Ronn Moss Addresses Shocking Bold and the Beautiful Exit: 'All Good Things End Eventually'

Suds vet Ron Moss has broken his silence about his shocking decision to leave CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful after just more than 25 years with the show.

In a statement posted to his Facebook page, the actor first thanked fans for their “support during this time and hopefully beyond.” As for what exactly beyond entails, Moss “can’t say anything yet, but soon will explain. Hang in there with me, we have a wonderful new journey ahead of us.”

Without any further explanation for his sudden B&B exit — which was reportedly due to salary issues — Moss offered condolences to longtime fans of his soap lothario, Ridge Forrester.

RELATED | Kelly Monaco on Juggling General Hospital With Dancing With the Stars: They’ll Have to Put Sam in a Coma!

“Try and not be sad, angry, disappointed,” he advised. “It’s been a great run and all good things end eventually. As this door closes, others are opening. I want you all to come with me through these new doors of opportunities and experience how cool it’s going to be.

“Have faith, be strong,” continued the actor. “Know I’m eternally yours.”

Moss, one of B&B‘s four remaining original players, is set to shoot his final scenes Tuesday, with his run slated to conclude sometime in September.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Commentary, Daytime TV

1. TV Gord says:

The same thing holds true of all bad things… ;-)

• Jeanette says:

He was Ridge Forrester and he played his part well. I don’t th
      ink they will find anyone to replace him
      his style was him and no one else can replace him period!

2. TMW says:

I’ll try and not be sad, angry, disappointed…BWWAAAAHAAAA…He was the WORST actor of all time on daytime soaps and that’s really saying something.

3. Richard says:

Can not wait too see him play Sam Morgans dad on GH.

4. LJ says:

*sob* one of the worst over-actors ever is gone! Well, until his “next chapter” fails miserably and he is brought back from the dead, has a long-lost twin, etc etc :)

5. Dennis says:

Maybe Moss can go to acting school now.

6. Mary Pomeroy says:

Hey I am a fan of Ronn Moss. Watched for years. He and Brooke will always be married. Wonder if they are going to replace or have him killed off?

• Nikki says:

I was wondering that myself. I don’t really watch these days but I know the show does often change actors for the same character. However given how iconic Ridge is, it’s hard to believe they’d be able to do it in his case. I’ll be interested to see what they decide to do.

• lipsticksocialism says:

I agree. I would prefer they not recast him (as much as I love Brooke x Ridge). It would just be super weird after all these years. I wish Ronn all the best. Maybe now Thorne will come out of the basement, lol

• Mo says:

If Thorne doesn’t come out of the basement now, Windsor (or whatever his name is) should be the next to leave! Seriously, is loooong overdue!

• Kimberly Lewis says:

Replace

7. Jess says:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

8. Leslye says:

He couldn’t be the next Bo Brady on DAYS, could he????

9. brenda haire says:

I hate too see ridge leave,but i hope they will replace him and not have him killed off.he is brooke,s anchor.i wish ronn best wishes&lots of luck.he will be missed.good luck and lots of love!

10. joey says:

Very sad to see Ronn go. How can their be a Bold And Beautiful without the central character, Ridge Forrester, who can only be portrayed by Ronn. I think it was more than salary issues that made him want to leave. I suspect he was sick of not having a storyline for months while Lame Spencer took over the show. That blundering fool will never hold a candle to the dashing, classy, talented and romantic Ridge Forrester. I honestly believe if B&B doesn’t lure Ronn back and refocus the show on where it belongs, B&B will be gone soon. I think Bill Bell would be disgusted if he knew how ridiculous this show is becoming, with no respect for the veterans. Lame is a clown and needs to join the circus, Ridge was the prince who made this show magical.

• I agree. Hope Ronn doesn’t listen to the ugly comments I’ve seen posted. He is THE most central character on the Bold and the Beautiful. They are very foolish to let him go. Ridge had a persona, a stature and presence that is all Ronn Moss. Didn’t realize until now how much Ridge was the reason I watched this show. Ronn’s last day will be my last day watching.

• sarah says:

I agree with you 100%, Ridge made beautiful. A huge fan of Ridge and Taylor, they made me to watch beautiful for 15 years. Ridge is very classy and romatic. tridge forever!!!!!

• tanya says:

I so agree the show has always been centered around Ridge and he cannot ever be replaced, ive been watching since it first started they need to just make him an offer he cant refuse to keep the fans happy!

