Dexter Video: Watch The New and Massively Spoiler-Packed Season 7 Trailer

Dexter Season 7Will Dex kill Deb?

As the following new Dexter trailer makes crystal clear, that’s the big question hanging over the Showtime thriller’s upcoming seventh season.

PHOTO | Dexter‘s Bloody Cryptic Season 7 Key Art

“My name has lieutenant in front of it,” an agonized Deb is heard telling Dex after discovering his Dark Passenger. “I can’t just turn my back on this.”

That’s followed by this ominous voiceover confession from Dex: “The only thing worse than not knowing what she’ll do is not knowing what I’ll do.”

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories/predictions.

1. mary says:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Amyb says:

Matsuka better not die.

3. Tack says:

Looks great! Hope this season is better than the last two.

4. Mario says:

Cant wait to see it! :)

5. Antony says:

holy sh1t

6. Sarah says:

This looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Liam says:

Holy sh!t!! After the last season (maybe the two last seasons), Dexter kinda just fell in the ‘appointment tv’ group, but this looks fracking good. No, it looks fracking great. Maybe there’s still hope this is one series that can go out on top.

• George says:

It already had 2and half lack luster seasons. This show Will never have the type of legacy as The Shield, The Supranos, and The Wire. It can still possibly pull 2 more good seasons. If the writers and producers humble themselves.

• squander says:

Humbling yourself is a good idea. The writers just have to write better stuff.

• Shaun says:

The Wire is still junk,no one will convince me otherwise

• bmore billy says:

I grew up in b-more and I gotta say the wire was so accurate it could’ve been a reality tv show.
          Please do not mistake The Wire for some over dramatized Hollywood concoction.
          Stick Up boyz are no joke, Omar and Snoop, That is too real, Bmore really does have people who roll around and rob/kill the pushers and the pushers are scared of them.

Real talk people

8. emma says:

Looks promesing, can’t wait!

9. Jay says:

First thought: What an amazing trailer, great to see this show back on track!
    Second thought: Oh wait. I said the same thing about the Season 6 trailer.

10. Lori says:

Awesone! I can’t wait!!!!

11. maryploppins says:

Wow this almost makes me give a cr-p about Dexter again.

12. Emily says:

Oh, my God. OH MY GOD!! How could you dump this on me more than a month before the premiere, I cannot possibly last that long!

13. niks says:

So glad to have the real Dexter back.

14. super troll says:

I’m sorry but in season 2 he went to great lengths to NOT kill Doakes. And now you’re telling me I’m supposed to buy that he might kill Deb. Deb, if he could care about anyone he’d care about Deb??? Uh, no.

• cmunney says:

I partially agree with you. It does go against his established character at first glance. However, the difference between the two situations is now he has a kid that he wants to take care of so, maybe that would make him more desperate to not get arrested and force him to contemplate doing something that he doesn’t want to do. If they don’t address this in some fashion I will be a little disappointed.

• lara says:

I think he was shown struggling about what to do about Doakes – if Doakes hadn’t been killed by someone else and Dexter’s life and way of existence was threatened, I absolutely believe he would have killed him. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but in trying to protect Lumen, I think he also killed/hurt someone who was not a murderer and was getting on to him. I don’t think that Dexter WILL kill Debra, but I think it’s completely in his character to think about it.

• Nahtan says:

Dude pay attention to the season 7 trailer he kills masuka the guy with the intern group and yeah now he is gonna possibly kill deb… :/ wow but when you think about it he was following Harries code back then thats why he did not kill doakes but now that he has left the code of harry he is becoming more like his brother brian (the ice truck killer)

15. Ally says:

OMG, I’m worried for Matsuka now

Can’t wait for 30 Sept!

16. Ashley says:

Holy crap this looks amazing!! I for one never understood why people didn’t like the Julia Stiles season. I loved it. Not as good as the Trinity season, but comes in at number two or three for me (depending on where i place Season 1). I hated last season however, Edward James Olmos was so under-utilized and the Colin Hanks character was a total dud!

17. lara says:

I cannot waitttttt! I wish we could have gotten a peek of Yvonne Strahovski, but that’s just me being greedy.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to hear no talk of “being in love with my brother” – hoping that storyline just dies.

18. Captain Awesome says:

Oh My GOD!!!!!!
    And ditto, wish I could have seen Yvonne Strahovski

19. Wesley says:

The only two things I’ve ever really believed when Deb found out the truth was that Dexter would never kill Deb and that Deb would never betray Dexter. I hope neither one of those things happens, but it looks like it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

20. JRA says:

in the book he kills Deb ..

21. angela says:

Screw the sapranos, the sheild, and the wire,( what the hell is the wire)? Ive watched enough shows to know that “dexter” is as good as it gets, I am so sad to hear that there will only be two seasons left but thankful the writers were willing to side with the network to end the show at season 8 instead of ending at season 7. After lost and prison break ending ive needed some kind of ” heart pounding” show to love and dexter has more than fulfilled that void. Even though season 6 was not as exciting as the previous 5 I think it was not a bad move cause now that us veiwers have seen a glimpse of what is to come we are even more excited that the show is back on track. Xoxo

22. angela says:

Cant wait to see the premier tonight I dont know how I will be able to wait 5 more hours until it is on, trying to keep busy until then!

23. Dave says:

This show does a great job of making you think something is going to happen to certain characters. I seriously doubt he kills either Masuka or his sister.