Fall TV First Look: The CW Unveils Key Art for Arrow, Beauty and the Beast and Emily Owens

The CW has released its key art posters for all three of the network’s new dramas, and they all have something in common: They aim to get your heart pumping (or at least try to, in Dr. Emily Owens’ case).

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

The poster for Arrow (premiering Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 8/7c, leading into Supernatural) capitalizes on series lead Stephen Amell’s “OK” chiseled looks. Beauty and the Beast (Thursday, Oct. 11 at 9 pm, after Vampire Diaries), meanwhile, plays up the intense juxtaposition of the titular twosome, military-experiment-gone-wrong Vincent (played by Jay Ryan) and gorg’ police detective Catherine (Smallville vet Kristin Kreuk). Warning: The tagline for the latter of those two may give you a Bee Gees earworm; I at least am stuck with one.

On the much, much lighter side, Emily Owens, M.D. (Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 9 pm, paired with Hart of Dixie) highlights Good Wife alum Mamie Gummer’s adorkable, unlucky-in-love doc.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: 25 Fresh Faces That Are on Our Radar — and Should Be on Yours

You can also get ready for fall with our previews of The CW’s returning dramas Gossip GirlThe Vampire Diaries, Supernatural (also watch video) and Nikita (watch video), and get caught up on the latest Hart of Dixie scoops and 90210 news (including an Olympic-sized guest star)

1. AW says:

As terrible and twee as I think ‘Emily Owens’ looks, I think that’s clever key art and likely suits the show.

• lorna says:

Crap, crap and more crap. Emily Owens looks HORRIBLE. Umm, Scrubs did that promo before. Beauty and the Beast may be ok, I like Kristin K and there is a LUX alumni in there. Love Katie Cassidy but not interested in Arrow. God I miss LUX, RINGER and Veronica Mars.

2. kavyn says:

I really adore EO’s poster. The other two are very lame.

3. Jay says:

Kristin Kreuk is one of the hottest women on TV. True story…

4. Fabe says:

The Emily Owens, M.D. poster takes me back to my Scrubs days! I love it.

5. mayiread says:

You have me at abs…I mean Arrow.

6. Peeta says:

They’re using the abs to attract the female demo, Beauty & the Beast looks compelling and Emily Owens MD looks much lighter, like a romcom poster. They look really good.

7. april-ann says:

Not interested in Arrow. Loved the original Beauty and the Beast but that poster does not make me want to watch the new one. I’d like to watch Emily Owens because I am a fan of Mamie Gummer but after having invested alot of time in Privileged, Life Unexpected and Ringer, I’m not so sure tuning in to it is a good idea.

8. Mikaylah says:

I really like the Arrow poster, and the fact that it alludes to the torment and torture Oliver endured to become Green Arrow. I’m looking forward to seeing a darker side of that character than what we saw on Smallville. The poster for Beauty and the Beast looks alright, but I’m not a huge Kristin Kreuk fan, so I’m not sure whether I’ll be watching it or not. Emily Owens looks like a cute show, but I’m still on the fence about it as well.

9. Ale says:

I’m sorry but the Arrow one is a copy from a 2001 Smallville poster and I’m not the first one to notice it.

10. I’m really looking forward to Arrow (and in midseason, Cult). Not sure what to think about this poster. On the one hand, I’m sick of their promoting the show with so much emphasis on Stephen Amell’s abs; we get it, he’s hot as hell, can we get a little less shallow and focus on the plot? Reminds me of how they constantly promoted Nikita with Maggie Q in a bikini/underwear. Nikita actually turned out to be a fantastic show; let’s hope the same is true for Arrow.
    On the other hand, I *was* a little shocked by how graphically scarred his body is. This show definitely looks like it’s going much darker than the CW’s usual brand. I hope they can pull off this kind of insightful look into the hero’s damaged psyche, which is no mean feat.

11. Renee says:

And Matt…”Warning: The tagline for the latter of those two may give you a Bee Gees earworm; I at least am stuck with one.” I got it and laughed out loud.

12. Kate says:

“How brave is your love?” just reads to me: “Are you brave enough to stay with someone who may be physically abusive?”

• BL says:

Oh I see that the resident Chuck Bass hater is here. Eyeroll

Arrow looks so amazing and I dont even know what a Green Arrow is. This poster for Beauty and the Beast is making me rethink my intial decesion not to watch it. Its paired with TVD, right?!

I have to say, CW’s schedule looks really promising. If they have a couple seasons with really strong shows that are young, how would the fit them all in?!?!? Did I just ahead of myself?

13. Lena says:

Looking forward to Emily Owens. Should be fun!

14. itsme says:

And Arrow wins. That is a HOT poster.

15. Fran says:

I’m really looking forward to Beauty and the Beast. Looks like an awesome lead actor pairing!

16. albtrex says:

Arrow!!! :Q________________

17. Juliette says:

Definitely looking forward to Beauty and the Beast!

18. dude says:

All the posters are good. I see Emily Owens MD as the first canceled.

19. That is Beauty And The Beast really? NO! The real series of the 80s was a heck of allot better, Vincent was really a beast, played very well by Ron Perlman, this is just wrong!As to be expected by the CW, of course their not going to pass up the chance to have some romance with some so called hunky guy and a pretty girl by being true to the story!

• megalion says:

I agree. I adored the original as a kid. Own it on DVD.
      I will be giving it a shot regardless of my concerns. Maybe it will surprise me.

I’m worried that it’ll be too “teenified” especially as Kristin looks too young to have made detective rank. I like Kreuk but she still looks more like she should be a beat cop struggling to launch herself upwards into detective ranks. A lot of fodder there for Vincent to protect & help her.

I’m also a firm believer that Vincent should look much more altered like the original (that makeup was superb… ahead of it’s time). If that’s the extent… It’s going to be a struggle