• Trixie says:

You got this right…..Ridge is the prince of this show as Eric is the King……They really have to lay off the Liam thing….It is really getting toooooo old….Let him and Steffy get on with their lives…..Bring another younger Ronn Moss to intrigue the very Beautiful Hope!!!!! Please Mr. Bell Please get off the Liam wagon and get on with it

• CAT says:

AMEN! BUT I HATE STEPHANIE SHE IS SUCH A DUH! AND TAYLOR SUCKING UP TO ERIC–WHERE DOES THAT BIG LIPPED HUSSY GET OFF BEING SO PIOUS SHE IS FOLLOWING IN BROOKS FOOTSTEPS & CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK! SHE HAS SLEPT WITH HIS REAL SON WHICH BROOK HAD NOT UNTIL AFTER –SO WHO IS THE RIGHTEOUS SLUT NOW???

• Kimberly Lewis says:

I love the B&B but they should have kept As the World Turns on and axed The B&B..ijs

11. PMB says:

I too enjoyed Ridge ” Ron Moss”. I don’t see how you can let the main actor leave and expect the show to go on successfully!

12. Heida Lind says:

I totally agree with Joey’s comment. As much as Ridge has got on our nerves on the show, B&B is not the same without him. I don’t get why so many are glad he’s leaving, that only means Liam will be more on it if that’s even possible! Ridge may have been a tool sometimes but he’s a much more character than Liam who’s been there for what, 2 years, and already making everyone crazy? They should not recast him either, Ronn Moss IS Ridge, there is no other Ridge! They should not let him die either so there is a chance for him to come back and it will be believable! Besides that we will lose him, I can’t imagine what will happen to Brooke. Bridge fan or not, I think we can all agree that with Ridge completely gone there is not much future for her… Ridge is the love of her life, HE IS HER LIFE! I’m afraid this will be the beginning of the end. I hate to say it, but if they continue this lame triangle and Brooke without Ridge, that is no B&B!

And the people talking about his acting wow…. think you can do any better? ;)

• Lena says:

I don’t know if I could do better, but then again I don’t call myself an actor. I agree though, that the loss of his and Susan Flannery characters, AND.. The never ending cycle of Liam, Stef, and Hope is way over done. I know I won’t watch another 25 years of the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor repeating story line, in these younger people. Really sick of it. B&B has a huge cast, it would be nice to see some of them have a story line for once. Bringing, Thirne up would be great, plus I’d like to see he and Darlas daughter Allie(?) bet she’s middle aged by now :)

• You are so right the Liam,stuffy and hope saga has to end.Iknow it is just a soap opera BUT why are there only the same girls falling in love with the same men in the same family.?Weirdos …And this bit of Brooke falling for Spencer is ludicrous.If they go through with that storyline then Brooke really is a tramp..That should be taboo,because of her sister…otherwise this should be seen on Jerry Springer show yuck

13. Miriam De Lima says:

I’ll miss you, wish you the best

14. debbe says:

We have watched from day 1 and bold and the beautiful will not be the same with ron moss ridge forrester leaving there will be no replacement to hold a candle to ridge and Brookes romance. I am sad on ron leaving the show very sad

15. maryann says:

Ive been watchIng sInce day one. Its just a show get over it.

16. maryann says:

I’ve been watching since day 1, it’s just a show. People get over it already.

17. john says:

The writers have drug this Steffie-Liam-Hope thing out so long, tedioius and boring that I can understand why any of the veterans would leave with there being no end in sight. I agree that Ridge is Ridge and his acting methodology is what makes his character to interesting and engaging.

18. Kathey says:

So sorry to see you go Ronn. You were a beautiful young man and have grown more handsome and endearing as you mature. Dont listen to the negative comments about your acting ability. You are unique and have portrayed Ridge flawlessly. The chemistry between you and Brooke has kept me watching all these years. I have also watched from day one. The show will not last without Ridge. His love affair with Brooke was the reason I hung in all these years. Thankfully, I can fast-forward through the ridiculous storyline with Hope, Liam and Steffi. It’s insulting really for the writers to think that is entertainment? It’s boring and annoying. Maybe they believe they are writing for a younger audience? I have 3 kids from 14-25 and all have asked me why do I watch “that crap” when it’s the same story over and over….they are right..,,without Ridge and a good story line for the veterans. The show is doomed.

19. marcia says:

I’m devasated! I’ve watched this show from day one, and I dont want it to end . There’s no way this show can survive without Ron and Susan.

• marcia says:

I’m in love with Ron!

