Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Happy Endings Taps Rachael Harris as Dave and Alex's [Spoiler]

Rachael HarrisDave and Alex’s relationship on Happy Endings is taking a big leap forward, and Rachael Harris will be there to help them out.

The Hangover actress — who recurs as Jess’ boss on New Girl — will guest star in Episode 2 of the ABC comedy’s upcoming third season as a real estate agent, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Glee, Once Upon a Time, Happy Endings, Parenthood and More!

Yes, the former couple is back together, and they’ll decide to cohabitate with some help from Harris’ Suzanne, who prides herself on finding every client a place to live. But she may have met her match in Dave and Alex.

This isn’t Harris’ first stint on the Alphabet network. She starred on the sitcom Notes from the Underbelly and has appeared on Modern Family, in addition to Suits, My Boys and Party Down.

Happy Endings returns Tuesday, Oct.23 at 9/8c.

Comments (29)

• Dave and Alex get back together, isnt that a MASSSIVE spoiler?!

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – August 7, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • considering that happened in the finale which aired more than 4 months ago I don’t think so.

Comment by tht19 – August 7, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, Ausiello sort of accidentally broke this earlier today if you read through his “Ask Ausiello” scoop.

Comment by wordsmith – August 7, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news on Happy Endings is good news in my book! Can’t wait for season3 to start!!!

Comment by Davey – August 7, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • booo to Dave & Alex.. Team Penny & Dave!!

Comment by rebecca – August 7, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – August 7, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh no love triangles! If they give us Dave and Alex with the promise of no ugly teen show messes, I’ll take it.

Comment by Sara – August 7, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly, I think people are more interested in the newness of the possibility of Dave and penny, rather than how it’d actually play out. Given Dave’s history with Alex and the build-up these past two seasons, it’d be a shame to throw that away.

Comment by Mike – August 7, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There really hasn’t been much of a build up to speak of w/ Dave/Alex, besides their drunken hook up and her leaving Dave at the altar, which says something right there about their relationship. Penny and Dave was actually hinted at as early as S1 in the ep. “You’ve Got Male” and now it’s not even subtle in S2 and especially 3. I personally think they make a lot more sense then rehashing a relationship that obviously didn’t work and was missing something if the girl left him at the altar after being together 10 years.

Comment by Marie – December 13, 2012 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny & Dave are so much better as good friends. I never got all that forced feelings they were trying spoon feed everyone at the end of last season. It would have been like if they tried to put Ted & Lily together on HIMYM back in Season 2 after she went to San Francisco for the summmer.

Comment by AgentPhilCoulson – August 7, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. I can’t see Penny and Dave meshing well at all, I can’t stand the forced relationship they are trying to sell.

Comment by Lauren – August 8, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It will always be ross (dave) and rachel (alex)

Comment by LittleGirl – September 3, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If this was Friends. Penny and Dave would be awesome together from what I’ve seen, they just click.This show probably wants to stay far away from being exactly like Friends, don’t you think? Rachel didn’t leave Ross at the altar after 10 years together. That means there’s something fundamentally wrong with your relationship. Dave/Alex are more like Ross/Emily. Dave/Penny has been hinted at since S1 people, in “You’ve Got Male”. I’ve seen nothing from Alex/Dave this season especially that makes me want to root for them. They’ve had nothing but problems and moved in together even though they both obviously didn’t want to. There’s just something missing.

Comment by Marie – December 13, 2012 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo! I want Dave and Penny together.

Comment by lene – August 7, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alex and Dave!

Comment by bia – August 7, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto!

Comment by marge – August 7, 2012 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. It’ll happen eventually, I’m convinced after watching this season so far. They’re hinting at it slowly.

Comment by Marie – December 13, 2012 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whew, what a relief! Dave and Penny as good friends is a great thing. Dave and Penny as a couple feels like an entirely different show. I love Alex and Dave’s chemistry! Their comedic timing is great. I dont want that to be sacrificed all for a stupid love triangle! Happy Endings is better than that!

Comment by Tim – August 7, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The whole group’s comedic timing is great but I don’t see anything about Dave/Alex that makes them a good couple. It’s like everyone is ignoring the fact that Alex left him at their wedding after 10 years as a couple. And every episode this season they’ve had issues. They make better friends IMO. I feel like they’d just end up divorced, they just lack something.

Comment by Marie – December 13, 2012 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her in My Boys :) that’s great news

Comment by Bianca (@bjam_) – August 7, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Dave and Penny together!I love the show! Every single characters are fun to watch.

Comment by Nicole – August 7, 2012 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want Dave and Alex back together, nor do I want Penny and Dave together. Not everyone has to get together, it becomes to incestuous. In reality, great friendships are established and stay that way. Introduce new love interests outside the group for all 3 of them.

Comment by Ella – August 7, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still upset that Happy Endings and New Girl are time slot competitors. The fact that their casts have so much overlap makes this harder.

Comment by portiaslegacy – August 8, 2012 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is she going to get rid of those outdated glasses? Contact lenses, Lasik, anything but those 90′s specs.

Comment by Heathers – August 8, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Rachael Harris is amazing and I was just saying I wanted to see her on Happy Endings (dreamcasted as Jane and Alex’s mum but whatever). She’ll be on the show and that makes me a happy camper.

Comment by F – August 9, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAVE AND ALEX

Comment by B – August 9, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked her episode of Cougar Town too, as the leader of the “Mom gang”

Comment by Mikael – August 10, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dave and Penny, for sure. Dave/Alex is awful, and they do not make a good couple (talk about no chemistry) and I think what happened in the pilot is a huge hint to that fact.

Comment by Ashley – December 13, 2012 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post