Hot Video: Old Navy Reunites Beverly Hills, 90210 Grads — Including That Triangle

Get More: Uncategorized

Remember when the Beverly Hills, 90210 crew were the ones sitting behind the school desks instead of lecturing at the blackboard?

If The CW’s 90210 continuation didn’t signal that those days were gone for good, a new Old Navy ad campaign surely does. In the spots, West Beverly alumni Jennie Garth, Jason Priestley, Luke Perry and Gabrielle Carteris walk the halls of a colorful school wearing items from the clothing company’s fall line.

Though no one refers to the actors by their 90210 names, Carteris’ barely hidden love for Priestley and Garth’s single line – when faced with Perry and Priestley, she simply says, “I choose jeans… all of them” – make the connection as obvious as Donna Martin’s prom-night inebriation.

Press PLAY on the videos below to see the gang in action, and then hit the comments to let us know which other Beverly Hills 90210 grads you’d like to see shill for the family-friendly clothing company.

Comments (38)

• The new “90210″ needs to lift there ridiculous “ban” on having original West Bev’ers on that show!

Comment by George – August 8, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish they would, I tried to keep watching after Jennie Garth’s last episode, but I got bored and didn’t care about the new kids enough to keep watching. I would totally watch it again though if they had the originals back on. I love these commercials.

Comment by Liz – August 8, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is not a ban, Jennie Garth was the one that said she did not want to come back she wanted to concentrate on her kids.
        Brian Austin Green, Jason Priestley and Luke Perry have all said they would not be on the show. Tori Spelling wanted to come back again but they refused, so that is the one that is the new shows fault.

Comment by sarah – August 9, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too. I think that when they had the old cast on they did better with the show because it hit such a broad spectrum of audiences. The new 90210 does great….and OUR kids know who they are….but for the “elder” characters to be in it we could relate because it brought back so many memories for us that watched the Original cast grow up in the 90s 90210.

Comment by Tanya – October 27, 2012 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love those ads! I had only seen the Brendon/Andrea one and thought it was hilarious! Kudos to the ad agency who came up with this concept – they know their target audience, we’re all grown up with kids in school now, and we GET those ads!!!

Comment by Nathalie – August 8, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Blossom one was good too! They should do more TV reunions.

Comment by dude – August 8, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah these are great.

Comment by Kater – August 9, 2012 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I live for these commercials….I loved 90210s Original Show…It hit so many close related causes when I was in School, things that I saw my real friends going thru…I think they made a mistake in nother keeping some of the original cast on the new show If They wanted to be there. It is a good show, and they do hit topics that are usually not mentioned for teenagers now days….but with the guidance of the “elder” cast….I think the show would do better. seriously…..who WOULDN’T watch the show if Dylan decided to pop bk in to see Kelly and his son, and if Brenda decided to move bk with an adopted child….or if Donna and David tried to work out their problems as she tried to start a business again? What about Steve and his wife and baby…or Valerie, Nat STILL has it, and Andrea still looked as good as ever. I wish Brandon would SEE she was what he always KNEW was there but he always wanted the glamorous model type….Andrea was just as good…with a Brain!!! Ah well…the possibilities. My daughter is 10 now…Im 38. And believe it or not we watch the 90210 original series on SOAP and she loves it. She’s a 80/90 kid….clothes and all. Not to mention she likes DYLAN character….oh lord…..

Comment by Tanya – October 27, 2012 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok, so…these guys presumably need the money

Comment by lily – August 8, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s close to my reaction. I felt embarrassed for them to be reduced to schilling for Old Navy. More for Jason though cause I think Gabrielle changed career paths after 90210.

I’ve only seen their commercial.

But if he really wanted to do it as part of the apparent 90s shows retrospective that Old Navy’s been doing then more power to him. (I missed the Blossom commercials so didn’t realize there was a theme)

Comment by megalion – August 11, 2012 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gabrielle Carteris did not change career paths after 90210. She’s got a ton of post 90210 credits, more than most of the cast, and for several years was basically one of the princesses of made-for-tv movies. She’s still working and is currently the president of the AFTRA actor’s union.

