Days of Our Lives Exclusive, Explosive First Look: Sami and EJ Rumble in the Rubble!

Days of Our Lives fans, your patience soon will be rewarded.

While those who love ABC or CBS soaps never have to take a long break in the middle of a good storyline, the Olympics paused the NBC sudser for weeks at a time this summer.

But the long-running daytime drama returns on Monday and, as you’ll see in this exclusive sneak peek, Days is more than rewarding its faithful followers for their patience.

RELATED | Exclusive: Eileen Davidson on Her ‘Heartwarming’ Days Return and Kristen’s Scenes With [Spoiler]

The episode kicks off an epic event that sends all of Salem reeling — and that blast we saw just before Days signed off a few weeks ago was just the beginning.

Hit PLAY on the video below to watch what happens to Sami and EJ after a huge explosion rocks the town. She wants him to flee to prove his innocence in Stefano’s death, but he wants to help those in need — and that’s just the beginning of the drama-packed week! Hit the comments with your predictions of who’ll weather the Daysaster just fine and whose world is about to be blown to bits!

RELATED | Kristian Alfonso Inks New Days of Our Lives Deal

Loading video...

Comments (221)

• I don’t think Stefano is dead.
    Ian leaves town shortly to never return
    Madison is leaving
    Bo is leaving
    Jack is leaving
    Carrie and Austin are leaving
    Melanie is leaving
    Kristin Davis is coming back/Susan Banks (EJ’s mother)
    Nick is returning
    I dunno I’m getting really sick of Gabi

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “T” is coming back too

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh yeah Eric Brady is coming back too

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who is “T”?

Comment by Josephine Rowe (@PipperJo) – August 10, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • isn’t that the homophobic one

Comment by Els – August 10, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah, he punches Sonny and makes Will have doubts

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 04:56 PM PDT
    • Dayscafe.com lol. Love spolliers :)

Comment by addam – August 10, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ian has Stefano, Madison dies, Gabi gets busted for her lies.

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 10, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never thought that St Instead of getting rid of the people that are loved on the show they should get rid of the people that are hated.

Comment by Nancy – August 11, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gabi has to pay and you know Stefano isn’t dead he’s immortal

Comment by Roberta Lee Morgan McLaurin – August 15, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes she does . I think Ian is holding Stephano somewhere and will be caught letting EJ off the hook.

Comment by Kay – August 15, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHAT!!! Why is BO leaving?

Comment by Jody – August 10, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The actor is moving his family to a simpler life – needs a break and wants to be around for his daughter’s life more. he’ll come back at some point in the future, once she becomes a teen and no longer wants her dad cramping her style :) lol

Comment by Aryn – August 10, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I can’t blame him for wanting to be around his daughter more, time flies and suddenly they’re gone and it’s too late.
          I wonder how they’re going to write him out or will he still be in town,, just not seen?

Comment by Scribbles – August 10, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They have re-cast Bo in the past… nothing stopping them from doing it again.

Comment by Peggy Martinez – August 10, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Wonder what Robert Kelker-Kelly is up to these days?

Comment by RJ – August 10, 2012 04:45 PM PDT
          • They are re-casting Bo

Comment by teri hurtt – August 10, 2012 04:56 PM PDT
          • I think thats a good idea.

Comment by Kay – August 12, 2012 06:23 PM PDT
      • what bo is the show thats not right

Comment by linda vaughn – August 10, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I dont want Bo to leave will he be comming back

Comment by Denise – August 10, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad Madison is gone. Too bad Ian didn’t go with her. I’m gonna cry for Bo but at least we still have EJ, Sami, Nichole, and countless others.

Comment by It'sjustme – August 10, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ian is going with her

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i knew stefano was not dead wish he was i dont like that Bo,Madison,and Melaine is leaveing you are takeing my family off the show I dont like that EJ and Samie might hook up

Comment by Melissa Holmes – August 10, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • who said stefano wasn’t dead???

I hope it is Roman the man can’t act .

Comment by Delores Wimmer – August 10, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh of course STEPHANO is not dead. remember the he NEVER dies

Comment by BArb – August 12, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ej and Sami NEED to hook up, it is time, this soap made everything to put them apart whereas they are meant to be together, they could be the most powerful couple on this soap if the writers write for them to be together : IT IS TIME !

Comment by lulu – August 11, 2012 02:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think that sami should not get together because he caused alot of grief between her and her family i think she should leave him alone and get with lucas because they are better for each other.

