Arrow Hits Bullseye, Nabs John Barrowman

John Barrowman ArrowThe CW’s Arrow has made an impressive addition to its quiver.

Torchwood star John Barrowman is joining the cast of The CW’s new superhero drama in a recurring role, TVLine has confirmed.

HOT VIDEO | Arrow Hunk Reveals Secrets Behind That Shirtless Scene

According to EW.com, which first broke the news, Barrowman will play a character known as “Well Dressed Man,” a wealthy acquaintance of the Queen family and a prominent figure in Starling City.

Arrow premieres Wednesday, Oct. 10, at 8/7c, leading into Supernatural.

1. GeeMa says:

Can’t wait. Barrowman is a great addition.

2. me says:

Love John Barrowman

3. Emily says:

Oooh. I don’t even watch Torchwood and this just makes me want to watch Arrow even more. It was a good pilot!

4. Maro says:

Starling city???

5. Amy says:

This so just made my day. Great casting job from the Arrow crew. I cannot wait.

6. Arthur says:

Excellent news! Let’s hope this is better than the fourth series of Torchwood – that Starz POS was just *not* Torchwood and I think we can all agree that Torchwood should have ended after the brilliant third series. THAT was the proper end of the show.

• TDS-Matt says:

Miracle Day was about on part with series two, and certainly a huge step up from Torchwood’s first year.

But yeah, Children of Earth is easily the peak of the show.

• Els says:

Uhm no…. 1 and 2 were great, 3 was awesome and 4 was lame and drawn out aka american-style.

• Jess says:

ugh, i think MD was worse than series 1, and I didn’t even think 1 was that good. But I loved series 2!

• Temperence says:

Children of Earth was deeply terrible, and Miracle Day just as bad, but in a different way. And MD had Mekhi Pfifer, which is the best way to ruin any show for good. Ugh.

• TDS-Matt says:

Look, if you’re going to praise either of the first two seasons and bash Children of Earth, then you’re basically just a fanboy. Cool, you can be that. But it’s the equivalent of saying “You know what sucks? The Godfather. Scarface is easily better.”

• Jake says:

No. CoE was just the typical government hating, council estate visiting BS you find a billion times over on TV over here in Britain these days. I would kill for a show like the second series of Torchwood to come back to our screens.

• Liz says:

WTF, Children of Earth was one of the greatest miniseries ever. It’s a shame that they killed off 3/5ths of the main characters within the span of five episodes (and that they killed three of the most interesting cast members), but to say COE was terrible is not only stupid but patently wrong.

I do agree that MD wholly sucked, though. Mekhi Pfifer is terrible, but the entire thing was just a waste of airtime. That’s ten hours of my life I’ll never get back. I don’t know what the hell it was, but it definitely wasn’t Torchwood.

• COE was fantastic, great series. Good call casting Barrowman, CW.

• mac says:

I didn’t mind MD, it was pretty bad for Torchwood but it left me wanting for more….and I’m still praying for a fifth season. Maybe JB getting more know in the US gives us a better chance at a fifth season.

7. Michelle says:

Captain Jack and Oliver Queen?! Sweet Jesus. I might pass out from the hotness.

8. Mikaylah says:

Such great casting! I can’t wait for Arrow to premiere!

9. kat says:

Damn, I was hoping Nikita would snag him and reunite him with Dillon Casey, lol.

10. Amanda says:

Wasnt sure if I was going to watch Arrow, but I absolutely will now. Barrowman is an amazing personality on everything show he does. cannot wait.

11. abby says:

captain jack!!!!

12. Brainlock says:

Max Lord?
    as long as he gets an out to go back and shoot something for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary, it’s all good.

13. Shannon says:

I wasn’t planning on watching Arrow. But I am now! I love my Captain Jack! And yes I was disappointed in Miracle Day.

14. madhatter360 says:

On was one the fence about whether I wanted to watch this show. Now I know I’m watching it.

15. Allison P says:

So happy to have John back on my television!

16. Ace says:

Nicely played, Arrow. Consider me interested.

17. itsme says:

Okay, now I’m definitely watching. I was already going to check it out, but I wasn’t sold on it…I’m in for much longer now.

18. Drew says:

Not really a fan, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m starting to get the impression that the show is going to be “soft” like most CW shows, when they really should be aiming for the crowd that Supernatural appeals to. Cars and guns. My concerns would be lessened of they cast someone like Adam Baldwin. Since I’m not a Dr. Who or Torchwood fan, this news does nothing for me.

• Alan says:

the cw seems to be trying to change their demographic from what ive seen lately with the style and tone of this show and the fact that nikita is still on the air. it seems to me that they have finally realised that if they broadened their appeal they might be more successful. anyway i think this is definately aimed at the supernatural crowd because im a diehard fan and this has interested me, also theres the fact that they are pairing the two on the same night which is usually an indication of what a show will be like

• Drew says:

I think the thing that concerned me first was his having a sister and mother in the picture, and the way they were described sounded very Gossip Girl to me. From that point on, I’ve been nervous about the show.
        But if they do pull it together and produce a well written show that appeals to the Supernatural base, I’ll be a happy camper. I can’t say much for Nikita, since I couldn’t stick with the show, but the CW is in serious need of variety.

• Temperence says:

Arrow isn’t going to have a ‘soft’ thing about it – it’s dark and it’s pretty hardcore.

19. Jess says:

ugh now i have to watch this crap show. they were a smart bunch to cast JB!

20. Mel says:

Seems like a great casting choice! We’ll see how it transcends on screen! Looking forward to it!

21. Ohleesa says:

I am so excited by this news. I adored John B on Doctor Who and Torchwood. Arrow looks better all the time.

22. Caitlin says:

oh my god. this new has made my day. huge captain jack fan.

23. Jennifer says:

Now I’m gonna HAVE to watch Arrow!

24. Kevin H. says:

Awesome! Love me some John Barrowman and I’m thrilled to see him on American TV. I hope he’ll still have time to return to Doctor Who for the 50th Anniversary specials.

25. Christian says:

Why Barrowman? Why!? I love you so, but I’m not sure if I love you enough to lift my personal ban on CW shows!

26. Barb says:

Nice to see Barrowman moving on. Torchwood is basically dead (the last series was beyond bad).

27. Brooke says:

Excellent news! Definitely a plus.

28. JP says:

Whoa! (And yes, I said that exact thing out loud, drawing stares, when I saw the headline) JB *and* Paul Blackthorne? Now I really have to watch this show!

29. tvdiva says:

The trailer for this show looks awesome. Adding John Barrowman is icing on the cake. This show is going to be one to watch.

30. Ncooke says:

i love TORCHWOOD and JOHN BARROWMAN, i want another Torchwood and im glad hes been cast in arrow, i hope hes a VILLIAN

• Telly says:

Another Torchwood isn’t likely to happen, not after the crappy fourth season. Starz ruined it! So at least that doesn’t appear to be hurting Barrowman’s chances at jobs.

31. Manie says:

I had seriously no interest at all in Arrow, but after the disaster that Torchwood was turned into, I will definitely watch Arrow just to see John Barrowman while hoping to see him once again in Doctor Who.

32. Samantha says:

Welp, now I’m definitely watching. I don’t care what the show’s about, you put John Barrowman on it and I’m tuning in.

33. Rachel says:

A thousands times happy.

34. Gilda says:

Now I’m definitely watching this!

35. maggie says:

Captain Jack! Now I’m actually going to have to watch this show.

36. If some one desires expert view about running a blog afterward i recommend him/her to pay a visit this weblog, Keep up the pleasant work.