Fall TV Preview

Hot Promos: Parenthood Season 4 (Break-Up Ahead!), Ryan Murphy's Normal New Comedy

NBC, during its Friday-night coverage of the Olympics, served up an extended preview of The New Normal, its new comedy co-created by Ryan Murphy (Glee), as well as teased the coming season of Parenthood.

Parenthood Season 4 (premiering Sept. 11), as previously scooped and seen in the promo below, will break up a pair of sweethearts and introduce Ray Romano as a potential romantic interest for Sarah.

Leading into Parenthood‘s season opener, The New Normal stars Andrew Rannells (Book of Mormon) and Justin Bartha (The Hangover) as a gay couple who enlist single mom Goldie (played by Georgia King) to be a surrogate mother for them. Ellen Barkin and NeNe Leakes, meanwhile, steal scenes as Goldie’s Archie Bunker-like grandmother and the guys’ assistant, respectively.

Comments (28)

• oh my gosh I am so looking forward to season 4 of Parenthood

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – August 11, 2012 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You took the words right out of my keyboard! :-)

Comment by TV Gord – August 11, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes!!!!!!! btw does anyone know what song is playing in parenthood???

Comment by Kate – August 11, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • song is called “it’s time” by imagine dragons

Comment by Anna – August 11, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • thanks!!! love it!!

Comment by Kate – August 11, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can already tell the daughter is going to be the best part of The New Normal.

Comment by dude – August 11, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was JUST about to write the same thing! :)

Comment by SJ – August 11, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I remember her from an episode of 30 Rock. Great kid actor.

Comment by big cheddar – August 11, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to the NEW NORMAL..cant wait for the premiere.

Comment by Jared – August 11, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Parenthood BUT I can’t stand Ray Romano. Not looking forward to him at all.

Comment by Whatever – August 11, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Neither am I. I hate every single one of his shows, and I think he’s just so pretentious. I really dislike his job. Plus, I love Sarah and Mark together.

Comment by May – August 11, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me either. Ray Romano seems like such an odd addition to this show, and especially with Sarah.

Comment by Jenny – August 11, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone tell me what the promos for Parenthood showed? I’m a poor Canadian who isn’t allowed to see them.

Comment by Ally – August 11, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Basically: A breakup for Sarah’s son. An engagement for Sarah (but no ring… yet). AND Mark telling Zeke that he’s proud to be part of the family :)

Comment by Chris – August 11, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m in Canada and it played for me.

Comment by TV Gord – August 12, 2012 03:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It played for this “poor” Canadian too :)
        And I’m so glad because all I have to see is Lauren Graham’s smile and my day is complete!

Comment by davey – August 12, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL as it turned out, the new version of FireFox I updated on my phone is the culprit. Finally switched browsers and now it works.

Comment by Ally – August 12, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEW NORMAL it’s gonna be so new so fresh something that will be great tuning into for weeks to come!

Comment by Dean – August 11, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Ray!! So excited

Comment by Mike D – August 11, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get Ray Romano at all for a romantic interest for Sarah. Frankly, it turns me off. The way they last two episodes of Parenthood ended last Feb. It seemed like a finale to me.

Looking forward to watch ing. The New Normal

Comment by Ruth – August 11, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm…I was worried about Ray Ramano on Parenthood (seems like a mismatch), but it looks like it might just work!

And, I want to not like The New Normal, because it just seems to cliche and cutesy, but I like it. I’ll definitely check it out.

Comment by lara – August 11, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to The New Normal. Modern Family and the Middle are my two favorite shows on TV (I also love Last Man Standing, Raising Hope, and Suburgatory), and this fits right in with them. The name’s really catchy too.

Comment by nick1372 – August 11, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excuse me while I go into a corner and jump up and down and squeal in excitement and then die because SARAH SAYS YES! And I’m not looking forward to Ray Romano. He better be joking with that advice he gives because I’m not liking him for giving it (I know teenagers do it all the time but I thought Drew was smarter than to sleep around).

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – August 11, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a fan of the Ray Romano on Parenthood idea either. It makes it easier to root for my favorite pairing of Mark & Sarah though. I always loved Sarah with Seth too! Make the Romano arc short and bring Corbett back!

Comment by Lauren – August 11, 2012 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The New Normal looks sooo funny. Can’t wait for this new show.

Comment by Chris (@wolsi86) – August 12, 2012 02:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to seeing The New Normal, and I’m hoping that it does well. It looks like a good show. Andre Rannells was absolutely fabulous in Book of Mormon, and Justin Bartha was great in the Hangover movies. When I found out that Rannells is from Omaha, it made me happy as someone else from Nebraska. I love seeing people from my home state live their dreams!

Comment by KSH – August 12, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, but I don’t believe Parenthood needs Ray Romano, he’s too obnoxious for my taste.

Comment by David Wilke – August 22, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone know what the song is that plays in the 30sec promo clip lyrics sound like when it all goes passing by.

Comment by Jay – October 29, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post