Comment by Kimberly – August 12, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m tired of her bed hopping. Just put her with someone and leave it that way.

Comment by Kay – August 12, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Totally agree with you. They are meant to be together.

Comment by KIM – August 16, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t neither Sami should be with Lucas they are so good together and he did come back when she needed him.

Comment by Nancy – August 11, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As in the past ” THe Phoenix” always rises from the dead. It’s has happened all the time. I think this is how they save money to help keep the show on the air.

Comment by Ang – August 11, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dont believe Stefano is dead also.
      I cant believe all of those people are leaving
      Is Eilene Davidson comming back as Susan or Kristin Davis. Not sure who Kristin Davis is. Wont be the same if it is not Eilene Davidson. She was Great!! Loved her as Susan.

Comment by William – August 10, 2012 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Eileen Davidson is coming back as Kristen/Susan

Comment by Kristine – August 12, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh nooooooooooo bo can’t be leaving he makes th show.

Comment by sandy richardson – August 11, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m sick of gabby too!

Comment by nina – August 11, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im getting sick of Gabby 2. Wish they would do something with her.

Comment by Frances Kuehn – August 11, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Instead of getting rid of Melanie they should get rid of Gabi. Melanie should be with Chad.

Comment by Nancy – August 11, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i dont want bo to leave,its better that stefano isnt around why are all these people going.plus why cant the other soaps go off like dool did.i hate when they interupt days.and who is EJ’s father anyways and is sami gonna get back together with rafe he does deserve somebody better i do like sami but now idk who is better for her.i am tired of what gabi is doing get a life chick.

Comment by Dolores tafoya – August 11, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been watching the soap going on ten years, I love Days!! I wonder if Belle and Shawn r ever coming back?? They left on the boat and haven’t been back of course with there little girl to.

Comment by Jessi – August 13, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • gabi is so annoying

Comment by taylor – August 18, 2012 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I had seen a video clip of Eilene Davidson being interviewed and she is coming back as Kristin. She better be back as Susan too. She was asked if she was going to be Susan also and she played off like she had no idea. I hope she does. I don’t think anyone else could play her but I could be wrong.

Comment by William – August 18, 2012 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I Kristen will reveal who EJ’s real father is.

Comment by Kay – August 19, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am sooooooooooo upset that Melanie left, she was one of the very best characters on the show.

Comment by Joyce Slakie – October 1, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is also rumor that a long time actor is leaving too no names were revealed but if I were a betting man I’d put my money on Roman

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t be surprised. He hasn’t had a storyline in years. Would hate to lose him though.

Comment by Bobbi – August 10, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • bring back the original roman played by wayne northrop

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree.

Comment by Ang – August 11, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no i like this roman .i think he’s hot .im glad they brought lucas.plus daniel,hes really hot i think him 7 nicole are great together.he’d make a great father even if the baby isnt his.and im tired of waiting for dool to come back ive missed it badly.hurry up monday. ive been a fan of dool since i was young enough to understand.what soap was.lol.

Comment by Dolores tafoya – August 11, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ve been saying this forever. Wayne Northrop rocks!!!!! and is so HOT!!!!!!

Comment by trebleclef – August 11, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. He has no life. They should have given him better storylines. What a waste of talent.

Comment by Kay – August 12, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Last time roman had a storyline, he was married to Kate.

Comment by JBsmooove – August 15, 2012 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY!!!!!!! Love EJ and Sami <3

Comment by lene – August 10, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I can’t wait to see what happens with them. I guess they have a kiss coming soon.

Comment by KM – August 10, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EJAMI is awesome and this episode rocks. No matter what anyone says, they can’t “unwrite” the fact that EJ risked his life to save Sami, and she was willing to die so that EJ could be with the kids. EJAMI is here!!!! Love it, and I will continue to watch.

Comment by DANIELLE GALLIGANI – August 10, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are the best !!!!!!

Comment by Diamond G – August 10, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yuck so sick of Sami and EJ, free Sami!!!

Comment by Lynn – August 10, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes I am sick of Sami and EJ too,,,she always needs the one she is not with,,,yuck,,,bad example for her kids, I know it is only a part but she is a good actress,,,

Comment by Cynthia – August 10, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, I really like EJ and Sami together, and I think they’ve made the show very entertaing the last couple of weeks.

