Exclusive

Exclusive: Happy Endings Taps Rachael Harris as Dave and Alex's [Spoiler]

Rachael HarrisDave and Alex’s relationship on Happy Endings is taking a big leap forward, and Rachael Harris will be there to help them out.

The Hangover actress — who recurs as Jess’ boss on New Girl — will guest star in Episode 2 of the ABC comedy’s upcoming third season as a real estate agent, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Glee, Once Upon a Time, Happy Endings, Parenthood and More!

Yes, the former couple is back together, and they’ll decide to cohabitate with some help from Harris’ Suzanne, who prides herself on finding every client a place to live. But she may have met her match in Dave and Alex.

This isn’t Harris’ first stint on the Alphabet network. She starred on the sitcom Notes from the Underbelly and has appeared on Modern Family, in addition to Suits, My Boys and Party Down.

Happy Endings returns Tuesday, Oct.23 at 9/8c.

1. Dave and Alex get back together, isnt that a MASSSIVE spoiler?!

2. Davey says:

Any news on Happy Endings is good news in my book! Can’t wait for season3 to start!!!

3. rebecca says:

booo to Dave & Alex.. Team Penny & Dave!!

• Sara says:

Ugh no love triangles! If they give us Dave and Alex with the promise of no ugly teen show messes, I’ll take it.

• Mike says:

Honestly, I think people are more interested in the newness of the possibility of Dave and penny, rather than how it’d actually play out. Given Dave’s history with Alex and the build-up these past two seasons, it’d be a shame to throw that away.

• Marie says:

There really hasn’t been much of a build up to speak of w/ Dave/Alex, besides their drunken hook up and her leaving Dave at the altar, which says something right there about their relationship. Penny and Dave was actually hinted at as early as S1 in the ep. “You’ve Got Male” and now it’s not even subtle in S2 and especially 3. I personally think they make a lot more sense then rehashing a relationship that obviously didn’t work and was missing something if the girl left him at the altar after being together 10 years.

4. AgentPhilCoulson says:

Penny & Dave are so much better as good friends. I never got all that forced feelings they were trying spoon feed everyone at the end of last season. It would have been like if they tried to put Ted & Lily together on HIMYM back in Season 2 after she went to San Francisco for the summmer.

• Lauren says:

Totally agree. I can’t see Penny and Dave meshing well at all, I can’t stand the forced relationship they are trying to sell.

• LittleGirl says:

It will always be ross (dave) and rachel (alex)

• Marie says:

If this was Friends. Penny and Dave would be awesome together from what I’ve seen, they just click.This show probably wants to stay far away from being exactly like Friends, don’t you think? Rachel didn’t leave Ross at the altar after 10 years together. That means there’s something fundamentally wrong with your relationship. Dave/Alex are more like Ross/Emily. Dave/Penny has been hinted at since S1 people, in “You’ve Got Male”. I’ve seen nothing from Alex/Dave this season especially that makes me want to root for them. They’ve had nothing but problems and moved in together even though they both obviously didn’t want to. There’s just something missing.

5. lene says:

Noooo! I want Dave and Penny together.

6. Tim says:

Whew, what a relief! Dave and Penny as good friends is a great thing. Dave and Penny as a couple feels like an entirely different show. I love Alex and Dave’s chemistry! Their comedic timing is great. I dont want that to be sacrificed all for a stupid love triangle! Happy Endings is better than that!

• Marie says:

The whole group’s comedic timing is great but I don’t see anything about Dave/Alex that makes them a good couple. It’s like everyone is ignoring the fact that Alex left him at their wedding after 10 years as a couple. And every episode this season they’ve had issues. They make better friends IMO. I feel like they’d just end up divorced, they just lack something.

7. Loved her in My Boys :) that’s great news

8. Nicole says:

I like Dave and Penny together!I love the show! Every single characters are fun to watch.

9. Ella says:

I don’t want Dave and Alex back together, nor do I want Penny and Dave together. Not everyone has to get together, it becomes to incestuous. In reality, great friendships are established and stay that way. Introduce new love interests outside the group for all 3 of them.

10. portiaslegacy says:

Still upset that Happy Endings and New Girl are time slot competitors. The fact that their casts have so much overlap makes this harder.

11. Heathers says:

When is she going to get rid of those outdated glasses? Contact lenses, Lasik, anything but those 90’s specs.

12. F says:

Yes! Rachael Harris is amazing and I was just saying I wanted to see her on Happy Endings (dreamcasted as Jane and Alex’s mum but whatever). She’ll be on the show and that makes me a happy camper.

13. B says:

DAVE AND ALEX

14. Mikael says:

I liked her episode of Cougar Town too, as the leader of the “Mom gang”

15. Ashley says:

Dave and Penny, for sure. Dave/Alex is awful, and they do not make a good couple (talk about no chemistry) and I think what happened in the pilot is a huge hint to that fact.