Boardwalk Empire Season 3 First Look: Is a New Dysfunctional Romance Blossoming?

Maybe little Tommy Darmody stands a chance after all.

Orphaned at the end of Boardwalk Empire‘s second season, the son of the dearly departed Jimmy and Angela was left in the care of his psychotic grandmother Gillain (Gretchen Mol). But based on the first batch of Season 3 photos released by HBO, Richard Harrow has taken a hands-on role in the little one’s upbringing. But the seductive look Madame Darmody is throwing the war vet’s way has us worried. (Note to R.H.: Resist her charms — the woman’s 50 shades of cray cray.)

RELATED | Boardwalk Empire Drops [Spoiler]

Elsewhere, Margaret continues to play Nucky’s dutiful spouse (emphasis on play), Agent Van Alden looks as angry and creepy as ever, and new series regular Bobby Cannavale passes the period test with flying colors.

Boardwalk Empire returns Sunday, Sept. 16.

1. Britta Unfiltered says:

Looking good, Bobby Cannavale. Richard Harrow is probably my favorite character on the show. He’s fascinated me ever since his first scene on the show when he and Jimmy talked about the war in that doctor’s waiting room. Though I do wish they hadn’t done that scene where he shot and killed the crying kid. That was pretty cold and heartless. But I’m trying hard to block that from my memory and just concentrate on how interesting he’ll be in a father figure role to Jimmy’s kid. Gillian does scare the crap out of me, I hope he can keep the upper hand with her.

2. MJ says:

ugh I hate Gillian so much, I hope she dies this season.
    I’m glad Richrad still has contact with Jimmy’s kid but he better be careful around crazy Gillian.

3. Danielle says:

Thanks for posting the pictures. Can’t wait for Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire! Would not be surprised that Gillian may be after Richard. If she survives long enough throughout the duration of the show, I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up with Jimmy’s son. ;) She reminds me of a female version of John Huston’s character in the film Chinatown. Speaking of which, it was only recently I discovered that Jack Huston (Richard) is his grandson. Had no idea.

4. Jim says:

will not watch any more. They should not have killed off Jimmy

5. jessica says:

Yeah I’m a Lil ticked they killed off Jimmy he was my fav (firearm too), but I’m sure hbo will bring someone else in the mix. Plus it was an amazing way to end the season. I wish Nucky would finally leave his “wife” already she makes me mad.

6. wambui AW says:

wonder how the show will be without jimmy. nucky is my fave character though

7. danielle k says:

I luvd jimmy – michael pitt main reason i watched but i really like harrow too shouldNOT have killed off jimmy bad move tv people

8. Baidu says:

Baidu world’s largest Chinese search engine dedicated to Internet users more convenient access to information, find the demand.Baidu over billions of Chinese web database, you can instantly find relevant search results [url=http://www.baidu.com]Baidu[/url%5