Comment by KM – August 10, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ej and Sami are the main reason I watch.

The rest of the show has finally getting interesting, but before that it was only EJami that I tuned in for.

Comment by manburgerhelper – August 10, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree!

Comment by Penny – August 10, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • bad example for her kids ? Ej is the father of two of her kids ! They should be a family together.

Comment by Sam – August 11, 2012 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more! I hate them together so much I turn the channel when they are on at the same time.

Comment by Penny – August 10, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is the opposite for me ! I don’t watch when they are not together.

Comment by sara – August 11, 2012 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sami don’t wanna be freed. <3

Comment by manburgerhelper – August 10, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She doesn’t want to be freed??? Maybe she’s stuck on the red room of pain… If you know what I mean.

Comment by JBsmooove – August 15, 2012 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!!

Comment by Jean – August 10, 2012 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yuck, can’t stand EJ. I’ve been trying to get back into Days, but I’m still bummed that they keep firing veteran actors in favor of untalented newbies.

Comment by ABC – August 10, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 6 years of James Scott does not make him a “newbie”. Not when he’s been there day in and day out. Also, its about time that EJAMI get together with Sami finally(!) admitting she loves the guy so they can be a FAMILY together. Sheesh. Everyone else gets to have a marriage, a family, and no drama but Sami? She gets 3 guys – one who loves her so much she needs 2 others to hide behind. Will is grown. Lucas isn’t needed and that love is gone, Sami’s using him. She always has! As for Rafe – same story. Lucas wasn’t there, EJ was and wanted her, Sami doesn’t think she’s good enough for love so she takes left overs and 2nd bests. End the agony of Salem’s men. Find some good women for Rafe and Lucas, and Put EJAMI together. Come on! everyone sees it. everyone knows it. Ali Sweeney and James Scott are the hardest working actors on the set IMO. They drive the actions of everyone else. Without them and their characters at this point in time, there’d be no show. Stop living in the past.

Comment by Morgan – August 10, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I so totally agree with you. Those two are the reason I watch Days!!!!!! I am getting sick of the writers getting our hopes up high for a reunion between those two and BAMM nothing happens, that is not fair. Sami and EJ have a chemistry that noone will ever be able to have no matter how many men they put her with. Let her be with EJ and let them be happy.

Comment by Myrtho Romulus – August 16, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i totally agree

Comment by sandy – August 11, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve stopped watching a ” LONG TIME AGAO!!!!!” it’s boring and puts me to sleep!

Comment by Keri – August 11, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure why DOOL would have taken a break during Wimbledon as NBC didn’t televise it this year.

Comment by Glenn – August 10, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was the French Open

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It wasn’t Wimbledon..it was because of the OLYMPICS!!

Comment by Missy – August 10, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sami & EJ again!!! This is so old.

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 10, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haven’t watched this in forever sounds like nothing has changed except that in reading about Sami and EJ I feel like the only difference in some respects between them and that couple from Twilight saga is, well not much. Both like to drain the life out of things and viewers get to a point where we just don’t care. Wonder where EJ keeps his famgs…

Comment by Jennifer – August 10, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can’t deny their chemistry though, ultimately neither will be truly happy…unless they are driving the other one crazy and challenging them that is.

Comment by Aryn – August 10, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Neither will be happy until they finally get together. I’ve noticed they only seem to hurt each other when their in relationships with other people. Like Lexie said, if they stopped trying to kill each other they could be happier than they’ve ever been.

Comment by KM – August 10, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They bring out the best in each other, they’re at their worst when they’re with other people.

Comment by manburgerhelper – August 10, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • THIS.

Comment by B.D. – August 10, 2012 09:30 PM PDT
    • I know! *gagging*

Comment by Penny – August 10, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve loved them since 2006 and I am hoping they will FINALLY let them be together. Every time they tease us and we never get them.

I am hoping for EJ & Sami to ACTUALLY get a real chance!

Comment by soaper410 – August 10, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thankful Days is back on Monday…I wish Gabi becomes a casuality, sorry to the actress and her fans but she doesn’t fit in and is much too needy a character for us long time fans to accept as someone who deserves so much airtime!!

