First Look: Dexter's Season 7 Poster Mystery — Who (or What) Is Dex Eyeing?!

Dexter‘s sure-to-be-killer seventh season kicks off Sept. 30, and Showtime is generating some pre-premiere buzz with the release of the show’s new poster — but there’s a twist.

VIDEO | Watch the First Two Minutes of Dexter‘s Seventh Season Now!

The network only unveiled a portion of the artwork — a close-up shot of Dex’s right eyeball. Check out the haunting image below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: What — or who — is that reflecting in his pupil?

1. Johnny says:

It looks like a television, and on that television is the Kardashians, Dexter is planning to kill the Kardashians, sounds like the best season ever.

• dale says:

one can only hope

• Kimberly says:

That would be UH-MAZINGGGGGG. I H8 The KARDASHIANS!!! I just made another post 3 min ago about how in the cast for season 7, Julie Benz is back as a “Harry & Brian (ice truck killer)” that he see’s & converses with. I’m disappointed because her voice is JUST as annoying as the Kardashian girls! So I’m with you on this poster… It’s a tv & he kills all the Kardashians!

• Ann says:

From your lips……

• SweetWookielove says:

Yeah, I think it’s just the equipment in front of him. No reason at all to think it’s some hidden messege of some kind…

• Kimberly says:

It’s not a soft box reflection…. I dissect eyes in pictures ALL the time being a makeup artist trying to figure out the lighting on a pic I love and want to tell a photographer about for an idea of a shoot I would like to replicate. No, this is a clue to get the uprise of all the dexter fanatics… If you look closely you will see black images inside the white box. It kills you that you can’t figure it out… No pun intended

• Kimberly says:

Eeeeh, wrong!

• Kimberly says:

*Lisa Johnson…. Nope…. So not not the “camera flash” go outside the box on this one… They photo shopped that in his eye intentionally… It’s a clue. Read the post I left if you scroll down the page, it’s not a soft box… If you
      Aren’t in the business, a soft box is a beauty light used for even lighting on photo shoots….

2. Travis says:

This photo makes me feel better about how much ear hair and under eye air I have. The photo is definitely from some kind of screen. It’s either a refelection of a tv or his cell phone. The image size looks like the television. His head is faced forwards so I think it’s the tv. And it looks like it might be smoke in the image.

• Kimberly says:

Those are called sideburns & bottom eyelashes. What you have sounds like you need to see someone to get a wax job. I can recommend “pink cheeks” on Ventura blvd in Sherman oaks. All the celebs go there… They will hook you up. & they didn’t take this pic as a clip from the show. I did all the bionic woman eye promo pics that were plastered on every billboard & bus stop. They do separate shots for shows, they aren’t that cheap or lazy. Just sayin

3. Glenn says:

I think it’s a TV, perhaps with Deb on it? Just guessing that it’s her though after what happened in Season 5 (no spoilers, even though most people looking at this have probably seen the last season anyway) and because the 2 spots released so far have been of Dex & Deb, so it would fit with their marketing for the new season.

4. jen says:

I think it’s one of his glass slides with blood on it.

• Kimberly says:

His blood slide drops are round & red… Unless he’s decided to kill dinosaurs at laBrea tar pits in the mid wilshire district and he’s putting lines of tar in his slides. Lens crafters for Christmas Jen! Lol kidding!

5. Kimberly says:

I saved the image, blew it up in photo shop as clearly as possible & it’s either a bar code or a heart monitor from the equipment at a hospital…. Maybe he takes out deb… She’s so in love with him, he should just bang her so it creates a stronger bond (you know how girls get after sex) and she won’t turn him in… I can’t see 5 episodes of dexter in court AND losing his job at the lab…. Plus a season 8? He has got to bang her and she’ll see past this Travis Marshall killing. I mean if she was up in the air about turning the captain in for the prostitutes death than why not consider her own foster brother that she has the “hot’s” for? I say if you can’t bust him…. JOIN HIM DEB!!!

6. Kimberly says:

Gross, can’t believe Julie Benz is part of season 7 cast.. I hope it’s just illusions of her and not a speaking roll like Harry & Brian Moser… Her voice is annoying like one of the 3 Kardashian sisters. I worked on Baby sister Kendal for a photo shoot & she’s got a normal voice… I hope she doesn’t pick up Kim’s, Khloe’s, or The other K sis (can’t remember her name) like Madonna “picked” up the British accent in London when she lived there a whopping 4 months…. Ciggerett butts in the ears when Julie Benz makes her appearances on dexter season
    7 to block that voice out…

7. Kimberly says:

Wait! What if it’s the bar code on a plane ticket? Maybe deb gave him an hour to get out of there (like Dexter & Lumen) before the place was swarming with cops. Maybe he fly’s to another state in the Country to make a fresh start? God, I hope it’s L.A. And there is a nation wide manhunt for Dexter from Miami Metro homicide but he keeps in touch with deb from burn phones…. Hmmmm will he take Harrison or leave him behind for Deb to raise?

• ohlala says:

kimberly – i think you’re having a manic episode and need to stop posting such bizarre comments.

• Kimberly says:

Sorry you assume that these are bizarre posts but I am in the business and know people… Just some hidden messages in my posts because who knows how much the confidentiality agreement is for? could be 5 million dollars…Just tryin to leave more “clues” is all… what you call bizarre, I call inside info a little scrambled game play without giving to much info. Just tying to work your brain, No harm..
        Best- Kimberly

8. madhatter360 says:

I thought it looked like the windows on the TARDIS… season 7 of Doctor Who clearly can’t come soon enough for me.

9. knollay says:

its the box that luis send him last season

10. Vanessa says:

I wish Julie Benz was coming back, I really miss Rita. I think she was good for Dexter and if she hadn’t been killed then Dexter may have had a chance to become normal. But the show wouldn’t have been as intriguing…. The image on Dexters eye looks like a tv screen or computer screen