the majority of the comments on here, you see the majority ARE Finchel fans. So don’t be presumptuous that just because you don’t like something that NO ONE does.

Comment by Jessie – August 16, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The writers need this reality check Finchel ruined Rachel and Finn last season all I want is for them to be apart.

Comment by Tara – August 17, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its going to be will and emma who split. No question about it.

Comment by Nathan S – August 16, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re getting married in November, according to all the writers. It’s not Will and Emma.

Comment by Jane – August 19, 2012 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why the secretism? we already know Klaine is breaking up, Finchel too. If they wanted to keep it a secret they shouldn´t have filmed those scenes outside… I love Klaine but last season they were really boring and they hardly had any storylines. I´m sure they will get back together at some point, but they could use some individual storylines and growth.

Comment by Evin – August 16, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The word you’re looking for is “secrecy”.

Comment by Sean C. – August 16, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *secretism

Comment by films melodramatic scene set to maudlin breakup song in Central Park – August 17, 2012 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t get me wrong, I like both of them but Wouldn’t it make more sense for Britanna to break up instead of Klaine. Santana is also going to college, starting a new chapter in her life, while Brittany is in high school still, and lets face it….not the best at staying with one person while in a relationship. Klaine on the other hand truly care for each other, i’m pretty sure their relationship can handle being long distance. And it’s Ohio for christ sakes!!!! It will be like a # hr bus ride if they want to see each other that badly!! It’s not like Kurt is going to Europe or something!

Comment by Katie – August 16, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could see both or neither of them breaking up (on this show, literally anything can happen at any time because the writers don’t care), but Louisville is noticeably closer to Lima than New York is, so you can’t really say that New York isn’t that far away for Klaine but is prohibitive for Brittana.

Comment by Sean C. – August 16, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And… Blaine is still in high school as well.

Comment by Jessie – August 16, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I admit it. I’m a Klaine shipper. But just because I ship Klaine doesn’t mean that I think all the other couples on the show need to be gay. As for the other couples, I think Rachel needs to grow up before she’s in a serious relationship with anyone, Santana could probably do well with or without Brittney, Will and Emma are awesome, and mike and Tina are kinda cute.

Comment by Bea – August 16, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Focus less on relationships? Yeah, right. 90% of what happened in the past three years happened because of makeups, breakups, someone trying to break others up, and so on. The whole show is centered on relationships, and if even the writers cannot recognize that. Well, that explains a lot.
    Imho, the Glee ship in sinking. Fast. …Like Titanic. lol I’m pretty positive this will be the last season. The characters have gotten boring. There are too many of them, and you cannot cram so many story-lines in 40 minutes.
    I think they are trying to make Glee seem too real. They kind of want to make it look like something that could happen in real life and at the same time make it so ridiculous it’s obvious something like this could never happen.
    In short, it’s a train-wreck. But that’s part of its charm, too.

It’s also pretty ridiculous how “Finchel fans” think that now that same sex couples will break up too, that means they achieved the equality they asked for. As ridiculous the other part of fandom asking for equality. As ridiculous as the producers bs-ing their way through it with “We did so much for the LGBT community”.
    Equality will never be achieved as long as this show is on Fox and as long as its writers care more about viewers and money than their so-called values. But hey, that’s showbiz.

Comment by springdrop – August 16, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the producers stated in an interview a few months ago that Will won’t get married. So that is likely the big break up. I agree that all of the characters are more interesting as individuals than couples.

Comment by Marisa – August 16, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ryan was referring to the season 3 finale when he said that, so it doesn’t confirm a Wemma break-up.

Comment by Sara (@Saranoh2009) – August 16, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay first off Rachel and Fin, broke up in the end of season 3 when Fin told Rachel to go live her dream and if they are ment to he then they will find a way back to each other , so everyone stop saying they are going to end, because they already have

Comment by lexibear – August 16, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Klaine relationship got old and offensive so quickly that I have no qualms seeing it go up to the chopping block. Good riddance.

Comment by Tim – August 16, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then Kurt can get swept off of his feet. Yay!!!

Comment by Nathan – August 16, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You said it! Yay!