With that said, I wish they’d put Billie Reed out of her misery too – she and the original Austin are so underwhelming and BORING on show now. I am hoping Sami & Lucas get that playful banter back that they had when he first returned. I am a HUGE fan of James Scott (EJ) and want to finally see him happy, he’s done some bad things but who hasn’t in Salem?!
    P.S. Stefano is not dead…he always rises from the ashes :)
    P.P.S. Goodbye Ian, Madison, Carrie, Austin, Jack & Melanie – Jack, Melanie & Carrie will be the only one missed.
    Yes Bo is leaving too, but Peter Reckel is leaving of his own free will and I personally think Bo & Hope have run their course!

Comment by Belle – August 10, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right…Billie & Austin are a total snooze fest, I liked the previous Austin so much better; have never liked the original guy. Billie looks older than her mother Kate!

Comment by Aryn – August 10, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WEll said Belle – I’m with you!

Comment by Judy – August 10, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Personally I wish Hope would go away with him. All she’s gonna do on the show with Bo gone is whine about it. Boring.

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 10, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If there is a movie made of the book Fifty Shades of Grey I think hands down that James Scott (EJ) should play Christian Grey. While reading the book I kept picturing EJ in the role. He would be great.

Comment by Paula – August 10, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Obviously you like James Scott and so do I, however in no way, shape, manner or form would I want James Scott lowering himself to play Christian Grey. I think JS has too much respect for women to play that role. Its your fantasy though so enjoy! :)

Comment by Morgan – August 10, 2012 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too!!

Comment by KIM – August 16, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think the powers that be would use him to star in the movie him being a soap star but if they would let him read for the part I think he would be great for the part of Christian Grey. I really wish he could be the star. I can’t decide who should play Ana.

Comment by Paula – August 16, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sami and Lucas are great as friends, frenemies, Sami and Ej are soulmates, perfect lovers together imho.

Comment by julie – August 11, 2012 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP Gabi – please, oh please let her character die!!!!!

Comment by Aryn – August 10, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, I think you’re going to be disappointed.

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 10, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t like the idea that half the cast is fired!Hope signed a new contract to stay.I hope Caroline is staying but I think she’s done. She getting up there in age.

Comment by steven mclaughlin – August 10, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I’m praying with you. I don’t understand, why Camila Banus is still on the show.

Comment by 26 – August 10, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i still prefer her to her ‘boring’ brother Rafe ! lol

Comment by claire – August 11, 2012 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack and Madison Die. Ian killed Stefano, but I don’t think he’s dead.

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I figured Ian would end up being EJ’s dad…guess not since he’s leaving the show. Maybe he helped Stefano fake his death?????

Comment by Aryn – August 10, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No way that ugly Ian could produce a son that hot! So glad he is leaving, can’t stand him. I think John Black is ejs father.

Comment by Delores Wimmer – August 10, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree Ian is too butt ugly to be EJ’s father, its gotta be John Black. The Pheonix will rise. Go Sami & Ej. Buh bye Lucas sooooo tired of your whinny, needy self. Daniel is a hottie!

Comment by Yami – August 10, 2012 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, I think John is EJ’s Dad because wasn’t John married to Kristen and crazy Susan (who is EJ’s Mom) faked her identity to pose as Kristen to be with John?? I can’t remember exactly because it was sooo long ago,. but it could be possible. So EJ may still be a Dimera!
          I wish Carrie would stay & get together with Rafe.
          Poor Brady, he is never happy!!! (if Madison dies)
          I was thinking Stefano was in protective custody with the Feds because of doing under cover jobs & maybe they “faked” his death & put him in hiding?
          I don’t want Mel to leave.. I love her!
          Gabby HAS TO GO, can’t stand her “no body loves me” bull.
          Jack & Jenn are so boring.
          Hope Nikki & Daniel make it, but I have a feeling she may loose the baby?

I CAN’T WAIT FOR MONDAY!!!! TOTAL DAYS WITHDRAWL!!!!

Comment by Jane – August 10, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • ive been wondering how is john black a dimera??????

Comment by monalisa – August 10, 2012 10:30 PM PDT
          • Did anyone think that Hope might be pregnant with John Blacks baby!!

Comment by lisa – August 11, 2012 12:33 PM PDT
          • Do you think Stefano was embalmed? No one noticed the man in the coffin wasn’t dead?

Comment by Kay – August 12, 2012 06:36 PM PDT
  • Gabi lives, Andrew escapes

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Will & Sonny to hook up, stat!

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 10, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they will share a kiss soon

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know, saw the video but I don’t think there’s a love connection for awhile yet. Apparently (SPOILER, STOP READING IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW)…………sonny get’s bullied and he takes a dark turn.