• CC CANADY says:

I SO TOTALLY AGREE!!! WITHOUT RIDGE AND STEPHANIE, THERE IS NO SHOW…I WATCHED YESTERDAY AS STEPHANIE DIED AND I JUST SAT THERE AND CRIED…I DO NOT WANT TO SEE B&B CANCELLED, BUT THAT IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THEY RUN OFF THE GOOD ACTORS AND THERE IS NO GOOD STORY LINE…OTHER SOAPS HAVE FALLEN INTO THE SAME TRAP AND NOW THEY ARE GONE…TODAYS SHOWS ARE GETTING GOOFIER AND GOOFIER….THEY DIDN’T KILL RIDGE OFF, SO MAYBE, AFTER RONN STRETCHES HIS WINGS, HE MAY COME BACK….BUT ONLY HE CAN PLAY RIDGE FORRESTER…

20. June says:

No Ridge, no show. He is so much of it. (The show) The Liam triangle was good at the start, but I have skipped many shows because it just made me sick, I mean it. I was so sick of that mess.

• Kathey says:

I agree with you June, No Ridge, no show…and no one else can play Ridge but Ronn Moss…I feel so sorry for KKL…As wonderful an actor as she is, there will never be anyone to come close to filling the void left by Ridge or Ronn. It truly broke my heart to see Brooke and Ridge say their vows to each other Thursday…clearly they were struggling emotionally. As much as they tried to stick to character their raw feelings overcame them and OMG…how incredible was that scene! Shame on the writers to make Friday such a lame show – it seemed to me they totally blew off wrapping it nicely to honor Ronn’s
      efforts and loyalty to the show all these years
      …not even a final scene with Stephanie or Eric. Really writers? There was more effort put into the ridiculous triangle with Hope, Liam and Steffy. It wld be a mistake to recast Ridge. I won’t watch anyone but Ronn in that roll. God bless you wonderful B&B cast – you are all wonderful. it has been an amazing 25 years.

• betty says:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH, GUESS HE TOLD YOU, IF YOU DON’T CARE, WHAT ARE YOU GIVING YOUR OPINION, ANYWAY, GO LAY DOWN SOMEWHERE, THIS DOESN’T CONCERN YOU,MARYANN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Latha says:

I am sorry that Ronn is leaving the show you are a great actor and the love story between you and Brooke kept me engaged God bless where you go. I pray you can work things out and stay and please don’t listen anyone who says you cannot act please mean and rude.

22. Judy says:

This show will not be the same. Bring back Nick
    Maroni then! This Liam triangle is really stupid anymore.

• CC CANADY says:

YEAH, BRING NICK BACK…AND THIS LIAM THING IS GETTING SICKENING…ALSO, THE DEAL WITH KATIE NOT WANTING ANYTHING TO DO WITH HER BABY IS SICKENING TOO.. SHE IS NOT EVEN PLAYING THE PART GOOD…SHE NEEDS TO GO, BUT SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE IS PREGNANT IN REAL LIFE, SO MAYBE SHE WILL BOW OUT GRACEFULLY….

23. Mona says:

PLEASE!!!!

Just recast the part! He was AVERAGE!! He character, on the other hand, is NEEDED!!!

24. Kathey says:

Clearly Mona, you are not a loyal fan of Ronn Moss. That is shortcYou are intitled to your opinion of course. However, how could you possibly be a fan of the show and say ” recast the character?” It doesn’t matter who Brad Bell recasts the character “Ridge” with, it is KKL who has to have the chemistry with the replacement  actor for “Brooke”.  And as much as I believe in KKL, even she cannot sell the fans on the ridiculous notion that she can have the same chemistry with another “Ridge”. It’s just not believable period.  KKL and RM breathed life into these characters for 25 years!  If Brad Bell thinks another actor is going to be able to step into this  iconic love story….get ready for a ratings crash. Ridge left with  Ronn.

25. Kathey says:

Clearly Mona, you are not a loyal fan of Ronn Moss. That is your misfortune and you are intitled to your opinion…I’ll leave it there. However, how could you possibly be a fan of the show and say ” recast the character?” It doesn’t matter who Brad Bell recasts the character “Ridge” with, it is KKL who has to have the chemistry with the replacement actor for “Brooke”.  And as much as I believe in KKL, even she cannot sell the fans on the ridiculous notion that she can have the same chemistry with another “Ridge”. It’s just not believable period.  KKL and RM breathed life into these characters for 25 years!  If Brad Bell thinks another actor is going to be able to step into this iconic love story….get ready for a ratings crash. Ridge left with Ronn.

