Exclusive

Days of Our Lives Exclusive, Explosive First Look: Sami and EJ Rumble in the Rubble!

Days of Our Lives fans, your patience soon will be rewarded.

While those who love ABC or CBS soaps never have to take a long break in the middle of a good storyline, the Olympics paused the NBC sudser for weeks at a time this summer.

But the long-running daytime drama returns on Monday and, as you’ll see in this exclusive sneak peek, Days is more than rewarding its faithful followers for their patience.

RELATED | Exclusive: Eileen Davidson on Her ‘Heartwarming’ Days Return and Kristen’s Scenes With [Spoiler]

The episode kicks off an epic event that sends all of Salem reeling — and that blast we saw just before Days signed off a few weeks ago was just the beginning.

Hit PLAY on the video below to watch what happens to Sami and EJ after a huge explosion rocks the town. She wants him to flee to prove his innocence in Stefano’s death, but he wants to help those in need — and that’s just the beginning of the drama-packed week! Hit the comments with your predictions of who’ll weather the Daysaster just fine and whose world is about to be blown to bits!

RELATED | Kristian Alfonso Inks New Days of Our Lives Deal

Loading video...

1. Carmella says:

I’m so sad that Bo is leaving I really enjoy him and Hope….also I really hope Sammi gets with Austn they are so much better…Ian and Gabi are so annoying..and I don’t want Melanie to leave….

• lisa says:

I wish they would bring back Chloe, Belle and Shawn and Bells best friend, Meme and victor’s son…
      Bring back the old Billy her name is Christian something?( sorry I know I don’t have the spelling of her name right) She super gorgeous long brown hair she has been in a few movies… If your true Days fan you’ll know who I’m talking about.
      I can go on I have lots of ideas I have been watching this show since I was a baby with my grandmother! Thank god we have DVR’s these days’s!
      Hope ( princess Gina) should be pregnant by John Black keep Marlaina just throwing that 1 out there… It would make a great story line!

2. Annie Fann says:

I watch this clip and I see shades of the ultimate supercouple Luke and Laura in these two!! Have never been a faithful Days viewer in the past but in the weeks before the Olympics this pair reeled me in and I can’t wait to see what happens next!!

3. Lisa Anne Greenway says:

WOW!!This looks amazing!!!Im SO excited to see this show!!My fave part of course is EJAMI!!!James and Ali are fantastic!!!Best chemistry in daytime!!Or Primetime for that matter!!

4. zambonifan says:

I hate Ejammi.
    I like Ian.
    And I love Stephano…I can’t wait!

5. luckynik says:

After waiting 6 years for EJ and Sami to finally be written as an *actual* couple, this has me absolutely glued to my seat! LOVE the drama, the danger, the suspense, but most of all i LOVE seeing EJ and Sami interact. i love how James and Ali play off each other– there is nothing else like it on the show! Thank goodness TPTB finally capitalize on the magic they have instead of tying to substitute it with boring, below-par couples we’ve seen the last 3 years! I really can’t wait to watch what Days has in store for us!

GO EJAMI!!!!

6. NYN says:

MYSELF I WOULD LOVE TO SEE CHAD AND MELANIE STAY TOGETHER,JENNIFER BACK WITH DANIEL,SAMI AND RAFE,AUSTIE AND CARRIE STAY TOGETHER TOO.BO AND HOPE TOO.JOHN AND MARLENA,LET MADISON AND NICOLE GO AND FIND SOMEONE ELSE FOR BRADY.LET STEPHANO GO.A NEW LIOVE FOR KAYLA.ALSO SOMEONE ELSE FOR ABE.LET KATE GO TOO.FIND A NEW GIRL FOR WILL.NOT SONNY.LET ELVIS GO TO,DONT LIKE HIS WAYS.THATS ALL I WANT TO SAY FOR NOW AND CANT WAIT TILL MONDAYS SHOW.

7. Cory says:

Thanks for providing the video!!!!
    I’m soooooooooooooooooo ready for August 13/12!!!
    IMO, it’s about time the NBC/DOOL finally cash in on the gold mine they have in James Scott and Alison Sweeney.
    GO GO GO EJAMI!!!!!

8. KathyB says:

I hate that Bo is leaving…..I have loved Bo and Hope through the years. They just bring stability to the show. I do not like Sami with EJ! I actually prefer him with Nicole! I also want him to be Stephano’s son…….He is a Stephano JR!!!
    Was so excited for Jack to be back on the soap and sad that the writers did not give him a good storyline. I also wish they would give Roman a good storyline a new love interest.
    Can’t wait to see DOOL again.