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 10, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hey where did you read that SPOILER…sonny will take a dark turn…I read spoilers anywhere and everywhere and I missed that one haha…probably with “T” coming back on the show its the start of the bullying?

Comment by Cyn Cromarty – August 10, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes, T is a bully and goes after Sonny because he “made” Will gay. At least that’s my understanding. It causes Sonny to relive the days before he came out, etc. I’m hoping that this turn of events is the beginning of Wilson, hee :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 10, 2012 02:36 PM PDT
  • I’m not necessarily sad about some of the departures from Days – in spite of the time some of them have been on. I only wish Bo would take Hope with him – she is so corny and fake that I hate watching her almost as much as I hate hearing her mother Julie sing off key all the time. I was never an Austin fan – too gay and fake for me – should never have been a love interest or husband (yuk) for Carrie. Billie Reed…sayonara already…she is really awful and hard to watch because her face really does scare me – looks like a mask. I will miss Carrie – wish she was coming back. Ian….I can’t even think about his character because he is so….ugh….just awful to watch.A love interest for Kate???? and even worse Madison’s husband?? come on writers! What’s happening with Days? I wish they would find new blood and stop having the characters always winding up with each other instead of finding new partners. It really is incestuous.It alost seems like the good actors – the ones we want to stay – get sick of the drama and sad writing and just leave. I HATE seeing Melanie leave…she was really terrific and I wish her much luck in her new endeavors! Can’t wait till Monday!

Comment by Judy – August 10, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with almost all of this post, but Julie is not Hope’s mother…her mother died and dad remarried Julie. The original Austin is not as handsome as the Austin that originally replaced him and that’s why Carrie is so ready to rid him from her life. She gave up everything to be with him back in the day and then they brought back the old Austin and the love connection with his return was lost. Ian…seriously, this is an Erica Kane husband No. 1000+ and his character sucks. Kate..seriously, who would love her? NOBODY…She a horrible skank!!! The only persons who truly could love her are her grandchildren and the ever loving Lucas…who is also so naive to her wicked ways!!

Comment by Genene – August 10, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hope and Julie share the same Mother. Doug is Hopes Father and Julie is her much older sister. Addie is Alices & Tom’s daughter and died of cancer when Hope was a baby and Julie was a teenager. After several years Doug married Julie.

Comment by Kathy – August 10, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No she had cancer but she was hit by a car and died.

Comment by Kathy – August 11, 2012 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only two I will miss are Melanie and Jack. Except they weren’t writing for Jack. Molly Burnett is young and I don’t think she’ll mind moving on to other things. Sh is so talented. I have a feeling we’ll be watching her somewhere for years to come.

Comment by Bobbi – August 10, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry Judy, Julie is not Hope’s mother but her sister. Doug had an affair with Julie when he was married to Hope’s mother Addie. Addie died and Doug married Julie. I have been watching since about 1966..watched with my mother …Will be sad to see Peter Rekell gone..Love Bo!!

Comment by Diane – August 10, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • bring back the old billy she’s beautiful sexy and fun to watch

Comment by lisa – August 11, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and keep marlaina

Comment by lisa – August 11, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited for Days to finally come back! The EJ and Sami scenes should be amazing!!

Comment by Ang – August 10, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, LOVE EJ and Sami! And Will to boot? Perfection!

Comment by MoiraC – August 10, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This story is one of the best that Days has done for a long time. Also, can’t wait to see where EJ and Sami go from here. :)

Comment by Krista – August 10, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack and Madison are gonners and thank goodness, EJ will live. He must. Because I said so.

Comment by Nancy Graff – August 10, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this & EJ & Sami. Excited to see what happens!

Comment by Monica – August 10, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Sami & EJ.I hope they get together ans stay together.Gabi needs to either die or go to jail.Do not like her.

Comment by Jamie Moore (@jamielynnmoore7) – August 10, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So much love for Wilson. They are meant for each other.

Comment by 26 – August 10, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love days and all there actors there, sorry to see any of them go but this show always keeps me in excitment. cant waite till monday, love ya

Comment by sandra deel – August 10, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ej and Sami are so overdone. I’m tired of them too and could care less if they ‘rumble’ anywhere. I’d like to see Days bring the heat with couples more appealing and those who haven’t the history of abusive behavior those two have heaped on each other. Days used to be known for their romantic super couples and epic romances. New writers are coming in after this Daysaster so hopefully they can bring back some fun sexy sparks and compelling twists for couples we can really care about to keep viewers tuned in. With Stefano returning shortly they also need to ramp up their scheming villains (Stefano, Ej, Nicole, Kate, Victor) and make the show must see again.

