Fall TV Preview

Revenge Exclusive: Meet Declan's New [Spoiler]

Revenge is giving Declan (Connor Paolo) a problem that doesn’t involve his train wreck of an ex!

RELATED | Revenge Season 2 Spoiler Alert — Emily Gets a Blast From the Past!

Relative newcomer Michael Nardelli (CSI: NY, The Client List) has been cast in the recurring role of Trey, a preppy misfit who befriends Jack’s younger bro and then proceeds to get him in a world of trouble, TVLine has learned exclusively.

At the end of Season 1, Declan rebuffed on-again, off-again sweetheart Charlotte, sending the pill-popping basket case on a potentially deadly bender.

RELATED | Look Who’s Playing Nolan’s New Revenge Love Interest!

Revenge‘s second season premieres Sunday, Sept. 30.

Comments (23)

• I saw the headline and my heart sank. Because if Declan is getting a new ANYTHING, that means he’s still on the show. And I’ve been hoping that maybe they’d can him. Stupid character played by a bad actor. Yuck. Go away.

Comment by meem – August 13, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this means that they are going to turn Declan Gay.

Comment by skillman – August 13, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where can I “like” this comment?

Comment by martina – August 14, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just wish that this new arc for him would make him at least a bit likeable. Declan is my most hated character in the show. Very annoying.

Comment by Mark Pempengco (@MarkPempengco) – August 13, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a storyline from Gossip Girl

Comment by ggny – August 13, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, get rid of him and Charlotte. They seriously detract from the show – I really don’t see the point of their characters…

Comment by Jay – August 13, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, i think that charlotte might end up dead leading Declan to go on this new bender. I enjoy the change of pace that Declan-them’s storyline presents because otherwise it becomes too soap opera like and over the top

Comment by Theo – August 13, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That guy looks pretty old, but it could just be a bad picture…

I don’t enjoy anything with Declan and his horrible acting, bad accent and v-necks…so I’m not excited.

Comment by Josh – August 13, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ummmm….I live in Boston. He sounds no different than most of the guys I’m surrounded by. Just sayin…you might not like it, but I think it’s wicked accurate. ;)

Comment by Mo – August 13, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, the problem is that this show takes place in New York – on Long Island, where the accents are much different than Boston.

Aside from Declan’s horrible accent, my other problem is that this skinny, wimpy runt is supposed to be some sort of tough guy when, in reality, the baby from Modern Family could kick his ass.

Comment by Miffy – August 13, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t know where you get “tough guy” from–that isn’t how the show has portrayed the character at all. I don’t get all the criticism of the actor, either. I haven’t particularly noticed him doing an accent–not saying he’s right or wrong, just that I don’t find it distracting. The storyline is less compelling than others on the show, but Conner Paolo doesn’t bother me a bit.

Comment by CJ – August 14, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The problem is that it’s a BAD accent. You can tell it’s fake, and since his brother on the show doesn’t have a touch of an accent, why would Declan have one? They should tell him to drop it, because he CANNOT pull it off.

Comment by Mikael – August 15, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Declan should have been eaten by a shark by the end of last season. Awful character.

Comment by TMW – August 13, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everybody seems to hate Declan and Charlotte, but aren’t they supposed to be annoying? their teenagers after all.
    I don’t really care about Declan too much at the moment, but since ***SPOILER ALERT!*** [Charlotte's Emily's half sister] it’ll be interesting to see their (currently distant) relationship eventually develop into a partnership to take down the Graysons together once Charlotte finds out the truth.

Comment by zan – August 13, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are ways to have teenagers on a show without them being horrible.

Comment by Lisa – August 13, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show — wish it got Emmy love. the entire season of revenge will be on dvd on August 21st

Comment by sam – August 13, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But sadly not blu-ray! Stupid ABC!

Comment by Mikael – August 15, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i mean if anything is holding the show back its declan and charlotte, one of them should just die.

Comment by aciel – August 13, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually don’t mind Declan + Charlotte. All the characters on the show are pretty annoying (except Sammy), but that’s why we love them right.
    I think Charlotte has more potential than Declan and I’m interested in seeing more of her and Emily together.

Comment by itsme – August 13, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh la la

Comment by Kim Last – August 15, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily makes the show ….. You root for the underdog ….boo the bad guy and are shocked when they ate reversed … That I’d what makes it great tv watching!…. An soooo ready for next season.

Comment by Karen – August 17, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Victoria is not dead. I’m thinking she may hide out for a while because Conrad and friends want her gone. She’ll hopefully turn up because she’s such a great actress. I don’t have a problem with Declan, he is there in the beginning of it al. Love this show!

Comment by Donna – August 18, 2012 03:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • declan ain’t too bad on revenge. try watching connor in earlier seasons of gossip girl. i think revenge has made him less annoying than the character he played in GG. as far as his accent goes i thought he was speaking in the same accent he had in GG. hope he stays for another season or two more,

i personally find ashley and charlotte annoying so hope they disappear.

Comment by Kєssa.H 'Kєssuki' (@iAmKessa24) – September 5, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post