• Kirk says:

Peter Reckell my come back after his daughter gets into her teens

• lucy says:

I hate Ej with Nicole, they are pathetic together and boring, he always take her back when he has nothing else or to get back at Sami..it is pathetic, moreover they have no chemistry and finally although i like Stefano, Ej is not Stefano jr he is Ej ! He is grey like Sami is.
      Jack is needed on this show ! They can get rid of other useless characters and unlike many others i quite like Ian, he makes a good villain (moreover Ian Buchanan who plays him is a great actor, he was great and charming on Twin Peaks of General Hospital as Duke), he could totally be Ej’s father and Stefano’s brother making Ej and Stefano still related.

9. monique says:

wow!!Thanks I am so excited for days and GO EJAMI!!!!!

10. angi says:

Love Ej and Sami. Great way to come back after the hiatus!!

11. just me says:

I’m disgusted by all the Ej and Sami stuff. I frankly sickened that Sami just used and abused Lucas. I hate the fact that she will go with her rapist and no I don’t have to get over it, I’ve been a loyal fan for a ton of years and I can think and feel as I wish. Will, hello, you are Lucas’s son! I am sick of Sami. Ej you have a wife and child to think about, dump Sami, she will only ruin u again! My mom has been watching Days since it was first on air practically and she hates what Sami has become. Call me a hater call me crazy folks probably will anyways but I don’t care. Lucas did nothing but be there for Sami. He gave up his life in Hong Kong bc he loved her so very much. Lucas deserves better then this and so does Nicole. Sami should not come out smelling like a rose here. I will never get past her shooting Ej in the head. Nothing spells love like rape and a shot in the head!

• lucy says:

And what about Ej trying to kill Nicole more than once, responsible of her mother’s murder, Nicole leting Ej mourn a child for nothing and trying to frame him for his father’s murder.. or Lucas puting Sami on death row among other awful things.. what a love really..lol; double standards for you just me…lucas can finally move on and Nicole is moving on with Daniel and could be happy with brady who always loved her unlike Ej ! Lucas and Nicole are not better than Ej and Sami, they are just more bitter and delusional about their relationships.

12. I truly hate and loathe Ej and Sami. Sami treated Lucas like utter crap. He so deserves better then this! Sami used and abused him. Sami gets whatever she deserves for helping her rapist and the man she shot in the head.

13. Thanks for posting this clip!! Love EJ and Sami and I can’t wait to see how this turns out – they’re the reason I keep watching DAYS :)

14. iM SORRY TO SEE PETER GO. i LIKE HIS CHARACTER, BEST OF LUCK TO HIM AND THE OTHER CAST MEMBERS WHO ARE LEAVING.

• Kathy says:

Peter is moving to his home in Portland, OR. where his wife and daughter live. He has been commuting and has missed out on too many of his daughters “first”.

15. Heather says:

I’m so excited Days is finally back on next week. What a cliffhanger!!
    Sami and EJ are two of my favorite characters so I’m really excited to see that they made it out of the “Daysaster” relatively unharmed. Now I’m on pins and needles to see where their relationship goes. Hopefully, they’ll finally be together!

16. Tina says:

Love EJ & Sami – they are the reason I started watching soaps again after a 10 year hiatus. They are THAT good.

17. Gail says:

Love the EJami scenes. Hope they will finally acknowledge to each other that they’re much better together than they are apart. I want to see,them given a real chance at happiness!

18. DANIELLE GALLIGANI says:

Love EJ and Sami. They are the couple that Days needs to focus on. James and Ali light up the screen together. Can’t wait for Monday’s show. Lucas who???

19. Kathy says:

I don’t want Marlena and John to leave or Victor and Maggie. we have to have some oldtimers on there. I hate that Bo is leaving, but they could easily replace him with plastic surgery if he got facial injuries in the explosions.All they need is someone who basically looks like him and they can train him to speak like him.(they brought in a new Shawn D. when the old one left and they totally looked different). Also Chad is a good actor and I hate to see him go just because Mel is leaving. Why is Melanie leaving? Kate has to stay the be the bad lady who dresses like the 50ish slut. Ian gone!!!!! Gabi gone or busted!!!! Anrew will get his. Carrie and Austin have been gone!!!!! They talk about Grandma Caroline, but I never see her, do you? And why isn’t Kayla a Doctor anymore? is it to do with the baby thing with Chloe, Daniel and Philip? I think something romantic willl eventually happen between Abe and Kayla. First as dear dear friends then turning into deeper feelings. I hope so. They both need eash other. Abbie and Cameron will become even closer over Jacks death Yay!!! Lucas loves Sami and Sami loves Lucas and EJ. She is just helping EJ out because he is the father of her children and she knows he is being set up. She believes him.