The Daysaster is fun in that the special effects are amazing and it’s exciting to see the whole cast involved while we guess who might suffer a fatality, but the character stories have been lacking, so big time change needs to occur after this event.

Comment by Cassidy – August 10, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disagree : Ej and Sami are not ‘old’ they never got a real chance to begin !!!!
      Also they are grey characters who could make an unique couple of two grey characters together with lot’s of conflicts, romance, family time, storylines, the black and white characterisation of soap characters doesn’t interest majority of viewers now, they need grey complex characters who can be good and bad like in prime time soaps who are great success with the audience (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Revenge, Dallas ect..)

Comment by claire – August 11, 2012 02:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ej & Sami OMG love love them ! I can’t wait

Comment by sara – August 10, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved the Olympics, but I’m really excited to have DOOL back! And I’m super excited that we are finally getting a story for EJ and Sami! Those two have always been fantastic together, and it’s about time we get a story worthy of their talents!

Comment by Jill – August 10, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the clip. :) EJ and Sami saving each other was so amazing. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

Comment by Princess Nutella (@ready4success) – August 10, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EJ and Sami are the best I want them to get together, he is so cute and love her ,Please find out soon that he is not the killer

Comment by Diamond G – August 10, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gabi needs to go and so does Ian , but it will be dum if EJ leaves town , cause then it will show that he killed him and he did not ,they need to fry Ian .. Hate him …

Comment by Diamond G – August 10, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d like to know how he(Ian) found out Sami had the flash drive. I think there’s a bug in the demira house.

Comment by Kathy – August 11, 2012 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gabi is a drag, Melanie is whiny, Bo and Hope have done it all. Good bye Carrie and Austin, whosses’s . tired of John and Marlena. Like
    Sami, ok with Lucas for a while – liked Jennifer and Daniel –
    Got to really mix stuff up and of course Stefano will rise from the dead…Again………….

Comment by Andrea – August 10, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back MiMi, Shaun, Belle and Max and Rex. Love Sami and EJ!

Comment by Jessica – August 10, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d love to see (original) Shawn, Belle, Phillip and Chloe back!

Comment by Cookala – August 10, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I miss Shawn and Belle. I heard he’s coming back. I wonder if they’re replacing Belle.

Comment by Kay – August 12, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes bring back belle and shaunand max mimi they were the best teens on the show. and really sorry to hear that bo is leaving . and is kayla and abe getting together.

Comment by brenda beaver – August 10, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!!

Comment by lisa – August 11, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really good video

Comment by bsh – August 10, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Scott and Ali Sweeney always give 100% and never let their fans down. I just watched (Canada) as EJ struggled with all his strength to save Sami from certain injury or death. Those strenuous and very physical scenes had to be quite difficult. I love the fact that EJAMI are actually on the same page and working together at long last! The blinders have FINALLY fallen from Sami’s eyes and she obviously no longer CARES what Roman, Rafe, Lucas or anyone else in Salem thinks! Hallelujah!!

Comment by Cookala – August 10, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love how EJ and Sami are finally putting each other ahead of themselves. They are both growing and realizing they have made mistakes. It’s refreshing seeing them having each other’s back .Instead of at each other’s throats.James and Ali always bring their A-game wheither Ejami is loving or fighting!!! The natural chemistry and talent these actors display is why I love Ejmai so much!!! And it’s about time Samantha quits worry about what anyone thinks including her ex’s!!!! Bring on the Ejami goodness!!! I can’t wait!!!

Comment by Berlingirl – August 10, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. TIIC are killing off Jack again. We should have gotten a great Jack and Jennifer story with Jack’s return, and we got almost nothing. Bring Jack back and get it right, Days!

I don’t care about EJ and Sami.

Comment by Hey – August 10, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i love Ej and Sami AND Jack !

Comment by HEATHER – August 11, 2012 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I always fast forward Jack in Jen! Jack is boring!

Comment by lisa – August 11, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t be more excited about whats coming up. I’m a HUGE EJ and Sami fan! It’s about time those two finally get together. And Will and Sonney too? I can’t wait!

