Dexter Video: Watch The New and Massively Spoiler-Packed Season 7 Trailer

Get More: Video

Dexter Season 7Will Dex kill Deb?

As the following new Dexter trailer makes crystal clear, that’s the big question hanging over the Showtime thriller’s upcoming seventh season.

PHOTO | Dexter‘s Bloody Cryptic Season 7 Key Art

“My name has lieutenant in front of it,” an agonized Deb is heard telling Dex after discovering his Dark Passenger. “I can’t just turn my back on this.”

That’s followed by this ominous voiceover confession from Dex: “The only thing worse than not knowing what she’ll do is not knowing what I’ll do.”

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories/predictions.

Tags: ,

Comments (31)

• WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by mary – August 16, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matsuka better not die.

Comment by Amyb – August 16, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks great! Hope this season is better than the last two.

Comment by Tack – August 16, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg :)

Comment by adamb – August 16, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait to see it! :)

Comment by Mario – August 16, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • holy sh1t

Comment by Antony – August 16, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Sarah – August 16, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy sh!t!! After the last season (maybe the two last seasons), Dexter kinda just fell in the ‘appointment tv’ group, but this looks fracking good. No, it looks fracking great. Maybe there’s still hope this is one series that can go out on top.

Comment by Liam – August 16, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It already had 2and half lack luster seasons. This show Will never have the type of legacy as The Shield, The Supranos, and The Wire. It can still possibly pull 2 more good seasons. If the writers and producers humble themselves.

Comment by George – August 16, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Humbling yourself is a good idea. The writers just have to write better stuff.

Comment by squander – August 16, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Wire is still junk,no one will convince me otherwise

Comment by Shaun – August 16, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I grew up in b-more and I gotta say the wire was so accurate it could’ve been a reality tv show.
          Please do not mistake The Wire for some over dramatized Hollywood concoction.
          Stick Up boyz are no joke, Omar and Snoop, That is too real, Bmore really does have people who roll around and rob/kill the pushers and the pushers are scared of them.

Real talk people

Comment by bmore billy – September 17, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks promesing, can’t wait!

Comment by emma – August 16, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First thought: What an amazing trailer, great to see this show back on track!
    Second thought: Oh wait. I said the same thing about the Season 6 trailer.

Comment by Jay – August 16, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesone! I can’t wait!!!!

Comment by Lori – August 16, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow this almost makes me give a cr-p about Dexter again.

Comment by maryploppins – August 16, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, my God. OH MY GOD!! How could you dump this on me more than a month before the premiere, I cannot possibly last that long!

Comment by Emily – August 16, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to have the real Dexter back.

Comment by niks – August 16, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry but in season 2 he went to great lengths to NOT kill Doakes. And now you’re telling me I’m supposed to buy that he might kill Deb. Deb, if he could care about anyone he’d care about Deb??? Uh, no.

Comment by super troll – August 16, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I partially agree with you. It does go against his established character at first glance. However, the difference between the two situations is now he has a kid that he wants to take care of so, maybe that would make him more desperate to not get arrested and force him to contemplate doing something that he doesn’t want to do. If they don’t address this in some fashion I will be a little disappointed.

Comment by cmunney – August 16, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he was shown struggling about what to do about Doakes – if Doakes hadn’t been killed by someone else and Dexter’s life and way of existence was threatened, I absolutely believe he would have killed him. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but in trying to protect Lumen, I think he also killed/hurt someone who was not a murderer and was getting on to him. I don’t think that Dexter WILL kill Debra, but I think it’s completely in his character to think about it.

Comment by lara – August 16, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dude pay attention to the season 7 trailer he kills masuka the guy with the intern group and yeah now he is gonna possibly kill deb… :/ wow but when you think about it he was following Harries code back then thats why he did not kill doakes but now that he has left the code of harry he is becoming more like his brother brian (the ice truck killer)

Comment by Nahtan – August 29, 2012 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, I’m worried for Matsuka now

Can’t wait for 30 Sept!

Comment by Ally – August 16, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy crap this looks amazing!! I for one never understood why people didn’t like the Julia Stiles season. I loved it. Not as good as the Trinity season, but comes in at number two or three for me (depending on where i place Season 1). I hated last season however, Edward James Olmos was so under-utilized and the Colin Hanks character was a total dud!

Comment by Ashley – August 16, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot waitttttt! I wish we could have gotten a peek of Yvonne Strahovski, but that’s just me being greedy.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to hear no talk of “being in love with my brother” – hoping that storyline just dies.

Comment by lara – August 16, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh My GOD!!!!!!
    And ditto, wish I could have seen Yvonne Strahovski

Comment by Captain Awesome – August 16, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only two things I’ve ever really believed when Deb found out the truth was that Dexter would never kill Deb and that Deb would never betray Dexter. I hope neither one of those things happens, but it looks like it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

Comment by Wesley – August 17, 2012 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • in the book he kills Deb ..

Comment by JRA – September 30, 2012 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw the sapranos, the sheild, and the wire,( what the hell is the wire)? Ive watched enough shows to know that “dexter” is as good as it gets, I am so sad to hear that there will only be two seasons left but thankful the writers were willing to side with the network to end the show at season 8 instead of ending at season 7. After lost and prison break ending ive needed some kind of ” heart pounding” show to love and dexter has more than fulfilled that void. Even though season 6 was not as exciting as the previous 5 I think it was not a bad move cause now that us veiwers have seen a glimpse of what is to come we are even more excited that the show is back on track. Xoxo

Comment by angela – September 30, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait to see the premier tonight I dont know how I will be able to wait 5 more hours until it is on, trying to keep busy until then!

Comment by angela – September 30, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show does a great job of making you think something is going to happen to certain characters. I seriously doubt he kills either Masuka or his sister.

Comment by Dave – October 6, 2012 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post