Hot Promos: Parenthood Season 4 (Break-Up Ahead!), Ryan Murphy's Normal New Comedy

NBC, during its Friday-night coverage of the Olympics, served up an extended preview of The New Normal, its new comedy co-created by Ryan Murphy (Glee), as well as teased the coming season of Parenthood.

Parenthood Season 4 (premiering Sept. 11), as previously scooped and seen in the promo below, will break up a pair of sweethearts and introduce Ray Romano as a potential romantic interest for Sarah.

Leading into Parenthood‘s season opener, The New Normal stars Andrew Rannells (Book of Mormon) and Justin Bartha (The Hangover) as a gay couple who enlist single mom Goldie (played by Georgia King) to be a surrogate mother for them. Ellen Barkin and NeNe Leakes, meanwhile, steal scenes as Goldie’s Archie Bunker-like grandmother and the guys’ assistant, respectively.

1. oh my gosh I am so looking forward to season 4 of Parenthood

2. Kate says:

yes!!!!!!! btw does anyone know what song is playing in parenthood???

3. dude says:

I can already tell the daughter is going to be the best part of The New Normal.

4. Jared says:

Looking forward to the NEW NORMAL..cant wait for the premiere.

5. Whatever says:

Love Parenthood BUT I can’t stand Ray Romano. Not looking forward to him at all.

• May says:

Neither am I. I hate every single one of his shows, and I think he’s just so pretentious. I really dislike his job. Plus, I love Sarah and Mark together.

6. Jenny says:

Me either. Ray Romano seems like such an odd addition to this show, and especially with Sarah.

7. Ally says:

Can someone tell me what the promos for Parenthood showed? I’m a poor Canadian who isn’t allowed to see them.

• Chris says:

Basically: A breakup for Sarah’s son. An engagement for Sarah (but no ring… yet). AND Mark telling Zeke that he’s proud to be part of the family :)

• TV Gord says:

I’m in Canada and it played for me.

• davey says:

It played for this “poor” Canadian too :)
        And I’m so glad because all I have to see is Lauren Graham’s smile and my day is complete!

• Ally says:

LOL as it turned out, the new version of FireFox I updated on my phone is the culprit. Finally switched browsers and now it works.

8. Dean says:

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEW NORMAL it’s gonna be so new so fresh something that will be great tuning into for weeks to come!

9. Mike D says:

Yay for Ray!! So excited

10. Ruth says:

I don’t get Ray Romano at all for a romantic interest for Sarah. Frankly, it turns me off. The way they last two episodes of Parenthood ended last Feb. It seemed like a finale to me.

Looking forward to watch ing. The New Normal

11. lara says:

Hmmm…I was worried about Ray Ramano on Parenthood (seems like a mismatch), but it looks like it might just work!

And, I want to not like The New Normal, because it just seems to cliche and cutesy, but I like it. I’ll definitely check it out.

12. nick1372 says:

I’m really looking forward to The New Normal. Modern Family and the Middle are my two favorite shows on TV (I also love Last Man Standing, Raising Hope, and Suburgatory), and this fits right in with them. The name’s really catchy too.

13. Excuse me while I go into a corner and jump up and down and squeal in excitement and then die because SARAH SAYS YES! And I’m not looking forward to Ray Romano. He better be joking with that advice he gives because I’m not liking him for giving it (I know teenagers do it all the time but I thought Drew was smarter than to sleep around).

14. Lauren says:

Not a fan of the Ray Romano on Parenthood idea either. It makes it easier to root for my favorite pairing of Mark & Sarah though. I always loved Sarah with Seth too! Make the Romano arc short and bring Corbett back!

15. The New Normal looks sooo funny. Can’t wait for this new show.

16. KSH says:

I’m really looking forward to seeing The New Normal, and I’m hoping that it does well. It looks like a good show. Andre Rannells was absolutely fabulous in Book of Mormon, and Justin Bartha was great in the Hangover movies. When I found out that Rannells is from Omaha, it made me happy as someone else from Nebraska. I love seeing people from my home state live their dreams!

17. David Wilke says:

Sorry, but I don’t believe Parenthood needs Ray Romano, he’s too obnoxious for my taste.

18. Jay says:

Anyone know what the song is that plays in the 30sec promo clip lyrics sound like when it all goes passing by.