Comment by Heidi – August 10, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see the EJ and Sami scenes. I love those two together, and the actors have great chemistry.

I bet Stefano isn’t dead! The man just doesn’t die.

Really looking forward to the Daniel and Nicole scenes too. Those two are cute together. He’s way better for her than EJ IMO.

Poor Jack!! I don’t want him to die.

Monday really can’t come soon enough.

Comment by KM – August 10, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love EJAMI, they are the best couple to ever hit daytime. They just shine together. THeir chemistry is undeniable. Sami has outgrown Lucas a long time ago and Rafe was just a substitiute for Roman. Sami needs a man who makes her alive and that man is EJ.

Comment by marilyn – August 10, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree.

Comment by HEATHER – August 11, 2012 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ditto to all comments!!

Comment by Kay – August 10, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited to see where things go with Ej and Sami! I love this couple, I really think they deserve a chance. Neither character can truly shine in any other coupling. Ej and Sami are a special couple!

Comment by cj75 – August 10, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww! I love EJ and Sami. She put her life on the line for him and he, in turn, saves her life. If that isn’t meant to be, I don’t know what is.

Comment by Kay – August 10, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack and Madison will die.

I feel sorry for Matt Ashford. The writers couldn’t come up with a good storyline for him. And many longtime fans wanted Jack and Jen to get back together. By killing him off, it makes her romance with Daniel more palatable. So here comes a Daniel-Nicole-Jen triangle.

Sarah Brown is a great actress. A shame DAYS squandered her talent. They started with a strong, confident character and turned her into a sniveling mess.

I’m sorry that Peter Reckell is leaving the show, but it’s understandable. I wonder how they will write him off and what the future holds for Hope since Kristen Alfonso just signed a new contract.

I’m glad the Ian character is on his way out. What a yucky character. That Kate hooked up with him is unbelievable. Kate is smarter and better than that.

There seems to be rumours that Sami and Rafe aren’t ‘done’ as a couple. So now we’ll have 3 men competing for her? Really?

Looking forward to Eric finally coming back to Salem and Kristin, too.

I hope next Monday is worth the hype and that they don’t drag this ‘day’ out for weeks and weeks. (Remember Marlena’s return and the pink sweatsuit(?)?

New writers, please wow us, entertain us, and bring back some of the fun from DAYS gone bye. (Eugene and Calliope or whomever).

Comment by Karen A – August 10, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where do you guys get all this information about who’s going and whats happening next?? I thought I was following the Dayaster but you have so much information I’ve never seen.

Comment by Jan – August 10, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love EJ and Sami! What an awesome clip!

Comment by Cherish – August 10, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMAZING!!! Thank you Days and the new writing team for reviving this show AND rebuilding,restoring,recharging EJAMI!!! Its really the next step in their evolution as characters and I’m SO excited to see them move away from all the negative writing they were given in the past. They have always had that IT factor and honsestly as a soap watcher for 25 years and a Days watcher for 20 – I think they could be the next “Luke & Laura” if they see this through!! Bravo and I cannot wait to keep watching and see how this adventure/disaster scenario unfolds for all the characters of Days!!

Comment by Cj08 – August 10, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ejami! Oh how I love them. EJ and Sami make Days so interesting for me. Those looks that pass between them speak volumes. So much chemistry! They are so fun to watch, especially now that they are back to their true characters. I’m also ready for Will and Sonny too! And my Stefano to come back. I will miss Jack. I wish they hadnt let him go.

Comment by Lenee – August 10, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for DAYS to return. I so miss Sami and E.J. EJami all the way!

Comment by Sophie – August 10, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they re-cast Bo. Hate they are getting rid of Jack. Hope by him leaving doesn’t put Jennifer with Daniel. ZzZzzz Madison and Ian can go. I will miss Melanie. I wish her all the best in her future, Enough of EJ and Sami! I hate them together! I turn the channel when they’re on together. Loved DAYS for over 37 years and them together has been the couple I’ve hated to see together the most.

Comment by Penny – August 10, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And for me Ej and Sami are the couple (or potential couple) i have loved to see together the most on Days.

Comment by erica – August 11, 2012 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EJ and Sami are overexposed and are on WAY too much…..but Iove them so much!!!!!!! They’re my guilty pleasure :)

Comment by Sunset – August 10, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to THAT! Isn’t that what soaps are all about? A little guilty pleasure in the middle of the day? Personally I think they have not been over exposed, we just have not seen them in a truly positive story line before now, and folks grow weary of all the negativity. GO EJAMI!!