Comment by Kurt supporter – August 16, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *snort*

Comment by films melodramatic scene set to maudlin breakup song in Central Park – August 17, 2012 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can he can get swept off his feet and swept into a bottomless pit? k thnx

Comment by films melodramatic scene set to maudlin breakup song in Central Park – August 17, 2012 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that if Klaine break-up some people may stop watching the show! finchel get ssoooooooo much air time that even finchel fans get bored :( i am a klaine fanatic i would love them to spice it up with an argument (i loved the make-up in wanna dance with someody) i think when/if they do break up they HAVE to make-up cause it would be lovely to see they i love u’s at the end of it! I think personally Finchel shoukld break-up with finn going to the army, and rachel ggoing to NYADA it will be better for the both of them finn will obviously die and Rachel will find it hard to fit into NYADA. I just feel klaine and fans will find it hard to cope with the break-up finchel definately need it! inconclusion finchel = disatrous break-up klaine NEED to stay together!

Comment by olivia – August 16, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Breaking up Klaine would be some good drama, but I do agree that they need to make up eventually. They also need to grow in separate places for a while, Blaine especially needs to be developed outside of his relationship.

Comment by bea – August 16, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You want Finn to die?!? Are you kidding me?! First, your grammar is atrocious so I THINK I understand what you are attempting to say. As a Finchel fan I can tell you I did not get bored with their story line. Because they had their ups and downs. They weren’t a “perfect” relationship. Have you had a real relationship? Because they aren’t perfect. I think Klaine will be interesting shaken up. Not necessarily broken up, but talking about conflicts is GOOD. When they had couples counselling and discussed their future and feelings, that was GOOD. I just wish it hadn’t been resolved so quickly because I think this will come up again especially with Kurt wanting to go to NYC. So, I agree. I don’t think Klaine should break up, but they definitely need something to spice up the story line. And I think a break up will happen, regardless of MY or YOUR opinion.

Comment by Jessie – August 16, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. If they have to break up Kurt and Blaine, so be it. But I’m hoping they will get back together before the season ends because I feel they are perfect for each other. But individual growth is good. I just don’t want Sebastian to get his hands on Blaine but I have a feeling he may be a part of the problem between Kurt and Blaine’s conflict/drama that leads to all of this.

Comment by Kay – August 16, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m ready for Finchel to be over, the complete opposite can be said for Brittana

Comment by Kiana – August 16, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does Brad realize how little everything he said makes sense in regards to Klaine and Brittana? If either of those couples break up because the characters need to be focused on as individuals it will make no sense. Santana’s coming out storyline was handled 100% without Brittany, and where was Blaine when Kurt was having a hard time in On My Way? Where was Kurt when Blaine was dealing with Finn? Those two couples deal with their own issues. Wemma and Finchel however are all up in each other’s lives and their storylines are intertwined to the point of annoyance. So just stop, Brad, and tell us the real reason you’re breaking them up. Too much homo?

Comment by erin – August 16, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mystery solved.
      In this particular case “It gets better” should be changed into “Nothing ever freaking changes”.

Comment by Sele – August 16, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God this post is full of so much win.

Comment by Ann – August 28, 2012 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent point Erin! Although, I think they’re just so lazy they can’t think of anything else. But yeah, they probably don’t want any kisses this year between Kurt and Blaine.

Comment by ugh! – August 16, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Aylin to be on it. Sorry guys, not over it.

Comment by dude – August 16, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited for Klaine drama, I highly doubt a breakup would be permanent. That would just be stupid. Klaine/Brittana/Finchel/Wemma, those should be the big ones, everything else is expendable in my eyes.

Comment by bea – August 16, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot WAIT for Klaine to break up. So tired of it, so over it. It was never all that engaging to begin with but it’s gotten painful lately.

Comment by RachelA – August 16, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep Finchel broken up and get Puckleberry together!

Comment by Katie – August 16, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry for your loss

Comment by Lol – August 16, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL in the word of Emma, “oh nobody’s safe, nobody’s safe…”

Shoot, I’m excited for individual developments. I’d love to see more friendships, l mean hello, Brotp opportunity. Maybe Rachel/Santana, or Tina/Brittany.

I’m a Finchel shipper, and yes I’ve been through a hella lot of break ups and love triangles, but in the end, the reward is great. Even despite all that, they never stopped loving each other, and I am positive that will continue. So if your OTP breaks up, just keep your head up high and hope for an epic reunion, and hey, we still have those sweet Brittana kisses thanks to RM’s tumblr.

Oh and I wonder who’s Artie’s new girlfriend is…

Comment by Brotp – August 16, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mean RM’s twitter

Comment by Palop – August 16, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seblaine, maybe? (:

Comment by ddd – August 16, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kurtbastian, if anything. Blaine is boring.