26. Bebe says:

I’m super sad R

27. Bebe says:

28. Bebe says:

I’m super sad Ronn is leaving. The show won’t be the same. You need to keep the same original cast. To those negative Nancy’s out there, the show wouldn’t have lasted this long if it did not have an amazing cast. I think they need to rethink the salary issues and come to an agreement with him. During a time when soaps are fading they have been able to have staying power. You shake up the staff and the long story line that has lasted it could change your dynamics and staying powers. To those who like to get on sites and bash actors and people maybe you should learn kindness. If you don’t like the show or actors then don’t watch it and let us loyal fans continue to enjoy our show. Ronn you will be missed and it will lose its forever love story that we all have loved over the years. Great actor and nice looking man that who would think he is 60. Be happy and good luck in your future endeavors. Bold and the beautiful your loss and the dynamics will be gone. Wise up!

29. Ava Grigson says:

I am very sorry that Ron is leaving. Why doesn’t B&B have more of a storyline with all of the characters instead of just a few? I like Liam,but some of the characters never have a plot. Look at poor Thorn. Before his wife was killed, he was very interesting. Now he is rarely shown. What about Amber? When she was in the Young and Restless, I loved the part her character played. Where is Nick? What happened to Bridget?

30. Anabel says:

I’ve been watching b&b for years every arvo with my mum it’s huge here in Australia but i am so sad Ron Moss is leaving, he’s an awesome actor &the chemistry between Ridge &Brook is amazing it’s a wonder they’re not together in real life…..I agree with most i dont think he should be replaced that would seem too wierd &definately not killed off either incase he returns….i wish him all the best in wotever he’s planning on doing!! And yes the triangle with Liam is annoying now let him be with 1 or the other &move on….i think b&b will survive without Ridge but its gonna take alot of getting used to, the writers need to come up with new &exciting stories to keep the audience intrigued….love deacon being back &bill’s character…..i’ve heard steffy goes back to bill &that will be exciting again….Goodbye Ridge all the best!

31. Anabel says:

Dont u just hate it when people say “its just a show get over it!” or how bad an actor is or bag a show? What the hell were they looking for that brought them to this site??? Why take time out to post if u supposidly dont watch or like a show?? Fair dinkum!!

32. Angie says:

Love this show and have watched for years and years… so sad that Ridge is leaving. The show won’t be the same as no one can replace Ron Moss. He is/was fantastic! I still love B&B though and will continue to watch. Hoping to see more of Taylor though, I love Hunter!

33. It has always been a Ridge and Brooke and he will be missed but the show must go on. Instead of casting off like they did I wish it was done in another way but I guess thats what he wanted. He will be missed. Maybe later on I hope he changes his mind. I hope he chooses to return.

34. Tammy says:

Best wishes Ron wherever your next ventures takes you! I hope to see you one last time for Susan’s farewell episodes. B&B will be suffering losing two of the greats!!! Thanks for your years there and look forward to your next project!

35. Andrea says:

Ron Moss will be missed. He was a great actor and his character was very important in the show. I have watched from day 1 and I will continue to watch as long as the show airs. Those people with the negative points of view should stay off these sites. No one is interested in what you have to say. Leave these sites for fans of the show. Go spew your negativity on some other websites. I am sad, and disappointed that “Ridge” will no longer be “Ridge”.

36. Wm Bond says:

No one will fill out those bikini swim suits like Ronn Best to u big guy

37. Nicole Findlay says:

Sorry i posted the comment twice

38. Nicole Findlay says:

I am VERY DISAPPOINTED that RONN MOSS has left B&B! The show will not b the same without him. I have watched this show 4 many years here in AUSTRALIA. Just wondering how he is going 2 b written out of the show as he is still on here in AUSSIE?? Today is Tuesday, 29th October so we still have him on here 4 a few more weeks! Who can tell me how he is written out!!!

39. toronda says:

Im really going to miss ridge aka ron moss the show will never be the same without him or stephine please come back soon i have been watching from the begining. And its very said to say the show wont last long without certian key players writers please pay him or them what they want its hard out here they have to take care of there .and than they can take care of there loyal fans.

• RockO says:

While I can understand your COMMENTS, I also hear the folks who are saying maybe Ron should go get an ACTING LESSON. Don’t worry about Ridge. He probably saved a MILLION DOLLARS and is driving around in a Porsche and GETTING THE BAND back together MAN !

• Jeanie Stanley says:

I have watched B & B from day 1. Ron leaving the show is like Victor leaving Y & R. The show has lost focus. Get him back. Up his salary. I think it’s boring now. I’m losing interest. You can’t center 25 years around Brooke & Ridge and then lose Ridge. Susan Flannery leaving is bad enough. You can’t replace Ridge. The show won’t make it. The 4 originals were the glue holding it all together.