Comment by cjb28 – August 10, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who is “T” and who is “Wilson”? I’d like to see Will and Sonny but I saw a clip that Will was surprised Sonny kissed him. Hopefully he’ll come around though. Sorry to see Jack go and Bo. I like Bo and Hope but maybe because they’ve been together so long. Would love to see lots of the “older” Salemites come back. Just need good stories. If Stefano is not EJ’s father who is? Why didn’t Alice say in her letter? Wish Tony could come back, maybe he didn’t really die! Can’t wait till Monday. DVR is all primed and ready since I have an appointment.

Comment by Josephine Rowe (@PipperJo) – August 10, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ‘T’ is Tad (I think). And WilSon is the portmanteau for Wi-ll and Son-ny. I personally can’t believe how seriously everyone is taking Alice’s letter. DNA test, anyone????

Comment by Sunset – August 10, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s our girl! Sami and EJ are a true love story. They will always save each other and love each other no matter what GO EJAMI!

Comment by PR EJAMI – August 10, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think it will be Abe that goes and not Roman if they are getting rid of old ones. Although, Abe and Kayla would be a good match. Mixing it up. I think they should keep Kate, she keeps things interesting although she is a villan. Sure Stephano will be back, the Phoenix always rises! Keep EJ, Sami, Daniel. Let Jen and Daniel get together.. Thats the happiest I have ever seen her. When she is with Jack she is always looking down in the mouth. Don’t let Daniel and Nicole be together. Ian must go. i didn’t like Madison with Brady. Put him and NIcole back together. They suit each other.Jack needs to go. Keep Melanie. Let Gaby go. Put Carrie and Rafe together. Let him go on assignment and bring her back. Billie and Austin are to go. I hate to see Bo go but he will be back. Hope is nothing. He acted more in love with the doctor than hope. You could see fireworks but not with Hope. I’ve been with Days since the beginning. .Keep Will and friends.

Comment by Peggy – August 10, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also think Daniel is Victor’s son. Keep Sami, EJ, Lucas, all the kids

Comment by Peggy – August 10, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Interesting thoughts. Kayla and Abe? Kate should stay. We all know Stefano will be back. I liked Dan and Jen together was sorry they didn’t make it. Don’t like Niccole and Dan. Yeah, Brady and Niccole would be good. I wish Melanie would stay I like her. Gabby can go. Also been watching since beginning. We hardly ever see Kayla’s mother anymore so maybe she will be going. Bring some older ones back. Haven’t seen Sami’s brother is like for-ever. Was never really a fan of Carley(?) Melanie’s mother. Maybe it’s just that particular actress. How is Bo departing? Can’t be dying if he is coming back some day.

Comment by Josephine Rowe (@PipperJo) – August 10, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder if the bad news Justin gets is sonny getting bullied or something happens to adrienne

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the clip and can’t wait for Days to start again next week. I’m guessing Madison and Jack die. I hear Ian is leaving the show the next week. Days is my show; I’ve been watching it forever. I’m super geeked to see Sami and EJ getting together – finally! And this time it better be done right! They are the best thing to hit Days since Bope.

Comment by Patty – August 10, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they bringing Kristen back as herself or Susan? cause i remember Susan was killed in the pool and Kristen took Susans identity than she was kidnapped.

Comment by tom – August 10, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Susan married Edmund Crumb and moved to England.

Comment by manburgerhelper – August 10, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kristen will be Kristen ~ at first

Comment by Kirk – August 10, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Ejami! I’m so sad Jack is leaving. I don’t care if he’s with Jennifer or not, he’s more interesting. I don’t understand why they’ve kept Roman all these years. He’s painful to watch and boring. Same with Dan and Dannifer. I wish they’d give they younger folks more interesting exciting stories, like Ejami on the run. Replace Rafe and Brady with exciting heroic types. Rafe’s is so bland although I did like him better with Carrie. Bradison was so forced it had no impact at all, aside from making me FF. I want young folks I can root for like the 80s and 90s, not interchangeable couples.

Comment by Jen – August 10, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Everyone on this show have become so fickle. I like Daniel and Jennifer. This will be hard on Nicle.

Comment by Kay – August 13, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post