Fall TV Preview

First Look: Revenge Season 2 Key Art Will Have You Seeing Red

What message are we to glean from the Season 2 promo poster for Revenge? There will be blood, perhaps? So much blood that it produces a red sky at morning?

RELATED | Revenge Spoiler — Meet Nolan’s New Love Interest

The image itself is very much like the one used to pimp the show’s freshman year: Emily/Amanda (Emily VanCamp) modeling a gown of thorns on a Hamptons beach. She’s even pointed in more or less the same direction as last time (so presumably “Her Next Move” will not be a U-turn that involves forgiving and/or forgetting).

Maybe, because this time Curlylocks has turned her back to us, it’s a signal that, whereas before she tried not to hurt any innocent bystanders, now anything goes? She’s turned her back on her conscience to fight dirty (the Graysons) with dirty (her own mad skills, minus pesky pangs of guilt).

RELATED | Revenge Exclusive — Meet Emily’s Mystery Man

Your astute analyses and wild speculation in the comments below, please. And remember: Revenge‘s sophomore season kicks off Sept. 30 on ABC.

Revenge Season 2

Tags: ,

Comments (27)

• I think they were probably just too lazy to come up with a new concept for the promo…

Comment by John – August 10, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • let’s be honest, the show stands for itself, why bother spending too much time on promotion?

Comment by AliKat – August 10, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the show doesn’t stand for itself but however i do agree with you on one thing why spend much time on promotion, and the amount of promotion this show gets could turn a lot of its fans of. i hope that they could promote it less next season.

Comment by aciel – August 11, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks STUNNING. And fits with the S1 promo art. I like it!

Comment by Daniela – August 10, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she’s gorgeous…

Comment by George – August 10, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like she is wearing the Westeros Iron Throne as a dress – perhaps a subtle nod to the blood and power struggle ahead..lol

Comment by Sasha Jones – August 10, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love it, I agree LOL!

Comment by TaraMisu – August 10, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cleverly fits with the s1 concept. Plus, it’s extemely plausable that I have read waaaay too much into it… but from Emily/Amanda’s point of view, I thought it was a kind of “I may have shifted my focus a little to Jack and my back may be turned… but never underestimate me!” I did warn you my imagination was overactive… :D x

Comment by Bear75 – August 10, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? Zero creativity. It probably was a shot they re-used from the first season photoshoot!

Comment by martina – August 10, 2012 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Emily vanCamp herself clarified that she was not at all in that picture save for her face (I think I read it straight from her 2011 interview here in TVLine). She said her “body” was totally altered to look longer and her face was taken from another photoshoot,

Comment by jlhabitan – August 10, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Correct, the Season 1 key art was built of a BROTHERS & SISTERS beauty shot.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 10, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe she’s peeved that the powers-that-be moved her to Sundays against Alicia Florrick!

Comment by Robb – August 10, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved if, looks amazing! They really need to promote Sundays– wish they had repeated the entire season over the summer.

Oh and too much analysis! We all know that this show will have our jaw dropping each and every episode

Comment by Jake – August 10, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ITA – It’s lazy and the “next move” is more tied to “Sunday” than the storyline. Hopefully, the show doesn’t become a typical ABC show and turn into a convoluted mess after early success.

Comment by DenverDean – August 10, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is the saying, Red at night Sailors Delight. Red in Morning, Sailors take warning. I mean perhaps the sky is a representation of this. They are on “the beach”

Comment by Jon Rybka-Wachhaus – August 10, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I like it enough, it is too similar to the first one. Wish they had gone with something different like good Emily/bad Emily superimposed over each other or something. I think they need to ramp up the fact that they have moved this show to Sundays.

Comment by Becky – August 10, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sailors take warning …. how does that apply towards Jack?

Comment by SoFla – August 10, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is exactly what I was thinking… Red sky in the morning Sailors take warning…

Comment by gabby – August 10, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like the saying says….Red sky at night sailors delight…Red sky in morning sailors warning…meaning harsh storms are coming….take that as you will when referring to Ems and Revenge

Comment by msgdr – August 10, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Revenge premiers on my birthday! I’m so excited for the new season especially because of th way they ended season 1!

Comment by heyloooo – August 10, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boring!

Comment by Erica – August 10, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SHUT UP, BITCH

Comment by iou – August 10, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chill out, asshole.

Comment by tripoli – August 10, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Extremely lazy and boring. Not only is it very similar to the one from S1, but it looks too photoshopped (almost like those CW ads) and fan made.

Comment by Gerald – August 10, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Things from season 1 I don’t understand.Ems and Faux-amanda see each other in Jacks pub and the first thing Faux-amanda does is throw her arms around Ems and tells her how much she’s missed her.The last time they met didn’t Faux-amanda have a gun pointed at Ems.Fast forgiving type.If either of these girls marry using their wrong names how could that marriage be legal.

Comment by Carol – August 12, 2012 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks far less innocent than she did in the season 1 shots. Can’t wait for this show to start!!

Comment by Stacyh – August 12, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 723256 417559I truly appreciate this post. Ive been seeking all more than for this! Thank goodness I identified it on Bing. Youve produced my day! Thank you once again.. 899880

Comment by 0rZ1 – October 12, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post