First Look: Revenge Season 2 Key Art Will Have You Seeing Red

What message are we to glean from the Season 2 promo poster for Revenge? There will be blood, perhaps? So much blood that it produces a red sky at morning?

RELATED | Revenge Spoiler — Meet Nolan’s New Love Interest

The image itself is very much like the one used to pimp the show’s freshman year: Emily/Amanda (Emily VanCamp) modeling a gown of thorns on a Hamptons beach. She’s even pointed in more or less the same direction as last time (so presumably “Her Next Move” will not be a U-turn that involves forgiving and/or forgetting).

Maybe, because this time Curlylocks has turned her back to us, it’s a signal that, whereas before she tried not to hurt any innocent bystanders, now anything goes? She’s turned her back on her conscience to fight dirty (the Graysons) with dirty (her own mad skills, minus pesky pangs of guilt).

RELATED | Revenge Exclusive — Meet Emily’s Mystery Man

Your astute analyses and wild speculation in the comments below, please. And remember: Revenge‘s sophomore season kicks off Sept. 30 on ABC.

Revenge Season 2

1. John says:

I think they were probably just too lazy to come up with a new concept for the promo…

• AliKat says:

let’s be honest, the show stands for itself, why bother spending too much time on promotion?

• aciel says:

the show doesn’t stand for itself but however i do agree with you on one thing why spend much time on promotion, and the amount of promotion this show gets could turn a lot of its fans of. i hope that they could promote it less next season.

2. Daniela says:

Looks STUNNING. And fits with the S1 promo art. I like it!

3. George says:

she’s gorgeous…

4. Sasha Jones says:

Looks like she is wearing the Westeros Iron Throne as a dress – perhaps a subtle nod to the blood and power struggle ahead..lol

5. Bear75 says:

Cleverly fits with the s1 concept. Plus, it’s extemely plausable that I have read waaaay too much into it… but from Emily/Amanda’s point of view, I thought it was a kind of “I may have shifted my focus a little to Jack and my back may be turned… but never underestimate me!” I did warn you my imagination was overactive… :D x

6. martina says:

Really? Zero creativity. It probably was a shot they re-used from the first season photoshoot!

• jlhabitan says:

Actually, Emily vanCamp herself clarified that she was not at all in that picture save for her face (I think I read it straight from her 2011 interview here in TVLine). She said her “body” was totally altered to look longer and her face was taken from another photoshoot,

7. Robb says:

Maybe she’s peeved that the powers-that-be moved her to Sundays against Alicia Florrick!

8. Jake says:

Loved if, looks amazing! They really need to promote Sundays– wish they had repeated the entire season over the summer.

Oh and too much analysis! We all know that this show will have our jaw dropping each and every episode

9. DenverDean says:

ITA – It’s lazy and the “next move” is more tied to “Sunday” than the storyline. Hopefully, the show doesn’t become a typical ABC show and turn into a convoluted mess after early success.

10. What is the saying, Red at night Sailors Delight. Red in Morning, Sailors take warning. I mean perhaps the sky is a representation of this. They are on “the beach”

11. Becky says:

Although I like it enough, it is too similar to the first one. Wish they had gone with something different like good Emily/bad Emily superimposed over each other or something. I think they need to ramp up the fact that they have moved this show to Sundays.

12. SoFla says:

Sailors take warning …. how does that apply towards Jack?

13. msgdr says:

Like the saying says….Red sky at night sailors delight…Red sky in morning sailors warning…meaning harsh storms are coming….take that as you will when referring to Ems and Revenge

14. heyloooo says:

YAY! Revenge premiers on my birthday! I’m so excited for the new season especially because of th way they ended season 1!

15. Erica says:

Boring!

16. Gerald says:

Extremely lazy and boring. Not only is it very similar to the one from S1, but it looks too photoshopped (almost like those CW ads) and fan made.

17. Carol says:

Things from season 1 I don’t understand.Ems and Faux-amanda see each other in Jacks pub and the first thing Faux-amanda does is throw her arms around Ems and tells her how much she’s missed her.The last time they met didn’t Faux-amanda have a gun pointed at Ems.Fast forgiving type.If either of these girls marry using their wrong names how could that marriage be legal.

18. Stacyh says:

She looks far less innocent than she did in the season 1 shots. Can’t wait for this show to start!!

19. 0rZ1 says:

723256 417559I truly appreciate this post. Ive been seeking all more than for this! Thank goodness I identified it on Bing. Youve produced my day! Thank you once again.. 899880