Exclusive

The X Factor Exclusive: Check Out the Hot (Pink) Season 2 Key Art!

Simon Cowell’s wardrobe may be 50 shades of gray, black, and white (v-necks), but the new key art for Season 2 of The X Factor is positively bursting with color — namely, hot pink and turquoise.

The stateside incarnation of Cowell’s reality singing competition underwent a massive makeover following its Season 1 finale — with Britney Spears and Demi Lovato taking over spots at the judges’ table from Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger, plus Steve Jones stepping down in favor of two as-yet-to-be-named co-hosts.

Not surprisingly, the new promo image (embedded below) puts Spears and Lovato front and center, flanked by Cowell to the right and returning mentor L.A. Reid to the left.

RELATED | X Factor‘s Simon Says: ‘Britney Is Mean,’ ‘Demi Is a Brat’ and Both Are ‘Harder to Please Than Me’

The show’s Season 2 tagline? “Unforgettable. UnXpected.”

The X Factor returns with a two-night season premiere, Sept. 12-13 (8/7c on Fox).

Are you excited for the show’s sophomore season? Stoked about Spears, Lovato, or both? Hit the comments with your thoughts! And for all the X Factor episode recaps, interviews, and commentary you can possibly handle, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Lisa (@KittyKay3) says:

I didn’t watch last season, but will give the revamp a try. Idol has been so bad the last two seasons. I think Cat Deeley would be excellent. She is the best host on TV IMO. I would miss her on SYTYCD and doubt the Simon’s would allow her to do both.

2. A says:

Blake Lively wore the same top as Britney in the season three Thanksgiving episode of Gossip. Blake wore it with pants and it looked much better.

3. Confidential says:

I know a few contestants/producers on the show. I don’t think America has ever seen a reality singing show like this before. It’s totally revamped. Super docu-series following the relationship between the mentors and contestants rather than a get up there and sing for your life (Idol/Voice) approach. Demi Lovato is going to be America’s next house-hold name. Demi is new/genuine/interesting/entertaining. She is the Paula & Simon dynamic from Season 1 of American Idol. Demi will steal the show.

4. Jessica says:

Demi’s so beautful! ♥ Can’t wait for xfactor to start :D

• belo says:

Demi is a hater…by sheer luck, not talent, is she where she is today. She is not qualified to be a judge, Brittany is. To get a negative critque from Brittany is acceptable…to get a negative from Demi simply reflects the hate she has for a contestant. When that contestant she hated on gets her own star, she will surpass Demi…The hated is much more beautiful and talented than Demi will ever hope to be. Go back to destroying/hurting yourself. You do not belong on tv.

5. Jason says:

Honestly, Idol has been horrible for years. This sounds fresh and exciting. I hope it does well.

6. Jill says:

Well, I am not looking forward to the two new judges but I hope the revamp is better then last year. If it is not, I wont be watching a third time. I guess they feel if they get two scandalously clad women on, it will draw a bigger following. I wish the show luck though.

7. Nick says:

I’ll give it a try because last year was so bad, I stopped watching at the bootcamps

8. JASon says:

Judges don’t really matter. Unless they get more diverse talent than they had last year it won’t get huge ratings. No one wanted to watch 10 RNB acts fight for a title. Add a little rock, country, folk and make the thing diverse like American Idol is. Most of the best biggest seasons of Idol included Rock singers. Season 4 had Bo Bice, Season 5 had Daughtry, Season 7 had Cook, Season 8 had Lambert, Season 10 had Haley.

And there were no country contestants.

9. Jack says:

I’ll watch for Britney tbqh

10. The demi always beautiful, inside and out, your heart is golden ♥ ♥

11. hr says:

Im excited but ready to be dissapointed..I hope the talent is there..last year had 6-7 viable artists..josh drew where ru? I dont want all fake drama..also depends on hosts..kelly o will ruin it for me..also wish demi would darken her hair..dont like 2 blondes..want contrast on the screen..justme

12. Jared says:

#Britfactor

13. LOVE DEMI LOVATO says:

LOVE DEMI LOVATOOOO!!!!…..DEMI LOVATO ROCKS!!! :D <3

14. KIMBCONT24 says:

OMG!!!!! DEMI LOVATOOOOOOOOOOO♥♥

15. kimvato says:

Demi ♥ _ ♥

16. Just Me says:

Okay all these comments and not one about how horrible this new key art is? It’s horrible.

17. BOW TO GODNEY says:

GODNEY IS GONNA SLAY DEM RATINGS OMG

18. veysi says:

I love you sweet girl
    britney

19. greysfan says:

Personally the art looks horrible. That aqua logo is horrible. In saying this, i am really looking forward to the reboot. I hope they have made changes for the better. Britney and Demi are going to be great additions.

20. me says:

That totally looks photoshopped. Couldn’t get them all in the same room at the same time?

21. Yo' says:

Looks like two dirty old men with some young women to me.

22. leaveittogossip says:

Reblogged this on Leave It To Gossip.