40. joanne kane says:

today stephanie left bb, i still have a sorethroat from crying, it seemed so real she was dying,she played her part great and made it seem so real,dont want to go thru that again,sad to see stephanie go, and brook’s sister is such a great actress, she makes me nervousbecause she acts and looks the part of a disturbed person and as far as ridge, he could of left the first day, all he had to learn was one line and he repeated that over and over to brooke each time the y got married 6 times i think, stiff legged,and showed no emotions ,and i watched from day one, i believe the show will flop since stephine left and all the sexy girls [brooke showing old age wrinkles, fat, bills wife fat and the other sister is a mess,heavy and just let herself go and the girl that was the prettiest had to much colagen she looks like hoody doody, i dont like saying all these mean things but that is how i see it.

41. LaToya says:

I don’t like the storyline about how he left (Brooke sending a simple text to Deacon). They could have come up with something better than that. I wish Ronn would change his mind and come back. Everyone is leaving. I do not want them to cancel this show but this program is not strong enough to last without Ridge and Stephanie. Liam needs to get his act together and be with Hope. I hate him with Steffie. Then, they need to move away from this story.

42. gail bryant says:

As far as the comments. That Joanne. Made if ridge’s. Character. Could have leftthe first day as. Far as u were concerned, then you should have left with him, that stupid ix wasdiotic. Statement. If he was that bad why did. She continue. To watch. Why is she on this site. Because. That show is not going to survive much longer, he must have been something. To have lasted 25 yrs, and loyal. Foollowers, I think it was more than one line he had to.learn,but she wouldn’t. Know. That being that was all she seemed. To have heard him say to the same old people, the. You must have had. Not much to do

43. Reis K. says:

Ridge was great! Maybe not the best actor, but great all the same.

44. Kimberlina says:

I don’t think Ronn was an amazing actor but he definitely had his own persona as Ridge Forrester. He is already missed. Brooke & Ridge’s romantic battle of ups downs ins & outs, happiness, sadness & final triumph kept us all watching for 25 years. Now that they could be a strong together couple of influence in the show, Ridge leaves! Shame on the show. This story line with Taylor feeling so walked all over for her whole family is a joke! Brooke was with Ridge first & she is always condemning Hope when her own daughter is a 2 time home wrecker in the same family both involved with Logan’s first! & her self righteous hypocrisy with judgement over Brooke while she too has had a relationship with 3 brothers & now with Eric! (Ridge, Nick & Thorne) it’s a joke. Last I checked she & her kids were the ones manipulating, lying & cheating. Thomas is adorable but he didn’t deserve the company. He got his shares based on a lie to hurt Brooke. Does Everyone forget she helped raise those kids! Ridiculous! Where is RJ anyhow?

• CAT says:

OMG! YOU SAID WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR A LONG TIME! TAYLOR YOU ARE A BIGGER WHORE THAN BROOKE & YOUR DAUGHTER IS A SLUT! STEPH CAN PRETEND TO BE ALL SWEET AN INJURED—DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER HER-LIKE A DEVIL WHISPERING IN LIAMS EAR-ALL THAT CRAP–TO MAKE HIM DOUBT HOPE IN THE 1ST PLACE–NOW WE ARE SUPPOSE TO FEEL SORRY FOR HER THAT SHE DEVELOPED REAL FEELINGS & GOT KNOCKED UP? LET’S BLOW UP ANOTHER TRAILER! YES?

45. Kimberlina says:

& Stephanie leaving was toooooo sad! I’m glad Susan is alive & well because her acting is incredible, it really felt like she died. Keep haunting the house! Taylor was no best friend!

46. Kimberly Lewis says:

I have always loved Ridge..but now it leaves Brooke to be a bigger tramp then she is and now his daughter Steffy has become a home wrecking trolup…u will be missed Ron aka Ridge

47. candy says:

soooooo tired of the liam steffy and hope combo

48. elizabeth brown says:

who wants a man who cant make up his mind between two women? I pray that Hope moves on.

49. teresa averett says:

Say what you may but say what is true. Brooke is an all over the place whore. This is a mature site so say it like you mean it,lol oops,wrong Station,lol. Yes, Taylor has been low down but please take in account how many Men and all of those sisters have slept w/the same man except for katie and eric. Two daughters Do their mother’s lover?
    Brooke is a nasty Wowmen. I spelled it correctly. She wanted bill and had him but then steffy just flirted and she talked about her badly. So, bring steffy nací grown up, well dressed and with her daddy’s company shares then take Bill from whimpy katie,get pregnant and run spencer company with her man.