Exclusive

Exclusive Breaking Bad First Look: Will Skyler Finally Crack Under the Pressure?

Anyone who’s watched AMC’s Breaking Bad this season knows that Skyler isn’t in the best of places. Heck, last week she threatened to do herself harm if it meant that her children would be kept away from their maniacal drug king father danger.

And in this exclusive first look at some shots from this Sunday’s episode, the money-laundering mama doesn’t appear to be doing any better. Sure, she’s not slow-mo pseudo-drowning herself in the family pool, but we happen to know that the upcoming hour finds her striking a losing deal with Walt, and it’s the kind of bargain that could define their relationship for the rest of the series.

RELATED Breaking Bad‘s Anna Gunn Ponders Skyler’s Own Future: ‘It Wouldn’t Surprise Me’ If She Dies

But might Sky have a plan in her back pocket – next to her smokes – that will take down her cocky husband and save her family before it’s too late? Take a close look at her face in the photo above (as well as those of the chemical brothers in deep discussion below) and hit the comments with your best guess about what’s ahead!

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Supernatural, Once, White Collar, Leverage, Saving Hope and More!

1. Newo says:

Vince Gilligan was on Conan this week, they showed a clip of Skyler and Walt discussing her latest plan/deal on this weeks upcoming episode

2. AW says:

Oh god – theory – I only thought of this when you said ‘next to her smokes’ – Skyler’s gonna smoke that ricin cigarette isn’t she :(

• Rock Golf says:

Nope. The Ricin cigarette was flushed down the toilet. The ricin capsule is hidden behind an electrical outlet. It was never intended to be smoked anyways. It was to be sprinkled on Gus’s soup or salad.

• AW says:

Ah, okay. I forgot that he had flushed the cigarette part, I just remembered him hiding the ricin in the outlet.

• Still I think he is on the right track. It’s telling that Walt saved it. One of two things will happen in my opinion. Walt will kill her with the Ricin or she is going to rat Walt out to Hank. If she rats him out, I think Hank might mistakenly try to help them out of the situation. Also, I am still waiting for Fring’s people from Peru or wherever he supposedly came from to come calling on Walt. I remember they said Fring kinda appeared out of thin air, so he had to have been someone big and dangerous back then to need a new identity to get into the US. Nothing good is going to come from killing him.

3. SG says:

Walt sure is feeling confident if he’s inviting Jesse over to his home to discuss business! He never wanted him near his place before. Last ep was good, but I hope this week’s isn’t so Skyler heavy because I want to see more Aaron Paul, especially when he looks as good as he does in that promo picture.

4. JeffM33 says:

Walt taints Skylers food with the ricin. But…

… angry, depressed Skyler has nor appetite, pushes her plate aside and the ever ravenous Walt Jr. scarfs it down before a horrified Walt can so much as say a word.

5. Shannon says:

I don’t see the photo of Skyler….

6. pria says:

What I want to know is – what is Jesse doing in the White residence?

7. TV Gord says:

I don’t think Walt’s going to do anything to intentionally cause physical harm to Skyler. As far as he has sunk since the beginning of the series, he has never lost sight of the fact that he’s doing all of this to provide security for his family. Even if he could make it look like a suicide (which would be convincing, since she’s already sort of attempted that), I think that’s a line his own code of ethics STILL won’t let him cross.

8. valerie tower says:

I think Skyler will prevail over Walt.

9. 1234 says:

Yeah the Ricin doesn’t seem likely to end up on Skylar or Walt Jr…. More apt to end up with Hank or Pinkman