Doctor Who Season 7 Preview: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship! Weeping Angels! River Song!

Get More: Previews, Video

That’s a whole lot of Daleks — an entire stadium full of ‘em — at the start of the first-look trailer for Season 7 of Doctor Who. (All together now, “Ex-ter-min-ate!“) And things only seem to get more intense from there.

We’ve got the Doctor giddily observing dinosaurs on a spaceship (and later, somebody getting a ride atop a triceratops). We’ve got stops in Times Square and the Wild West. And there’s a shot of the Doctor with a lifeless Amy (I think?) in his arms. Plus, there are plenty of our protagnoist’s old enemies in the mix. Oooh, blowing out a candle never looked so creepy, did it?

Doctor Who returns to BBC America this fall. Sound off in the comments with your anticipation level for the new season, and then share your thoughts on this new trailer.

Tags: ,

Comments (43)

• So excited!! RIVER SONG FTW!!! Sad Amy and Rory will be leaving this season though.

Comment by mia – August 2, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why are they leaving????

Comment by Luli – August 2, 2012 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Rory would be MUCH more upset if the Doctor really was carrying her “lifeless” body. My guess is that she’ll live… through that episode.

Comment by Slizabeth – August 2, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I’m pretty sure the Dalek episode is the first and they don’t leave until the fifth episode.

Comment by madhatter360 – August 2, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And the Doctor would be more upset as well. He doesn’t sound heartbroken when he’s delivering that line.

Comment by Dani – August 2, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That weeping cherub will be haunting my nightmares for a long time.

Comment by Rob – August 2, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For real

Comment by Keren – August 2, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I thought those things couldn’t get creepier

Comment by Gilda – August 2, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I NEED THIS SEASON NOW!!! it looks too good.

Comment by jake – August 2, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Daleks are in the first episode, and Amy & Rory leave mid-season. Damn I hate to read spoilers, but based on that it’s easy to see that she’s not dead. Still, how cool is that Dalek convention?

Comment by John – August 2, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see, I want to see, I so want to see ! I had chills with the candle :O

Comment by Gil Kevin (@void42) – August 2, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Doctor is not carrying Amy’s lifeless body. That happens in episode 1. The Ponds don’t leave until episode 5. She’s just injured or unconscious. The trailer is AMAZING! i can’t wait!

Comment by tee – August 2, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the next series! Though I will miss Amy and Rory. This cannot start soon enough. Sadly we only get 5 episodes until Christmas and then Easter…then we get the rest of the season!

Comment by Becka – August 2, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At first Chris Eccleston was my Doctor, and I thought that David Tennant was too campy, then David Tennant became my Doctor and I thought that Matt Smith lacked charm, but now Matt Smith is my Doctor. Och, I am so fickle! :-)

Comment by Keren – August 2, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t wait for the new season!

Comment by Keren – August 2, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with your first choice. The others are too cocky, one note, docs. Chris had much more dimension IMO.

Comment by Guest – August 3, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So. Many. Daleks.

Comment by Gilda – August 2, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO EXCITED!! I can’t wait for Season 7 to start, even though I am so, so sad about The Ponds leaving. :(

Comment by Mikaylah – August 2, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t see why we have to wait so long to see it! The BBC gets to see it way before we do. Mean while we get teased about it! Not fair! We want Doctor Who NOW!!! We LOVE the doctor!!

Comment by Lourie – August 2, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not sure where you are, but the last couple years BBC America has broadcast the same day as BBC proper. Albiet a few hours later due to time difference. So the wait isn’t THAT bad.

Comment by onemovieeachday – August 2, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE RIVER SONG WEDDING

Comment by raynald doe – August 2, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When the Weeping Angel blew out that match, I was like HOLY CRAP! They are honestly some of the scariest villians of all time for me. I hate them, yet love them! Can not wait for the season to start!!!

Comment by robin – August 2, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Comment by KND – August 2, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GERONIMO !!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Leonard – August 2, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the weeping angels, but I liked the way they were more restricted in Blink. Creatures of the abstract, live off of potential energy so they’re the only psychopaths in the universe to kil you nicely. But then they’re snapping people’s necks instead of zapping you back to the past and moving about. There were supposed to be Quantum locked, can’t move when they’re being observed. Moffat well and truly tossed those rules out the window now hasn’t he? I mean he’s the writer, he can, but I thought the angels were cooler when they moved in the blink of an eye.

Comment by Dani – August 2, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Weeping Angels Back?!?! OH NOOOOO! Those things creep me out. I can’t look at statutes any more! Looks like a great season! Can’t wait!!

Comment by JAO – August 2, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oooh, I can’t wait! I love the little cherub angel. He’ll probably be the creepiest of them all.

Comment by Truly Roxie – August 2, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing Amy probably did something that destroyed all of the Daleks and she just blacked out after. It looks so awesome! Why wouldn’t anyone want to see dinosaurs on a spaceship?!

The baby weeping angel is freaking me out though, my mom has one of those in our yard.

Comment by Annie – August 2, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’ve been desperate for some DW news! when’s the season premier? wiki says august, well it’s august now!!!

Comment by jess – August 2, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • August 25th is what I’ve been hearing :)

Comment by CJ – August 2, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Can’t wait for the season to start. A Weeping Angel baby?! I think I just pooped my pants. Yikes.

Comment by Amanda – August 2, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait. They are making us wait way too long! Its now been 8 months 8 days since my last Dr. Who fix!

Comment by Dan – August 2, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG DYING I cannot wait!

Comment by CJ – August 2, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait!!! I am so very excited for this show to return! I love Matt Smith as the Doctor!!

Comment by Moe – August 2, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m probably in the minority and sure to get hate, but why won’t River Song go away?!?! She’s sooooo tiresome!

Comment by Sheila – August 2, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but if he’s implying that Amy killed all the Daleks at the end of that scene, I’m going to be pissed. Bad Wolf anyone? 10 & Rose forever!

Comment by Erin – August 2, 2012 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “This Fall” and “Coming Soon” are all I keep hearing. Does anyone know an actual date?

Comment by Shane – August 2, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At Comic-Con, they confirmed that it would begin airing in August. According to iMDB, the air date for “Asylum of the Daleks” is August 25th.

Comment by CJ – August 2, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have heard late August…there are some scheduled first episode previews at a couple of events mid-month; it sounds like the show will start up after all that so CJ’s comment earlier about August 25th sounds like it could be right on.

I’m with Erin btw on Rose and 10 – best pairing evah! Although I am warming up to Matt Smith and I’m sure I’ll probably still get misty when the Ponds exit even though Amy’s been my least fave modern era companion. The trailer looks quite awesome…I cannot wait!!

Comment by Tess – August 2, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I heard January for US…..Fall for UK.

Comment by Shaun – August 3, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW I am terrified of weeping angels and now baby angels how could they kill someone there to small.

Comment by Gary – August 3, 2012 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is such a underated show. I cant wait for the new season and Im excited to see them bring in a new companion. Maybe Jack could appear in a few episodes.

Comment by Hermes – August 3, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe I missed it in the premier, but why couldn’t the Doctor or the Ponds tell that souffle-girl was a Dalek? Wouldn’t her electronic broken monotone speach give her away?

Comment by DKG – September 5, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post