Ratings: Rookie Blue Ties Season High, the Olympics Cool and Dallas Ends With a Bang

The Olympic torch was tempered some this Thursday night, as the London Games averaged “just” 22.4 million total viewers while scoring a 6.8 demo rating, per fast nationals. Week-to-week, that marks a drop of some 40 percent, and a low for 2012’s summer spectacle.

That said, London through its first 14 nights is up 12 percent in total audience and 5 percent in the demo versus Beijing 2008.

RELATED | Olympics Watch: What Was Your Favorite Moment From London 2012, Day 13?

Elsewhere on Thursday, ABC’s Wipeout made a splash with 4.8 mil and a 1.7, surging 26 and 21 percent, while Rookie Blue (5 mil/1.5) dropped a few viewers from its last fresh eppy but matched its best demo number since June 23 of last summer — despite facing off against the Olympics and pre-season football. CBS‘ Big Brother (6.2 mil/2.1) was up 14 percent and a tenth.

RELATED | Dallas Star Dishes on Finale’s Big Reveal: ‘I Get to Play a Whole Different Character!’

In other ratings news, the Season 1 finale of TNT’s Dallas lassoed 4.3 million total viewers and drew a 1.3 demo rating, up 32 and 58 percent week-to-week. Season 2 arrives in January 2013.

1. Jen says:

Good for Dallas especially considering it was going up against the Olympics! The finale was fantastic and definitely a good lead-in for when it comes back in January.

2. Lady E says:

Not surprised Rookie Blue dipped a bit – it didn’t air until 2AM here in New England because of the Patriots pre-season game. Have it on the DVR and will be watching tonight!

3. Lauren says:

Rookie blue was crazy last night! There is a lot of fans reacting to what happened on the episode, despite some of them being upset, I’m sure they’ll be watching next week.

4. christa says:

where is the rookie blue recap !! so much happened!!!

5. Shaun says:

I gave up on Dallas because it’s not as good as Revenge.Rookie Blue was a great episode though.

• MaryAnn says:

Revenge has characters that feel real, regardless of the outrageous plot lines they find themselves in. Rebecca’s character, looking at the season as a whole, is just not believable. We would have seen some clues as to where the character was going if the part had been acted (or written) realistically. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. JR is so outrageous everyone accepts the lack of reality the same way the supervillains are accepted in superhero movies. And the two characters who have now reverted into being “just like daddy” are just too over the top. In my opinion, this is what makes Revenge superior to Dallas no matter where the plot lines might lead.

6. Kristen says:

Rookie Blue was beyond amazing Thursday night… I cried, and cried, and just when I thought I had no tears left… I cried. I cannot wait until next week!!! Oh, and I can’t say I’m sad Luke is back looking as gorgeous as he does.