Doctor Who Season 7 Preview: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship! Weeping Angels! River Song!

That’s a whole lot of Daleks — an entire stadium full of ‘em — at the start of the first-look trailer for Season 7 of Doctor Who. (All together now, “Ex-ter-min-ate!“) And things only seem to get more intense from there.

We’ve got the Doctor giddily observing dinosaurs on a spaceship (and later, somebody getting a ride atop a triceratops). We’ve got stops in Times Square and the Wild West. And there’s a shot of the Doctor with a lifeless Amy (I think?) in his arms. Plus, there are plenty of our protagnoist’s old enemies in the mix. Oooh, blowing out a candle never looked so creepy, did it?

Doctor Who returns to BBC America this fall. Sound off in the comments with your anticipation level for the new season, and then share your thoughts on this new trailer.

1. mia says:

So excited!! RIVER SONG FTW!!! Sad Amy and Rory will be leaving this season though.

2. Slizabeth says:

I think Rory would be MUCH more upset if the Doctor really was carrying her “lifeless” body. My guess is that she’ll live… through that episode.

3. Rob says:

That weeping cherub will be haunting my nightmares for a long time.

4. jake says:

I NEED THIS SEASON NOW!!! it looks too good.

5. John says:

The Daleks are in the first episode, and Amy & Rory leave mid-season. Damn I hate to read spoilers, but based on that it’s easy to see that she’s not dead. Still, how cool is that Dalek convention?

6. I want to see, I want to see, I so want to see ! I had chills with the candle :O

7. tee says:

The Doctor is not carrying Amy’s lifeless body. That happens in episode 1. The Ponds don’t leave until episode 5. She’s just injured or unconscious. The trailer is AMAZING! i can’t wait!

8. Becka says:

I can’t wait for the next series! Though I will miss Amy and Rory. This cannot start soon enough. Sadly we only get 5 episodes until Christmas and then Easter…then we get the rest of the season!

9. Keren says:

At first Chris Eccleston was my Doctor, and I thought that David Tennant was too campy, then David Tennant became my Doctor and I thought that Matt Smith lacked charm, but now Matt Smith is my Doctor. Och, I am so fickle! :-)

10. Gilda says:

So. Many. Daleks.

11. Mikaylah says:

SO EXCITED!! I can’t wait for Season 7 to start, even though I am so, so sad about The Ponds leaving. :(

12. Lourie says:

Don’t see why we have to wait so long to see it! The BBC gets to see it way before we do. Mean while we get teased about it! Not fair! We want Doctor Who NOW!!! We LOVE the doctor!!

• I’m not sure where you are, but the last couple years BBC America has broadcast the same day as BBC proper. Albiet a few hours later due to time difference. So the wait isn’t THAT bad.

13. raynald doe says:

THE RIVER SONG WEDDING

14. robin says:

When the Weeping Angel blew out that match, I was like HOLY CRAP! They are honestly some of the scariest villians of all time for me. I hate them, yet love them! Can not wait for the season to start!!!

15. KND says:

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

16. Leonard says:

GERONIMO !!!!!!!!!!

17. Dani says:

I love the weeping angels, but I liked the way they were more restricted in Blink. Creatures of the abstract, live off of potential energy so they’re the only psychopaths in the universe to kil you nicely. But then they’re snapping people’s necks instead of zapping you back to the past and moving about. There were supposed to be Quantum locked, can’t move when they’re being observed. Moffat well and truly tossed those rules out the window now hasn’t he? I mean he’s the writer, he can, but I thought the angels were cooler when they moved in the blink of an eye.

18. JAO says:

Weeping Angels Back?!?! OH NOOOOO! Those things creep me out. I can’t look at statutes any more! Looks like a great season! Can’t wait!!

19. Truly Roxie says:

Oooh, I can’t wait! I love the little cherub angel. He’ll probably be the creepiest of them all.

20. Annie says:

I’m guessing Amy probably did something that destroyed all of the Daleks and she just blacked out after. It looks so awesome! Why wouldn’t anyone want to see dinosaurs on a spaceship?!

The baby weeping angel is freaking me out though, my mom has one of those in our yard.

21. jess says:

i’ve been desperate for some DW news! when’s the season premier? wiki says august, well it’s august now!!!

22. Amanda says:

OMG! Can’t wait for the season to start. A Weeping Angel baby?! I think I just pooped my pants. Yikes.

23. Dan says:

Can’t wait. They are making us wait way too long! Its now been 8 months 8 days since my last Dr. Who fix!

24. CJ says:

OMG DYING I cannot wait!

25. Moe says:

I cannot wait!!! I am so very excited for this show to return! I love Matt Smith as the Doctor!!

26. Sheila says:

I’m probably in the minority and sure to get hate, but why won’t River Song go away?!?! She’s sooooo tiresome!

27. Erin says:

I’m sorry, but if he’s implying that Amy killed all the Daleks at the end of that scene, I’m going to be pissed. Bad Wolf anyone? 10 & Rose forever!

28. Shane says:

“This Fall” and “Coming Soon” are all I keep hearing. Does anyone know an actual date?

• CJ says:

At Comic-Con, they confirmed that it would begin airing in August. According to iMDB, the air date for “Asylum of the Daleks” is August 25th.

• Tess says:

I have heard late August…there are some scheduled first episode previews at a couple of events mid-month; it sounds like the show will start up after all that so CJ’s comment earlier about August 25th sounds like it could be right on.

I’m with Erin btw on Rose and 10 – best pairing evah! Although I am warming up to Matt Smith and I’m sure I’ll probably still get misty when the Ponds exit even though Amy’s been my least fave modern era companion. The trailer looks quite awesome…I cannot wait!!

• Shaun says:

I heard January for US…..Fall for UK.

29. Gary says:

WOW I am terrified of weeping angels and now baby angels how could they kill someone there to small.

30. Hermes says:

This is such a underated show. I cant wait for the new season and Im excited to see them bring in a new companion. Maybe Jack could appear in a few episodes.

31. DKG says:

Maybe I missed it in the premier, but why couldn’t the Doctor or the Ponds tell that souffle-girl was a Dalek? Wouldn’t her electronic broken monotone speach give her away?