Billy Dee Williams is coming to NCIS this fall as — Leroy Jethro?!
The Star Wars vet will appear in an October episode of the CBS procedural as the man Mark Harmon’s lead character — Leroy Jethro Gibbs — was named after, TV Guide Magazine reports.
Speaking with TVLine at the network’s summer press tour soiree, NCIS boss Gary Glasberg described Williams’ character as “someone who plays a significant role in relationship to Gibbs’ father.”
NCIS kicks off Season 10 on Sept. 25 at 8/7c.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Jodie Foster is stepping behind the camera at Showtime. Per Deadline, the big-screen star will direct and executive-produce Angie’s Body, a mob drama project centering on woman who runs a family-based crime syndicate. Rob Fresco (Touch, Heroes) will pen the project, while Community‘s Russ Krasnoff will also exec-produce.
• The Killing and Homeland alumna Marin Ireland has nabbed the female lead in AMC’s untitled pilot written by Richard LaGravenese (P.S. I Love You) and directed by Tony Goldwyn (Scandal). As reported by Deadline, the legal drama centers on a District Attorney who, upon discovering new evidence, begins reinvestigating a once-sensational murder case.
• The Glee kids are confirmed to get their Carly Rae Jepsen on in the Sept. 13 Season 4 premiere when they perform the pop starlet’s summer smash “Call Me Maybe,” per EW.com.
• Ringer creators Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder are developing a New Orleans-based Gothic thriller for NBC.
• VH1 is pulling Ev & Ocho from the schedule after Chad Johnson’s arrest for an alleged domestic violence dispute this weekend, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The reality series was slated to premiere on Sept. 3.
• TruTV has renewed its reality series Black Gold for a 10-episode fifth season.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?