Comment by Boo – August 16, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol because an effemiphobic classist jerk who has only ever insulted Kurt and his friends and put his boyfriend in the hospital is what Kurt really needs. Jesus christ.

Comment by erin – August 16, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sebastian needs to go to juvie, not a boyfriend.

Comment by Ann – August 28, 2012 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He accidently scraped blaine in the eyeball. I think Blaine won’t want to get too close to that mess. Sebastian could eventually persude him though I suppose, through just not being so sexually forward all the time, and connecting more on an emotional level. I can see that happening.

Comment by Ally – August 17, 2012 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Blaine was never even into Sebastian. And after what happened? No way. Blaine is not some wilted flower. He knows how to put someone in their place. “None of that was classy. Nothing.”

Comment by Ann – August 28, 2012 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What ever Happens lets Hope Blake’s Character is not Made Gay

Comment by Jenny – August 16, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finchel is the most annoying couple on the show, hands down. I’d rather see Rachel back with Jesse than with Finn. The way they wrote her character this season totally ruined the show for me. Clingy, obsessive, and insecure. From the first episode, we knew exactly what Rachel wanted. Finn ruined that.

Comment by Joanie – August 16, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought in the first episode what Rachel wanted was Finn. I don’t see how he ruined that. She got what she was after.

Comment by Jessie – August 16, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since Santana and Brittany are both girls does that mean they won’t “get kicked in the nuts”

Comment by BrittanaFTW – August 16, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know what? Enough with this crap!!! I just can’t stand it anymore!! I have respect for all the couples (love Brittana, tough), but this whole situation is just ridiculous… Why can’t they just stay quiet about everything… I want to be surprised, I want couples like Brittana and Klaine to be treated fairly, whith proper storylines, I want Brittany to be a real character, not just a shadow of one…. We, the fans, we deserve this!! We keep this show on air.. I still have strong hopes, after all, Glee helped me to really show myself, to understand how powerfull this like love can be… I’m out and proud, and Glee and its characters were essential through this somehow difficult process.. So, I can’t wait for Sep. 13… And writers, SHUT UP!! Stop teasing the fandoms!! It’s about time!!! And guys, let’s wait and see… If it’s not worth it, live goes one, and let’s keep only the good memories..

Comment by Jake – August 16, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if you “want to be surprised,” and want them to “just stay quiet about everything” just don’t read these articles, simple as that….

Comment by Laura Wallis – August 16, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m laughing so hard right now because all the Klaine shipers are depressed or crying because of the break-up between Kurt and Blaine. And the Finchel Fandom we’re like “Aha it’s your turn now!” We’re used to this, but it’s weird to see other Fandom “explode”. But we we’re there: F#ck, we can not trust Ryan # FinchelForever “

Comment by MoncheleWorshiper – August 16, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope Finchel breaks up and stay that way. They are so boring together….

Comment by Frida – August 16, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • However, I am Puckelberry FTW.

Comment by Joanie – August 16, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ONE thing that I want is Kurt happy. I think I’d be ok with him dating someone else for a while but I hope Klaind gets back togethef anyway….my OTP <3
    But…as long as Kurt is happy. <3

Comment by B – August 16, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am exicited for this year! It should be interesting to see how the characters develop without the people they have used as a cructh in their lives for so long. Im particulary intrested to see the Finn and Rachel story play out, as they are my favorite couple. No offense to any of the couples.

Comment by alesharose – August 16, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my guess is that Santana/Brittany, and Kurt/Blaine break up. Will/Emma, and Rachel/Finn stay together.

my reason for this is that Britt and Blaine are still in high school thus in the main cast so the writers probably want to get them into new romances. But Glee is good at throwing curve balls, so I guess we won’t know until Sept. 13th

Comment by Laura Wallis – August 16, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, I don’t expect anyone to think that Klaine won’t get back together by the end of the season at the very least. But they’re getting old, Criss has said himself that they’re verging on “old married couple” status. They need to spice things up a bit, it’s unrealistic for couples to be happy rainbows all the time. People in high school don’t tend to keep one relationship, they branch out, they experiment, they mature and grow away from each other. But then again, this is Ryan Murphy we’re talking about. Anything can happen.

Comment by Jade – August 16, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Which is why as a klainer, I openly support a breakup.

Comment by yah – August 17, 2012 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post