Mayim Bialik 'In Pain' But Headed Back to Big Bang Theory Set the Day After Car Accident

Get More: News

The Big Bang Theory Emmy nominee Mayim Bialik says she is “in pain” but not, as gossiped by TMZ, at risk of losing any fingers, as the result of a car accident she was involved in on Wednesday.

In fact, Bialik plans to report for work on the Big Bang set Thursday, as scheduled, with production not expected to be affected, our sister site Deadline reports.

With her husband typing the missive to fans and followers, Bialik’s Twitter feed reported, “In pain but will keep all my fingers,” contrary to the aforementioned TMZ “report” that touted “tons and tons of blood everywhere” at the Los Angeles crash site.

“If you wanna see pre-accident me, watch The Soup tonight,” she added, promoting her Wednesday appearance on Joel McHale’s E! series.

Tags:

Comments (35)

• Lately I cannot stand neither her character nor her.

Comment by Olivia – August 15, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And a post about her surviving a serious car accident seemed like a good place to inform the world of that, did it?

Classy.

Comment by Sarah – August 15, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ! ! ! Thank you!

Comment by TV Gord – August 15, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope your happy. Stay classy. FYI, that was sarcasm.

Comment by Anthea Villanueva – August 15, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I got that. And I’m very happy btw.
        Did I ever said I wish she was dead? No.

Comment by Olivia – August 15, 2012 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So, you’re standing behind your comment. Wow. Well, then you have to be prepared for those of us who think you’re a jerk.

Comment by TV Gord – August 15, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And you waited for them to write something about her being in an accident to tell that.
      Wow. That was very thoughtful of you.

Comment by Jean Alice – August 15, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hear, hear. “Can’t stand her” is the phrase she seems to elicit from people. It’s unfortunate that she was in an accident, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s something fundamentally irritating about this woman, which bleeds into Amy, making her unbearable to watch. With a charming actress, Amy could’ve been likeable at least, lovable even, like how Jim Parsons has made Sheldon adorable as heck despite his foibles. No such luck with Bialik.

Comment by callum222 – August 16, 2012 01:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Can’t stand her” is the phrase she seems to elicit from people.–callum222

From you and that jerk up there. Everyone else on here has more compassion for her and some downright like her. So, your first line is ridiculous. Don’t assume YOUR opinion is the majority opinion. That’s arrogant.

Comment by TV Gord – August 16, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Lately I cannot stand neither her (meaning Olivia) (lack of) character nor her.”

Comment by The Squatch – August 16, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I cannot believe that all of you really think you are serious regarding this actress. Note on actress!!!. She’s playing a part – sometimes likeable sometimes not. Same as with Sheldon’s character, acting is involved. I don’t believe anyone would want to be as their characters act, but it’s acting non-the-less. Get real people. IT’S A SITCOM.

Comment by jtblue – September 23, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does anyone believe anything that TMZ says? They are worthless…

Comment by Gwen – August 15, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re right almost always. Don’t be a snob.

Comment by TV Gord – August 15, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m expressing an opinion. I don’t think that merits name-calling. I don’t call you stupid for believing TMZ…

Comment by Gwen – August 15, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, TMZ IS right most of the time, so that doesn’t make me stupid. You have a preconceived notion about them, so if it doesn’t make you a snob, it does make you prejudiced.

Comment by TV Gord – August 16, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …and there’s nothing to say TMZ was wrong. They said she MAY lose her fingers. Her husband had to tweet for her that–thankfully–her fingers are safe. There was nothing to say TMZ had it wrong. They posted an update that her fingers are safe at virtually the same time this story was posted here. They are sticking with their story that the injury to her hand was that serious, though. I guess we’ll find out the truth eventually, but even this site’s sister site, Deadline, felt the TMZ report was credible enough to quote it.

Comment by TV Gord – August 15, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Comment grossly inadequate considering the situation that crosses the mayim

Comment by melissa – August 15, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad she’s doing okay. I was surprised she’d work immediately after, but I guess that can only mean a good thing–that she wasn’t seriously hurt.

Comment by Anthea Villanueva – August 15, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • See Kristin Chenoweth? Some people are professionals. Not that I watch The Big Bang Theory, but whatever.

Comment by Sam – August 15, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously? Kristin has a head & neck injury! I’m sorry Mayim was hurt & I hope she is better soon, but they obviously don’t compare.

Comment by Amy – August 15, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Kristin was photographed in NYC this week and she still has black eyes from that accident. What a stupid comment.

Comment by TV Gord – August 15, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dude… Not cool. You can’t compared what were probably some bruised fingers and maybe a sore body to a freaking head injury!

Comment by Alex – August 15, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • K.Chen was injured on set. In a work accident. A witness was sure she was dead. A month later she still has a black eye and a neck brace. If that happened to me at work, I would quit too.

Comment by Amy – August 15, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chenoweth was SERIOUSLY injured, clearly, Bialik wasn’t. Besides, highly doubtful that it’s all about professionalism… Bialik has already disregarded her fundamental “principles” on feminism for the sake of co-starring in a sexist show playing a character who believes beauty and popularity trumps intelligence and education. It will take more than a non-major accident to keep her away from that popular TV set.

Comment by Kitty S. – August 16, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um, what? What show are YOU watching?

Comment by TV Gord – August 16, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s obvious that Olivia has never seen BBT.

Comment by darryl – September 27, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really really love her, and her character. Following her on twitter and Facebook has been a real pleasure. I may not always agree with her, but thoroughly enjoy reading her thoughts and experiences. Hope she heals fast!

Comment by Donnie – August 15, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I don’t always agree with her but I like her. She’s open and honest about who she is and I think that’s refreshing.
      And I LOVE Amy.

Comment by itsme – August 15, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, I enjoy Amy on BBT as well. I’m glad ms. Bialik is OK.

Comment by Tara Green (@Tarasoleil) – August 16, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her, love her character, Amy and wish her the best as she heals. So glad she will keep her fingers. Very scary. She’s smart to drive a Volvo. Safest car in the world besides a tank.

Comment by Ali – August 15, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People are posting that Bialik is “okay”. Do we know that? Just because she isn’t losing her finger doesn’t mean she’s okay. She seems to have been badly hurt if she had to have her husband tweet for her. So, what IS the real story, anyway?

Comment by TV Gord – August 16, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahhaha.

Comment by Olivia – August 16, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Olivia, seriously. Shame on you. Get well soon Mayim.

Comment by Steven – August 16, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, get well soon Mayim, or else you may miss a taping day of fawning over Jim Parsons away from your stay-at-home husband. You wouldn’t want THAT, now would you?

Comment by Kitty S. – August 17, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? She hurt her hand, her and said hand are ok. Yay! Now that we got that ish out the way, ….yes! Her character on is crap! Olivia & everyone else who agree that her character feels like the most boring, uninspired, example of hack acting, are %100 correct! The fact she got nominated for the SAG awards is the only joke I find laughable regarding her character’s written lines & her lack of ability to bring that character to life. And I DO watch the series. Love it even! But her part sucks. Even she herself claimed being thoroughly convinced that she couldn’t possibly win an award for that role. Btw, I bet if she weren’t a celeb none of u public defenders would give 2 ish’s about her or her hand, so cut the noble, concerned BS. G’head, grab ur torches & pitchforks & bring on the butthurt responses! I’ll play this game!

Comment by Raul71717 – March 1, 2014 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post