20. B.D. says:

EJ and Sami! Yessssss. Love them. I can’t wait for Days to return. The only thing I’m pissed about is them getting rid of Jack!

21. Brianna says:

I gotta say i think the show is taking a turn for some awesome show’s. And with the fact that we all haven’t been able to watch is going to make Monday even better and more enjoyable to watch. We are all probably thinking about Nicole and her baby, Daniel, and everyone in the hotel. but most of all I’m sure everyone is wondering what happened to everyone in the mine’s when the explosion went off. And let’s face it Madi is screwed the truth is going to come out sooner or latter and everyone is going to turn there back’s on her. I don’t blame them i can’t stand Madi. As for Mel i hope she make’s it she has been threw so much and now that she finally has a real family with Daniel and her grandma along with everyone else in town. She need’s a break from bad thing’s landing in her lap. I think Nicole will end up going into labor in the hotel and it will be close with getting her to the hospital in time that’s if she make’s it good chance Daniel will deliver… I can’t wait for Monday it’s going to be pretty awesome to find out what happened.

22. Dolly says:

Go Ejami says it all for me. Yes, the cliff hanger has been good.
    Please keep giving us more action, especially more James Scott and Alison Sweeney.

23. Christy says:

Finally, the powers that be realize they have struck gold with Ej & Sami! I’m so excited to see the upcoming Ejami scenes. To watch 2 people,with out of this world chemistry, is amazing. Thanks Sony/NBC for giving us viewers what we want: Ejami!

24. Paula says:

If a movie is made from the book “Fifty Shades of Grey” I really really really think they should get James Scott (EJ) to play the part of Christen Grey. While reading the book I can just see EJ playing his part. I vote for EJ all the way to play the man on Fifty Shades of Grey.

25. Lindsay says:

I have been watching Days since Marlena was posessed. I thought EJ was the son of the character that was Marlena’s twin in real life. She had an Elvis fetish, which is why EJ was named Elvis. Was that really Eileen Davidson? Does anybody else remember this? It was in thr late 90’s. Seems like her storyline started as she was a waitress…

I hate that Bo is leav

26. Lindsay says:

I hate that Bo is leaving. If they replace him I wonder if it will be with the one that played his part when Bo and Billie were married, when Hope was supposed to be dead. I hate when characters are replaced. The story lines have not been very good since the late 90’s in my opinion/early 2000’s in my opinion. Back then all the old characters had big stories and I couldn’t wait to find out what was happening with each of them. Now it is really being taken over by the younger kids and the stories aren’t that great. I also hate the whole Will gay thing. It just doesn’t fit…

EJ & Sami may as well get together.

I am curious to see how Kristin’s return to Salem plays out.

I was so hoping that Madison and Brady would live happily ever after…

Of course Stefano isn’t dead. Maybe he & Ian are working together to frame EJ. Ian is disgusting, the perfect character to hate!

Part of me e

This is the most exciting thing to happen in a while.

27. Janice Eddy says:

I used to watch Day as a child with my grandmother and then as a teen when I was not in schoo I would watch itl. Then when I got marry, I would watch it and when I was off from work. So what Im tryinig to say is just a few min. I could find out what has been happen were I left off. I like Bo and Hope when I was watch the they were a cute couple and still is.
    Leave Bo on. Yes some of the people are boring but that is life. Cant wait until Monday.

28. lisa says:

Sean Bell Mimi victor’s son and the old Billy! Hope ( when she was princess Gina) she got pregnant with John Black so Marlaina I would have to stay! Rafe could fall in love with that beautiful Billy that’s pretty to look at!

29. Sarah says:

I loooobe Ej andd Sami

30. Blair says:

Stefano never dies

31. dwayne says:

Why did you mention that jack is leaving dool not again this time .i want he stay and he is more interest and good being with jen,..madison one who will leave days of our lives since she’s boring cold “B”.. never been like her i would. Prefer nic’s sister (forgot her name, can’t think her name?) Come back and madison leave.

32. lauri says:

with Jack gone and (spoiler) Dan professing to Maggie that Nicole is not for him does that mean they will be bringing Dan and Jen back together?