Mayim Bialik 'In Pain' But Headed Back to Big Bang Theory Set the Day After Car Accident

The Big Bang Theory Emmy nominee Mayim Bialik says she is “in pain” but not, as gossiped by TMZ, at risk of losing any fingers, as the result of a car accident she was involved in on Wednesday.

In fact, Bialik plans to report for work on the Big Bang set Thursday, as scheduled, with production not expected to be affected, our sister site Deadline reports.

With her husband typing the missive to fans and followers, Bialik’s Twitter feed reported, “In pain but will keep all my fingers,” contrary to the aforementioned TMZ “report” that touted “tons and tons of blood everywhere” at the Los Angeles crash site.

“If you wanna see pre-accident me, watch The Soup tonight,” she added, promoting her Wednesday appearance on Joel McHale’s E! series.

1. Olivia says:

Lately I cannot stand neither her character nor her.

• Sarah says:

And a post about her surviving a serious car accident seemed like a good place to inform the world of that, did it?

Classy.

• Anthea Villanueva says:

Hope your happy. Stay classy. FYI, that was sarcasm.

• Jean Alice says:

And you waited for them to write something about her being in an accident to tell that.
      Wow. That was very thoughtful of you.

• callum222 says:

Hear, hear. “Can’t stand her” is the phrase she seems to elicit from people. It’s unfortunate that she was in an accident, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s something fundamentally irritating about this woman, which bleeds into Amy, making her unbearable to watch. With a charming actress, Amy could’ve been likeable at least, lovable even, like how Jim Parsons has made Sheldon adorable as heck despite his foibles. No such luck with Bialik.

• TV Gord says:

“Can’t stand her” is the phrase she seems to elicit from people.–callum222

From you and that jerk up there. Everyone else on here has more compassion for her and some downright like her. So, your first line is ridiculous. Don’t assume YOUR opinion is the majority opinion. That’s arrogant.

• Eleanor Elliott says:

OMG! What a hater! Amy Farrah Fowler is one of my favorite characters on the show and Mayim Bialik is a great actor. I think it’s amazing how she plays this role. She’s not some beauty queen and shows television viewers what :Real People look like, as opposed to all these blonde beauties that TV fills the screen with. I don’t feel she is irritating or unlikeable at all. Get over yourself!

• The Squatch says:

“Lately I cannot stand neither her (meaning Olivia) (lack of) character nor her.”

• jtblue says:

I cannot believe that all of you really think you are serious regarding this actress. Note on actress!!!. She’s playing a part – sometimes likeable sometimes not. Same as with Sheldon’s character, acting is involved. I don’t believe anyone would want to be as their characters act, but it’s acting non-the-less. Get real people. IT’S A SITCOM.

2. Gwen says:

Why does anyone believe anything that TMZ says? They are worthless…

• TV Gord says:

They’re right almost always. Don’t be a snob.

• Gwen says:

I’m expressing an opinion. I don’t think that merits name-calling. I don’t call you stupid for believing TMZ…

• TV Gord says:

Well, TMZ IS right most of the time, so that doesn’t make me stupid. You have a preconceived notion about them, so if it doesn’t make you a snob, it does make you prejudiced.

• TV Gord says:

…and there’s nothing to say TMZ was wrong. They said she MAY lose her fingers. Her husband had to tweet for her that–thankfully–her fingers are safe. There was nothing to say TMZ had it wrong. They posted an update that her fingers are safe at virtually the same time this story was posted here. They are sticking with their story that the injury to her hand was that serious, though. I guess we’ll find out the truth eventually, but even this site’s sister site, Deadline, felt the TMZ report was credible enough to quote it.

3. melissa says:

Comment grossly inadequate considering the situation that crosses the mayim

4. Anthea Villanueva says:

Glad she’s doing okay. I was surprised she’d work immediately after, but I guess that can only mean a good thing–that she wasn’t seriously hurt.

5. Sam says:

See Kristin Chenoweth? Some people are professionals. Not that I watch The Big Bang Theory, but whatever.

• Amy says:

Seriously? Kristin has a head & neck injury! I’m sorry Mayim was hurt & I hope she is better soon, but they obviously don’t compare.

• TV Gord says:

And Kristin was photographed in NYC this week and she still has black eyes from that accident. What a stupid comment.

• Alex says:

Dude… Not cool. You can’t compared what were probably some bruised fingers and maybe a sore body to a freaking head injury!

• Amy says:

K.Chen was injured on set. In a work accident. A witness was sure she was dead. A month later she still has a black eye and a neck brace. If that happened to me at work, I would quit too.

• Kitty S. says:

Chenoweth was SERIOUSLY injured, clearly, Bialik wasn’t. Besides, highly doubtful that it’s all about professionalism… Bialik has already disregarded her fundamental “principles” on feminism for the sake of co-starring in a sexist show playing a character who believes beauty and popularity trumps intelligence and education. It will take more than a non-major accident to keep her away from that popular TV set.

6. Donnie says:

I really really love her, and her character. Following her on twitter and Facebook has been a real pleasure. I may not always agree with her, but thoroughly enjoy reading her thoughts and experiences. Hope she heals fast!

7. Ali says:

Love her, love her character, Amy and wish her the best as she heals. So glad she will keep her fingers. Very scary. She’s smart to drive a Volvo. Safest car in the world besides a tank.

8. TV Gord says:

People are posting that Bialik is “okay”. Do we know that? Just because she isn’t losing her finger doesn’t mean she’s okay. She seems to have been badly hurt if she had to have her husband tweet for her. So, what IS the real story, anyway?

9. Raul71717 says:

Seriously? She hurt her hand, her and said hand are ok. Yay! Now that we got that ish out the way, ….yes! Her character on is crap! Olivia & everyone else who agree that her character feels like the most boring, uninspired, example of hack acting, are %100 correct! The fact she got nominated for the SAG awards is the only joke I find laughable regarding her character’s written lines & her lack of ability to bring that character to life. And I DO watch the series. Love it even! But her part sucks. Even she herself claimed being thoroughly convinced that she couldn’t possibly win an award for that role. Btw, I bet if she weren’t a celeb none of u public defenders would give 2 ish’s about her or her hand, so cut the noble, concerned BS. G’head, grab ur torches & pitchforks & bring on the butthurt responses! I’ll play this game!