Comment by Jammy – August 13, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well obviously we need a Donna and David one and how about one with the Walsh parents. Another remake could be made by using Saved By The Bell alumni.

Comment by Elle – August 8, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would love David and Donna.

Comment by Michelle R. (@MsMichelleR) – August 8, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh absolutely some sort of SBTB commercial would be great.

Even though they’d make sure not to include Dustin Diamond.

Comment by Evan – August 9, 2012 12:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait wut? Why would anyone want a Jim and Cindy one?

Comment by Ravenous – August 8, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Jim and Cindy so I wouldn’t mind a commercial with them.

Comment by DL – August 8, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jim and Cindy could “dictate” what the grandchild could wear!! Lol….I loved those parents…they could fit in anywhere!!!

Comment by Tanya – October 27, 2012 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty much all you need is Kelly, Dylan and Brandon in a commercial. They were the only three I really liked.

Comment by sandee – August 8, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HAH! Love it!!! :D …I choose…JEANS! :D

Comment by Kelly – August 8, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My fav is the one with Jason and Gabrielle!!

Comment by Tina – August 8, 2012 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! That brought back so many memories! I loved it! I couldn’t stop watching it over and over again!
    I agree that they should do a Saved By The Bell one.

Comment by over and over and over.... – August 8, 2012 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Love Love seeing Jennie Garth! They need to reunite Kelly and Silver asap. I miss their connection.

Comment by Brock – August 8, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah…They needed one another it seems. From crazy psycho mom to Silvers underlying problems…Kelly was good for the new show.

Comment by Tanya – October 27, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The second ad was class! I miss those days, used to love the original show.

Comment by Brian (@TheFifthDoctor) – August 9, 2012 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They have to bring Brenda as well, then it would be perfect!

Comment by Omer – August 9, 2012 03:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see an ad with David and Donna. They’d stare into each other’s eyes romantically and David will expectantly ask, “Are you ready?” And Donna will sweetly reply, “Yes, I’m finally ready…to go Back to School!! These khakis rule!” This campaign has so many old-90210 double-meaning marketing tie-in possibilities!

Comment by Noa – August 9, 2012 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! I’d love to see that too!

Comment by JS – August 19, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!! So cute!

Comment by Shana – August 9, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They have aired the Jason and Gabrielle one but I knew there was a Kule Perry (love him) and Jennie Garth one so I went and found in yesterday! I love these!
    Next we need them to do ones with more 80/90′s stars. They have done Blossom already so maybe Full House, Who’s The Boss…

Comment by sarah – August 9, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy alot

Comment by Michele – August 9, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love these commercials!! I was always a big fan of the show. I just saw the one with Dylan, Brendon and Kelly. Love it and the other one is hilarious with Jason Priestly and Gabrielle Cateris. I must say recently I have been tuning in on the reruns;)

Comment by Michele – August 9, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love these ads!!

Comment by Kel – August 10, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Donna Martin Graduates! Donna Martin Graduates! I miss the real 90210. :-( I feel like I grew up with them (even though half of them were in their 30′s when the show aired).

Comment by Jules – August 10, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know I thought the same thing??? They did a wonderful job on the Original show…and I watch re runs constantly on SOAP tv….I loved their clothes and Hair….Dylan, Kelly, Brandon, Brenda, Andrea, Steve, Valerie, David and Donna…..and the WALSH parents Jim and Cindy….all seem like distant relatives or something!!!!

Comment by Tanya – October 27, 2012 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And the original triangle was Brenda, Dylan and Kelly but I guess Old Navy knew better than to cast Shannen Doherty.

Comment by Jules – August 10, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch 90210 if they would let the old cast return for feature arcs. Most of the current cast is morbidly unwatchable…..

Comment by David – August 17, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Dylan with brenda (my favorite) and kelly could be fighting over jeans or jean jacket!! (Dylan)

Comment by sandra – August 28, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I love the original triangle (Dylan Brenda and Kelly) I think they should have put Brenda and Dylan back together and Kelly and Brandon back together before they ended the show. The old gang should come back on the new 90210 episodes and I would like to watch it. I keep trying to tune in but I can’t get into it because I grew up with the old gang. I love the commercials and think they should keep making new ones

Comment by Christi – November 21, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post